/mgr/ - Monster Girl Realm Worldbuilding

Holy Festivals Edition

Previous thread:

Where we talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them.
>THIS ISN'T KCs MGE CANON, SO STOP ASKING

Home of the as of yet un-named Veeky Forums Monstergirl RPG.
It's work-in-progress "rulebook" can be found here:
>piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Newer and Updated Monster Girl RPG handbook.
>i.4cdn.org/tg/1518143769411.pdf

Dungeon World Angel Class done by user.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

What Celebrations do you think would happen in Order lands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PEXB_Ewjmsk
youtube.com/watch?v=DOmKuH6WMNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Chief God Protects

I like the idea of coming up with holidays.

A sacred werebunny fertility festival is Co-opted by human culture to revere the trials of the saints due to its popularity amongst folk religion practitioners.

Guide to success and happiness
1. Find Insect Princess
2. Marry and impregnate Insect Princess
3. Have big happy Insect family
4. Subjugate the other insects and carve out your Kingdom from the realms of man

Rowaboat girlymane?

Unless you have a gang of these raiding your hive.

Do all bees become monstergirls or only the queens?

Monstrous bees got turned into monsters monsters. Normal bees are still just bees.

We need to work on domesticated teddy bears.

Just look out for the spurdos though.

The what’s?

There's a board for you autists, I suggest you use it

Sabbath a best

I'm struggling with The Stains of Time. I just don't know what to change even though there's so much unintentional innuendo to work with.
It's such a good song, though. I want to do it justice.

All Hail The God Chief!

>rules
> Lillith has linked DEX and CHA. Both her DEX and CHA are 3, so she'd roll 3d6 for both. If she
takes a Monster Feature relating to her DEX, she will have a +Monster Dice in DEX and a -Monster Dice
in CHA, resulting in her rolling 2d6+1d10 for DEX and 2d6+1d2 for CHA. This would be written as DEX
3+M and CHA 3-M respectively.

Holy shit you people are autistic as fuck. All this bad over-complicated design and still nothing that's unique to monstergirls. It's like you're trying to make a terrible d6 system while a good d6 system already exists.

>still no seduction/sexing/rape mechanic
>still no unique monsterization abilities bestowed PCs
>generic monster stat is boring as fuck

Given that they can morph parts of their body to copy metal objects, would it be practical to wear a live Shoggoth as a suit of armor?

Possible yes. Practical no.

Practical? Probably not unless you want to become a partially gelatinous horror. Will it make her happy? Yes.

Yes but it will slowly drive you mad

>Still no unique monsterization abilities
So what would you call Monster Features? If someone has a pair of wings, congrats, they have the narrative ability to fly - but that's not a mechanic, it's a narrative effect.

If I wanted a purely narrative game I could just make shit up on the fly using FATE and Risus.

If you want an actual game, with rules, then the stats and abilities should be entirely different (not some shitty d6 knockoff). There should be stats for things that are unique to the monstergirl genre and create new gameplay effects:

>Comfiness/Arrogance
>Lust/Frigidity
>Loyalty/Cheating
>Fertility (low/high)
>Hunger (low/high)
># and Type of Offspring
>etc.

Wings could provide a +1 to Comfiness, for example, when you waifu---err, monstergirl envelopes you in her rainbow-colored down feathers.

Use your imaginations better, guys.

>Libido
>Upkeep
>Prestige

I can't help but notice that 4 of those 6 stats are inherently sexual in nature.
What if - and hear me out - you DON'T want your game to revolve around sex? What if the concept of transformation, even in it's relatively simplistic form, is the draw? Or the fight against corruption and ones own passions, as is the case with the Corruption system? That you physically change to reflect how far gone you are, and that whilst this might make you stronger or give you unique abilities, it'll take something away as well?
You can say "Well I could use FATE", but by that definition we should all be using GURPS because it can theoretically do anything. Rules light systems exist, the RPG is one of them.

Beyond that, in the very early days, the game was envisioned as a d100 system that was more mechanically complex. If you wanted that, should have fought for it at the time.

>you DON'T want your game to revolve around sex?
Then just run D&D 5E with a Corruption stat added. Done.

Yes, my suggestions are based around sex, as that is the reason I'm interested in monstergirls and probably the reason most people are. It's an inherently sexual genre. Why are you reinventing the wheel if you just want a fantasy system with some occasional transformation? Why bother with a unique system at all if it's just a clone of D6 Fantasy + a Corruption stat?

