reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/6htql3/zs_5_boneripper_assembled_and_painted/
youtu.be/ZA2wSe86DJU
youtube.com/watch?v=4UNAjik9S80
1d4chan.org/wiki/WIP#Assembly
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As long as it is as detailed I don't care

Thanks for starting part 2 of my thread

np, user.

I dont like how small alpharius catalogue is.

Fuck GW

I recently made an order with Z.
finding Alpharius and ccon's emails was too much of a hassle.
Ordered Farsight and some space marines.
What to expect, guys?

My order

>Rank
CCON < Other guy whos name i cant remember but he is the only one that casts Battlefleet< Z

>Is it worth it
Depends on the piece, for forge world shit? Absolutely, titans and such hell yeah, i got a reaver with full weapons and you would never know its a china cast. They just require more work.

>China, or RU
Never bought RU but china seems good

Ugh Z's casts are poop, order a vehicle get terrain

I'd love to, but GW games are pissing me off atm and I just can't be fucked dealing with the process of finding and ordering.

Fml i'm lazy these days.

I basically buy recast for FW and Finecast.
I’m not paying full price for shitty resin products.

It seems that all the decent recasters are outta the game. Even Z is nearly impossible to correspond with.

He Who Shall Not Be Named >> Alpharius > Coolcast >>> Sylvia White >>>>> Z

Going by a combination of price, quality, catalog size, growth, and ease of communication

Help a bro out, I tried ordering at Z's last sale after being out of the scene for ages and got back nothing. Not sure if he was just busy and ignoring some emails or if the address I've got are just well out of date. Are his idk or nobz emails still live?

Wait, are you saying that z > ccon?
Thats a typo, right?

Nigga is always busy.

>He Who Shall Not Be Named
Is that the actual sellers name?

Z has thanquol and boneripper costing less when ordered seperately. Anyone know why? I need to know before ordering!!!!

either that, or can Veeky Forums tell me the best thanquol and boneripper recaster please

Take it to reddit.

so idk and nobz are still alright? Guess I'll just keep trying then.

it's just a weird anomaly. It's been pointed out to Z but he clearly isn't really fussed so hasn't changed it. There was a whole yoyhammer thread about it, a guy took a chance just to see if it was for real and sure enough a Boneripper showed up, guess like every other recast you pays your money and roll the dice for $5 it's not a bad bet.

I was mainly wanting to get it so I can magnetize it (dont even need the whole mini desu), so even if most of it is bad it might be fine. Will probably order it soon then (unless Veeky Forums can recommend a better recaster for boneripper, i dont mind paying more for better chance at quality)

reddit.com/r/yoyhammer/comments/6htql3/zs_5_boneripper_assembled_and_painted/

What are your thoughts on posting in a 40k general instead of making a new thread? 30 threads related to that shit hobby are enough.

Do any recasters have Mangler Squigs or a Tau Orca?

CCON has somehow managed to replace 20 guardsman torsos with 50 heads, and a sentinel with a Valkyrie.

$10 Valkyrie best Valkyrie.

Just assembled a squad of Death Korps Rough Riders and a Death Rider Commissar from Miranda Irene. Aside from the usual mold lines the only issue was a few funny bumps on a horse's chest which were easily scrapped away. Pretty nice quality overall.
Definitely worth it considering the commissar isn't available from Forge World and how ridiculously expensive regular riders are.
Speaking of shit not being available, is there any caster with a decent Gorgon? I've heard most are pretty fucking shit.

BUMP

I need 3 of em for my Militia

So i found this site called mirandairene and they have a Leman Russ primarch model for 25 bucks. Is this legit? Ive only recently heard of recasts

see Yes, they're legit, and yes they've got decent recasts from what I've ordered.
Just reply to their order confirmation e-mail with your paypal account/shipping address and you'll get it in a month.

Chinese New Year starting means you'll be waiting longer than that.

ill just order at the end of new year celebrations then. I just got a new job that pays much better, so i can have some more cash by that point anyways

Got some bfg ships off Irene's Aliexpress store, stuffs perfect.

Question. I got some recast stuff recently mainly because the model itself is no longer sold by GW/FW. im planning on using it in a gw store but is there any visible way they can tell that it is a recast? weight maybe. it will be painted so i guess material color wont matter.

