Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Back seat stealth edition
What does your character do while the rogue is stealthily scouting ahead?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjbZeANdx0
youtube.com/watch?v=NcMDlgdnZPI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTPsumjfTA
youtu.be/NLUIkMUyPus
youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k
youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
youtube.com/watch?v=jADAWrJ7Wr0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fwr1Z7uyXz4
youtube.com/watch?v=omD3m-xwBWk
youtube.com/watch?v=tCnBrrnOefs
youtube.com/watch?v=VzVbFBRnk_s
youtube.com/watch?v=dukWxmCgON0
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/scaling-magic-items/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjbZeANdx0

Does your character know the score like the back of their hand, /pgg/?

>Such a boring OP question
Fuck this shit, post your character's theme song.

I thought that dude in the picture had the lelf face for a second. I wish for a poorly done Photoshop job.

Also, as for OP's question... We have no Rogue anymore but we have a Diviner Wizard, so the scouting is easy. I do feel kind of bad for basically forcing the DM to draw entire dungeon maps before we even stop through the dungeons' thresholds.

youtube.com/watch?v=NcMDlgdnZPI

Personality, by Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTPsumjfTA

A paladin's lay on hands can cure smoking related diseases, right?

Weakass clown shit

In every game I've personally experienced, user, it's been that way. And I've been in a bunch of games. Not long lasting games. But ones wherein PC romance has been a thing and it's never contributed to longevity. And games wherein I've done the romance, and games wherein I've seen the romance. Maybe one in fifty games can do it well and make it work. But I don't want to be in the other forty nine games

What happens? I just don’t get why it’s a big deal.

depends on what mercies he has selected.

>tfw no memegame to meme

What style feat chains are good for wildshape focused druids?

Start one, idiot. Be the DM you want to see in the world.

I don't have a character

Make one up. Where are they from?

When players focus more on each other than the group as a whole, it isn't fun. Having two people go off in the middle of the night for "tee hee LEWD THINGS" and potentially ignoring everybody else for the sake of their own enjoyment is honestly awful. It hurts the focus of the game.

Personally, I make it clear I don't like PC/PC romances, and I tell my players I don't want any of it. NPC/PC romances are fine, they can get pushed to the side so that we can focus on the game, and gives me as a GM more to work with.

Not him, but party romance is like workplace romance. It's awkward for anyone else to be involved in the romance. The Proper way to have PC romance is that the party should be 90% unaware the romance is even happening, because they keep it between themselves.

When adventuring, the unspoken rule is that the Party is the first priority (the reasons for this can change, and it may seem like its not, but if the cogency of the Party isn't a priority for someone then that PC won't be long for the campaign). When two PC's get into romance, their romance is above the needs of the party. Not to mention that it adds drama and conflict that could be unnecessary ("Why didn't you give me that loot", "Why did you help them instead of me", etc) that the rest of the party has to deal with.

youtu.be/NLUIkMUyPus

Paladin's just got too much shit that's happened to them and they need a break from time to time to remember why they have their faith in the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k

youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Does anyone here have the Legendary Shifters pdf? I looked in the troves and I couldn't find it there.

What are the stakes in your current campaign?

There. Are. No. Stakes

We're currently trying to save a pie, so you could say things have gotten pretty serious.

Classic motherfucking song

Nothing? Nothing at stake?! Than I, myself, shall place the WORLD at stake!

>Fate of the realm
>Fate of the realm
>Fate of the realm
Pretty consistent scale

Well, for each of them the current stakes are as follows:
> Universal destruction and reformation with a lich being the orchestrator of the new universe's design
> The party's souls being fed to a Devil by the man who betrayed us to it
> The potential slaughter of an entire city's lower class

Drow might assist in a power struggle in Riddleport, which spells very bad things, since I like Riddleport.

Now that the dust has settled you gotta level with me, fellas

Is it gay to suck the bard’s dick if he lets you bend him over a barrel afterwards?
What if you’re drunk?

I'm in a game that includes a PC romance, but the relationship is a polyamorous one that includes more than two PCs. Not the whole party mind you, but still. So hypothetically, how would you react if the entire party starts dating itself?

