What happens if Lucius is killed by a tyranid?

What happens if Lucius is killed by a tyranid?

Chaos nids

Slaanesh rezzes him out of butthurt anyway. There HAVE been people who killed him without pride in their hearts. He rezzes anyway by the will of his eternal patron.

What happens if Lucius has an aneurysm?

Depends on the mid that killed him. Lucius can only revive in another body of unskilled takes some sort of satisfaction with his death. If the needed that kills him is something intelligent, there is a chance he might possess it. However if he is killed by a Joe average gaunt or something similar, there's a good chance he's dead for good. Or at least until Slaanesh decides to resurrect him anyways.

He resurrects. He's been killed by things that SHOULD be emotionless and resurrected in their body anyway and I'm fairly sure Slaanesh has brought him back to life before, ignoring his whole gimmick completely.

Slaanesh is cheating whore confirmed.

Welcome to chaoswinslol. Enjoy your stay.

At least there is Total Warhammer.

i mean, were you expecting honour? from a pleasure god? the only reason slaanesh would honour their word is out of pride and even that's fickle.

He gets rezzed. Pretty sure HANGRY is an emotion.

What happens if Lucious kills himself?

In one of the novels, Lucius says that every time he resurrects, a small piece of him is lost forever. The same happens to Celestine when she resurrects. The same happens to Perpetuals. Lucius was probably made a perpetual by Slaanesh, the same way Celestine was made one by Big E.

He violently cums while being digested

The only Tyranids intelligent enough for that would be synapse which means they are constantly in contact with the Hive Mind which means there is absolutely no fucking way they can be possessed.

That's if they even felt satisfaction over his death, which is extremely arguable. Even the intelligent Tyranids don't really feel emotion, they're just more calculating killing machines than the mindless varieties.

Tyranids are basically organic robots.

>Rejenrates through the core of the hivemind-
I think he literally becomes a Great Old one, and thus the most beautiful and perfect.

Wait, shit, there are no flaws in this.
Lucious space clone meme virus army.

See I don't even like the idea that synapse creatures are aware and thinking intelligences commanding the gaunts and shit. Any solitary tyranid has all the smarts of a particularly clever dog or maybe an elephant. It's only in groups that their instincts brush over and through process of elimination decide what the crowd needs to do.

So while synapse creatures can focus and coordinate these tides of groupthink beyond the base tyranid range, they're still not thinking as individuals standing in a field of hormagants or anything like that.

Which is why I hate the whole swarmlord shit pile so much.

"Commisar, look! The Tyranids are now wearing lipstick. And they're dripping with a white mucu---"
"Silence! Priority Vox, Basilisk battery four, target my position immediately."

Why does the helmet not fit with the rest of the armor ? It's so unaesthetic.

Magic item perhaps?

The helmet's a separate magic item from the armor, if that's Archaon.

I know that, what I'm saying is here it just looks messy and ugly in my opinion, whereas in the artwork and model it's better.

According to 8th Ed, he got fucked by a Necron who was turned into him. I get the feeling the Tyranids will encounter some infighting before eventually chopping off his limbs and leaving him.

Synapse nids like Hive Tyrants have always been described as individually intelligent.
The swarmlord wasn't some radical change of the fluff.

What if he gets killed by a robot?
How can he manifest from their flesh if they have none?
Mechanicus>screaming purple faggots

what if he doesn't get killed, but instead only captured, stripped naked and left on a soundproof cell isolated from the world, where he gets sustenance in the form of water-soaked bread coming from a tube on the ceiling that is too high for him to reach and at the same time, functions in such a way that nothing can come inside or escape the cell through it. Imagine a series of tiny doors, functioning like a camera's shutter; opening and closing in fractions of seconds only to make way for the soaked bread.
Then what, you fucking choas degenerates.

He gets res'd anyways. It's happened a number of times before. Either Slaanesh finds a indirect victim, like whoever crafted the weapon that did him in, or just says "fuck it" and does it randomly. The Hive Mind, however, is unaffected.

This is probably why he gets less skilled. Heresy Lucius seems much deadlier with a blade than 40k.

