Yu-gi-oh thread

I'd never though I'd see the day.

Where Monster Reborn was free to play.

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_S8NjPEXk
discord.gg/q4ywsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It'll last until there's a faction-specific monster-reborn, then it'll be banned

What the fuck is the thing in Monster Reborn's art anyway? I always thought it was like a weird fan or something.

A winged crystal medallion with an afro

sorry mtg cuck, Yu-gi-oh actually has games.

Don't you have pedophile judges to get fucked by?

Is monster reborn finally allowed?

Yes but limited to 1

Incredible. I never thought it would happen.

I wonder if Pot of Greed is next.

what's pot of greed

You should apply that comment to yourself
:^)

Maybe if it's limited.

It lets you draw 2 cards.

I don't understand

Never happening. It's still a blank +1

You extend your arm out to your deck, and grasp the first two cards from the top of your deck and add them to your "hand" (the pool of cards for your immediate use), then you take the pot of greed spell card and add it to your graveyard (the pool of cards temporarily removed from play until further notice). Some people think that it is too good of a card and many used to rank it as the most overpowered and unfair card, so much so that they banned it entirely.

I really don't know what happened to mtg
It went from uncontested king to people bailing left-and-right
Well, I still like the Myr, so there's that

I'm a massive scrub at card games and even I know something that lets you draw two cards for free is stupidly broken no matter what circumstance. I don't get why every single card game has one of these in their first few years.

I don't think I've ever seen anything more busted than Professor Oak though.

What does it do?

>I wonder if Pot of Greed is next.
NEVER EVER

discard your hand, draw 7 cards

I liked yugioh more as the cardgame.
How many cards were in your hand usually.

>yfw you lived long enough to see Raigeki, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, and Monster Reborn return

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_S8NjPEXk

But what does it do?

What is the precise function of the Yu-Gi-Oh card
>Pot of Greed
?

Reborn has been at 1 for a majority of the TCGs lifetime and almost all of the OCGs lifetime, it hasnt been banworthy for a long time.

In japan it's a simple Ankth but this was censored because of concerns that Americans would see it as occult or something.
So basically they drew some sort of crystal pendant over it.

Honestly I'm so glad I don't play YuGAYhomo anymore. Community was by far the worst which was filled with niggers and spiks if not collectively highschoolers trying to act like they know shit while playing a card game made for literal children. Obligatory "I switched to MTG and it's better" because it is in every way, shape and form. Best part is that I don't get cucked by Konami turning $80 cards into value Wal-mart tin promos two weeks after release. It's truly amazing to see how autistic the playerbase is when Konami is trying to kill off their own game yet all these underage niggerspiks keep slurping up the anal drippings that is the defecated remains of what is yugioh. People here want to act like they know shit but all they're doing is memeing on oldschool cards while pretending to know the current game all for the sake of carrying on /v/'s legacy of being "LE EDGY CONTRADICTORY MAN". So take a good long moment to pay your respects to this dead game and recognize that MTG is superior in every way.

that's nice, but what does it do?

It's this guy's business card

>install YGO TDOANE
>make a deck, duel monsters/gx era
>get matched with xyz/pendelum shitheads
>dude spawns 3 3000atk monsters on first turn
>get like 6 of these cunts in a row
>uninstall

like what the fuck are these new cards?

Pokemon art was so terrible. They didn't even cut out under his arm.

Don't blame other people for you not reading up on mechanics that have been around for years now

hey fuck you xyz is good

You have no one but yourself to blame for that. And it's not like Xyz is a new summoning method to begin with.

is this a fresh pasta?

who cares about reborn the ultimate cockblock is back baby

How many copies though?

1, more than enough to kill anything that moves

>1 Judgment
>1 Warning
>3 Strike
>3 Bottomless
>3 Torrential
This is gonna be a interesting format

>Monster Reborn is a non-searchable revival cards in a game where every archetype are getting searchable revival cards
>running Bottomless when it doesn't even stop the combo starters that you actually want to stop
>running Counter Traps that aren't Counter Fairies
>running Traps that you can't immediately activate from your hand
>running traps that don't help you to establish an unbreakable board turn 1 by going through a convoluted combo

They're shit
SHIT!!!
Now buy Ash Blossoms, you goyim

>maxx c forbidden

nah just waiting for all the hand traps to get fucked

Looks like Monster reborn needs it's own archtype much like Mirror Force needs its own archtype.

You do realize you can change the rulesets to specific times of card releases, right? Jeez what a fucking terrible post.

