mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's Mathhammer Helper
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FullSizeR_7.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>this many generals
this is getting out of hand sub-edition

>guy uses an hour and thirty minutes on his own FUCKING SHOOTING PHASE
>rushes his opponent during his turn
>pre-mesures his opponent's deep-strike so that he can snub him of his movement phase
>"yeah we'll play with intent no worries m8"

nice to see that recognition from GW, fuck Tony so hard

Is it Manta?

Is that guy ban from events already?
#fuckTony

Letsee, we got the old and dying thread
I deleted the wrong version, so that's gone.
This one
And apparently one without a subject and some clown shit that, despite my thorough filters was like eight rows down in the catalog.

Nah, I don't feel bad.

do you posses a pair of eyes

>both of the threads dont link the previous /40kg/
you're both fuck ups

>only 1 faction in the entire game names all of their aircraft after ocean life
>looks like a manta
>you can see the tau crew and passengers on the table
what could possibly have given you the idea that its a manta?

Is this Veeky Forums?

wow user who pissed in your coffee then fucked your wife for you today?

Previous thread isn't a real thing, especially since threadwars like this make it absofuckinlutely unreliable.

is this real life or is this just fantasy?

Are generic CSM really this bad rule-wise?
I like their old goofy sculpts and want to run a small army and have fun with different chaos marks for different games but as far as I know the only way to play CSM is actually not using CSM at all and run a cultists spam. Any way to avoid this and run a list full of spiky bois without getting tabled on t1?

how does this not take a year + of someone's life to complete this

What is it with fucked up threads today?

First the custodes new fag one, than this one.

You know
Ironically, I think this would be great to 3D print. Lots of flat space to sand down. You just have to subsection the big stuff and probably build the smaller guns and gribblies yourself, but if you are doing this, you are doing it for the joy of building and mounting it on your wall anyway.

don't think so, I mean a ban should be reserved for cheating or otherwise way worse behavior, i'd argue that his play-style was right on the cusp of it

He is a cuck so he would be happy if that happened, user.

An airbrush and it's not actually that complex of a kit? Most of that shit is random turrets.

>unless your WotC, then you can get a lifetime ban for being critical of a cosplayer. Or own private facebook group and other people shitpost and get benned for a year.

The guy is a bit of a dick, but unless he cheats or breaks the rules then there isnt a justification to ban him.

Does anyone know what factions have the non aligned keyword? Apparently my inquisitor Dorset get to use his quarry rule against them but I haven't seen this keyword yet

Solution: Have invitationals instead of opens, never invite that guy.

Basic CSM squads are pretty bad, but if you're Alpha Legion then they might be merely suboptimal rather than an active drag as long as you kit them for ranged combat. Havoks are good though.

Build any list to designed to exploit endless cacophony and csm are good.

Yeah. Being a cunt is unfortunately against the rules.
That being said I doubt anyone will play with him after he's been publicly shamed by GW.

>reading the beast series
>it's all great until the beheading
>with literally no buildup or reason for it to happen vangorich goes insane and does all the shit he does
I just don't understand the point of making 13 books making him relatable and human and a good character and then making him into the maniac he became at the end in a single paragraph saying "100 years passed lol hes mad now"

Buildings I think?

Who is this? Story?

it clearly had a subject

check the catalog doe

>they put the subject in the username

Holy shit, that's some next level fail

indeed

I disagree completely.

The bar is set as such that we, as a community, dont allow bigotry, harassment, racism, misogyny or any other /pol/ shit.
He was very clearly attacking him by what he did, its basically harassment.

For some reason that thread does not show up when searching "40k"

No, this is reddit.

Not to mention that all the parts are gonna be warped, so you gotta heat them and then flatten them with the entire encyclopedia britanica.

See

Now you talking,

Have a (you)

such Heresy deserves, nay demands extermination

Question /40kg/:

What's the general consensus for the best way to run Custodes troops?

Is it squads of 5 and 2 with shields 3 with spears?

Trying to figure out how to best assemble my two boxes of 5 troops.

