Warhammer 40,000k General /40kg/

Strong and Proud Custodes Edition

>Thinning your paints:
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Thinning your paints. (embed)

>Texas Cafe:
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/07/texas-ahoygw-homepage-post-3/

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules Mega:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

First for Motto

First for the steel legion.

Big t'au girl diaperbutt applied directly onto my face

Oh you goofy boys

BIG NIDDER TIDDERS RIGHT IN MY FACE

So how do all the other races feel about him?

Big Celestine tits in my face

Tell me about your homebrewed special characters and HQs

Fellow Vanilla Marinefags, what stratagems do you use the most? In your opinion what are the best stratagems in our codex? Personally I just use "Honor the Chapter" since its the only one that is useful for an assault army and "Wisdom of the Ancients" because I love Dreadnoughts and turning one into a temporary captain is nice, the rest seem so useless.

Topic for tonight's thread:

What army do you consider your armies mortal enemy? Maybe they aren't canonically your armies big bad guy but that's ok! Everyone has their own rival, what's yours?

For me it's Ork's because my best friend since middle school has been a die hard Ork player and I always find myself facing down hoards of them.

God damn green bastards.

Necrons

Because BEEP BOOP THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Continuing from previous

Post your trueborn, archons (pic not mine)

Admech, because I play Dark Mechanicum

post kroot

For me its Tyranids 100% - the guy who taught me to play competitive 40k has used Tyranids for ages (through the good and the bad) and I still remember our 5th edition games fondly but getting my dick knocked in the dirt.

Are arc rifles on vanguards any good?

Eldar Edition when

I have this night lord Lord. He used to be a captain within the legion, but grew even more bitter and dissillusioned when the night haunter let himself die. He saw it as basically taking the coward way out and abandoning his son for no good reason.

He followed Sevatar for a while, but at some point split off to do his own shit. Now he leads his own warband, the Baleful Eye. He's callous to his human serf but brotherly with his fellow warband marines.

He kills loyalist and doesn't afraid of anything.

Reposting:

#
Speaking of Cypher, is a legion/chapter right? I wanna be sure before I deck out a razorback for him and some fallen

ALRIGHT NERDS

How long on average would you say it takes to paint a 2000pt army? Just tabletop standard.

I haven't played against the same army more than once.

I'll repost my good trueborn

When did you realize 40k needs feminism?

Reposting answer. You can't pick fallen as a legion tag, much like 1Ksons and death guard. So foot patrol only

it's not exactly, because you can't choose it for any other unit than fallen. Meaning the rhino/razorback/ what have you can never have the good keyword to transport fallen, so they always have to walk.

what is the next "natural" purchase after the dark imperium box for death guard and space marines?

Veteran of the long war is a different stratagem from the CSM codex and Death Guard / Thousand Sons, so you could use it twice to give a certain unit +2 to wound (cultist come to mind as a good target for that, or rubric marine with bolter)

Ah okay, it's absolutely balls that it wasnt addressed in either the chaos or dark angel codexes

My smurfs have smacked unpainted chaos goons countless times.

>[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Thinning your paints. (embed)
FAIL

When I learned how orks reproduce I realized how GW would rather have asexual dickless monsters than strong, female warriors in their setting.

Death Guard? Blight drones or blight haulers.
Space Marines? Predators or Scouts.

>[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Thinning your paints. (embed)
Ya sneaky git.

>Vanilla Marinefags
BattleBROTHER!!!!

Personally, I use Auspect scan the most because my friends love deepstrikeing units. Othe than that I find Armor of Contempt really good if your opponent smite spams your tanks.

MY DUDES hate the Eldar with a burning passion that almost saw the chapter master go khornate because they prevented the chapter from getting aid in fending off the orks that razed their planet and killed billions of their people. They're not too fond of orks either, as it is but they hate Eldar more.

Like you said, Honour the Chapter and Wisdom of the Ancients are both among the better ones, but there's definitely a few others that have strong uses.

Auspex scan is expensive, but very useful if your opponent was dumb enough to deepstrike close to one of your scary infantry units. Even a squad of regular tacs can do work against softer deepstrikers like warpspiders or AdMech infiltrators.

Hellfire bolts are fantastic, and well worth including a few infantry heavy bolters in your army for it alone. Flakk missile is more restricted in targets, but it does have an accuracy bonus to compensate.

