Attack Animals for Fantasy and Survival Settings

My fellow fa/tg/uys I come to you with a humble request. I'm trying to add some domesticated attack animals to the various raiders, bandits, and guard groups in my setting. I've statted out various attack dogs, attack foxes, and attack hares already, but I need images of these things looking dangerous, charging, attacking people, or equipped with gear of some kind.

I'd really appreciate any help with attack animal images, as well as other ideas for attack animals.

Also to be clear I of course don't advocate the deliberate encouraging of animal violence in real life but it's a fantasy game and in such settings it's just a great idea for many groups.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Vqs2ZOOirk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Boars.
Ferrets.
Trained raptors.
Battle tortoises with shell mounted chainsaws...

Use the dogs from The Goddamned.

Odds are the best you're going to manage is a tamed one unless you're using dogs.

Definitely boars.
Another option, however, is ANTS.

Usually if they're scaled up I seem them at dog size, but I think rat sized would be much scarier. This way they can still crawl all over you and get in your armor/clothing (or worse).

Any pics of attack bulls?

Don't make your players kill dogs. I hate when we have to fight dogs

ROUS
Giant Kittens
Ravens
Rainclouds
Poison Oak bushes in pots with wheels on them
Parrots
Elephants
Baboons
Wives
Squids
Chimps
Potatos
Corn
Rice
Onions
Cows
Pigs
Sheep
Chickens
Peacocks
Roses
Llamas
Alpacas
Policemen
Horses
Ducks
Swans
Geese
Zebras
Eels
Trout

>onions
The horror.

probably too distinct but contributing

>attack hares
would that even work?

attack pigs.
I've seen pigs eat a man.

But I've seen men eat pigs more

I love it. What's the accuracy modifier?

Not what I was expecting when I clicked. Well done.

about +2 (it's self guiding)

This
Boars were considered one of the most dangerous animals to hunt for a reason

>attack hares

Cassowary.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Vqs2ZOOirk

Dogs are almost the only animal man has ever used for this purpose. There are reasons for that. Just use dogs as mankind has all over the world in large numbers for thousands and thousands of years.
They're extremely perceptive (and light sleepers) so they will notify their humans of they detect an intruder. They can potentially be trained to detect traps like modern bomb dogs as well. They can be used to track their humans' enemies if necessary. They can even carry packs or pull small carts. Dogs have a lot of uses and other dumb attack animals should be ignored for them. Give dogs the respect they deserve.
If you want variety, just add in "modified" dogs the same way orcs are "modified" humans. Think things like Fallout 4's mutant hounds and ghoul mongrels.

Skeletal doggo

In case you needed a reminder why you don't want to get bitten by a doggo

>but you can't scale up dogs to challenge stronger PCs

The Tibetan mastiff; an animal which can seem more like a bear or a demon than the dogs us westerners are familiar with

Derp, forgot pic

If you can scale up humans, you can scale up dogs

>I've statted out various attack dogs
Have you stated a Kangal?

Mountain lion

>using big cats to hunt boar

I kinda like this idea

>Cultists of Yeenoghu

Dumping select pictures from my war doggos folder

Don't forget doggos can also be used as messengers or to run things like telegraph wire!

Literally the perfect adventuring companion

Who needs a healer when you have dog?

You're high. A simple Google search tells me you're wrong. Horses, rats, pigs, even elephants have been used as autonomous attacking forces. Step up dummy.

Horses, rats, pigs, and elephants were used very rarely because they really didn't work out that great.
Dogs were used long before them and are still used today as military working animals. The only other animal I can think of that even comes close in use (historical or otherwise) would probably be the horse, which deserves an honorable mention.

I've actually never seen a HMG-armed dog sled. That's awesome.

Welcome to falconry motherfucker.

Attack kitten!

Attaaaack kitten!

D' y'like dags?

Hyenas raised by hand from pups are surprisingly biddable for wild animals and, as an apex predator, EXTREMELY dangerous.

Baaang

Giant mantis, those are scary

The biggest problem with this kind of thing is that players get attached to their animal pals, which are usually more fragile than their player character, and get really bummed out when they inevitably get horribly murdered, usually moreso than if their character was killed. So for that reason I usually only let players have combat pets if they let me give them The Talk first. Other than that, there's mechanical and magical/familiar animals that you don't have to worry as much about dying which tend to make a good alternative.

>What is elephantry?
>Bat bombs and incendiary sparrows.

I call those very rarely used things in very few areas. Meanwhile, dogs have been with us for 15,000 to 30,000 years, helping us defend our territory, hunt our food, and numerous other activities all around the world.

Oh, and for comparison, horses were domesticated about 5,500 years ago.

Trained apes
Tamed bears
Falcons
Llamas (seriously)
Cheetahs
Lions
Goats
Snakes
Monitor lizards