Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2051: Groovin Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aa11arT_wvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Groovin Edition

Hey NuBee, did you ever answer that question in Hyrule Warriors if you were to take both Tempered By Light and Lord of Darkness?

I'm thinking of starting a robot sidechain. So far I have Nier Automata, Diebuster, GUNMM, BLAME!, and Hive Queen Quest. Anyone have other suggestions for where I could go?

Since Val just posted it last thread: Diebuster. Become the Nonoriri.

True.

Also, I have another question. Is it even possible to waifu both of them without a perk that allows a harem? And would Azana develop a crush on the Jumper if she met him first with the companion option?

The looks on everybody once they realize that a nobody somehow manage to waifu both of the most strongest beings in The Lovecraft Mythos will be hilarious.

I didn't since I was asleep at the time, but I saw it and wrote a note in the Jump for it. Does this help answer anything?

-4: Purchasing both “Tempered by Light” and “Lord of Darkness” together will transform you into epitomized Twilight. A perfect balance of Light and Darkness with all that brings with it.
Light and darkness, positivity and negativity, altruism and ambition, love and hate. You will be able to blend the light and dark powers you get from these perks into twilight energy, similar to a Twili Sorcerer.

Star Wars?

FLCL and Nechronica spring to mind.

And, like an idiot, I somehow missed that you already had it in your list. I am a dumb.

BEHOLD. THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE TYPED.

Jump 2: Power Rangers
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Colour Change [950]
Acoustics [850]
Sixth Ranger [650]
Harmless Buffoonery [450]

Items:
Dragon Shield [400]
Dragon Flute [300]
Dragonzord [0]
Power Morpher [0]

Drawbacks:
Bulk And Skull (Retained FOREVER)
Competent Foes [1200]
Nice Haircut [100]

>“Hey, Buddy!”

...I mean, it LOOKS a bit better, but I'm pretty sure this isn't home either. And feeling my face...oh god, my voice, am I a teenager again?!
>"Why is everything standard definition? I can almost see the VCR lines..."
I sincerely have no idea what you're talking about. Hey, wait, there's something in my pockets now...is that a fucking Power Rangers morpher?
>"Power Rangers? Ah, damn it, we're knee-deep in the spandex now. You gonna fight evil in a skintight suit?"
Hey, that was all self-defense and you know it! At least here we don't have to worry about Shocker hunting me like a dog.
>"Or the Illuminati tracking us down."
...we're in a different world and you're still on about that?
>"I've had time to think about it, is all. I mean, if you consider-"
Don't want to hear it. Point is, we never found the journal and it looks like we're being teleported around randomly. You're sure time is frozen back home?
>"Shouldn't be more than a microsecond than when we left. At least, if I'm remembering it correctly. There IS a way to shut off the mechanism, but I don't know what it is."
Great. I guess we're just going to go through every tokusatsu show until we figure out how it shuts off.
>"...tokuwhat?"
Tokusatsu. Masked heroes, silly monster suits, that kind of thing. Saban localized a few and-
>"You're such a fucking weeb."
Go to hell.

Possible? Sure. Anything's possible. Azana won't necessarily crush on you just cause she meets you first, since Nyadude was rather heroic.

Damn, nigga, that's cool as fuck.

So at first, I thought the long battle against Shocker was over. I just had to stay clear of the Abandoned Warehouse district (which is a thing for some reason) for the giant robot fights and I could focus entirely on getting home. Or seeing if we could somehow restore Al's body. Apparently his attempts to build a cyborg body for himself kept bursting into flames. Even the bodies that had no flammable or explosive material in them. “It's as if though their plans are foiled by me getting my body back!” He declared, nyacking into the moonlit night. God, fuck the moon.

Then, suddenly, a giant monster appeared out of the fucking blue and was on a warpath towards Angel Grove High School. It was using laser beams on actual, inhabited buildings. And exploded with a couple thousand or more people in them at a time. Appropriately horrified, I realized the villains of this world apparently meant fucking business. Against my previous instincts, I used the flute to summon the Dragonzord who stumbled his way into battle against the giant monsters. Then three more monsters beamed down to gang up on me for my efforts while the Dragonzord fought in the background. It was a fight sequence I'm sure was very entertaining for anyone watching, but I was too preoccupied FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE to really care at the time.

