Acceptability of Attractive Humanoids?

We've all seen them popping up in the race threads. The orc women that look like tusked green amazons, the lusty shortstack goblins, the kobolds who share their draconic relatives' penchant for xenophilia. But, have you ever seen things like this in real games? Would it be a dealbreaker that, in a setting like Eberron where orcs are not universally evil and often interact peacefully with humans, the womenfolk look like pic related?

Pic related to your subject.

she's got a pushup bra so someones gonna jerk it but i do find her face to be attractive even if its a bit alien looking 8/10 would hold hands

in my original, donut steel setting, the attractiveness of both male and females of dwarves, elves, orcs, and feral are deliberate.

The gods are exiles from their native dimensions and came upon humanity during one of their golden ages, the human emperors welcomed the Gods (mistaking the Gods as the legendary descendants of the First Civilization. They might not actually be mistaken) and so in thanks, the gods made their servant races in the image of their generous hosts and made it possible to interbreed, and all later races to be similarly acceptably attractive.

For a given definition since elves have equal-length arm and leg ratios, long, four-fingered hands (the elven goddesses claimed fingers were hard to make and pinkies didn't seem useful), antlers, and they retained their elk-like ears.

Meanwhile dwarves used to be crustacean/cepholapods made of rocks, lava, gemstones, and metals and now look like a short hybrid of klingons and krogan (mostly in the whole rigid forehead/brow plate) and have an addition thumb on the opposite sides of their hands and square ears.

Serious question, why would there ever be a problem with this? Female orcs having tiddies not realistic enough for your game about people who live for thousands of years and throw fireballs?

I personally assume that orc appearance runs the gamut from beautiful (or hansom) to ugly with more or less the same rate as human appearance, and that this applies to all race and animals.

Beauty is, at a fundamental level, a way for a creature to show off its desirability as a mate. More beautiful things fuck or get fucked more often, creating more kids. This would apply just as much to orcs as to any other race.

Now orcs would probably have some specific beauty standards that they find attractive in their culture that other don't necessarily. For a real-world example of this, consider the Chinese footbinding practice, or how some African tribes go in for those weird gauged lips. For orcs it might be something like ritual tattoos or scarring, big tusks, or the like.

However, on a fundamental level it's likely that orcs are still going to find things like unblemished and healthy skin (in the sense of not having rashes or disease), pearly white teeth, basically symmetrical appearance, full hair, and so on attractive and seek it out in mates - because those traits are basically universally sought out as desirable among all mammal species when looking for their mates.

Now add the fact that orcs are basically human in appearance, and of course the result is that anything an orc thinks is attractive, a human will also think is attractive.

Not so much a "problem" as "do people really ever allow for sexy orcs/dwarves/kobolds/whatever in their games"?

I mean, everybody knows Veeky Forums isn't really what gaming is like. But, still, are there people out there who would actually be okay with something like pic related being standard for the female dwarves? Or would people genuinely flip at the idea that dwarf women look like... well, shortstacks, for lack of a better word?

>"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

I've never once met an advocate for attractive humanoids who wasn't a balding, whining coward.

I can hardly blame them. They're the products of anti-bullying programs, SSRI dependancy, low-fibre food, and generation after poison generation of dysgenics. They can't grasp the exultant joy of being utterly in sync with your body. No wonder so many are autogynephiles and transsexual, or why they prefer "monster girls" and other fictional "waifus" to warm, yielding flesh and blood. They hunch over ultraviolet screens in their darkened rooms, dreaming of an easy, orc waifu, as if they could just cast off their physicality. Cowardice. Cowardice mixed with nerd elitism, mixed with delusions of grandeur.

A man works. A man struggles and strains and grows calluses on his hands. Scars and muscle and lessons learned through pain and sacrifice. He knows his body. He understands that his body is the essential component of his identity, and comprehends the truth that we are physical beings in a physical world.

Honestly I'd prefer a bit of a mix. I definitely think we don't get enough unattractive ladies in games, tabletop or otherwise, but making all of them completely different than humans can wind up being a trap as well. Elf ladies can still look pretty and orc chicks can be ugly as sin, have a balance.

I get it, people want to have fapbait. But the part of me that likes to get into the nitty gritty of a setting can't abide by it because unless you come up with either a flippant or convoluted reasoning, it makes no sense. Like, why would a blatantly non-human race have females that are attractive to a race entirely outside the one they belong to when the males are repulsive to humans? And for their females to be receptive to the advances of said humans as well? You might as well write them as the cuckold race.

Post a picture of yourself

But most humanoid races are only barely different than humans, to the point that some fantasy series get away with not saying they're different races at all. Hell, orcs are some of the farthest out there and they're just beefy with bad dental and a skin condition. Why wouldn't they be pretty as often as ugly for both men and women?

It's not like we're talking Illithids or Aboleths here. Dwarves and halflings and half-orcs are just people with an archetype invoked.

>implying treants and dryads are the same species

never fails to trigger me

You know that Warhammer did it, right?

Outside of tg out would care about dwarfs being hot.

That is what pure performance looks like

I've seen on multiple occasions the reason why you never see female goblins is because they're sheltered far away from tribal encampments, due to being both fairer as well as smarter (but no less cunning and manipulative) and having a retuine of white-knight gobos at their disposal to tell their unlucky kinsmen to bugger off and search for resources. The goblins adventuerers encounter are themselves goblin adventurers on a quest to woo a matriarch enough to be accepted into her social group.

Why do you keep making these shite threads?

Yeah, sure. Attractive demi-humans and humanoids occur about as frequently as attractive humans. That is to say, most are average looking, some better and some worse, and a few are really ugly or really pretty.

I just don't base it on Charisma, because Charisma isn't a physical stat. I'm more inclined to roll up an NPC's outstanding traits on a table, and if "ugly" or "attractive" comes up, the character has that characteristic in addition to whatever other quirks.

>Would it be a dealbreaker that, in a setting like Eberron where orcs are not universally evil and often interact peacefully with humans, the womenfolk look like pic related?
In one of Bassingthwaite novels, a hobgoblin
argues that humanity will never be able to part with fear of goblinoids - simply because the latter have darkvision whereas humans don't. He calls it an engrained, primal fear or something like that, can't clearly recall. So... if we're talking about this setting, I wouldn't play in a fapbait party.

>Why do you keep making these shite threads?
Substitute for genuine human interaction.

Because I keep hoping Veeky Forums will provide some work -safe cheesecake for non-human women. Plus, the various (race)-threads tend to have lots of cheesecake anyway, so I figured "let's skip the middleman and just make a xenophiliac cheesecake thread already!"

Unfortunately I saw a worksafe cheesecake thread get deleted before I could make the first reply on Friday. Such merriment is verboten.