I wasn't around earlier, so I have no idea what you guys discussed.

And if you want a system based around offspring, family, lust, pride, and maintaining faithfulness, modify Pendragon. With the exception of hunger I believe it tracks all the stats you mentioned.
Making the argument of "You can change a thing to make a thing you like" applies to everything. Again, we should all be using nothing but GURPS.

It might be the reason YOU'RE interested in Monstergirls, but that doesn't make it everyone's - the Paladin posting that turns up in these threads (especially in the earlier days) is proof positive of that.

Hell, you can make Bloodborne a "Monstergirl"game - make all the beasts female, give them the ability to have human intelligence and reasoning until they go completely feral, and that technically qualifies as a Monstergirl setting - just an especially grim one with a focus on losing yourself to that same beasthood and the requirement to hunt the Monsters. You could, theoretically, use the system to run such a Monstergirl setting too; because Monsters (both girls and boys if you want to include the latter) can be more than just wank material.

>D&D
My mistake for assuming you were serious about this.

Well, it looks like our goals for a "Monstergirl RPG" are completely different and at odds, so I'm off. But thanks for the Pendragon reference, I will look into that.

Is there a Bloodborne RPG or were you talking about the video game?

BEAR SHOCK!

Fair enough. Yay relatively civil discourse?

You're welcome. You might want to look into fan modifications for it's combat though, from my experience it basically turned into "Nobody is getting damaged until they get crit to death".

There's not a Bloodborne RPG as far as I'm aware, I meant the video game.

wouldn't the Dark Souls RPG system work?

There's a tabletop game of Bloodborne at least. Might be worth looking into that.

There are Dark Souls and Bloodborne RPG systems? I know there was a board game for Dark Souls that got released, I wasn't aware of an RPG. I said "as far as I'm aware" for a reason, I guess.

The bloodborne one is a card game sadly, asked a friend who bought it. We still have to give it a shot.

Been away for a while; we still smiting?

Smiting all the evil, saving what can be save, some times it surprises us what can be saved

A game for building a world

>Loyalty/Cheating
What's the point of having a stat that is always 10/10?

>Been away for a while; we still smiting?

If they are corrupt then yes and make sure to never hesitate

Smite the corrupt, by all means.
Depending on how long you've been away, the ability to smite in TTRPG format has moved to Alpha playtesting too, if smiting's what you're into.

>Again, we should all be using nothing but GURPS.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahano.

>Trusting a Danuki won't try to cheat you in a game of poker

t.Danuki

Anyone?
(bump)

youtu.be/PEXB_Ewjmsk

Wash away your anger

Here you stand in my soothing embrace
When I'm through with you it'll be your favourite place
Wash away your sorrows, give up on your mind
No more memories when I worm my way inside

In my arms and sinking deeper
Into a peaceful life

For I have come
To take away your pain
All those evil things
And I will not let up until you're free my dear
And I will stay
In your darkest days
Keep you warm and sheltered
And I will not let go I'll always hold you dear

Until who you once were has disappeared...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how good it is, but I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. Premise for the character of the song was a Monster who mind-wipes people with corruption because they genuinely believe they're helping people cope with bad things that happen to them. Possibly because she herself wishes she could forget something awful, depending on how tragic you want to go with it.

Virtual show of hands, who's more annoying?

MGR posters
Paladin posters

Waifuposters and corruptionfags.

Forgot about them.

In all seriousness, the corruption stuff is probably my least favorite mechanic in the game so far. At least the other three haven't added an unwieldy game mechanic of their own.

Has anyone worked on abilities and such for paladins? Might be neat to take a break from the girls.

It's an entirely optional mechanic in the Veeky Forums RPG. Can't speak to the other systems though.

Mechanically for one of the systems or in a worldbuilding sense?

>Mechanically for one of the systems or in a worldbuilding sense?
Yes

Bladewolf's Monster Girl Encyclopedia parody version:

###
>youtube.com/watch?v=DOmKuH6WMNQ

Born
Into a pack
There's no choice
But take orders to rape men

Locked up in my lust
I make love
But the lust still remains

Not content to stop fucking now
Being led by my decadence
Got to plan more love making
Time to fuck my man real hard!