By the time the battle was over, I had Rider Kicked all three monsters and the final one was defeated, and about a quarter of Angel Grove looked like mid-story Brockton Bay.
>"God, that reference is dated. You know only nerds on the internet care about that story, right?"
Shut uuuuuuup.
A second later, I was abruptly teleported off to where the Big Blue Head, Zordon himself, greeted me and thanked me for my efforts in defending the city. He said he had planned to summon five teenage warriors with attitude, but his candidates were intercepted and captured by Rita Repulsa and company before being brainwashed.

Archie's Sonic has robot options too.

Hahahahahaha. That's great. That's hilarious!

Ah, thank you NuBee. That does indeed help.

I am sorry I can't help but sometimes think of your name as NuDee.

Rita had enlisted the help of a mysterious traveler like myself...none other than Dr. Hades of Shocker himself. He followed us.
>"Look at this convenient picture of him! He's got the journal!"
It had become apparent the good Doctor had somehow hijacked the mechanism used to send us through other worlds - he would shadow us like any good recurring villain. And from joining up with a suddenly-competent Rita, that meant he likely had ambitions to revive Shocker. Or worse. And if I was getting random-ass gear and perks from each world...
>"He probably plans to benefit from your movements in the same way. Dude, this is fucking spooky."
No kidding. This might actually threaten our world and many others. With no other options, we resolved to fight Dr. Hades and save the other Rangers. The alternative is either death or worse, and I have no one to pass off the responsibility to. Needless to say I am AMAZINGLY unhappy about this, but having spent the last decade fighting Kaijin in escalating battles to the death, I GUESS THIS IS MY JOB NOW.

>"After finding a mysterious journal, user-Buddy and his friend Al were sent into the multiverse, changed into a Shocker Rider and a talking Skull respectively! The journal was lost and fell into the hands of the brilliant and evil Dr. Hades, who seeks to revive Shocker in a form that expands across the entire multiverse! With no hope of escape or respite, user-Buddy and Al resolve to fight! Now begins the story of an escalating battle between good and evil...!

>There was an Opening song here
>It's gone now.

Two jumps in and this is my favourite chain.

>Mega Man (all of them)
>Cave Story (Armed Scout Robot)
>Terminator
>SRW: Endless Frontier (Karakuri is what I vaguely remember it being called)
>Wadanohara (one of the Totsusa capstones, Mecha Curse)
>Overwatch (Omnic)
>TOME (Mechanical)
>The Matrix (Machine)
>Battleborn (LLC/Robot)
>Archie Sonic Universe (But Actually, A Machine!)

Hey Val, as an Eternal Topless would we retain our abilities in out of the Gravity Well form, or atleast the durability of it?

Speaking of Sonic.

Transformers?
Medabots?
Digimon?

Probably not, no.

Well DCEU has Cyborg, with what flesh you have being just a tiny bit on your face plate which you can just rip off. Not sure if it counts for your chain desu.

Dragonball Z has Android which lets you choose to be built as a fully mechanical one from the ground up, plus it has the Big Gete Star chip.

m-masaka

God damn it that's fucking cool.
I'm jealous of all this great art you make for others.

So in order to successfully waifu Azana, I have to be more heroic than that guy.

Bahahahaha, that's very lewd and very saved.

I'm glad to hear it, hopefully I can hasten my writing for it a bit.

Glad to hear it. That's okay, I think I've used that one once or twice when my normal name was unavailable.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I knew this was coming! Saving it anyway but still.

Blade Runner
Asura's Wrath, kinda

Alright, thank you for the help Val.

This is amazing.

Do I even need to say it, OAA?

>Pic
I refuse to believe those are actual birds. Their proportions seem so wrong.

Stop being jealous, Val.

Do you enjoy being wrong?

>I refuse to believe those are actual birds. Their proportions seem so wrong.

Don't look up owls without feathers, it'll break your mind.

I know, right? But it still fits.

I'm not sure if my original post made it clear, so I shall say it now. Thank you very much, this is a very impressive edit.

Sure.

You're welcome.

Okay so it's someone just as bad.

Red with a Knuckles head?

Yeah, the potoo is a strange bird. That's the most normal-looking it gets.