As a DM I actually prefer PC/PC romances because I can focus on the game without having to cater to the PCs' romantic interests- they'll already have screentime, I don't have to go out of my way to give any to them. So far it hasn't ever caused me problems, but romance has also generally been a backseat thing to the real gameplay too. Never once have I ever seen anything like the issues mentioned. That's just my own experience though.

There seems to be an evil noble plotting a vague conspiracy, and despite the PCs supposedly working for him, he doesn't know we know- or at least we think he doesn't know we know. In and out of character, we don't know a whole lot about what he's trying to achieve, but he was ready to use us as unwitting pawns and send us off to be sacrificed, so we've still got a personal motivation to stop him.

Not if one of you is a chick, duh.

Living Weapon PC user here.

I'm having trouble finding a solid idea for the 'independent' Orientation. In my mind they are more focused on spells and providing spells to their Wielder if they have one. The kind of weapon where even if you're a level 1 peasant NPC, if you have the weapon you could be a pew pew lightning wizard on the spot. If they don't have a wielder though, they can still be somewhat deadly: telekinesis to throw themselves around, flying, influencing others to ignore them or pick them up, etc

At this point all Living Weapon PC's are 4th level casters using a custom spellbook option, with the exception of Independent Orientations which will be 6th level casters.

Really just looking for feedback on ways to make that distinction more clear or help solidify the concept of that Orientation.

I mean we can use magic to become chicks but maybe we just like having dicks

As an add on to this whole PC romance talk. I'm in a few games that involve it and it makes me feel incredibly left out a lot of the time. The couples are often absorbed with each other rather than the party.

Which games are you in?

youtube.com/watch?v=jADAWrJ7Wr0

Have you tried making your character more open and available for dialogue and subplots? Lovers still have friends on the side. Is your PC being a good friend?

>hypothetically, the whole party starts dating itself
cancel the game or leave. I'm not dealing with that shit. I came to slay, not to lay.

I don't mind doing NPC/PC romances, because it's less effort on my part to give someone their "precious waifu" and handle that off of session time. PC/PC romance almost ALWAYS came up during the session and dragged us away from the actual game. Again, anecdotal stories.

I think PC romances are a bigger issue in text based games the elsewhere. In voice or IRL, it's easier to describe what your PC does with other PCs and you aren't as restricted in describing what or who your character pays attention to.

And your party members are here to explore their characters. The game isn't about you and your needs.

>The game isn't about you and your needs.
If he's the GM, it actually is.

I believe I'm fairly open in side sessions and revealing characters inner workings and such in dialogue. My character contributes to conversation often, but I still feel this way.
It's not important.

It's okay to be Varisian.

The problem is when they make exploring their characters more important than the enjoyment of the party. Or rather than exploring their characters, they're actually exploring themselves via their characters, which makes the emotions personal and lead to Drama with a capital D. As a DM, I'm in charge of running an adventure for the entire party, not in charge of putting together a date night for my PC's. If they want to pursue a romance they need to find time to do it on the side.

There's nothing wrong with PC romance if the players are responsible about it and it really is just about their characters and they don't make their romance the entire party's problem. The issue is that a lot of people can't make that distinction. Therefore it's generally safer to just not allow it as a general rule until you trust who your players are.

Then give it time. They’ll respond to the bait eventually.

>t.Someone Who Has Never GM'd

The point of GMing is to help everyone have fun.

As a player, I agree with you halfway. It isn't about me or my needs completely, but it is about the party as a whole, which I contribute to. And I personally do not enjoy PC/PC romance.

As a GM, fuck you, I want to have fun too- I'm the one running the game. PC/PC Romance hasn't ever been fun for me as a GM. I'll reiterate what this user () says instead of devolving into anger. I want to run a /game/, not a visual novel.

I'm the only PoW class in a group of 5.
We have three dead weights and an autist obsessed with pathfinder that gets assblasted that his niche build is getting BTFO by the chad PoW class.
Feels good

>>t.Someone Who Has Never GM'd
I'm quite sure you've never actually done it, or have a severely warped view from what Veeky Forums has told you.

>The point of GMing is to help everyone have fun.
Yes, and you're one of those. It's EVERYONE, not everyone else. If you're not having fun, nobody is going to really have fun.

>As a GM, fuck you, I want to have fun too- I'm the one running the game.

