Unusual Hybrids in D&D

We all know the half-elf and the half-orc. But, have you ever gone crazier than that when it comes to hybrid races in D&D? Have you ever embraced the hints that Stouts & Tallfellows are the results of halflings mating with dwarves & elves? Have you ever done a 4e and made Muls a true-breeding human/dwarf hybrid race in your setting? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm also interested in discussing stats for unusual hybrid races in 5e D&D, too, simply because that edition's the new hotness.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Mul
slideshare.net/MewChan/dd-35-bastards-and-bloodline
realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/vampiredragon.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun fact; dworgs are an actual third-party D&D race, coming from the "What if Sauron won?" themed setting of Midnight.

Kingdoms of Kalamar for 3e Tel-amhothlans, which were elf/orc hybrids.

Werewolf dwarves. Called ankle-rippers.

In my setting, Stouts are the true halfling race, Lightfoots are the result of human-halfling interbreeding.

Tritons are half-merfolk, half-human; goliaths are half-giants, half-smaller humanoid, usually either human or orc. Dragonborn are the descendants of half-dragons and humanoids. Gnomes are suggested to probably be a type of goblinoid descended from the smaller goblin race.

Most of the major races (human, dwarf, elf, halfling, goblin, gnome, orc) can breed with one another, although they don't do so with enough frequency to be considered as major races in and of themselves, except for half-elves, half-orcs, lightfoot halflings, goliaths, and tritons.

So, long story short, I have some draft 5e stats for muls, tel'amhothlans, dworgs and n'djatwa (elf/ogres from Mystara). Is it Veeky Forums acceptable to post them here and try and get the bugs out?

Why the hell not, I figure? Let's start with something dear to Veeky Forums's heart, the half-dwarf, the Mul.

Ability Score Modifier: +2 Constitution, +1 Strength
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Normal
Tireless: A mul ignores the first level of Exhaustion it suffers, and regains two levels of Exhaustion when it completes a long rest.
Limitless Endurance: A mul increases its hit point maximum by 1 point and further increases it by +1 point each time it gains a level.
Dwarven Vitality: A mul has Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Resistance to Poison damage.

Any opinions? For reference to previous writeups of their ability scores, see here: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Mul

Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against being Charmed and are Immune to Magical Sleep effects.
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in the Perception skill.
Muddied Heritage: Tel-Amhothlans are chaotic breed and can favor either orcish or elvish aspects of their lineage. Choose the Orcish Brutality, Elvish Grace, Fae Magic or Lolthbreed subrace options.

Orcish Brutality:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

Elvish Grace:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Fleet-Footed: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Natural Athlete: You have Proficiency in the Athletics skill.

Fae Magic:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Mystic Talent: You can cast one Wizard cantrip of your choice. Charisma is your spellcasting ability score when casting the cantrip provided by this trait.

Lolthbreed:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Superior Darkvision: Your Darkvision increases to 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity: You suffer Disadvantage on Attack Rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks made when you, the target of your attack or whatever you are studying is in direct sunlight.
Drow Magic: You can cast the Dancing Lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Faerie Fire spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability score for these spells.

Dworg
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
Speed: 25 feet
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Dwarven Resilience: You have Resistance to Poison Damage and Advantage on saving throws against Poison and Disease.
Muddied Heritage: Dworgs are chaotic breed and different individuals express their mixed heritage in different ways. Choose the Warbrute, Stonecaller or Tunnelfiend subrace.

Warbrute:
Ability Score Modifier:+1 Strength
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.
Talent for Battle: You have Proficiency with the Battleaxe, Handaxe, Throwing Hammer and Warhammer.

Stonecaller:
Ability Score Modifier:+1 Intelligence
Crafter's Instinct: You have Proficiency with the Artisan's Tools of your choice from the following list: Smith's Tools, Brewer's Supplies, or Mason's Tools.
Stonecunning: When you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered Proficient in the History skill and add double your Proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Tunnelfiend:
Ability Score Modifier:+1 Wisdom
Raking Talons: You possess claws, which you can use as natural weapons when making an unarmed strike, allowing you to inflict 1d4 + Str bonus Slashing damage on a successful hit.
Caverncreeper: You have Advantage on Stealth checks made when in caves or other underground regions.
Superior Darkvision:Your Darkvision increases to 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity:You suffer Disadvantage on Attack Rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks made when you, the target of your attack or whatever you are studying is in direct sunlight.