I don't know, you're almost as big of a fat, useless drama-queen as that asshole.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're just OAA trying to escape his shitty reputation by hopping to another name.

You need to be so heroic you turn into an Elder God!

So I'm almost finished with these FUCKING SCENARIOS and I run into Yet Another Snag.

As I was writing them, it occurs to me that there is a bit of crossover in what I had planned, and perhaps not enough justification for how each of the backgrounds can involve themselves in each situation.

Should I ignore this, and let each jumper figure out how he manages to get things done? Or maybe I should have a single scenario that's big and flexible enough that any background can play around in it, in their own preferred manner?

So far, I have three.
A Magus gets greedy, keeps an STC for himself and sets off a civil war among the magi. You have to steal it. STC reward.
War story, the forge world invades/is invaded and you eventually find yourself in control of a titan group. Titan reward.
Really, really, really big space hulk appears. crawling with nasty things. Ark Mechanicus reward.

I do think that compressing things into the space hulk scenario and letting someone choose how they approach it and pick their reward might be easier and make more sense. What do you think?

Behold, the Puffbirds, Order Piciformes, Family Bucconidae

>Should I ignore this, and let each jumper figure out how he manages to get things done?

I think this is best

>War story, the forge world invades/is invaded and you eventually find yourself in control of a titan group. Titan reward.
Titans should be available in jump, give a titan group or something like an Emperor Class Titan for a scenario.

>I should have a single scenario that's big and flexible enough that any background can play around in i
I think this is a better idea

>Spoiler
Why...why did you say that? You must have known I couldn't stop myself from doing it once you said it.

They look like underfed chickens, and their heads good god their heads should not have so many ridges. Their eyes stare into your soul.

>the potoo is a strange bird
Every member of Order Caprimulgiformes is freaking strange, from the Frogmouth (pic related) to even oilbirds and hummingbirds.

Yeah, Hummingbirds are in the same order as Potoos and Whippoorwills. That's genetics for yah

Is it going to build a wall?

youtube.com/watch?v=aa11arT_wvI
Best chase scene your jumpers been in?

>You know, I’ve had a lot of jobs: boxer, mascot, astronaut, imitation Krusty, baby proofer, trucker, hippie, plow driver, food critic, conceptual artist, grease salesman, carny, mayor, drifter, bodyguard for the mayor, country western manager, garbage commissioner, mountain climber, farmer, inventor, Smithers, Poochie, celebrity assistant, power plant worker, fortune cookie writer, beer baron, Kwik-E-Mart clerk, homophobe and missionary, but protecting Springfield, that gives me the best feeling of all
How does Jumper's resume compare to Homer Simpson's?

>You must have known I couldn't stop myself from doing it once you said it
>You must have known I couldn't stop myself
>You must have known
Why do you think I said it?

Fun fact, Owls are unable to move their eyes in their own orbits. That's because of a special bone knows as the Schlerotic Ring.

All birds possess the Schlerotic Ring, though most of the time the Schlerotic Ring is flat and resembles an onion ring. In owls however, the Schlerotic Ring is actually funnel-shaped and squeezes around the eye, prevent them from.movinf their eyes in their sockets. Hence why owls constantly bob their heads around and are able to move their heads on a 275° axis, it's to make up for their inability to move their eyeballs

>Red likes the shop
We often use Aqua to represent Red bullying. But maybe Red has more in common with Darkness?

Lets see...
>Apartment manager
>Professional gamer
>Imaginary friend
>Mafia boss

And then I was so rich I stopped needing jobs.

And thats before becoming the crown prince/ss of [Insert Nation Here].

...Commendable flying Satan.

Val.

Valvalval.

Why do you hate me. Why so few drawbacks.

Why do I like the second 300 the most.

Originally had another three but I wasn't very happy with them and there's not much to buy from here anyway.

Y'know, since I mentioned them, I'll talk more about them.

This is the Oilbird of South America. They live in caves and on rocky outcroppings, are nocturnal, and eat fruit. They are unique amongst all the birds because they navigate in the dark via echolocation, much like a bat. Except unlike a bat their squeaking and chirping can be heard by humans.

Truly a majestic creature

If you had the Groovin Magic perk, would your love for NuBee make you strong enough to defeat a Busty Babe?