Not him but Hive Tyrants were always described as "embodying the Hive Mind completely". They were just in contact with the entirety of the Hive Mind at all times.

The Swarmlord fluff is retarded for like 5 different reasons, only one of which is because it makes no sense alongside that part.

How many stocks does Lucas have left?
Also, we mock the Lucas main for dying to a stage hazard like a bitch.

Lucius dies

What happens if Lucius gets erectile dysfunction?

Chaos... finds a way.

it's supposed to stand out like that. I too agree that old design is better.

What if we just throw him in the middle of nowhere in empty space? It's not like he'd be able to swim his way across the void, and space is space, so good luck trying to find him.

Ok, Lucius or Sigvald, who is the better pet of Slaanesh?

Yeah, but at the same time Hive Tyrants (and all synapse creatures to a lesser degree) always had a decisional autonomy in order to react to events that the Hive Mind itself would take longer to acknowledge.

The Swarmlord in the new codex is just an evolved form of a Hive Tyrant like a Prime is an evolved form of a Warriors, which get spawned as a stress induced response when the Hive Mind need a field commander extremely good in tactics and strategy because brute force is not cutting it.

There are several tiers of tyranid intelligence.

Type 1 would be be a complete lack of intelligence, such as the void that spore mines and the ammunition of bio-weapons posess. They are incredibly simple-minded, on par with fruit flies.

Type 2 would be basic survivability, which would allow the creatures to hide from danger, find and devour prey and generally function as a life form. Non-synapse creatures, such as Gaunts, rippers, or Carnifexes go in here.

Type 3 are basically type 2 again, but with the ability to recieve commands from the hive mind. It is implied that they do not relay the hive mind's commands flawlessly, though. Tyranid warriors, Zoanthropes, and Trygon primes go in here.

Type 4 have an extremely close bond to the hive mind, and this type is reserved for Tyrants and Dominatrixes.

However, there are individual thinkers among the tyranids, Genestealers. One might argue that they only have this ability because they are diluted with aspects of non-tyranid species, but they are clearly more intelligent than gaunts, even gaining human-like intelligence if they are crossed with intelligent species.
It is not unreasonable to assume that the Hive Mind saw an advantage in this type of intelligence, and created the Swarmlord as a test of an individual thinker in the commanding role of a Tyrant. Something like a better Broodlord, if you will.

From what I read, the point is that the Hive Mind, while very good at planning the invasion of the Galaxy, is simply to big to react to things like "our biovore unit 1548 on the planet 548736 on front 7584 just got ambushed by assault marines" in an useful timeframe, so you have Primes, Hive Tyrants and on a greater degree the Swarmlord, which have the autonomy needed to react instantly to things like that.

It's not so unique as a thing, even Lictors don't have synapse but are pretty good at the indipendent thinking they need to stalk and ambush valuable targets alone.

Someone breaks him out, simple.

There are many cheating assholes, in the warhammerverse, tough.

Right, but that's what I'm saying with the whole smart animal thing. I mean, a jaguar stalking something in the jungle is just following its instincts without, as far as I know, having advanced cognition going on. So a lictor can be a crazily effective predator and use some great tactics, but it doesn't have an established sense of self. Maybe I'm just ignorant about animal intelligence, though.

Tyranid warriors are intelligent m8.
They are definitely higher on the hierarchy of smarts than gaunts and fexes.

You guys are getting his whole thing wrong.

It goes like this: if you kill Lucius and feel any spark of pride or satisfaction because of it, YOU turn into Lucius. If he dies shelled to death by Imperial Guard artillery train, some seemingly shmuck somewhere turns into Lucius. Lucius: Pride and Fall has him resurrecting as a munitorum factory worker who built the landmine that Lucius tripped on.

Chosen Champions of the Dark Gods cannot be killed permanently, just like Daemons cannot be killed permanently. There used to be fluff about Kharn getting killed as well, and how Khorne rezzes him constantly 'cause he's such an awesome guy. I don't think it is being mentioned anymore though. But with Lucius it is.