Why doesn't your fantasy setting have guns Veeky Forums?

why doesn't your fantasy setting have guns Veeky Forums?

>This fucking thread again

Quests died for this.

A Big Red dragon ate all the guns.

Because it's based on Vedic epics like the Ramayana. People don't use guns, they use vajra. The manifest essence of divine lightning beats little chemical explosions by such a degree that no one ever even thought to make cannons, let along personal firearms.

good

But mine does

They exist, just small pea shooters with not much oomph. Wizards saw guns as a major threat to their monopoly on large damage so they destroyed them when they can or ban them when destroying production is impossible.

I don't have mug guns muh freedoms in my games just tell the players being caught with a gun is a capital offence.

It has, one of my,3 fantasy settings have

Gunpower doesn't exist and I don't like guns in Med-fantasy.

It does have guns, now stop generalizing the issue faggot.

This thread makes me wish I had the everyday until you like it macro saved. Evidently this is the new elf slave what do

Because the chief god designed the world to make the populace stronger. Guns enable the weakest to kill the strongest, on accident even. With a gun, you can kill anyone in the world, with the only catch being getting away with it. Painstakingly milling humanity of the weak through constant war, ferocious beasts, and heinous villains of his own creation, introducing guns while they're still weak will permanently stunt their growth as a species.

No, Quests died for being quest.
If Quests were still arround, those threads sill happen on top of that.

Because my players have a rare brain condition where they become completly fucking retarded as soon as they think they might have access to gunpowder.

We are talking "lets sell all our weapons and armor so we can buy MORE GUNPOWDER so we can lure [insert high level monster] into a trap and kill it without any risk at all! Its the perfect plan! " tier. Not as a one-off, but as the new mandatory way they approach all fights and they throw a goddamn hissyfit if they ever get attacked outside of an ambush of their own creation/if their brilliant trap isnt 100% successful. Because remember, they sold all of their equipment so they cant defend themselves and if an enemy takes advantage of their stupidity thats just me punishing them.

What do you mean we cant buy 800lbs of Gunpowder from the town general store? STOP RAILROADING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because a M16 makes short work of Orcs.

>modern weapons were invented overnight

>the only weapon caliber is 9mm
>all orcs have the toughness of an african militiaman hyped on meth and cocaine

Czechmate

But it does! Also, mortars a best.

>questfags are STILL mad
o i am laffin

9mmx57mm Mauser, of course.
Check and mate.
Of course this makes only 20 round magazines, but hey, even orcs on meth and cocaine only take about 4-5 to bring down. Just like hunting rats back home...

I give all my fighters the option of armor, weapon, coins and lunch or a gun and a dirk.

Everything is expensive, get to working

Because it's set in a time period where this is top of the line weapons and armour. I've had "fire and forget" handguns in one setting, though. Fire it once in a battle and forget about firing it again, because by the time you're reloaded the melee is likely in full swing.

Because I said so, now fuck off faggot

because anything that deviates from tolkienesque fantasy is badwrong.

Actually, quests died because they're shit.

They're not dead. There's a whole board for them now. You can go there if you want.

It does.
It's because it isn't based on medieval romanticism, but rather on the aesthetics of Miyazaki's post-apocalyptic fiction, such as Shuna, Nausicaa or Laputa, as well as on 16. and 17. century central Asia. Fire-arms do not contradict the aesthetics that I'm aiming for, in fact they add more sense of anachronism (which fits the vaguely post-apocalyptic themes) and actual sense of exoticism.

That said, these threads and these debates are getting rather tiresome. Despite what spastic cretins around here who watched one documentary on history channel think, firearms were not a common sight in the medieval eras, they only began to appear sparsely at the very last few decades of 15 century, and it took very long time for them to be commonly known and seen, and more importantly, most of medieval fantasy is based on romantic idea of middle ages and their folklore and mythology. There is absolutely no reason for it to feature fire arms unless the author has an explicit reason to do so. Anyone who goes around spewing that bullshit about gunpowder existing in 12. century and therefor medieval fantasy is obligated to feature it can fuck right off: you wrong on more than just one level. Most likely you are gun-obsessed americuck who knows nothing about history, or about the kind of fiction that actually inspires fantasy.

Because I don't want it to.

My setting does have them, and is set in a tech era roughly similar to 1870 (at least for the humans)

It does. But they're only made in specific dwarven locations and blackpowder is hard to come by but my players love the fact that they can blow shit up with it so I put it in for theirs sake, just made it horribly expensive so they got something that drains their gold which is nice because now they're not super rich faggots anymore[/spoilers]

Same reason my setting doesn't have printing presses and potatoes.

because guns arent fun

What's wrong with potatoes?

Affects demography, messes up with the kind of medieval society we are accustomed to.

Because of the Living Weapons.

GOOD setting.

>le fun! XD
Kys reddit

>not slowly introducing small caliber guns so the people could build up immunity
Chief god sounds like a retarded axe huffer.

And nothing of value was lost.

It must really suck to wear sandals at the Somme