Reminder that Bastards and Bloodlines was a thing

Wait, WHAT?

Give me Orc-Halfling hybrid, please.

OH NO NO NO

Yeah, Stouts in my setting are basically the result of crossbreeding between Halflings and Dwarves

I... am actually quite impressed by that request. Now, personally, I'd do that as a subrace for the halfling, given that's how we get Stouts (dwarf/halfling) and would have Tallfellows (elf/halfling) if 5e had thought they were worth the effort of converting.

That acceptable? Unlike the Dworg or Tel'amhothlan, I don't really see "Orcling" as that mutable a race...

>Blink Dog/Halfling

HOW?!

Peanut butter no doubt enters into the equation at some point.

To elaborate...

Orclings are the product of interbreeding between orc and halfling, an uncommon occurance. Whilst they retain the general stature of halflings, as well as their agility, courage and uncanny luck, they are far more brawny and aggressive than other strains of halfling, and can deliver brutally punishing blows. Those reared amongst halflings often become village bullies and toughs unless their aggression is channelled, whilst those raised amongst orcs are exceptionally aggressive and vicious, attempting to use ferocity to make up for their small size.

Halfling Subrace: Orcling
Ability Score Increase: +1 Strength

What would you get if you crossed a gibbering mouther with an air genasi...

a lot of hot air?

slideshare.net/MewChan/dd-35-bastards-and-bloodline

Oh, what's a wretch? That sounds hilariously awful.

Says that a goddess combined half lung druids with blink dog allies to make these abominations.

>Oh, what's a wretch?
look at right most column

The Blink Knot, that's how.

I wanna see the piiiiiiiictuuuuuuure

*holds breath*

Are ya happy ya big baby?

>Dwarf, roper
You think they call the dwarf parents rope-burners

Yes. Thank you.

>all those arbitrary bonuses

wew, someone has a boner for aberrations

Dwelf
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Strength
Blood of the Elder Races: You have Resistance to Poison and Advantage on saving throws against the Charmed and Poisoned effects. For special effects keying off of race, you are treated as both an elf and a dwarf.
Gifts of Creation and Destruction: You have Proficiency in your choice of two of the following: a martial weapon, a set of Artisan's Tools, a musical instrument, the Arcana skill, the Nature skill, or the Medicine skill.
Right of Blood: You belong to a subrace which determines the remainder of your abilities. Choose the Born to Stone, Born to the Wild, Born to Magic or Born to Darkness subrace.

Born to Stone
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution
Heed the Earth: You may add double your Proficiency bonus to History checks relating to the origin of stonework, and can cast the Mold Earth cantrip.

Born to the Wild
Ability Score Increase: +1 Constitution
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in Perception.

Born to Magic
Ability Score Increase: +1 Intelligence
Arcane Birthright: You know 1 cantrip of your choice from the Wizard spell list, which uses Intelligence as its spellcasting ability score.

Born to Darkness
Ability Score Increase: + 1 Charisma
Superior Darkvision: Your darkvision increases to 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity: You suffer Disadvantage on attack rolls and on sight-based Perception checks made whilst you or the object of your attention is in direct sunlight.
Gloaming Hexes: You can cast the Eldritch Blast cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Unseen Servant once per long rest. At 5th level, you can cast Spider Climb on yourself once per long rest. Spells cast with this trait use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score. However, you cannot use spells granted by this trait if you are in direct sunlight.

oh...
oh dear
*unzips*

let the degeneracy begin

Playing a dwarf right now. Im trying to find a centaur to impregnate to create a gw bull centaur like offspring that I could play in future campaigns but I'm afraid if i ever start wooing a centaur the DM and other players will think my motivations are magical realm and not a love for chaos dwarf aesthetics

The deity made them.
Though if you post this to Incase, we get get a bestiality foursome with a teleporting dog knotting 4 halfling girls at once as it teleports in fluxuation with each girl's vagina.

DO IT.

>human flexibility and stature combined with dwarven strength and endurance.
>completely hairless except the head
>Athasian dwarves were usually depicted as being completely bald as well, with Klingon-style forehead ridges to boot, so that's not quite so weird.

So what about a hairy dwarf/elf hybrid?

>mfw am blind.
any art of this?