If you have a thunderfire and are facing an army with scary CC units, Tremor Shells can do wonders by essentially cutting their movement in half.

All the Chapter-unique strategems are also broadly useful with varying degrees of situational. UM's more re-rolls is handy. IH get more accurate dakka vehicles on the move. RG infiltrate shenanigans can get very scary very quickly. WS let you get your bikes into combat faster if I remember right. The only bad ones IMO are Sallies and IF, since they give marginal bonuses to one very specific class of weapons.

Old Black Templar Player back in 4th and just Rainbow marines these days. For me its Blood Angels for no reason other than every player at my old store played them and I hate their aesthetics.

Should I take Death Shroud or Blightlord in my Nurgle Daemons/Death Guard soup list?

blightlords

Depends on tools and skill, I can do an average model count army to 3 colors and based in under a month.

agreed, it's probably an oversight but a painful one

Why the fuck would one take sword and board custards? For 60 points each, they give nothing that's more valuable than 4 15 point crusaders. The d3 damage is meh, and only gives them 1 more total possible wounds, if we ignore the crusaders SoB orders. Who cares about the damage output of a 3++ swamps? To take crusaders isn't even soup, they're in the codex(imperial guard,this post is mostly talking about taking custards as tank bros). Why doesn't everyone take crusaders? I fuckin' love my crusaders.

Wait, I thought SoS fucked with psykers.

here is one of my trueboys i made for my (eventual) space pirate elfs

Consider replying to my post in a kind manner

Cpt. Motto sounds like he was an asshole.

my guys are the exorcists and since they hate daemons my company of dudes really hates fuckin nurgle daemons, a lot stems from the putrid oozes that corrode and damage the glorious image of themselves on the battlefield as the sub-cult most of my exorcists are in is one of much pride/power through gaudy adornments/weapon customization and great close combat .

people don't want to use crusaders

Put an Emperor and a some pariahs in the same room, who wins?

Str 6 and extra damage against vehicles. Decent enough for the price.

When all the girls look like men.
We need more cum dumps.

I use the White Scars fallback one on Kor'sarro Khan regularly

So I had this idea for modelling and painting some Imperial Guardsmen as a force of naval armsmen for the Imperial Navy as a troop squad to go along with an Officer of the Fleet.

I've got a couple questions though:
Should Armsmen be considered just armed ship crewmen? Are they just enforcers recruited from the ranks of the crew? Or are they professionally trained "marine" soldiers?

Can there be "Armsmen Regiments" much like there are 1st, 5th, and 7th Marine Regiments in the US Marine Corps? Like, could they have unique insignia and such to go along with normal void/carapace armor?

Should Armsmen even be allowed on a planetary battlefield, or does that violate the law of separation of Navy and Guard?

I'm the only person playing AdMech at my store and finally picked up their codex. Haven't played them in 8e yet, what am I in for and should I look out for?
Are my tin men still good?

>drop deathshroud fail charge
>enemy moves 6 inches
>deathshroud move 4
>11 inch charge

I'd say blightlord unless you have a plan to get them to turn 1 charge or you want to have the enemy backline have a birch of a time firing their heavy weapons

why does no one love my beautiful boys

Technically the pariahs right?
Actually are blanks like stupid fucking OP? They get dramatically stronger the stronger their enemy is. If the enemy is fucking God tier pyscher they should just blow their heads open by trying to rub their dicks.

Navy Armsmen are trained for repelling and conducting boarding actions. They are professionals.
No, they don't partake in ground battles because of said separation. Although I'm not sure if they guard major space ports as well.

To all those questions, yes. Armsmen are even assigned Commissars like the rest of the Imperial mortal armies.

>Should Armsmen even be allowed on a planetary battlefield

If the Officer of the Fleet can be on the ground I dont see how a small regiment would violate such things, they could be doing bodyguard duty, guarding the air fields or doing some other rear guard activity that may require Air elements and a cadre of boots on the ground.

That's a cool looking miniature user

What are the primo female Eldar, and Deldar models? I need a waifu army and the Emperium ain’t offering much.

I've been playing against Tyranids exclusively for the past 8 months.

Convince me to finally finish building my custom Archmagos after a year of no progress.
Doing his dendrite backpack and possible greenstuff cloak/coat is just the fucking worst. The backpack is especially bad since I just can't seem to find any decent bits to use for it that are easy to attach.