Bringing out my virility
Nothing ventured -- nothing gained
I'm his master and wife now

Bearing the mark of my hickeys
Shedding cum underneath the stars
My man and I love each other!

Oooooooo
Oooooooo

Hear me howl

Time to tell everyone
I have human husband now!

I'm of the same mind both ways:
Nothing special. You're human, you can become skilled with words and weapons, but your abilities are the same things all humans have: adaptability and a stubborn refusal to ever give up or give in.
Humans can go to any biome, survive, and most of the time, thrive. We're applicable to many situations - even if one human can't, there's going to be a human that can, and we're very good at working together when we need to to make the most of our individual strengths. No matter the odds or what we might be up against, humans will keep trying - nothing can shake our resolve when we set our minds to something; even if individual people may break, the collective human spirit will not. It always comes back, and it always keeps going.
You do not need the gifts of gods or holy powers to succeed, son of man. That power resides in your very soul already.

Is that cliche as fuck? Yes. But I like that cliche.
"If just one man can stand tall
There must be some hope for us all
Somewhere... somewhere in the spirit of man."

As the DW guy, I have Corruption in my game, which is basically you roll to resist Corruption when exposed, roll 10+ you resist, roll 7-9, you resist but you'll take a -2 to the next resistance roll, and 6 and lower, you gain a point of Corruption and you replace one of your move with a MG move of the same level. But you can keep it or remove it. Same with the Lust mechanics.

These are Paladins were talking about. Stubborn, insufferable, God-fearing, on-their-knees-before-and-after-every-fight Paladins.

Not exactly the shining example of human ingenuity and adaptability.

That aside, they should be fleshed out enough to know how they work as an enemy class and a player class. Otherwise what's the point of Paladins beyond a narrative perspective?

Can they resist Lust and Corruption?

Well, Paladins probably have knowledge of battle, both participating and overseeing, with an emphasis on the former. They've also likely got most of their holy scripture memorised - and can proselytise it too, giving them at least some skill in talking to others to "bring them to the light".

I'd imagine they have resistance to both lust and corruption; their religion bids them to be chaste and deny such carnal desires, so in being the zealous type they'd follow that stronger than most people. As for corruption... Paladins have more sheer stubbornness and determination than most people by the nature of their lifestyle and vows, so they'd probably be able to shake off the actual effects of it if it got into them where most people wouldn't.

>Pinky isn't used to people being nice to her
>she isn't trying to hurt people, but she's still quite dangerous when she panics

Do you think demonic realms would promote monstergirl idols? Do you think that if a boy band were to the mg city, they would have to roll out the swat gear?

Yes and yes. I can still hear the screams.

Veeky Forums posters

The Demon Lord needs to placate the masses.

Also-

>monsters lack much of a literary tradition.
>what stories they have tend to not mesh well with modern values, emphasizing violence and death.
>what stories there are in human lands also tend not to mesh well with modern values, being very anti-monster and pro-god.
>so enterprising monsters of various stripes have taken liberties with the classics and epics around them, to instill the values of love to new generations of momstergirls.
>as a result monster literature is all shitty fan fiction.
>self insert stories
>university AUs
>fix fics
>comfort fics
>next-gen fics
>crossovers
>and shipping.
>lots and lots of shipping.
>the invention of the printing press has flooded the market with these stories.
>Monsters are vaguely aware these versions arent the ones humans are familiar with, but as far as they are concerned their versions are better than canon.

This is what I pulled from the official MGE wiki.

As for the literature and drama preferred by monsters, there is love and romance incorporated into everything from stories, to plays and autobiographies, and many of them have sex scenes. Monsters especially like the sort of thing where a tragic or unreasonable turn of events is overcome by a male hero, and monsters, and they finally have a lascivious happy ending. Many monsters are highly sensitive, and they're able to get absorbed in a story. They put themselves and their husbands in the role of hero and heroine, and empathize. At the same time they enjoy a story, they envision passionate trysts and sex almost like in the story.

Also picture books, etc. aimed at children are rife with indecent content. Shockingly, the monsters regard this as being good for the children's emotional development. Many stories that are heart-warming to the monsters are enjoyed among monster children such as the following: “A story where a quiet human girl oppressed by her family is lamenting because she will be unable to attend the ball at the castle, and then a mage suddenly appears and she has her change herself into a lascivious succubus. She then enjoys having sex with the prince at the ball until the spells wears off at 12 o'clock.” , “A story where a werewolf girl changes into a little girl in a red hood to trick the hunter man that is trying to hunt her, then rapes and imprisons him.”