>Unusual Hybrids in D&D
The Elder Brain has access to the polymorph spell.
Aboleth + Illithid cerebromorphis
Aboleth Savant + Illithid cerebromorphis
Aboleth + Grafting the fucking Elder Brain to one as a brain transplant
The Elder Brain polymorphs into an Illithid Tadpole and is cerebromorphed into an Aboleth of suitable size.

And lastly we literally have a Red- vampire, fiendish, Archdragon, Draconic Ascendant.
Red Dragons get to stack this many fucking templates in 3.5, and all of them actually play into one another- the Vampirism sets the Red Dragon to CE, the Disciple of Ashradalon PrC makes the Dragon a fucking Demon, Archdragon comes to a Dragon of exemplary age, and Draconic ascendant is a PrC for Dragons that exemplify their alignment- and oh wait, Vampire and demon, he literally cannot be anything but Chaotic Evil- it's literally enforced by it's very being- so now it's a fucking god, and essentially qualifies for the Demigod Epic Destiny shown in the ending era of 3.5's transition to 4e as a PrC in the Dragon Magazine.

The sheer fuckery of this things offspring is phenominal- in addition to being any of the humanoid dragon offspring races, it can either be a Dhampire, Katane, or a regular with vampire bloodline class levels, and have access to ANY of any sort of given fiendish offspring- the monster that such a dragon is would confer it Demon Lord Status effortlessly- so the like of fiendish offspring, Alu-fiends, Cambions, Tieflings, the works, anything goes with such a brood-

And then there's the fact that at Draconic ascendant- it's kids could technically be template stacked infernals, or worse.
Then this fucker just reincarnates as an Epic Dragon- which is at base power, even more strong- and just get's all the above again.

Anyhow, other ideas for dragons include a deadly Vietnameze Napalm dragon with Viet kong Kobolds.

So what's its LA?

None whatsoever. There is lore of dwarf-elf crossbreeds in Forgotten Realms lore, but it's buried deep and we know absolutely nothing about them.

In a campaign I'm currently running, I have a dwarf/goblin halfbreed named Lost. She's a storm cleric. Should be good fun.

My campaign has a setting where racial boundaries are less divided due to the world suffering from a great calamity that obliterated large swaths of the population 500 years ago. So there's slightly more harmony among the sentients.

Pretty fucking high- as a vampire, it's got an extra set of age categories to work through to age 1000, which are updated for 3.5 in S&S's Ravenloft- (Not entirely, use of those books requires a lot of cross referencing with the 2e material) and then it's own base draconic age categories- It then consolidates such power as a Demon, which are around 30+ to 40 CR (Demons aren't allowed to exceed Demogorgons CR per Demonomicon of iggwilv, but this is an exception in theory) but if it does get a layer of the abyss and becomes a Demon Lord- to note, there is a free layer canonically in 3.5 up for grabs that not only makes any given PC a pseudo-demon lord, but GRANTS THEM THE POWER TO FOOL AND IGNORE THE ALIGNMENT SYSTEM AND CAST ALL ALIGNED SPELLS WITHOUT PENALY REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT.

The only canonized way of Demonlordhood that isn't going to take GM wavering is aquring the Wand of Orcus which turns you into one over several weeks, per Throne of Bloodstone- but for hopes sake- lets say it doesn't become a Demon Lord but remains essentially uncontested as a force of CE- which justifies Arcdragonhood, because shocker, Archdragons represent their alignment- so this thing is now CE three times over, in two base alignments and even subtype, and is an extraplanar Outsider. Then lastly, it becomes a Dragon Ascendant- and is now literally a god- except not, but might as well be, due to like- wait- let me tally here-

Becomes Undead (Vampirism)
Becomes a Demon (Aquires fiendish template)
Becomes a Undead double Demon exemplar of his species
Becomes a Double Undead Demon DOUBLE exmplar Quasi-deity of his species
Seeks out legitimate godhood
Cannot Falter- is literally programmed to be CE
May be actually Elder Evil at this point, CEing too hard breaks the alignment system by technicality.

Reincarnates to become an Epic Dragon
Does the whole thing over again- but now has stats of such high quality, it may effectively be Immortals handbook tier-

Additionally- this is all sequenced- provided that the age category cheat does not just work for draconic vampirism, but for the dragon itself- which I'd have to refer to examples of elven vampires to see if they have age category benefits counted for their elf years- or if it starts record at that start of the actual vampirism itself-

If so, then the Dragon would progress in it's racial abilities and draconic simultaneously- the only issue being the pitfalls of Vampiric progression giving salient weaknesses- or detrimental worsenings of feeding habits.

