Exalted General - /exg/ Bronze-Age Shitposting Edition

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

What is the biggest written "fuck you" that your circle has delivered to an enemy, or vice versa?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
tentacledvitriol.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/first-circle-demon-chernobaal-the-hounds-of-hell/
docs.google.com/document/d/1JQpAu0XcrAdqQ-E7YnMhg50e4FMXXLuM276bm3Udu3Y/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=7OUHUnOAxaA
exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/ATaxonomyOfMadness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One of my players wrote a letter to the other players giving them passage to outside the city.
She won't be accompanying them..

Anyone ever done some kind of "training arc"? By the core, training is so fucking fast and can be done with SXP, so it leaves me scratching my head as to how I could use that convention. Free attribute/ability gains? Another thing is that there is a clear cap to characters, 5 dots. No training takes you beyond, unless you count specialty as a kind of 6th dot. That leaves cool feats like "Meditate under 150 m tall waterfall", something you'd need 10 pool and or charms for just moot, as far as gains are concerned. No one is going to be excited by Resistance Specialty (Waterfall) either. What kind of bonus could I hand out for intensive training?

In-setting, training is still needed and should be more intense ofr higher ratings of Atribute and Abilities. Giving special bonuses for something that's just the default assumption seems iffy to me. Players should just describe what their characters are actually doing whent hey spend their XP to learn shit.

Yeah, but that's downtime training. It's not "fallible" if you know what I mean, its guaranteed to make you stronger, and it really can be anything since it's just a bit of fluff.

Reposting question from the previous thread, I need demon horses or horse substitutes.

In that case what you describe is more of an adventure to seek power than a training montage.

Treat it like one and reward your players with xp and training at the end.

did anybody ever homebrew a replacement infernal herostyle?

infernalmonster is a good herostyle for akuma but a terrible fit for infernals, especially since most of it's chams just seem to halfass things slayers can already do better

not technically a demon (more like wildlife, below even a first circle). found in coc malfeas.

which, obviously since 3e has only the core, is a 2e book. you'll have to convert this to 3

Peghedu, the Skittering Steeds
Few mounts serve as effectively in the labyrinthine Demon City as these ghastly creatures. A dozen elongated insect legs extends from the peghedu’s thickly furred equine body, and its adamant-tipped claws dig deep into the brass and black stone of the Demon City. When directed by a skilled rider bearing a crop of amphelisia leather, a skittering steed scuttles through the teeming brazen streets, clambers up and down walls and even scrambles along the undersides of crowded causeways. A hood covers a peghedu’s eyes as it travels, for these catacomb-spawned creatures hate the light. Feral colonies breed beneath the city streets, and when the Ebon Dragon passes, they swarm forth to feed on demon flesh.
Attributes:
Str 3, Dex 6, Sta 3; Per 2, Int 1, Wits 2; Will 2
Health Levels:-0/-1/-2/-4/I
Abilities:
Athletics 4 (Climbing +1), Awareness 2, Dodge 2, Integrity 1, Martial Arts 1, Presence 1, Resistance 1, Stealth 1, Survival 1
Atk (Spd/Acc/Dmg/Rate):
Claw: 5/7/2L/3
Dodge DV: 4
Soak: 1L/4B
Spirit Charms:
Materialize—Peghedu can materialize for 15 motes, they must then remain materialized until they dematerialize.
Dematerialize—Peghedu can materialize for 15 motes, they must then remain materialized until they materialize.
Essence: 1 Essence Pool: 20
Other Notes: Peghedu do not naturally respire essence outside the demon realm, but can be fed motes.
Peghedu cannot learn additional spirit charms.
(copy/pasted from my copy of ed's exalted tools)

Right at the start of the Roll of Demons, the agatae (first circle). If Pegasus was a giant bug.
>Each beauteous wasp stands as high as a Marukan horse on six legs of shimmering crystal, and its powerful wings can bear it aloft while carrying two armored men. The agatae speak in voices that ring of brass bells and crystal... the wasps are jealous of their riders’ attentions, sometimes leading to bitter attacks on other mounts

You could probably convince your storyteller to let you demonify a horse with the help of a neomah, too. Or just homebrew a First Circle horse-thing of your own.

in the last thread he complained about not wanting something that can fly for some reason. seemed to think the wasps were an invalid horse substitute.

he also wants something specifically for forests

I know at least one of the sv autists made a demon horse, but I think it could fly too. adjoran iirc, some kind of wind horse that didn't get along with agetae.
I think there was a metagross version that couldn't on the same page, but i think it also ate it's rider over time or turned into a kelpie or something

But that's just not a thing. Horses live in plains. If you alter a horse so much that it can go fast in a forest, it's not going to even remotely look like a horse anymore. If you pulled a mount that lives in Szoreny, it would, or should, be more like a gigantic chimp, spider, or boar.

>Instill hatred attempt with double 7's from flowing elegent hand and a full excellency

I want stats for the demon Pelicans from last thread.

Getting a piggyback ride from a giant chimp sounds pretty neat, though I'm not sure how dignified it would look.