You don't enjoy watching your players create multi-faceted characters? That's just sad.

>mutli-faceted
Navel-gazing crap isn't multifaceted, especially when it's mid-session that cuts into the GM's time. The only sad thing is you expect the GM to wait on you hand and foot. Do a side session on your own time.

Not him, but I just don't enjoy my players using everyone else as a vehicle and victim for their proxy roleplay flirting.

>Yes, and you're one of those. It's EVERYONE, not everyone else. If you're not having fun, nobody is going to really have fun.

Do you honestly think the only way for a GM to have fun is by rolling dice? If the players wanted to spend a session just sitting and chatting around the campfire, would you veto that because there wasn't any murder?

I love seeing my players engage with the world I've created, and with each other. Having players willing and able to do that is a gift, I don't know why you'd squelch it.

as long as people are having fun being dead weight, the DM doesn't mind I'd say that's perfectly okay. Can't stop assblasted autists from getting butthurt.

Although, I'd try not to state this exact same message, although twice it was worded slightly different, in 4 continuous threads. People saw, we just didn't care enough to respond.

>as long as people are having fun being dead weight
Two idiots are, to the detriment of the group. Then they get mad because I have to pull more weight.

>Although, I'd try not to state this exact same message, although twice it was worded slightly different, in 4 continuous threads. People saw, we just didn't care enough to respond.
That was a doozy to read m8. English not your first language?

>Navel-gazing crap isn't multifaceted

???

Who said anything about that?

>The only sad thing is you expect the GM to wait on you hand and foot

Actually, it's the opposite... the players are doing their own thing, and expecting the GM to not begin autistically screeching, before shutting them down,

You didn't look hard enough then, it's definitely in there.

>If the players wanted to spend a session just sitting and chatting around the campfire,
They can do it on a different day, on a side session. Not on the GM's time.

>Who said anything about that?
You're literally trying to defend players not engaging with the world and with each other instead, claiming it makes them multifaceted.

>Actually, it's the opposite
It really isn't. See above. They shouldn't be surprised if the GM walks off.

You've been trying to grab attention for 4 different threads. Nobody really cares, you're annoying.

>,
Should've realized it was a dumb phoneposter. Don't waste people's time.

Nah, m8 I only posted this one in this thread.

Unrelated, are classes using Spheres of Power required to take a casting tradition?

I'm sure this isn't you.

I enjoy rolling dice. Pathfinder is a crunch-heavy game, why not roll dice? Doesn't stop me from enjoying a session dedicated to chatting around the campfire- though i would prefer it be done off of session time, during side RP. Because the point of getting everybody gathered up for a session is to move forward in the plot.

>They can do it on a different day, on a side session. Not on the GM's time.

So, in your mind, the purpose of GMing is to drive the players through your plot, and only your plot, because that's what immediately concerns you? That sounds like a godawful time, user. I stand by my statement that you have no idea how to GM, and have probably never done so.

>You're literally trying to defend players not engaging with the world and with each other instead, claiming it makes them multifaceted.

I'm defending characters spending some time connecting with each other, and exploring positive emotions rarely seen in a game that's often about murder and looting. Thereby revealing another side of their characters, or another "facet", since you seemed to fail to grasp the meaning of the term.

>They shouldn't be surprised if the GM walks off.
MY TIME MUST BE SPENT ON MY PLOT AND ONLY MY PLOT. I AM THE GM, THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON AT THE TABLE.

Do you understand how asinine that stance is? Players don't walk off when it's another PC's turn to be in the limelight; why do you think that behavior is acceptable when coming from the other side of the screen?

Negative lad.
>post was 6 hours and 24 minutes ago
I was at work friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fwr1Z7uyXz4

This matches my experience with in game romances too. PC/NPC are too much work for me as the GM, PC/PC tends to be fine since players understand boundaries and largely keep their relationship out of the game beyond rare mentions when appropriate. Sounds like you either need to get better friends or look for your games in better places.

youtube.com/watch?v=omD3m-xwBWk

>It's not important.
It IS important because if you're not willing to say which game your in, then you're just a lying shit stirrer trying to cause drama in other peoples' games.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCnBrrnOefs

Because sometimes the best way to fight back the darkness of the world is to let it loose and show some levity. Also being a Dervish Dancer helps the fight part.