Anyhow they'd be rare- Vampiric aging peaks at 1000, where they get to be sunlight immune (Barring Orcus supplied vampire lord hood) and get a second Polymorph form not tied to CR or any limitation- (Which, creatively given, means a vampire can turn itself into a Demon Lord, Elder Evil, or Great Old one, thanks Van Richten!) and this is the age a Dragon becomes a Wyrm-

So the only thing to make this common is if they can cheat age categories- something which IS canon, though was only performed once with intent in Ravenloft.

Because if it can cheat- then it's a a Wyrm and a Patriach Vampire in less than a few days of getting slapped with aging magical effects or wish abuse.

Anyhow, checking the Draconomicon- a base Adult Red Dragon Vampire is LA+5 and also has a unique charm voice ability that is basically what normal high-age category vampires get, just without the awareness feature or it being 60ft.

I want to play a Centaur and impregnate a human woman with my huge horse cock.

So, anybody have any comments on the statblocks I've done? I figure that they must all be super-overpowered, but I just don't know how to tone them down.

drawfags, why hast thou forsaken us?

Anyhow-
Red Dragon, Wyrm-
Size Category G
HD 37d12+370 (610)
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA 41 10 31 24 25 24
Base Attack/ Grapple +37/+64
Attack +48 Fort Ref Will +30 +20 +27
Breath Weapon (DC) 22d10 (38) Frightful Presence DC35
Speed 40 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy)
Initiative +0
AC 42 (–4 size, +36 natural) touch 6, flat-footed 42
Red Dragon Abilities by Age
Special Abilities DR 20/magic and any abilities gained in prior draconic yearrs
Caster level- 17th
SR 30
advancement wyrm 38–39 HD;
Now, with vampirism-
realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/vampiredragon.shtml
After that at BASE alone- the Dragons attributes are
Str +4, Dex +6, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4
So
45, 16, 0, 26, 27, 28
Undeath means no CON, but this will be recovered at Demonhood.
CR alive was 24, is now 26,
AC+2 AC44

Now for the vampire age categories-
Patriarch +12 +10 +8 +8 +10
So now
STR 57, DEX 26, CON 0, INT 34, WIS 36, CHA 38
They get +30 to speed, Dmg reduction 30/+3 to what they already had, the fast healing is jacked up to 10 +8 turn resistance, AC+8 and CR+5
AC is now 52 CR is 31, is now rated as a Dragon magazine demon lord- in addition to featuring salient abilities, assured Lord of the Land Status, and benefits from their vampiric porgression mentioned better in Van Richten's guide, 3.5's Ravenloft players handbook and Van richten's arsenal.
So, now we look at disciple of Ashradalon- where our dear Dragon ritually scars his heart in a similar method the legendary wyrm did when he surgically removed his heart to replace it with Demogorgons right hand man, before blowing up and becoming a Vestige.

Iron will and a quicken-spell-like ability is required as well as point in knowledge religion and planes, but base age provides enough points in that area- the quicken part is probably covered via salient abilities, from vampirsm. Also, Dragon needs Sorceror class levels to benefit at lvl1 of the PrC- also, heart ritual scarring may require a libris mortis feat to endure-

As -1 CON as an Undead probably means death- something one migitates through other means. Undeath already makes Cold and electricity do fuck all but another helping of 20 to resisting it, and also Acid help, having the fire subtype also make fire res pointless, but I guess there's a spell out there that might avoid such limitations.
You get Batshit insane Spelllike abilities cast by CHA mod, which the vampirism and your age cats already ensure almost 100% success with them , Dragon get's shitloads more skill points due to becoming an outsider from it's HD as a dragon, so as a Wyrm, things are looking up, By 12th level, a dis-
ciple of Ashardalon has the ability score adjustments of the
half-fiend template. Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2. also gets to be immune to posion, was already as undead- but you know, more the merrier.