Considering this, do you think monstergirls would actually tamper with history books has well?

>to this day, historians lament the loss of Lescatie's libraries, what few chronicles that returned from the tainted place made far too bawdy for public consumption

Hey, that's pretty good!
My planned theme was supposed to be how a "shower" (immature innuendo) of lust washes away all reasons to do anything else except fornicate. It would also sound more sinister and be about brainwashing and "one's name disappearing" to emphasize loss of one's true self. In other words it's about the transition from woman to monster girl.
My only major suggestion would be to change "Wash away your anger" with something else since precipitation or water seems to not be a theme in your song at all. I would change it instead with "Cast away the anger" or something related to body contact

(Also my intended gif.)

Yours is alright. I'm not a fan of the original song, but that's because I have a bias against wolves.

Only historical legends- or maybe there’s a genre of reimagining historic conquests by monsters with modern day monster girls.

Additionally-
>the Demon Lord made an official decree that any males face outside of intimate family portraits, are to be censored, for fear that lonely man crazed monsters will lock themselves away with their ‘husbandoes’ (a loan-word from Zipangu)

>Almost every male individual's exact physical appearance is known because their wives would commission countless portraits
>Tonnes of details over marriages, who children were and when they were born, additions to harems, and any romantic spats that took place. Daily intrigue is given tonnes of information
>Pretty much zero detail to wars besides very short blurbs like "Though the enemy force was greater, [individual] overcame them with tactical excellence". sometimes they even forget to say where, when or even who they were fighting
>

>Pages upon pages of court drama
>Entire journals, newspapers, everything
>Court drama. All of it. The politics of Monsterkind is one of the most well-documented pieces of history in the entire world.
>Social life is also relatively easy to construct an image for, historians do however have time filtering out "slice of life" fiction

>a lot of court drama is transcribed into Harem politics.

>Monster Fiction draws much from Zipangu fiction.
>loan-words such as echo, hentai, and the like are used to refer to certain genres.

Just imagine it. A War took place that was one of the biggest setbacks an empire has faced in hundreds of years
their manuscripts cover every single engagement in intense detail. Casualties are recorded down to the exact number, the cities destroyed are recorded. A small demonic force led by a demon in black armor astride a Bicorn. Several high class Paladins get utterly destroyed by a Minotaur berserker that the church insists must have been Satan themselves come to test the faithful. They are completely mysterious and unknown in human history before or after this event.

Meanwhile in the Monster kingdom the historical entry for beginning of war in monster history reads "My husband has told me he will venture out in some force to challenge the neighboring Kingdom off to the west. I have wished him safe conduct and swift return. He fancies this sort of business and my heart is certain he will come home soon. Before he left I prepared his favorite meal, a roasted lamb basted in...". Then he pretty much just drops out of demonic history for a few months aside from his wife's blurbs about how she "aches" for him, and a short essay on how finding an old unwashed scarf that smelt like him made her feel.

Then the entry at end of war "My husband has finally returned home, but he brings a Minotaur who he says proved herself in battle a hundred fold. I dislike her rude demeanor but she smells like fresh dew on the grass and has kind eyes. I believe she fancies my love, but I haven't decided whether to allow her into my darlings harem yet. The Minotaur's name is Daisy and she's clearly a virgin, hopeless at anything besides fighting. I asked her about her home a small village south of the Capital where they mostly grow..."

>Historians face when

wait are these what the anons here have been working on put on paper or is it just some other game or system that we could use in this one. I'm more of a lurker and come in from time to time so I'm not sure.

How heretical is Monster literature? Like your regular old every day heretical, or like super extra spicy heresy?

I think the funnier parts would be the monsters taking national heroes, and turning them into one-dimensional husbandoes.

Or the monsters turning one-note characters into the heroines, like a minor peasant from the first act, or just adding straight up new characters.

That cyoa was out longer that this general has existed for.

They probably have posters of Order Paladins on the walls

These threads have been going on for at least a week now and those were only posted a day ago. So it's not as much of a stretch. But I'll take that as no they're not correlated. I do hope that findings these have helped though.

