Post pics, stories, talk about and shitpost about:
>Dragons!
>Wyverns!
>Hydras!
>Basilisks!
>Drakes!
>Wyrms!
>Chinese Asian Dragons!

It's been a while since I've seen one of these threads... keep it clean, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

paperspencils.com/2017/07/23/your-dragons-suck/
youtube.com/watch?v=NcLQDHhP2aE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alright then, let's get this shit started. How big is too big?

Depends on the setting.

For a game I run, your average run of the mill dragon may grow as large as a small cottage or a barn, but usually no larger. Ancient beasts that might as well not even be dragons but rather abyssal creatures due to their size and distorted shapes grow larger than blue whales.

His face looks like pic related

Imagine a setting where dragons are the size of planets and we live on them.

That would be terrifying. Imagine what it would be like living on them whenever the giant dragon got sick, or if it even died or was in the middle of fighting another dragon.

Would you rather be a half-dragon or a dragon-centaur?

Both look gay as shit

Well then post a non "gay as shit" version then.

What do you guys think of Matt Colville trying to make new dragon types for DnD focused on lore, psionics, etc.

Okie dokie

That he's just doing the leg work and porting dragons from old editions, hell most if not all of that book is exactly that. Him porting old rules and monsters to 5e.

What's better than a dragon? A cat-sized dragon of course!
I love pseudodragons so much.

That's pretty rad

>Skulls
>Spikes
Okay edge-lord, you're right, that's not gay at all.

>why does it have war trophies ughhhh
>why cant it be like my bara fetishbait ughhh

>dragons with jet engines and cannons

I'm picturing a situation where all of these problems are solved using space fighters. Like Gradius but you have to protect the space monster instead of killing it.

>and no goddamn RTS elements

You called?

Cygnis reeks of coldsteel type self-insert. Pillowblaster has talent, but I'm not too fond of the guys general attitude

I don't disagree but it's still more fun than Divinity 2.

How about Drakan

Very underrated game.

bump

Isn't that basically Xenoblade?

I think the dragon would more likely be decapitated.

Why would the helicopter get so close without shooting/rocketing it?

Why stop at dragon centaur when you can have dragon-harpy-centaur

Top tier. I'm 100% inserting something like Order of the Flame in one of my campaigns.

In highschool i took a Supernatural Lit class and for one of our projects we had to write an essay and present a powerpoint on some kind of supernatural monster. I ended up doing mine on a local folklore monster (Melonheads), but my friend payed me to write his essay and do his powerpoint so i went all out on the whole thing and got to watch this chad give an in depth discussion on the origins of dragons from multiple cultures and the differences of Wyverns and Dragons.

So, India?

>If the dragon got sick.

Imagine having to fight "Parasites" or whatever a "bacteria" or "Virus" Equivalent at that size would be.
Actually, combat to save a dying planet-dragon/organism would make an amazing setting. Finding the root of the infection, fighting off "disease," etc.

what ever happened to red/silver user and dreamanon from the other month? i liked both of them.

I dunno, but the Tiamat guy got a bunch of art done that can't be posted here.

I too would like to know that

Where is this from?

Because the people who made the stupid "dragon vs apache" don't know shit about how helicopters work. In one of the scenarios it's 30mm chaingun rounds bounces of the dragon's scales.

And yeah, four ~250 lbs titanium/graphite blades at 670 fps would shrek it.

Pseudos would make wonderful familiars until they start stealing everything vaguely metallic and/or valuable. I like them too, my players though..hehe not at all. I sicced a pack on them at lvl 3 and it stuck with them for awhile due to bad rolls and excellent roleplay on all sides.

Ok, I have a few small parties joining up to slay a dragon. I have three, need two more.
Knights. Noble jocks, chasing a glory kill.
Wizard's henchmen. Professional veterans, charged with slaying the beast to protect the local populace.
Municipal representatives. Basically pest removers way, way in over their heads. Might have an ulterior motive in dragon's hoard or eggs.

A bunch of seemingly amateurish and poorly equipped looking mercenaries hired by an unknown party to slay the dragon.

They're secretly competent and hired by the dragon to infiltrate and sabotage for real dragon slayers.

That's really good. Thanks.

The last party could be after an object in the dragons lair rather than the dragon itself

>too big
No such thing. I've run an entire campaign where the majority of it tied into figuring out how to deal with an ancient sleeping dragon the size of a mountain range before people figured out how to wake it up.

shut up lofwyr, no one likes you, dragons suck and are lame, greedy megacorp aholes

Dreamanon here. Not sure about the Red and Silver guy though.
Are we doing storytime in the thread again?

Ridley.

What type of storytime?

John?

I'm playing as a racist Dragonborn who thinks dragons should be in charge by birth rite. DM is doing a monster hunter campaign with dumb dragons, despite dinosaurs being a thing that he could use.
what do I do, I've already established my character and I like the idea. Any ideas for roleplaying this? I'm already doing the conscious objector thing, but is there more I could be doing?

How much bird is too much for dragon?

How many dragons is too many dragons?

How does this blogpost make you feel?

paperspencils.com/2017/07/23/your-dragons-suck/

One dragon per place at most, if it's not a dragon society. That's how I do it.

Guncaster. It's a Doom mod that lets you play as a dragon.

Some anons would post stories they make, I'd post weird fuckin' dreams I'd have from time to time.

I agree that dragons as mighty as 3rd edition D&D would just go and rule the whole Material Plane. They are made to be so powerful, I think, because parties with lots of magic items, spells, etc. can be very powerful, and to be a challenge to such parties they cannot be simply winged lizards with a bad breath, they have to be genius-tier intelligent, and casters themselves, have immunities and so on. And by being so godlike they are also difficult to have as mounts or PCs. The OSR approach downsizes things a little bit, I don't mind a me St. George-like dragon. And it's not like the idea that killer whales that can walk and fly isn't scary enough.

Nope.

dragon fans should see this post, many good requests there:

▪ And I found a YouTuber who creates a dragon in Istaria
youtube.com/watch?v=NcLQDHhP2aE

I'm curious, what's a good system for dragonslaying. Something a little more in-depth and evolved beyond dropping it's hit points to zero.

>Payed

Smart choice to write his essay.

>no fetish shit or hammerspace autism
Wow, an actually decent thread!

Yet. Waiting for a decent idea to spring off of.
Dunno, maybe casual hammerspace dragon friend stuff, only tangentially vorish.

Still mad legacy captcha is unsupported now.

>chinese asian dragons

Son, are you on the drugs?

>Dunno, maybe casual hammerspace dragon friend stuff, only tangentially vorish.
literally how?
>Still mad legacy captcha is unsupported now.
I miss the OLD captcha, where one was a distorted gibberish and the other wasn't REALLY checked.

Well, if you leave aside the hammerspace part, they're still cute tiny dragons.
Alternatively, their infinite insides and tongues makes them viable sex partners and incredible at blowjobs. Tiny dragon fwb.

Still kind of hard to get away from the vore when that's basically their defining feature.
That's why I prefer sizeshifting. You can keep most of the scenarios but there are more directions you can take the story if it's an actual giant monster that just chooses to stay in miniature form.