/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Von Kragsburg edition.

Discuss Warhammer Fantasy Battles and other related topics here.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2Pyu-Cj0gg
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/03/news-horus-heresy-necromunda-weekendergw-homepage-post-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread:

Does anyone know where to get out of print physical copies of books for non ludricous prices? Im not into the ebook/kindle meme but I dont want to shell out above 20 bucks for a paperback book in questionable condition.

You're better off looking for Bigfoot than an untarnished copy of one of the older books for anything less than $90 minimum.

Has anyone done homebrew/houserule tweaks for their armies in question?

One thing I always felt was just lazy about Orcs and Goblins was how there was no real reason to actually take regular Orcs instead of the Savage ones. They weren't cheap enough (you took regular or Night Goblins for this) or killy enough, and the extra armor/access to shields they got was invalidated by said Savage Orcs getting access to Warpaint.

tl;dr, Savage Orcs should be Skirmishers, and their option for bows should be replaced with javelins, giving both types of Orcs a reason to exist.

Have you tried mobile phone readers?

Wrong thread

You could check Zweihander, it's basicly the Pathfinder equivalent to WHFRP2

small but vicious dog

youtube.com/watch?v=l2Pyu-Cj0gg

He meant the novels, user.
Also, Zweihander isn't exactly good. Or even okay. It had great intentions, but failed miserably.

While I look forward to this, this is the wrong thread for that and is just asking for a fight honestly

>bretonnian truffle hounds vs skaven

Big thing I've been kicking around is allowing Bretonnia to hire mercenaries, but have it both be debilitating enough to fit their fluff, but not so much so that they're screwed over instead of benefiting at all. I've asked around the threads before, and the main ideas I have are:

>The Lord cannot have the Grail Vow
>Leadership penalty across the board, or leadership penalty to all Knight units
>Enemy Bretonnians gain Hatred against Bretonnians using mercenaries
>serious restrictions on which mercenaries and Regiments of Reknown they can take
>possibly a penalty to the mercenaries themselves

Any suggestions/modifications on imbracing insanity in WFRP 2e?
I will be running a 3-4hr horror session soon and want to include it.

>TIL one of the obscure main Chaos Gods is the personification of smug atheism

So 40K has Kill Team and Shadow War (albeit that's dead)

Does Fantasy have something equivalent that ISN'T Mordheim?

Mordheim = Necromunda
Kill Team and Shadow War = Cash Grab

I don't play, but if I had Tomb Kings (or proxied miniatures of them), I'd at least houserule the following adjustments:
>If the Hierophant dies, you can transfer the title to the next Character with Lore of Nehekhara.
>Allow Nehekharan Undead to march within 12" of the General, or alternatively, give Khsar's Incantation (the movement spell) to Tomb Princes and Kings as a Bound Spell a la 6th Ed (maybe also allow them to be Hierophant but I don't think that is necessary just because they have a Bound Spell from LoN).

I'm still furious this entire setting got squatted

>squatted
You should use Sistered, Slaaneshed or Sororited.

or Tomb King'd/Bretonnia'd

Dogs of war and regiments of renown were always something I was sad to see go.

Bretconned

>It's a squat, an honest to goodness squat
What is this madness?

warhammer-community.com/2018/02/03/news-horus-heresy-necromunda-weekendergw-homepage-post-1/

Savage orcs were a mistake

I for one like the army composition rules from 6th ed.
Sometimes in here you see 1000 ptsm army lists with fully kitted out lords and deathstarts and i find it not only disgusting and retarded, but also age-of-sigmar-y

Now beside this, any news about 4th ed? Also where is the blood bowl general?

Despite it not being the right thread, keep us posted. I have a bet on how much they will fuck this up

Take dat back, ya' git!

I'll take yer 'ead off, dats for sure

If I were to homebrew anything it would be to count the Putrid Blightkings as monstrous infantry. One of the best looking units that GW ever made and they are basically worthless due to them being just infantry.

What miniatures, edition or third party, are the best Lizardmen? Never were a particular interest of mine until I started doing a heap of paleo stuff.

Do High Elves desire gold the same way Humans or Dwarves do?

Shameless self-bump

>8th ed. Lizardmen are good and all minis are still in production for them AFAIK. They even have a nice start collecting box for them.

