To those overreacting about the JtMS unban:

To those overreacting about the JtMS unban:

'Member when Yugioh unbanned their "boogeyman" and everyone panicked that the sky was falling, and everything turned out to be completely fine?

Dramatic shifts in the yugioh meta don't matter as much because everyone just steals all their cards

Shit comparison. Try unbanning Graceful Charity instead.

>Compares JtMS to Graceful Charity

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

You're right, JMS is way more game warping.

Yeah but yugihoes suffers from being japanese and is power creeped to fuck.
Jace is still as playable as he was 6 and a bit years ago.

>everything turned out to be completely fine?
I remember Chaos decks being T1 until it was outcreeped and FuFu got banned.

Indeed. Yugioh is a shit game that can't deal with the idea of a single card going +1 even though most of the archtypes do it anyway.

And at that time the format wasn't filled with hyper aggressive aggro strategies and combo decks that can consistantly win on turn 3.

BLS is a beatstick. JtMS is the entire Lantern deck in 1 card.

JtMS is a graceful...

every turn.

Actually, that's a lot more closer of a comparison. Jace is a free brainstorm each turn (or fateseal/unsummon) and graceful charity might as well be Yugioh's brainstorm.
It's a much better comparison than a free 3k beater/banish removal on a stick

Not even a beatstick. Usually just a big wall that exiles dudes.

Wrong. His +2 is the entire Lantern deck in 1 card, and that's not even his best ability! Let that sink in.

When it got unbanned in 2011 it managed to help shit up the 2012 format with chaos dragons until the rest of the deck got hit, and by 2013 E-dragons and Spellbooks changed the game and it has been shit ever since

What I 'member is that CED was the real boogeyman and BLS was a great card that ended games but not to the degree of CED and so BLS kind of rode its coattails.
And CED is still banned.

who /goat format/ here?

Yata Chaos is best retro format

i just started playing magic this weekend (played ygo, hearthstone and pokemon before)

but what exactly makes JtMS so overpowered? i can see the draw engine for 0 cost being somewhat powerful but thats about it.

He's able to control the draw of both yourself and your opponent as well as function as a win condition.

I don't think a lot of M:tG players will remember what happened in an entirely different card game most of them never played.

Yata lock is fucking cancer.

Most decks are archetype based now (typically of one attribute and very xenophobic) and have better bosses that are either easier to summon and/or more powerful.

For example, Dino Dolls can slide in a BLS with minimal work, but why bother when you have Ultimate Conductor Tyranno? UCT can do things during your opponent's turn, hits like a fucking truck in the middle of Europe, and just needs 2 dinos of any attribute to go off. And it's a level 10 so you can just straight up fuck the shitter who though playing Qlis in 2018 was a good idea. Or just eat through 90% of the current field.

Many decks can Link ladder up to a Borreload Dragon too, so you have big bosses doing things during your opponent's turn. Assuming you don't otk with the bosses because Lord knows your opponent has a kaiju ready to go on their turn.

Yugioh is wildly different from mtg, where each deck has 5-13 force of wills. And konami is going to make handtraps literal, it's pretty obvious they're going the "you can activate this trap card during your opponent's turn from your hand by paying [COST]" route with trap cards. I wouldn't be shocked if they put that as master rule 5 at this point. Or introduced a new trap card type that activates from hand.

this whole time im over here reading all the messages trying to figure out what YGO card JtMS is, but then I finally figured out, its some gay ass MTG card.

black luster soldier gave the world chaos plants when it got unbanned