>wears the same armour as her male counterparts
>still looks distinctly feminine
This is how you female warrior

I also see people round out detachments with 3 man units

>What's the general consensus for the best way to run Custodes troops?
A battalion of Guardsman

Who the fuck is tony?

reposting from the other thread

during the las vegas open tournament there was some bullshit with slowplay, so during the semifinals the secret WAACfag tony and cool guy alex decided that they would try and be quick as to not drag on. They would each help the other move, measure, etc. During one of the turns, in the name of quickness, alex had a unit deep strike at the beginning of the movement phase (which tony helped measure) and when he went to move the rest of his stuff, the WAACfag said he couldn't as deepstriking happens at the end of the phase, and thus the phase was over. Alex said 'ok' going to move his shit back, WAACfag said no, because he already deployed the unit and took his hand of the models. Instead of arguing with the faggot, Alex just let it go and lost the game.

One of the creators of league of legends was watching and said he wanted to give alex 5 grand as a 'sportsmanship award', and alex said to give it to charity. in a show of support GW is matching that donation and I think someone else also matched it again, so theres 15k being donated to a childrens hospital because a guy didn't want to argue with the blight of the hobby that is the WAACfag.

min unit: 1 sword and board, 2 spears
4man: 1 S&B, 3 spears
5man: 2 S&B, 3 spears

S&B is useless if you're only running Custodes, though.

I'm gonna run 2x3 and 1x4 - each with one sword and board guy and the rest of them with spears

Two squads of 5 spearmen
One squad of 4 sword and board deepstriking deep next to the enemy to serve as distraction
Mixing up units are for losers.

Haven't seen it myself, but this is my understanding based on what I've gleened from people bitching about it:

During LVO, one of the semi-final rounds was "Tony" vs "Alex."
This match, like the rest, has a limited time to be carried out.
Both players agreed before the game, to play straight, and play like gents.
Alex performs his turn in like fashion.
Tony secures an objective or killpoints lead, then takes an hour and a half to perform one shooting phase, so that the match will have to be called for time and Alex will have no opportunity to regain the lead.
Tony wins the match, as it is called for time and he has a points lead.

Tony's play was legal, but most seem to agree he's a shitberg.

GW comments on it and long story short some children's hospital is getting 15,000 buck.

I wonder if Tony has a twitter or something to respond to this shit. Probably some bullshit like, "everything I did was perfectly legal."

You'd be surprised, that 3++ pays off

I'm gonna run AL sometimes for sure but what about other legions? Are they shit?
>exploit endless cacophony
Nope - I want to play with generic CSM, not the themed ones

Big Celestine tits right in my face

What army did Alex play?

Question. I got some recast stuff recently mainly because the model itself is no longer sold by GW/FW. im planning on using it in a gw store but is there any visible way they can tell that it is a recast? weight maybe. it will be painted so i guess material color wont matter.

My god they've finally done it. A sculpt with dumber pauldrons then GW.

A man who just wanted to fuck people over, but ended up eternally fucking himself. A dark irony worthy of Shakespeare.

weight maybe? which model is it, because that pic is still being sold

Nobody will notice or care.

old fw dreadnought

>One of the creators of league of legends was watching and said he wanted to give alex 5 grand as a 'sportsmanship award', and alex said to give it to charity.
It was fucking Merrill wasn't it?

So recently got my hands on a Rhino that is somewhat fallen apart, taking off the top I find its got a bit of mold infesting the interior, whats the best way to get rid of it?

Fairly newish to the hobby, go easy on me Veeky Forums

No one's gonna go and hand inspect each model of your entire army, dude. You'll be fine.

what the fuck
how did mold get in there, was that guy using it as a pantry

If it was originally a metal model and you've bought a resin cast, it will be very obvious. Putting weights in the base doesn't work.

If it was a plastic model, as long as it's painted and the cast is good it won't be noticeable.

If it's a bad cast then make sure it's painted and no one gets to closely examine it.

Don't draw attention to the models, also.

The only way they could feasibly say it's fake is if it was clearly defective, in which case you can just point to all the other FW atrocities
There is no way or reason for them to think your model is fake unless it has big chinese letters embossed on it

see link
Tony was a Ynarri Eldar list he copied or something

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FullSizeR_7.jpg
Upload to site from link is broken for me at the moment

Basically all the non-cult Legions besides AL are shit, yes.

Also Endless Cacophony isn't locked to any specific unit or legion as long as they can be Slaanesh marked, which anything besides the cult troops can be.

Mold as in extra material or mold as in an actual mold culture growing on your model? Because I have no idea how the fuck the latter would even happen unless you bought your rhino from some ogre living in the swamp.

What's it made of? If it's metal, hit it with some bleach. If not, use Simple Green if you don't care about stripping the paint.