>Pure maiden's face upon reading these

Depends on the specific monster culture. Like I could see bug girls actually being kind of objective because a lot of them act like they're too cool for feelings, so you'd get pretty much a perfect account of their husbando outside of little slip ups that showed how they feel. Meanwhile Succubi accounts would just be so ridiculously scandalous and focus mostly on the individuals fetish that it'd have ot be stricken from any respectable record. Aside from that thered be some very trustworthy sources like Mermaid tablets and Tengu scrolls since those types are pretty good at keeping it under their skirts.

What about Isekai genre? Stories focused on monsters (occasionally misunderstood or oppressed humans) dying and being sent into a science fiction world, typically featuring things like ‘automobiles’ and ‘smart phones’.

I suppose there are still scholarly monsters out there who could be relied on for mostly factual accounts and actual research.

What about consent fetishists? Would they publish stories like ‘the little maid that could’?

>can't have tragedies with actual tragic endings

Are high power monsters not available at character generation?

Tragicomedies? Have all the trappings of tragedy, it’s just there’s always a Deus ex machine to result in a happy end.

>deux sex machine to result in sex

I'd think you'd have tragic endings but they'd almost be universally open ended so that husbands could console their weeping wives that the two lovers totally found each other after the end of the play and lived happily ever and had tonnes of children.

Wait, do you think there's an entire black market to smuggling just pictures of men into a demonic realm?

Yes.

The Demon Lords commissioner of public morality regularly performs raids on NEET residences for such illicit materials, so they can force such pitiful beings out in the world making love to 3D men like the Demon Lord intended.

>The punishment is usually throwing said monster girl neet in with a guy neet and not let them out until they do the nasty.

While the first 24 hours typically consist of awkwardly looking at their feet, the rehabilitation rates are very high.

>They do one of the most indecent things in demon society to do publicly
>Hold hands

So, the current world is considered to be vast if the Poseidon lore is correct. With this in mind, there could be continents far away from the main conflict with humans and monsters. This separation from the Demon Lord could pacify them a bit more and dulling if not removing outright the rapey nature of them. There could even be the lack of demon realms. With humans also separated from the Order, they may not care as much if they don't have to worry about raids. Monster girls could still feel that urge to mate with humans, but they come to the conclusion being that human women want to have sex with men and thus put themselves into the same mentality. Depravity as well as puritanism would be far less prevalent and marrying a monster would be frowned upon by some but not entirely discouraged. The world would still be overwhelmingly human, but the monsters would emulate and adopt human culture in order to gain access to mates. This would solve a lot of the bullshit in the rapewaifu vs Crusaders land we have now.

So working on the DW version and I'm almost done with the Beastmen Monster Class. I've got maybe 3 more Moves I need to make and 1 Basic Move left. You can see my Beastmen class in the OP's Angel Class link.

I'm trying to think of something to do with the being a night creature. I got one move in the 2-5 level moves called "Night Stalker" which gives you a bonus to attacking while hidden. I'd like to add something to the 6-10 rules which are even more powerful moves than the 2-5 Moves (See Mounted Combat). So ideas, anons?

If they are away from the Demon Lord in such a way, would they have been turned into Monster Girls in the first place?

In our setting Monsters are natural but corruption is not

That’s been debated.

Not fully separated but enough for them to still retain some of the traits, but in lower intensity. Essentially enough for monstergirls to behave like human women.

Yeah, that's part of the "Agreed to Disagreed" stuff that's basically put the fountain stuff on GM's decision.

Sorry forgot about that part.

It's cool. Maybe one day we will be able to talk about it without causing WW3 but until then we're living it up to GM's discretion.

So Beastmen is pretty much done. I'm debating on trying to figure out one more Basic move since most classes have 5-6 Basic Moves and Beastmen currently have 4, however, they got one move, Animalistic Look, that covers quite a bit of stuff. The Joys of Game Building. I'm going to be out basically until Friday after today so I won't be working on the next class, Bug Types, until then or at least won't be posting them.

you're doing god's work user
btw, if you're still taking suggestions, what about night vision? confering a bonus, or nullify an enemy target's bonus, for example, if they flee or try to hide?

>ctrl+f "corruption"
>14 matches now 15

You still haven't gotten rid of this shit?

>But we can't make lewd setting without making lewd mandatory!
This is exactly why your settings will always be shit. Lack of subtlety. This is not "dare you enter my magical realm", that's "i'm hitting you over your head and kidnapping you to my magical realm".