Childhood is when you idolize Taldor. Adulthood is when you realize Qadira makes more sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=VzVbFBRnk_s

Master Chymist is a hell of a drug.

>debating quitting TTRPGs completely after getting through with my current campaigns

Is this a bad idea, or a good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=dukWxmCgON0

Not really a theme song, but it fits the character.

Whatever makes you happiest, user.

every game i've been in so far has been a shitshow of autism, faggotry, canceled early, or a bamboozle. I don't know why I even bother aping to games or getting in when I know for a fact that it's gonna end up turning bad.

Have you tried running a game, user?

So what do you propose the GM do during this session of inter-party interactions?

If you want happy campy times around the fire, you don't need the GM to be around for that.

I have. Multiple times.

It always ended up a shitshow when people kept flaking, or schedules got changed, or somebody took issue with something somebody else said. Or when somebody derails it so hard and so early I have no choice but to say "fuck it, campaign's over."

I WANT to run a game, though. The one thing I've never had (apart from a single one-shot that amounted to about three encounters) is a game that starts and then actually finishes.

Then run more oneshots. Collect players you like. It takes a lot of time, but that's time you might've otherwise wasted on bamboozles and shitshows, and instead you have a bunch of (hopefully) fun oneshots.

This is a big hurdle, but you need to be able to set an end date.

I'm looking for a weapon special ability for Pathfinder that changes the metal of the weapon to Adamantine, Silver or Cold Iron using a command word to bypass damage resistance.

Does anyone know what the name of the ability is or if it's a unique weapon?

One-shots are too /short/ though. I'd be down for that, but one-shots are like a candy bar. They taste good but you can't sustain a man on them. And I've tried to do one-shots, but they ALSO end up shitshows.

It's demoralizing.

there's a unique item mace that does it. It's kinda cheap.

Do you enforce an art style for your PCs and NPCs?

Would you happen to have a name or what sourcebook it would be found in?

>And I've tried to do one-shots, but they ALSO end up shitshows.
Weird. Not joking here, have you tried running them in a simpler system than Pathfinder?

Any game worth its salt should have at least one or two NPCs that the GM can use to be a part of the conversation, or heck if a couple of players are having a moment that's probably the perfect time to field in-character questions or do upkeep on the situation at hand.

I don't on my PCs, since that's a bit much. But I try to get all of my NPC art to look like they're from the same series or at least designer. With the glut of Gacha Games from Japan coming to the west, I'm spoiled for choice these days.

I don't allow furries, everything else is fine though

It's the Multimetal Mace scaling magic item.
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/scaling-magic-items/

The only thing people want to play in my circle of friends is... Pathfinder. And Pathfinder is nearly 100% free, so that's all I have the books for. I'd totally play in a simpler system if there was ever any AUDIENCE for it.

I don't want to cause undue strife. If you don't realize that by avoiding naming names I am protecting myself and them you are naive. I have spoken to some of the other players about this in private and intend to do it more.

Please don't be childish.

>Unrelated, are classes using Spheres of Power required to take a casting tradition?

Technically yes, but you can take one that has no effect (no drawbacks or boons...like anyone takes boons other than fortified casting).

>At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as aswift actionto grant any weapon he is holding a +1enhancement bonusfor 1 minute

How does arcane pool interact with natural weapons? Is any weapon meant to be read as any one weapon or can it be seen as plural?

>Heroes
>look like they're from the same series or at least designer

Thank you very much!
My players will appreciate this.

If you can swing it, Fortified Casting, Deathful MAgic and the one that boosts your CL depending on how many spellpoints you've used can be stupidly fun for a melee SoM/P champion class (like the Prodigy.)

Just fucking blow people's faces off with a stupidly enormous caster level

You can easily pick and choose, user.

>Female half-elf claiming to be a male elf due to her more "manish" looks from being half human
Does this make enough sense? Or is it just thin justification?

>like anyone takes boons other than fortified casting
I've got a lot of potential characters that use Bound Companion... But unfortunately the likelihood of playing any of them is as likely as winning the lottery.
I'm also a huge fag: one of them is gestalted with a Vancian Sorc.

I suggest gamefinder.