Is now a Half-fiend ex-vampire patriach Dragon Wyrm with a few more powers than the normal Half-fiend template provides, minor benefit to sorcery, sporting the attributes of-
STR 61, DEX 30, CON33 INT 38, WIS 36, CHA 40
Con gives us back the fortitude stuff- Whilst most vampire abilities would technically be lost due to transition, these in most cases refer to BASE vampire abilities- salients, and abilities improved through feats or age category replacements stay, so the Dragon is essentially a vampire
Archdragon hood provides abilities linked to alignment improves flight speed to average, as well as abilities for us being Chaotic, and Evil and a cohort.

Lastly a Dragon ascendant is basically the same thing, except it turns one into a Quasi-deity, and I must retract my statement on Disciple of Ashradalon giving Chaos and Evil Subtypes Both the base alignment, vampirism and half-fiend templates gained are alignment alone. Also, to become an ascendant, the Dragon has to eat their current hoard- which as a vampire, means the Dragon can technically sleep anywhere post this process, they become one with their cursed place of rest

Also, the feats granted by vampirism actually make up some of the requirements for this PrC- how lucky! frightful presence is replaced via awesome aura,surrounds the dragon at any radius it chooses up to the extent of its frightful presence (30 feet ×the dragon’s agecategory), and is always active unless the dragon chooses to deactivate it. The dragon can choose to exclude its own allies from the effect of its aura. Creatures within the aura must make a Will save (DC equal to the dragon’s frightful presence DC plus 1/2 its dragon ascendant levels). Creatures that fail their saving throws are shaken, while those that succeed are immune to the effect of that dragon’s aura for 24
hours. If the dragon attacks or charges, shaken creatures must attempt a second Will save (same DC) or become frightened. The Dragon also gets at 8th level, the amount of the dragon’s
damage reduction (the number before the slash) is increased by 5. For example, an ancient black dragon/8th-level dragon ascendant has damage reduction 20/epic. Increased Damage Reduction (Su): At 4th level, a dragon ascendant’s damage reduction can be overcome only by epic weapons. At 8th level, the amount of the dragon’s damage reduction (the number before the slash) is increased by 5. For example, an ancient black dragon/8th-level dragon ascendant has damage reduction 20/epic.

The rest of the progression is basically getting deity qualities and the alignment code of conduct-
Looks like you DON'T get the subtype desired, but that is solved via paying for ritualism to add them in.

wew, I want to see this made into a hilarious ThatGuy greentext story now.

They look pretty good flavorwise. I'm not up to nitpicking balance issues atm, guess it depends on the edition.
It does seem kinda odd that the Wild Dwelf is the only one without a cantrip while the Dark Dwelf gets three. But I guess that's countered by fact that they can only use them at night, indoors, behind a building or in a forest unless they have an umbrella or sombrero.

It's all 5th edition stuff. As for the Wild Dwelf vs. Dark Dwelf, it's mostly because Wild Elves get no inherent cantrips and both Duergar and Drow get a Cantrip/1st level spell/2nd level spell.

>Gnome
>UMBER HULK.

>elf/bugbear

>playing civquest
>be diplomancer elves
>free some goblins from slavery of BBEG
>they refugees until they can reclaim their homeland
>they are very happy to be treated nice for a change
>elves are mildly annoyed that they stay up late and eat too much, but they otherwise assimilate and earn their keep.
>QM mentions that time with the elves may have a lingering positive effect on goblin culture.
>feelsgood, converting potential enemies into friends.
>borosrecruit.mtg
>a few years pass, still trying to drive baddie out
>QM casually mentions that I may end up with a bi-racial civ.
What am I in for gentlemen?

I never wanted to be eurocucked, I just wanted to be not evil.

You know what? I've tried my hand at converting the Bastards & Bloodlines stats before; anyone wants to convert them - or any other halfbreed/crossbreed idea - to 5e, speak up and I'll give it a shot.

Don't know, I usually avoid reading Bastards & Bloodlines.

The humanoid races in my RPG can all cross breed

Need more dwarf elves.

Well, if the races are not biologically compatible and the gobbos have actually changed for the better a bit then its not exactly like the euro situation.
I would suggest settlement laws dividing land to elves, gobbos, and shared. For example, residential district in a elven city is for elves only but the harber / trade with all the inns and warehouses are shared. This county is gobbo only but will allow traders and goverment officials in if they have their papers in order.
Its either a form of friendly but firm segregation (unlike here in america where politicians were to pussy to declare white / black only territory and forced every business / school to have twice the number of needed assets) or a caste system.

Well, here's my draft stats for such a race in D&D 5e, but I don't know how overpowered it is.