>Armsmen are even assigned Commissars like the rest of the Imperial mortal armies.
Is there a source on this? Most Imperial Navy fluff from Black Library only makes mention of 1 ship's commissar per ship, maybe with some juniors if it's a big ship. And BFG's rulebook mentioned nothing about it, though the videogame has a ship's commissar option.

Do you think an armsman regiment would be an administrative unit most commonly spread across several ships, or concentrated in 1 ship?

You see the DBZ ep with the alien that fed off the Super Saiyan energy? They just fed it to bursting. The Emporer or any sufficiently strong Psyker Primach could still unmake a Blank.

Worth over a carbine?

Guys we've all been playing 40k wrong for years. Apparently when a rule says you can make a shooting attack that means you can't shoot. Thanks user

their battle tank is stupidly strong, and dragoons can be brutal, everything else is kind of meh.

I think you're probably a nice guy and I hope things are going well for you :)

Is this the pyschic phase after fire and fade thing?

4 points for double the strength, AP-1, 6" more range, and a little buff vs vehicles? Sure. The downside is rapid fire 1 vs assault 3.

Basilisks, manticores, or medusa?

>he actually shoots
Maybe you've been playing it wrong.

In a way they remind me of early tau.

You go ahead and do all your shooting. I'll go get a beer.
big scary guns... but melee is meh. The electro priest can be good... but only in very very special situations

So basically no changes in the unit power ranking, good enough. Any idea if Electro-Priests are ok now or if they're still better off as a source of prime bits for customizing and kitbashing?

Stygies pre-turn 1 infiltrate with 20 electropriests BAZZZZZZINGAAAAAA

You don't bring your gun to the lgs?

I only bring my Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon because of how cheap it is.

Yeah hey don't mind me I am just a melee unit with a 3++ and a 5+fnp

Ohh and also I do mortal wounds on 6.
But i move 6 so fuck my life if I am walking.

Nah fuck fulgurites. Corpruscarii are where it's at. Cheaper and more versatile. 6" move + 12" range allows you to zap the fuck out of almost anything.

>not bringing your gun everywhere except post offices, concerts, churches, and some schools

You forgot the DMV and other such government buildings.

>if I am walking
Making it sound like they got much of a choice.

>He doesn't take his gun to school
Are you even American?

>going to the DMV

They're ok. Personally I only take them to fill out extra points though or for when I've run out of plasma caliver models.

inquisitor eisenhorn release when?

Yeah, Corpuscarii are fun. I just think that the fulgurites have better weapons. I just bring them to smack shit around.

Still I think they can both be ok. Just not the best use of points in most cases.

Well I would leave but I'm still in line here, lucky for me there is a nice nid player here too, we've had 5 games and they only got through two people.

>everything else is meh
Robits my dude. I only bring a duo and they still manage to fuck everything they shoot in the mouth.

He will be a small release from GW stores only.

Stats have been leaked online.

Robots reflecting mortal would is fucking great.

How does it feel to not only fire as many bullets as orks but actually hit things too?

They drop in effectiveness a lot once they encounter any -1 to hit and can't make use of their gimmick.

If only Aegis Protocol had anything to do with it it'd be hilarious

The people in my group are as afraid of shooting them as they are getting shot by them.

It did before the codex released, shit was pretty funny.

The Eldar have the most complicated feelings. He's the Anathema to their hated enemy, but he's also mon-keigh. Most think he's just an inferior human with a bit of power to throw around (the whole "weak seer" thing), and don't give much of a shit. They get disabused of that notion fast when they actually have to deal with him though, like the harlequin shadowseer in "Throneworld" who described him as pure dread and power, and was more scared of him than Chaos. Others, like Eldrad, have had dealings with him before and know he's not just some weak psyker. That said, he's also pretty xenocidal, and they're not exactly pro-human.

The Dark Eldar probably just don't give a shit. They know about him, and are seemingly open to bargain in regards to their help about Golden Throne.

The Orks... well, they're Orks. The big, probable Prime-Orks he fought probably thought he was strong. At present, most Orks probably don't even know he exists.

The Tau probably don't believe that much about what they hear. The Ethereal's almost certainly have info from their psychic capable client-races and gue'vesa, but just can't really comprehend it.

The Necron don't like him, full stop. They think he's a witch-corpse whose crappy race is squatting on their worlds, and find his Imperium annoying to deal with and barbaric. They have a hard-on for Sanguinius though. "The Word of the Silent King" gives good insight into it.