I need a quick rundown on this Arch guy, is he worth subbing to?

Okay we all agree that GW could be a bit copyright-happy at times but for fuck's sake if there was ever a case of IP being infringed it'd be here.

ok thanks guys. main reason is im throwing around the idea in my head to buy some recast kakophoni and use them as noise marines because fuck paying £90 for 10 where i could pay like 40 for 10

No
Move along

That's basically what I figured the loadouts would look like.

Is it worth turning one of these 5 troops into a Vexilla holder or do people say the vexilla terminator is better?

Or is the Vexilla just not worth it at all for mono-custodes?

As long as you paint them before bringing them in and go through a high-quality caster, you'll be fine.

I heard that the -1 dakka is worth it. How many points you want to play?

Some fungi eat paint.

This fun guy drinks paint.

I only play 1000pts or 2000pts games with my group of friends.

Even if you think you're going to agree with a point, he takes about 40 minutes longer to explain a stance than he should, and those 40 minutes are not fun to make up for it.

Imagine Total Biscuit, but more nasally, and slightly more rambling and arrogant, and "addressing" feminism and racism in 40k instead of PC shader settings.

So Arachnus Blaze is S9 AP-3 Dd6. So a Lascannon shot.
We are getting the Annihilator too most likely, which has an Arachnus Heavy Blaze. I wonder what that bad boys stats will be.

S14 AP-4 D2d6?

The spear shoots d3 lascannon shots, not 1

oh wait nevermind, completely different gun durr

What are you talking about? No Spear has an Arachnus gun

Oh nice ebay find man, I cant believe the deals some times

yeah no i mixed it up with the spear dread's spear shooting
which is a heavy d3 damage d3 pseudo-lascannon

4/4 would play against. You'd be surprised how many people actually buy recasts and just don't say shit about using them.
Only a vocal minority of players are aware of them and refuse to use them.

is melee guard shenanigans viable? reason i'm asking is because I'm fielding two infantry DKOK squads, within which the watchmaster'll have a power axe

if i buff both squads with a regimental banner, in melee, that would be 3 attacks at 3 WS, S4, AP-2, 1 damage each, which seems cool against marines

found him really obnoxious the first few minutes I watched. with all what you said added how the fuck can people like this guy?

lots of people like pewdiepie too. different strokes.

Guess there is a niche group of drooling retards out there that does, and he panders to that audience super hard like the mongoloid he is

Same here. I want to go with this list or 3 bike captain and 3x3 spear guards

Battalion Detachment +3CP [50 PL, 999pts]

Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [8 PL, 148pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia, Radiant Mantle, Raiment of Sorrows, Warlord

Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [8 PL, 148pts]: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

1x Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
3x Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

2x Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

2x Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

Vexillus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor [7 PL, 134pts]: Misericordia, Vexilla Magnifica

Tony, without a hint of irony, did nothing wrong.

It's against the rules to cheat however there are no rules about attitude or playstyle. If they want to change the rules next time that is fine but as it stands what he did was totally legal and ethical during the game.

They had an agreement though

A vexilus is worth it, it’s just a matter or how many bananas you have in your collection. I bought 3 boxes and made 1 shield captain, two vexilus and 4 groups of 3 man 2 spear, 1 shield.
Thinking about getting wardens and making another vexilus, not because I want to field 3, but maybe I’ll try out an axe vexilus.
The things about the vexilus is that it will most likely never get into combat unless your opponent tries to snipe it or jump it with deep strike or fast units- but at that point, you’ve probably got your entire army around the flag, so it should survive a round before getting backup, so a shield isn’t a bad idea If your not combat hungry.
As for the allarus vexilus, it only gets a grenade launcher which is decent, but the entire model itself is very expensive for a deepstrike and +1 W. If you want to protect it via deepstrike, you can just use the stratagem for that

What are people's thought on the Achillus anyway? I'm liking it.
People don't notice the 2+ save it also has. So 2+ 5++ 6+++

Lastrum Storm Bolters look pretty nice too. Storm bolters but amped up

Verbal means nothing, get in in writing or it's as real as the moon landings.

>is the Vexilla just not worth it

you could deepstrike the -1 to be shot at banner into your opponents face and move your bikes up into bubble range

and if you're feeling like charging you might as well burn a CP to make a few of their units unable to overwatch and be -1 to hit in combat