Dwarf, compatible with, Troll, Hobgoblin, kuo-toa, Roper, Gargoyle and fucking winter wolf.

Someone was smoking something when they wrote this.

No kidding. Biggest complaint with Bastards & Bloodlines is that they took a great idea and wasted it on the most batshit insane ideas for hybrids I've ever seen.

I thought orcs were corrupted elves/men and goblins were corrupted halflings?

This sounds oddly...fetishistic not that I mind.

Looks like somebody just wanted to play fantasy Nightcrawler.

According to DnD 5e, Orcs can fuck just about any non-animalistic humanoid race and the results are either (in terms of stats) an Orc or Half-Orc, just a funny-looking one, because "Orc" is a very loose race of strong but stupid humanoids that breed a lot. So yes, in 5e you CAN have your short, thicc, green waifu half-dwarf-half-orc, she just uses Half-Orc stats.

Orc + Elf = Goblin
Dwarf + Elf = Gnome
Orc + Dwarf = Hobgoblin

The system I'm working on is simple.

If you make a hybrid character(no more than 1 size category larger or smaller to a limit)

You simply choose the stat block from one race, and gain the abilities(traits) of the other, or vice versa. If breeding with a larger race you must take the lowest HP value.(never actually got that far yet.

Name : Human
Height : 1.5m
Hit Points : HP: 50
Magic Points : MP : 50
Speed : SP: 5
Carry Weight : CW: 20kg
Traits : TR:
Favor of the Gods | Once every 24 hours you can treat a D100 roll as 40.
Stubborn |Increase the death value of a human by 50%, humans normally die at -15HP

Orc 1.6m HP:50 MP:30 SP:5 CW:25kg
Ignore Pain | Once every 24 hours you can delay the damage of a hit against you until the end of your next turn, so long as that damage would not have brought you below 1 HP.
Berserk | While injured this creature gains +2 to speed

Elf 1.8m HP:40 MP:60 SP:6 CW:15kg
Agile | You gain +10 to all movement based skill rolls
Evasive | While injured this creature gains +10 to it's defense rating.

Dwarf 1.2m HP:60 MP:30 SP:4 CW:30kg
Sprint | This creature can sprint once per turn without gaining fatigue, however if they sprint a second time the fatigue gain is doubled(2 fatigue on the 2nd sprint in a turn)
Til Death | This creature only loses 2 actions per turn while dying and does not become helpless.

Every hybrid is sterile in all the games I played.

Lame

No, it's not. You just can't live out your fetish with the way things are set up.

Pregnancy? Because I don't have a pregnancy fetish. Being sterile is not the same thing as lacking a sex drive.

Besides which, every hybrid being sterile isn't very realistic, when there are entire hybrid species out there in the wild right now.

It makes no sense for fantasy races to be incompatible in my book, just look at star trek.

I assume he/they'd point to mules and ligers for why hybrids can't breed.

In my setting all orcs, elves, Goblins, gnomes and others are all just different "ethnicities" of the same race.

They used to live completely isolated from each other but after big bad war they were forced to refuge their asses into big human kingdoms where due to small numbers they naturally started to breed with each other.
100 years later you can find many drow-trolls, goblin-elves and gnome-orcs walking around the streets as well as even more exotic individuals.

mechanics wise, they all are one race - Sylvs, the player gets to design their look - any size and shape, any kind of eyes, nose, teeth and ears, any skin color (except for human ones), optional horns, no overtly animal features.
Then they choose either one Stat for a huge bonus or two stats for a still pretty big ones.
Then with the DM they figure out some kind of spell or ability that they can use at will, but with certain conditions. (Can turn invisible if in shadow, Can breath fire if drank alcohol, Gains extra armor and speed if wet etc.) Those are needed because they can't use magic the way humans do, and instead are magical themself.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but, what fantasy race would best represent asians? Kenku/kitsune?

Elves.

Eh, that's the boring way to do it. I'd rather try and add mechanically unique subraces or races. Plus, they may be third-party, but the Dworg and the Tel-amhothlans were real races. As were the Dwarrow (dwarf/gnome) and Elfling (elf/halfling) and a lot of other races.

What is the unequivocal sexiest race? I present mind flayers for consideration.

So, yeah, I don't know if anyone's interested, but if you want to see D&D 5e stats for a given hybrid race, I'm game to give it a shot. I'll even try converting from Bastards & Bloodlines, if you want, but right now, I'm offering for half-gnomes, half-goblinoids, half-gnolls, whatever.