Ehehe, weeeell, I dunno about thaaat. I totally think it would!

I am pleasantly surprised and happy that you enjoy my edit that was done to bully you.

Reminder to let me know if there are any pics you want edited. I don't have many pics on my computer that fit the tone of ones like that.
Well...not ones that I can post here.

>Main Chain
>Antiquities dealer, professional pirate, spice merchant, farmer, bodyguard, hit man, public relations consultant, human resource manager, professional athlete, merchandising consultant, hardware sales associate, repairman, handyman, part time waiter, busker, ronin, live-in nanny, teacher, part-time criminal, volunteer worker.

I think that's everything.

>Accountant
>Reality Show Contestant/Prostitute/Maid
>Janitor
>Castaway
>Police Ranger
>Bodyguard/Babysitter
Homer still got me beat, I guess.

Puffbirds are native to South America and Mexico, such as this Collared Puffbirds from Peru. Sadly, they would not be the kind to make America great again

Well, if you are willing to take a request, I wouldn't mind seeing pic related changed up.

I wonder what types of birds NuBee and Red would be

Photoshop user I summon thee, could you edit this so Red is driving the robot instead of just Eggman?

I've actually made it a side goal to take and master a new profession with each jump. Especially after I got my first cloning ability. After 700 jumps my resume would be the equivalent of TTS Kitten's name.

Pigeons.

Red would be a crow, if only because of all the shiny things to take.

Let's see. In order, I've been...
>Pokemon Trainer, Soldier of Aurora, Rescue team leader, soldier, Spectre, Marine, soldier, retired soldier, gang member/gang leader, mercenary, tournament fighter, mercenary, tournament fighter, monk/soldier, mercenary, assassin, bounty hunter, giant guardian monster, Gamer, Supreme Being.
And that's it so far.

Only like three of those are actually jobs.
The rest are basically fancy hobbies.

I'll tell you what kind of bird I am.

Stellaris

Disgusting, but interesting knowledge. Thanks user!

I try to keep that in mind but it feels weird to ask that of people. I think I'll go to try and find something now actually since this is a fun mood. No promises on making it back any time soon.

I don't have bird themes most of the time so I wouldn't be able to say. Usually if wings are involved it's either bats or bees. I think the only time otherwise would have been when I went as a Raven Witch in Soul Eater?

There's more to Corvidae than crows. Take, for example, this Rufous Treepie.
Also, Jays are also Corvids

Would you prefer a species of Waxwing instead? Or how about a Tanager? Redwinged Blackbird is also popular. Or perhaps an Redchested Grosbeak or Medowlark? Or you prefer the classic Robin or Cardinal?

Jumps with good purification perks or items

I remember the last time we had this conversation we decided that Red was a greenwing macaw. For the red coloration, vanity, and love of taking things apart to see what's inside them.

Jump 3: Power Rangers Zeo
Origin: Drop-In (Two perks/items discounted on Power Ranger things, see Sixth Ranger drawback)
Perks:
Right Time and Place
Convenient Excuse [1500]
Secret Identity [1300]
Let's Go Gigantic [1000]
Guided By Power [900]
Hurry Up! [700]
Big Bang Buster [500, discounted]
Last Chance Attempt [200, discounted]

Items:
Symbol of Your Origins
Zeo Crystal Shard & Zeonizers
Power Staff [0]

Drawbacks:
Sixth Ranger
Bulk and Skull
Competent Enemies [1300]
Rival Villains [1600]

War has changed.

The battle against Dr. Hades and the reinvigorated forces of Rita Repulsa and Zedd was nothing like a monster of the week show. Angel Grove was leveled repeatedly in the many battles. Oddly enough, this eventually turned the Abandoned Warehouse district into a booming real estate zone by virtue of the fact every other section of the city was being destroyed on an almost monthly basis. Me and Al were thrown into a war of good versus evil and we had to learn FAST how to do this properly. Al would learn how to use Zordon's technology and the Morphing Grid, constructing Remote Zords to compensate for my initial lack of a team. Things got slightly easier when I rescued and recruited the rangers. It got much worse when Zedd and Tommy Oliver showed up at the same time, with the latter starting on the side of evil (as he does). My cyborg body got a fair share of upgrades as I took a lot of physical, spark-filled beatings.

