Why are dwarves associated with technology?

Why are dwarves associated with technology?

Because they're the smiths and engineers in old legends.

The coin stuff doesn't even make sense.
Weight doesn't depend on how the coin is on the trigger

they were always considered great and cunning craftsmen. so were elves, mind you, but the dwarves association with mining probably pushed them toward being portrayed as more modern and industrial in contrast with the elves nature and magic schtick.

>that fag that reposts his threads when they've been answered

Because Tolkien did it and the majority of Veeky Forums and fantasy writers can’t think for themselves

The impact provided enough momentum to press the lever downward as the coin itself does not have the weight to push it, but with just a few newtons more pressure it breaks the threshold.

God, this movie was so bad.

this

How did these movies become so terribly bad?, the first one was alright, what the fuck happened?

Tolkien's dwarves weren't particularly technologically advanced. If anything, from Tolkien Orcs should be the industrious ones thanks to Saruman's influence.

I saw all the movies in theaters and I only remember two of these scenes. It was truly a forgettable series.

They're canonically the oldest race.

Almost worst than the Legolas Flying bit

you know, I think that might honestly be the single stupidest tactic i have ever seen.

'hey guys lets jump over our allies shield wall and into the oncoming enemy, thus wedging ourselves between the pikes and the oncoming mass.

if you are that eager to get into melee let the dwarf line absorb the charge and fix the enemy and then take them in the flank, elves presumably have the mobility for such a tactic.

There wasn't enough plot for three full-feature movies, so they stuffed it with battle scenes and special effects.
It's kinda like when you don't have enough meat for three sausages so you grind some offal into the mix and add a hefty dose of spice to cover the taste.

Pretty sure most of it was from the extended cut. Doesn't make it any less terrible, though.

>manlets
when will they learn?

too much flashy CGI in pointless fighting

I like to imagine the elves are such glory hogs that they are willing to kill hordes of their own troops to keep the dwarves from getting any kills.

> newtons
> pressure

Its obvious he meant force, its not like pressure is what sets off a trigger, its force.

Why not just use regular fucking shields?

Dwarves in mythology/Tolkien were expert craftsmen, because of this they extrapolated this to other things as well.

This is the fantasy battle equivalent of those unsatisfying gifs.

>Orcs about to smack into solid wall of spearmen
>SUDDENLY ELFBLOCKED

its this. Dwarves in norse mythology were expert craftsmen and made all kinds of crazy shit for the Gods - weapons, chariots, giant golden boars.

Jesus Christ this still fucking hurts me. I can feel it blackening my spiritual energy like some sort of toxic psychic radiation. I'm not a new age fag, but it's the only way I can think to explain the sheer revulsion I feel watching this. They have WRONGED me with these films.