On average, how is the price of chinamen/slav recasters compared to GW? I don't care about playing, I just want to paint without selling organs on the black market.

Depends on the mini and recaster. Named characters trend $10, while GW has been scalping at $16-$30.

But you can get $300 kits for $70.

GW pricing is generally “how much do you want this”, charging less for redshirts and triple for elite troops that are wanked in lore. Recasters charge for plastic and mold complexity.

So I only just started painting and how is painting resin minis compared to plastic? Much softer I'd assume.

Painting is the same.

You have to be careful stripping paint. Lean towards weaker stuff, like Simple Green.

The hardest part is cleaning and gapfilling.

ALWAYS REMOVE MOLD LINES FROM ANY MODEL IN ANY MATERIAL, NO EXCEPTION.

youtu.be/ZA2wSe86DJU

The biggest thing with resin is prepping the models for painting. It'll take a little more set-up time, but the models can look fantastic if you treat them well. If you can "paint by numbers" you're already set in that regard.
Give Duncan's video a watch. youtube.com/watch?v=4UNAjik9S80
tl;dw
>Lightly wash/scrub resin to remove release agent
>Clip, file, and scrape down excess mold lines. Take your time looking for them.
>Use super glue, not plastic glue.

>Use super glue, not plastic glue.
difference? I have some hobby lobby instant drying stuff but no super glue on hand.

Plastic glue melts plastic to bond it together. It doesn't work on resin.

In that case, Mr. Quads, I'm safe becasue this shit doesn't melt it just sticks. I can attested to that with having to scrape the stuff off my fingers with a scalpel.

Then it's probably superglue.

I- I knew that

Don't go to a GW store with it. It's not worth the risk of being banned.

Any Cyano Acetate glue will form bonds, Polystyrene Cement will melt plastics. Both have similar effects on your skin.

Read up on glue here.

1d4chan.org/wiki/WIP#Assembly

GW managers are on the lookout for this sort of stuff these days and basically spend all day looking at miniatures so they would notice if it is misshapen or looks off. You will for sure get questions and maybe even require proof of purchase for OOP/FW stuff depending on how anal the staff is.

Thanks. Looked on the bottle shit's just superglue.

none - most recasters do as good or better of a job than FW at casting quality and QC, and FW resin has varied a lot in color over time as well. if you mean a recast of a model that would normally be plastic or metal, weight might be a factor, but i doubt anyone would notice if they arent playing the game for you/manhandling your units

Squatted minis and recasts count as non-GW minis. Asshole managers can of course kick you out no matter what if they want, but according to GW policy you can use the models in their stores for casual games but not tourneys.

>my dad's uncle's friend had his local redshirt scratch the paint off his warhound to see if it was a recast!

no one is going to carry around POP for every unit in their army

Can anyone hook me up on alpharius and Ccon emails?

Not all stores are like that and many don't allow any non-gw models or parts at all.

I understand your frustration but that's what is happening these days since recasting so rampant.

no it actually isn't

Z is thoroughly OK.
>t. bought entire Deldar/clown army from him

>if I say it isn't happening then it isn't happening
ok

This isn't happening. Been to my store multiple times with recasts fuck off. not every red shirt is the same. some just don't give a fuck, they aren't some hivemind entity. find a new store with less pedantic faggots maybe you dumb cunt?

I even showed a (poorly) recast forgeworld horus to a red shirt and he said hey cool conversion to which I said, yeah i think it was a recast, it was a second hand purchase off ebay. He literally said/did nothing.

And I bought thousand sons rubrics, exalted, and scarabs. I threw 90% of them away. He's shit.

ITT: Poorfags

yeah, kinda... also for people who like to get their hands on OOP stuff.

I buy phone cases and plasticard from them but I have to wonder what will happen when these independent Chinese companies gain enough money to rival their own country.

Or just people who would have been buying from GW in the first place if their prices weren't pants-on-head retarded.

It's called the free market, son. Competition between to product vendors is good for the consumer, even if it is competition between a legitimate company and in illicit one.

A half dozen of my friends have brought up, at one point or another, that they'd have built a Warhammer army if it wasn't for the prices. Such a goddamn shame. For every person who gets into the hobby there's at least a handful more who are driven away by cost alone.
There's a sweet spot for this kind of thing and GW has definitely not hit it.