After what looked like the final battle, Zedd and Rita would finally retreat. Dr. Hades followed them, vowing revenge. We couldn't secure the journal, but I was so exhausted and battle-worn by that point I couldn't bring myself to care. The long war looked over. I would be staying in one of the Abandoned Warehouses up until I got evicted for them to build the New Angel Grove Mall.

>ohgodwhatthefuck.jpg

The town would return to its former prosperity - even with all the massive collateral damage, they had a high esteem for the mysterious Masked Ranger and allies who defended the city when no one else could. Everything was nice and wrapped up and all I had were the memories of the war that had raged for years.

And then everything changed when the Machine Empire attacked.

Second verse, same as the first - assemble a team of Rangers (again), defeat monster attacks (again), get upgraded over and over (again), SQUEAK OUT A FUCKING VICTORY AFTER A LONG AND THANKLESS BATTLE ONLY FOR THE CHICKENSHITS TO RUN AWAY. WELL NOT THIS TIME ASSHOLE. I STRAPPED A FUCKING ROCKET TO MY MOTORCYCLE FOR JUST THIS OCCASION
>"Buddy no."
BUDDY YES

So that's how I slammed tire-first into the escape ship of none other than Dr. Hades. He uh...looked different from the insecure intern he was at Shocker. He had the bearded old man look, was missing an eye, and had a literal cyborg body that was infused with some sort of energy. I know there was energy involved because he used lightning on me like a fucking Sith Lord. He went on and on about how I had ruined his life and drove him out of the glory he deserved in Shocker, and now he had gone on to surpass the Great Leader and blah blah blah MONOLOGUE MONOLOGUE. I power on and use Charge Up to tank the damage and hit him with just as much. So it turned into a duel between a broken-down cyborg and an old science man. I had him cornered. Then...he held up the journal. I hesitated.

He destroyed the journal in front of me, and quoted Moby Dick for good measure. “I spit my last breath at thee, user.” He said before slamming his fist down on the self-destruct button of the ship, but not before sending it towards the sun before beginning the countdown. Was only saved in the nick of time by a timely teleport from Al.

I tell him the bad news.

>Pic
>Please Human, kill me.
That is all I can see when I look at it. It just looks so depressed.

We had won the battle. Dr. Hades was dead...at least, for now. Villains like him have a funny habit of coming back. But our only ticket home died with him. Until we found a way to turn off the device or phenomenon sending us on the chain...this conflict wouldn't be over just yet.

Tonight, Angel Grove will sleep peacefully. People will go home to their families, talk to their friends, experience companionship and love. But there is no one waiting for me. No one who even knows I am gone. For Buddy, there is only the eternal battle against Shocker Ultra, and the evil they-
>"Hey user, check it out! A truck full of Pop Tarts crash-landed across the street! There's mountains of boxes for the taking!"
OH FUCK YES POP TARTS

>OH FUCK YES POP-TARTS
Goddammit Heavens you magnificent bastard.

This is the Bee Hummingbird. It is the world's smallest species of hummingbird, being only 1.95 grams and 2.2 inches long. Females are slightly bigger

>Females are slightly bigger.
The math checks out.

What does Star Wars do best, technology-wise? I know the hyperdrive is pretty fast, as far as galactic transport goes.

Sounds right to me

....This is gonna take a bit but.

>King-Consort, Shogun, Rogue, Game Master, Warlord, Overlord, Caesar, Pro Hero, Bounty Hunter, Seiten Taisei, Second Lieutenant, Guardian of the Planet Tegris, Master of the Al Miraj school of martial arts, Grand Knave, ultimate one of Polaris

and a couple dozen variants of "chosen one", "hero" and any other fancy titles for "That person what killed those bad guys"

Looking back on that chain I was basically really strong homeless guy for most of it, huh.

>I was basically really strong homeless guy for most of it, huh.
PCs in a nutshell

How do you feel about the fact that NuBee utterly sodomized your Breath of the Wild "jump" with a mere WIP?

Things aren't all bad for the Tawny Frogmouth.
For example, this guy just found out his players are going to ignore the main plot hooks in order to legalise gay marriage