Don't know if it's the same desire, certainly not the same with dwarves, but high elves have an interest in wealth and commerce. They have their merchant families in the empire and even trade with far away lands like Cathay. Ulthuan is famous for its riches. The sack of Marienburg is a funny story about that.

Ditto, I hate seeing lords in 1.5k games.

I spent four years trying to talk my group out of the horde rule, it shits up army foot prints and makes the game seem like a skirmish instead of a pitched battle with fantasy elements (which is what I like.)

Of course. More like humans tho, dwarves are naturally greedy and have an innate tendency to accumulate large sums of money, regardless of the use they have for it.

My question stems from the descriptive text for the gold mining pit in Warhammer 2, which while from a video-game it was made in collaboration with GW for lore consistency,
>Gold matters far more to other races, but that weakness can be exploited, which gives the mineral value.
Does this mean the High Elves seek gold not because they like gold, but because they can use gold to buy things from other races? It certainly fits their domination of trade as a maritime empire.

It could be. But for sure elves know the value of gold and if they're merchants it means some of them at least must have quite a hefty amount of it. I could see elves giving more value to gems tho.
Afaik the only races that has wasy access to gold but doesn't know the value of it are Lizardmen, who use it purely as ornament.
Skaven and beastmen don't use gold either, but it's because the former are high on warpstone all the time and the latter don't really have any use of it whatsoever

jeez I wish normal dragon ogre models looked that good, I'd buy 6

how do you guys interact with the WFB scene in your area? how has it responded to the TW games and do you still get to play matches?

They are so-so, worse than juggernaughts and sometimes regular chaos knights but still fast and hard hitting.

You won't lose games by taking them, if you love those models in particular just go counts as.

If you lived in a mostly happy, peaceful elven kingdom with magic making up for lack of technological progress, and knew you could live for several centuries and not have to worry about plague or social changes or high rents on lowbrow apartments, would you desire gold? I remember being younger and barely caring about money since I didn't want anything or worry about anything.

Only real lore tidbit I can offer is that elves don't stamp their currency the way men do, they treat it as a chance to practice an art and show a craft, a creation of something beautiful. They like towers and nature and such, not weapons.

>I could see elves giving more value to gems tho.

>Insert Silmaril joke here

That's sort of their "thing," they're above material desires and can (and often do) devote themselves to an ideal or philosophy. Secrets and favors are worth more to them than sapphires or gold.

In my area there is no wfb scene. All everyone play is 40k.
Then again there are only two lgds in my area, one is a GW store and the other is full of underage black guys playing MtG

Btw what is it with black people and card games? All black nerds i know play only those

WFRP as skaven. Is it any good?

Only if your party is also skaven and/or they can put up with your antics and sudden but inevitable betrayal
It can be either extremely fun or the worst experience you'll ever have, all depends on your group

I'm not considering a skaven in a regular group (that would be nuts!) but want a change to the norm for a quick campaign.

On the subject is there rule for other bad guy races? What would the equivalent of human, halfling, elf and dwarf be? Orc, goblin, skaven are options.

Didn't mean to greentext.

Skaven are in children of the horned rat.
Tome of corruption gives you charts to make norscans and other chaos worshiping humans, beastmen and mutants. Also there are norse dwarfs.
If you want to make a dark elf or a chaos dwarf you just use the regular table and say they're evil.

There is no (official) supplement that allows you to play as a greenskin

>They like towers and nature and such, not weapons
>not weapons
Do you even know Vaul?

Would it be hard to home brew up some orc and goblin rules and careers? I'm now thinking about either doing skaven party or 'denizens of the underworld'.
Although would greenskins and skaven even team up?

Vaul does not make only weapons

And elves do not only make towers.

Orcs and goblins are just too stupid to work in a party that is not also made of orcs and goblins. They are basically forced to start fights with their party members every now and then and try to hog all loot unless someone stops them.
Can be fun but such antics always have short lives.
If you still want to try, i guess you could make a chart for orc&goblin characters pretty easily. For orcs you favour strenght and toughness and penalise intelligence and fellowship, for goblins you can either use the halfling chart or favor agility and penalize toughness and strenght.
For special rulea of each check the old world bestiary. For careers i guess you could use the normal careers, just tweak skills and talents so that they make sense with the race

Well i eat cabbages too but i like steak more

Cheers senpai

I love greenies so I might do them in their own campaign. Should be interesting.