Imagine if you could normal/tribute twice a turn, and special summon once a turn.

Does someone have this card where the title or the card text just says No ?

So is Preparation of Rites

It's amazing how posts like these work every single time. You'd think people would be wise to this kind of stuff by now.

That's really dumb. I just want you to know that.
>Makes every extra deck mechanic easier
>T0 Monarchs/Master Peace
>Two opportunities to trigger effects off normal summoning
>"But muh extra deck spam

Restrict was banned? Why?

I've only played mtg, but the small amounts of ygo I've seen make it seem like you just tutor for a combo and go off before your opponent does
am I wrong?

Look at restrict's effect and tell me it wasn't the devil for a large chunk of the game's lifetime.

Oh great, now we're on Veeky Forums.

>Moved to Veeky Forums
Did the mod know that the mod who frequents Veeky Forums doesn't think yugioh belongs on Veeky Forums?

The Extra Deck was a mistake

Explain because I think it was one of the better decisions the game made

>t. Frog Monarch player

There's no inherently economy in being able to summon Timmies on a dime provided you have a 9/10 likelihood chain manifesting. Could say the same for Effect Monsters with an abundancy or regulations and rules text that could either be summarized with action words or simply made without so many effects.

Cuck we may be, but can your shitty pachinko tickets of cards hold up on the market? Jw

I don't know how many times people have to explain this, but there are way too many variations of seemingly similar effects for keywords to be a thing now.
Also, allowing players to play cards from a side deck after fulfilling various conditions is a good mechanic. You're no longer bound to praying on a draw into your powerhouse

MTG cards are overpriced and the economy for them is bloated and will eventually collapse within the next two years as standard rotation shifts again and resellers stop buying into new sets that bring no new money-makers.

EX: RoI, IXA, HoD, AtF, and EdM all are dud sets, Amonkhet was an outlier as it did indeed produce now staple standard cards. Pull from TOmorrow, New Perspectives, and As Foretold will be modern cards soon enough. Carnage Tyrant is a bubble.

A). Those effects themselves can be simplified entirely. How many archetype "SS X archetype then shuffle" mechanics are there now? You can literally make a keyword called "Beckon for Help" that lets you select a creature of the same archetype from your deck and utilize it with no issue. A better question here should be: Why are there such long, crude effects now? Magic chugs along just fine keeping it simple. Last I checked Yugioh has been reduced to basement husbandry.

A Side deck with boss monsters is fine, but the requirements are far too easy. SSing two level two shitters with multiplicative effects to bring out Timmy #279 on turn 1 is annoying to most all casual players and possible new players. Power creep is real and denying its existence is futile.

I believe a productive approach is redoing what constitutes a "Special Summon" and what constitutes a "Chain/Effect Summon", limiting the latter to avoid exuberant amounts of plays which can become confusing and redundant for staying power. Either than, or limit actions per turn to a set amount rather than use mana.

And to be perfectly honest, I would be completely fine with the game being a summoning shitfest if the setting and art of the cards were actually good. We're on Cyberpunk Anime #3 now, right? What was wrong with Pre-5D's where there were multiple eras to draw inspiration from? Yes, it was originally Ancient Egypt but you had Medieval Europe, Postmodern, Interwar, and many other settings to play with.

Ritual Cards not going in the extra deck was a mistake

I guess I'll have to reply to this in chunks.

A).SS X archetype or add it to the hand can be made into a keyword, but then there's barely a difference in "When this card is normal summoned, (keyword for X archetype) and "When this card is normal summoned, add one "archetype" card yo your hand"
To truly crunch it down you need to make keywords for different variations of adding/SS the card.
Then removal has to account for targeting, not targeting or simply sending something to the graveyard.

B).I will openly admit power creep is real in the game. Also, while XYZ monsters like in your example are ridiculous, they aren't really complex or annoying.
It's more an issue of the average card game player refusing to explain actions and playing silently. That shit is annoying and really alienates people.

C). Part of this is also an issue with the silent play. Frankly blank general limits disregard several elements and lead to more homogeneity. You have way more room to do things as they are now.

The setting of the anime really has no bearing on the cards outside of the main character's archetype and even then that's only for 5Ds and Vrains.
The current lore in the card game is revolving around a group of RPG heroes going on a quest for ancient weapons that are owned by other archetypes.
It's an alright story arc.

We're generally old enough to not be threatened be pedophiles, kiddo.