>same tired price arguments again
>completely ignoring cheaper ways into the hobby like ebay or the big box sets
>also ignoring the hobby aspect and focusing only on the game
You want a video game or a board game, not a miniatures wargame. GW products were never for you.

I buy the OOP models or those exclusive that I couldn't get my hands on like the SM captains or the Terminator Chaplain.

I only have one experience with recasters and it was a good one. I ordered a Basilisk, a Lightning and two Malanthropes, as well as a Barracuda and a Y'vahra for a friend. When the models arrived, the cast was perfect (it was from CCON).

Pic related, one of my Malanthropes. He even sent instructions for the bigger stuff, which I was very surprised by.

So, the only way to get those tasty recasters catalogs and emails is thugh reddit?
The irony....

Dunno if you're still around, but how long it'd take you to get your stuff from her? I ordered almost an entire month ago and the tracking still says it's in China. I'm not that worried about it, just curious.

Not the same user, but when I ordered from them, the tracking never updated. It probably is on the way, don´t worry.

Sent a message to Alpharius asking for his email
Wish me luck, bros

Generals are a cancer on this board

Is buying from Alpharius afilliates the same as buying from Alpharius?
Like, email, quality, etc
Can someone explain it to me, please?

Its Recast in general, not just 40k, although I admit it is mostly 40k.

So, the age old question:

How do u get contact info from Z when you're new to the game?

Digging around reddit didn't yield anything.

Anyone know of recasters that do LOTR/Hobbit miniatures?

Z has quite a bit, and mysforge has some, but wondering if there are anyone else?

I really hate that you have to dance around to find recasters or be part of a clue to get in contact with a decent one, all I want is some OOP parts and I'm too retarded to find good recasters or I have to buy loads of things I don't want to be able to prove that I'm legit to the super secret club good recasters to be allowed to order from them.

Google
>site:reddit.com/r/yoyhammer Z contact
You should find it in no time

Yeah, I hate that too.
Fuck you, GW

That's the way it has to be, else they would be shut down immediately. If you want them you need to play the long game.

It takes a lot of patience to get in with recasters. Some more than others. I've been waiting my turn and hoping to be reached out to by a certain recaster that is exclusive to /recastreviews for over a year now.

How exactly do recasters get shut down in China though?

They don't. Some websites have been taken down but operations from Chinese recasters continue.

Why do you have to jump through hoops to be able to order from them then?

Because some people don't want the websites to be taken down I would suppose. A lot of recasters only require that you know their email to order from them, but some actually do require you to be invited to their site.

With half of them, you don't. I know five or six working through websites, two more through aliexpress and several more though email and/or reddit.

OK, I've had enough of it. After searching for few hours I still don't have neither CCoN nor Z's contact info. CCoN supposed to have website but it seems to be down. I had found some other recasters however, It seems no one else apart from Z has garangutan squiggoth.

So if any user would be kind and help me it would nice.Here is my mail: [email protected]

And why the heck there is no email field anymore. Damn you Hiro.

Who have you found? Emails or websites?

Email, only sylviawhite and its not hard as she is active on yoyhammer and you can directly message her about info.

Website wise wartablegaming, cheap n fast and miraneirdene all have websites.

I did buy from wtg deimos rhino and quality was afwull, it was miracle that I did put it together anyway, my friend got meka dread and it was OK quality.

I have a horribly warped recast valkyrie here, do I need to do the hot water thing to bend it back to shape, or is that going to give me even more cancer than just opening the bags did?

Not sure this is true given the fact that the first return is a thread about how you shouldn't share his email and most of the rest are about not sharing his email and the only email I could see listed is on the step by step guide an is a minimum of 3 years old and no longer in use. Unless you can confirm that it's still in use recently as you've used it, cause I've had no luck.

Hot water is what you want to do. A hairdryer could work as well.

The one who has not to be spoken off...who knows more of him? I'm curious(right now i know every recaster on market, except him

[Spoiler][email protected]

Fuck

Shill please go

It's Z man right?
also thank you user

This thread wasnt educational at all

It's a secret.

that was the email I used to get an order from him in october, sent an email in jan and never got one back from this one but people said he's been busy and to try again

Wtf