The most difficult thing is probably making orc magic. Best thing you can do is look up all the different magic lores and put together a list of roughly 10 spells that resemble the lores of big and small waagh! i.e. the lore of light's laser eyes can work as eye of mork pretty easily.
A rule of thumb is big waaagh!=flashy blasty spells with some buff spells here and there, small waaagh!=sneaky buff/debuff spells with one or two absolutely apocalyptic spells that are almost impossible to cast without incurring into tzeentch's curse

Ah, just another glorious day in the lore.

>wdhmbt?

>Rat Catcher's professional fest

I think he means another day in the time when WHFB lore used to be good before whatever the fuck GW did to it in their little Stormcast Lightyear spinoff.

I'd like to see someone try to roll a "reformed" Skaven who really wants to break away from the terrible shit his kin do, so he vows to protect and help the group to his last breath.

To help the group he consciously or unconsciously ends up backstabbung and betraying every single outside individual because he thinks it's helping the party.

>tfw you break 100 followers on instagram

We making it, boiis. Just bought some dropper bottles for paint saving celebrations.

I think it'd be easier to play a victim of the 13th transformation spell, like the white furred council guards trying to merc the grey seer who reshaped him.
Even if retaining memories isn't consistent with the fluff.

>>people love card games

who'd have thought.

How do you interact through the hobby then? Is it mostly Veeky Forums or do you feel isolated?

So I got an upcoming competitive 2500 points game against a Dwarf player. I myself play WoC heavily themed towards Nurgle. As I've never faced dwarfs before, nor am a particilularly experienced WoC-player, I'm turning to you guys for suggestions and tips on how to build my army aswell as useful pointers on how to come out victorious.
As far as I understand it the default approach to dwarfs is the gunline meaning that I should probably go for target saturation or just avoid monsters. This barrage of shooting seems to me to suggest the need to pick fast units over large blocks of infantry aswell, allthough a Halberd Block with Festus in it might still be handy. Would it be a waste to include a Daemon Prince as he is likely to be the primary target for any artillery? Would I be better off with a manouverable Sorcerer Lord in a knight unit that can use the signature from Lore of Nurgle and Flaming Breath to thin out the ranks of a dwarven block before something sturdy and devastating (like the previously mentioned Festus-block) finishes the job? Or would I be better off with a Shadow/Metal Sorcerer Lord in a unit of infantry? Should I invest in a Chimera and a Hellcannon to try and 'snipe' away dwarven artillery?

What was Wurrzags end plan?

Here's an example of a Fast focused list with a bit of target saturation that I've been tinkering with:

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2500pts] ++

+ Lords +

Daemon Prince [540pts]: Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Flaming Breath, Nurgle's Rot, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Dragonbane Gem, BRB - Sword of Striking

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [217pts]: Barded Chaos Steed, Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

+ Core +

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]

Marauder Horsemen [95pts]: Musician
. 5x Marauder Horsemen: 5x Flails, 5x Javelins

Forsaken [378pts]
. 18x Forsaken: 18x Forsaken of Slaanesh

+ Special +

Chimera [275pts]: Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

Chaos Knights [450pts]
. Champion
. 9x Chaos Knight: 9x Ensorcelled weapons, 9x Mark of Nurgle
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

++ Total: [2500pts] ++

i saw those bottles and i thought "acid"

My brain is getting fried from developing characteristics from my WFRP campaign bestiary. Does anyone have a good batch of pre-made characteristics for human NPCs? I've gathered what I could from the official stuff and supplements, but can't find much for pre-made NPCs in fan-made supplements

Sorry, I meant as decorations on their currency.