So I'll point to beefalo; savannah cats; any one of a number of crossbreeds between coyotes, jackals, dogs, dingoes, and wolves; wholpins and clymene dolphins; and killer bees as examples of hybrids that can breed.

Literally only in LotR

Blue board, my dude.

Elves

Going to bump this one last time, but I gotta vamoose soon, so I figure this thread's going to die.

I'd say Gnomes, Elves are either Slavic or Irish in my book.

The thing is that even if you put in the work, I don't see myself using those races since every edition of D&D already has more than enough races to boot.

Instead, what I would like would be some kind of generalised ruleset for mixed race characters - i.e. something akin to "Choose the dominant stat modifier of one race and the auxiliary of the other" type stuff.
Also a grouping of races that can interbreed to avoid too many options and keep the ridiculous ones out of the game by default. This is above the fact that "created" races such as Yuan-Ti, Illithids and some others shouldn't be able to interbreed with other species at all due to lack of such parts.

>friendly but firm segregation (unlike here in America.)
>friendly segregation (unlike America.)
>friendly segregation
Nigga what?
You're literally describing Reservations, which
1. Happened in America
2. Did not fucking Work well at all.

Orcs.

...Why would you ever give up what is ultimately yours to guests? If you fell on hard times and your DM let you crash in his spare bedroom, do you think that after a while he should simply give the space to you? No. The moment you misconstrue the fact that your land is somehow also their land, things are going to get fucked up real fast. Especially if you take into account typical goblin birthrates leading to a majority with an identity rooted in Elvish welfare. Imagine again, those little green ankle slashers become a super majority in your own country. How long until they feel that they do not have adequate representation? How long until they feel that they can do things better than you, whether or not that's true? How long until the Great Goblin Uprising spreads through your lands and they bite the hand that feeds? It might not even be goblins that light that fire. How about disillusioned elves sick and tired of the war and looking for a regime change? A few whispered words to plant an idea and simply sit back and watch it spread. You don't want that situation. No one wants that situation. Set up temporary warrens. Make it clear that those that will not fight to retake their homeland or avenge themselves are second hand, even among the refugees. There's plenty of ways to do this, use your imagination. Make the goblins take part in the fight and then move them, forcefully if you must, to sections your coalition forces have reclaimed along with the support that they will naturally require for the time being. Of course some of them may be unhappy, but they'll die out eventually and the next generation won't know any better, ultimately solving a problem they've likely already forgotten they had. And for the love of all that is good, don't try to fucking screw them and take all the natural resources of any value in the process of wrecking the villains shit, thereby crippling and dooming the budding nation that you're trying to prop up.

Ignore these dudes follow my program.
1. Offer them integration classes to speed up their assimilation, use this to indoctrinate them to the idea that the elves are suffering and need their help and support.

2. Have them elect representatives to be a go between for you and them it's easier to argue with one man than a mob.

3. Set up laws and Charge taxes that both you and the representatives can agree on, start taxes low and match it to their economic prosperity; but make the representatives income a percentage of the taxes collected to entice them to enforce it.

4. Create a Massive labor organization that hires them to work on massive infrastructure projects around the kingdom, new roads, dams, aqueducts, you name it, pay for this with your newly bolstered tax income.

5. Have them elect a police force comprised of members of their own race to enforce the law and collect taxes from among them, have the police paid a percentage of the collected taxes as well.

6. Offer them incentives for military service, having only two children, and getting a higher education, in the form of lower taxes.

7. Offer those who join your military citizenship and elevated status.

8. Help them reclaim their ancestral land and "charitably" help them rebuild using your new government labor force, charge them for the projects in but offer generous payment plans to gather income from their newly improved nation for generations.

9. Form a french foreign legion like organization and make it clear that those who don't want to immigrate back to their lands must join to gain citizenship.

Do this and in 8 steps you'll have made them proud, sympathetic friends of the elves who owe you (literally and metaphorically) for helping them reclaim and rebuild their ancestral lands and then have an entire nation of Elf indoctrinated fodder willing to die for the elves who uplifted them from darkness, and a significantly bolstered personal army.

Evil isn't it.

I'd read that doujin.

Giant + halfling = firbolg ?

Epiphantic folds look so elvish