>SSing two level two shitters with multiplicative effects to bring out Timmy #279 on turn 1 is annoying to most all casual players and possible new players. Power creep is real and denying its existence is futile.

remember turn 1 heavy storm/feather duster -> blockhole/ raigeki -> cyberstein -> Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon -> Megamorph?
Because I sure do
Hell, I think that'd still hold up today if the cards weren't banned.

"Hey, at least he's not diddling me" isn't the most popular stance I've seen vis-a-vis pedos

Nigger I could summon a 16000 monster back in gx days
I'm still playing cyber dragons

I'm not a popular guy.

You start by drawing 7 but there's no limit on size. The problem comes from playing oak, playing useful stuff in hand and playing another oak. you can draw like half your deck in like one turn which is busted even by pokemon card drawing standards.

Is there a pokemon card-game video game?
I mostly like yugioh via vidya so I avoid the dent in my wallet (and cpu is generally faster than a person)

Extra deck was good with synchros.

XYZs were a mistake.

Im sorty, what the fuck? If theres no bad gameplay inherent, who are you to determine that making easy to summon extra deck monaters is somehow bad for new and casual players? I cant think of any gameplay reason thials would be bad other than maybe overwhelming them with choices which can slow down the game? And thats not even in the ballpark of things you were talking about. This post really pissed me off because its clearly some sort of attempt at being an arm chair game designer without having any fucking clue what would actually impact "casual and possibly new players" and how.

Funny way of saying Links

Veeky Forums alternate art.

Xyz were the best extra deck mechanic though. Like, objectively.

Of course, that wasn't fun either. I think GX hit a sweet spot for a while, 2005 was great.

A) AGreed for the most part, I just believe no one wants to read and decipher a paragraph as they play, nor is it necessary or interesting anymore.

B) Splashing Xyz and Pendulum summoning was annoying as hell. Synchros were great and require a card economy to summon, as did Ritual monsters and Fusions. I don't know about Link Monsters, my current dry spell from the game started after Raging Tempest.

Silent players plague every game. The best thing you can do is call them out on it or grab a judge. If it's casual, you can always just tell them to fuck off. In reality, if we had less effects and more streamlined rules this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

C) Imagine if archetypes were more modular with one another rather than piggybacking off of each other in every instance to summon boss monsters. Yugioh is a game where all you do is summon Timmies, where is a Johnny player like me to find enjoyment save for a few engines that become outperformed easily? Not to mention: Absolutely no one wants to have every turn be a summon swarm. Its definitely cool sometimes to pull out your TImmy in a few moves in one turn, but every goddamn turn? Ridiculous.

Look at the current cards being put out in the MAIN sets. There's that Pegasus duelist pack coming out, why didn't they base a main set around it instead?

Like I said though, Links could have changed all of this. I;m speaking from early 2017 here, correct me if I'm wrong.

Strong generic xyzs were a mistake. But still nothing compared to what came after.

Johnnies naturally get fewer cards than the other psychographics. Also most decks are engines, not linear play everything my name and only my name decks. In fact you can usually make a good deck for most themes by finding exactly how LITTLE of the theme you can play and fill the rest with other engines or good stuff.

Feels weird seeing my garbage being posted. I fixed that one up since all the white space was bugging me.

The online tcg has cpu opponents. Though they're not very good.

>TDOANE
>not Percy
You deserve everything that happened to you

discord.gg/q4ywsc

If there were no banlist, what would the top meta deck be?

some FTK shit

Exodia Dark World 100%. Broww is far too good with Graceful Charity.

Turbo Draw Exodia.

I already said that, you joker.

Any chance you'd make abyss megalo / burei?

frog ftk probably

>abyss megalo
I'm not him but I'll give it a shot. It'll be a meme, but I'm not getting paid.

>want to play a synchro-centric archetype
>crystrons are a synchro archetype that are relatively recent
>build a fully-loaded crystron deck

>build a deck out of scraps from the new link strike structure deck.
>the crystron deck is hopelessly outpaced every time

Is there a synchro archetype that works?

Crystron won't be good until we get Needlefiber.

>synchro-centric archetype
Scrap/Junk/Synchron?
I can't think of any other, really. Sure others have synchro bosses, but syncho-centric?
Well if you make a psychic deck you can get some mileage out of Esper Girl

It's not relevant, but you have HEROES and Shaddoll if you want to be Fusion-centric.
I can't recommend any ritual decks though. Djinn are great, but Ritual still has too many drawbacks

No, that's what it is now; YGO is fucking insane to me. It's like a single player game.