And here's an example army-list centred around a slow but steady assault with some swift artillery-chasers:

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2496pts] ++

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [370pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Daemonblade
. Magic Items: BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Heroes +

Festus the Leechlord [190pts]: AB - Pestilent Potions, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 2

Exalted Hero [220pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: BRB - Dragonhelm, BRB - Luckstone, BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, BRB - Sword of Anti-Heroes

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]

Chaos Warriors [429pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 21x Chaos Warrior: 21x Halberds, 21x Mark of Nurgle

Forsaken [252pts]
. 12x Forsaken: 12x Forsaken of Slaanesh

+ Special +

Gorebeast Chariot [140pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot [140pts]: Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Hellcannon [210pts]

++ Total: [2496pts] ++

>I spent four years trying to talk my group out of the horde rule,
In 9th the horde is now only 8 models wide(for infantry) which helps a lot.

I've heard warhammer on acid is a real trip.

That does sound pretty good, there's only one friend who plays it in my group but he's on deployment.

This thread is almost* the only reason I come to Veeky Forums (*sometimes I go to /hwg/). So it's like my little cocoon in a storm of shit CAD designed miniatures and 8 page rules.

>This thread is almost* the only reason I come to Veeky Forums (*sometimes I go to /hwg/).
This is me.

DOOMWHEELS

Should I take two Earthshakers like a good player or should I take one Earthshaker and 10 Bull Centaurs even though the 7th edition nerfed them and Earthshakers were always better anyway?

Bull Centaur pros:
>M8
>2 attacks per model
>can serve as a bunker for a Bull Centaur BSB
>very iconic unit

Bull Centaur cons:
>only one wound in Ravening Hordes
>only heavy armour and shield
>can't parry in the 7th edition
>same toughness as Warriors (T4)
>only get +1S from great weapons in the 7th edition, so same strenght as Warriors
>20 points per model, need at least 10 for a good unit
>command models cost 15 points

Earthshaker pros:
>only 110 points
>makes the enemy slower by half
>stone thrower so enemy gets no armour saves

Earthshaker cons:
>uses cannon misfire table
>can't shoot within 12''

More importantly horde formation means you don't benefit from rank bonus.

So if you were a priest in the Empire, what god would you be a priest of?
I think I owuld either worship Shallya or Morr

How much of a dick would I be if I used this armylist?

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2493pts] ++

+ Lords +

Daemon Prince [565pts]: Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Nurgle's Rot, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Dragonbane Gem, BRB - Sword of Striking

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [264pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Great weapon, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Third Eye of Tzeentch
. Daemonic Mount
. . Daemonic Mount: Barding
. Magic Items: BRB - Potion of Foolhardiness, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [45pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warhounds [45pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard special rule

Forsaken [252pts]

Forsaken [252pts]

+ Special +

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

Hellcannon [210pts]

++ Total: [2493pts] ++

That reminds me, why do I never hear about these things?

Shipping Grimgor with Skarsnik. Would have been glorious

But who would have been the power-buttom?

>8th edition

Isn't he smug because he knows he shouldn't exist, but does any way?

Verena, probably. Easy life, away from the wilderness as much as possible.
Alternatively rhya, because i can stay away from the shitholes that the cities in the empire are

Qt priestess of myrmidia with a big spear

Should I take the silence regarding my list as universal approval of it? That kinda surprises me desu as it just screams cheesyness to me. Is it the fact that I'm going up against Dwarfs that make it acceptable? That BSB combined with a flank containing a broken-DP build and two Chimeras seems like it could shreck pretty much everything.

>flaming cannonballs your Chimera
>organguns your Forskaen apart
>shreds your chaff with thunderers
>ties DP up all game with Dwarf Lord that costs 250 pts
Heh, nothing personnel... Manling...

That's fine I still got one left.
>Sucks but atleast one Forsaken unit makes it across.
Chaff's gonna chaff.
>ties DP up all game with Dwarf Lord that costs
I'll obvious do my best to avoid getting tied up like that.

With that being said, how would you suggest I'd approach the battle?

That's fine I still got one left.
>Sucks but atleast one Forsaken unit makes it across.
Chaff's gonna chaff.
>ties DP up all game with Dwarf Lord that costs
I'll obvious do my best to avoid getting tied up like that.

With that being said, how would you suggest I'd approach the battle armywise?

Sorry, didn't mean to doublepost.

Probably Taal. I'd miss the cities, but Taal seems pretty chill as long as you can keep up, and I could probably live in Talabheim if I really wanted to stay somewhere urban.