Which books have the most info about Craft Genesis?

What better way to show you're not fucking around than riding a horse-sized fire-breathing dog from hell into battle? Summon a Chernobaal today!

Do Erymanthoi count?

The idea of riding an erymanthus is hilarious, so sure, they count.

spidew is scarier than warg

deer go fast in forests. deer don't look /that/ different from horses to be confused with spiderchimps ;)

You don't mount deer either. The problem with a forest is space. Have you ever seen a horse? Even the smallest ride horses are massive. They just down fit between trees in a thick forest. Of course, "forest" is a term so broad it's almost useless. A pine forest? Sure, you can maneuver a warhorse in there, maybe not that fast but doable brisk pace. Tropical jungle? Atlantic forest? Good luck getting past the border.

Who’s the redhead above Jupiter and Saturn? Also why does Sol look like his torso is half the size of his bicep?

Top right is Gaia. Technically not an Incarnae, but hangs around them often enough.

Sol has four arms, obviously. They're folded over each other at the bicep

She does? I thought she was missing/hiding

shes off on a quest in the wyld right now, but left a comet to hang out with the moon iirc. and i think the comet was some kind of wod (mage or werewolf) reference but i can't remember how exactly

Her world-body is off in the Wyld doing Yozi-knows-what, but she has a humaniform Jotun (pictured abouve) in Yu-Shan so she can hang with Luna.

having a torso the same size as your bicep is still weird. especially with 4 shoulders

Arms of the Chosen is available in physical format, for those of you who want it. On that note, if anyone has a PDF of the post-errata version of Arms, it'd be greatly appreciated if they'd post it here.

drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen

>On that note, if anyone has a PDF of the post-errata version of Arms, it'd be greatly appreciated if they'd post it here.
Seconding request.

>Chernobaal
would have been easier if you'd included the link
tentacledvitriol.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/first-circle-demon-chernobaal-the-hounds-of-hell/

No son, like this

he'd need a second set of pecs or his arms would move oddly/be weak. in fact he'd probably need most of that stuff on the side of the ribcage too. one does not simply plug shoulder into abs

It could be under the obliques. Tought it doesn't look like it.

I doubt its muscles that make his arms move. He aint a mortal.

Of course!

Any Exalted related webm's?

How do you guys feel about dreaming pearl courtesan? Is it strong?

To me it seems kind of weird, especially with that charm that transforms you into the beast.

DPC doesn't have a specific niche it is super good at, but rather it is well rounded in everything. Even up to the form you have soldier defense, soak, and damage. The form upgrades those abilities and allows you attack at short range (Very big).

If you're a socialite I find its a great standby style. If you use it to lure people into private quarters you can fight with artifact armour and weapon stats with just a bedsheet and tied piece of bedsheet while the opponent will be buck naked.

So, my group decided it would be good for one of us in our Northern campaign to have a manse to act as our base of operations. I had some unspent merit dots anyways, so I figured I'd grab it. I'm having trouble figuring out ideas for what kind of manse to have though so I was hoping /exg/ could help me out a bit.

So, my character is an Icewalker, and thus not very big on settling down. His tribe was wiped out as part of the incident where he exalted, and now his current goal is to kill the Abyssal that led his tribe to their doom, then rebuild his tribe via intermarriage and all that. Because he's an Icewalker though, it's a little weird to think of him owning a manse when Icewalkers aren't very big on settling down. I haven't decided on what aspect the manse is yet, or what it's actual function is (fortress, temple, etc), although I am thinking he's mostly interested in the demesne surrounding it as potential hunting grounds once he rebuilds his tribe. I need to actually figure out something for the manse proper though, any ideas for what kind of structure an Icewalker might actually want?

Rape cave

I was worried it’d be a bit weak as personal protection for a socialite as compared to black claw, but I’m not super crazy about black’s thematic implications and think dpc fits better. I just didn’t want to take it if it wasn’t very viable.

One of those inuit cabins they have in Greenland. Makes the winter survivable and can be left for wandering the rest of the year.

IIRC it was Scroll of Heroes, Wonders of the Lost Age, and Dreams of the First Age that delved into the artificial species the Solars created.

molten oricalcum hydraulics! like a spider...well not /exactly/ like a spider

that's cause 3e sorta missed the point, leaning too hard on courtesan and not nearly enough on dreams

that sounds about right, was the tribe under that wanabe lunar's regime?

if bull of the north isn't a luanr what even is the point of lunars? it's like griffondore hermoionie

A temple maybe. Re-dedicate it to the totem-god of your people and then host a festival of worship and trade there once(or twice, depending on the length of your travel) a year when your migration route brings you back by.

Considering how much homebrew there is for Ex3, with entire splatbooks being made from scratch allowing people to play as Exalts that haven't been officially released yet; is there any homebrew rule set for manses?

It's pretty much an adaptation to the 2E style though. Including the weird deer-carp thing at the end.

Same question as him, but for spirits (chiefly demons, followed by elementals and Raksha)

What are some cool aspect markings for an elderly earth aspect that isn't just ROCKSROCKSROCKSBOULDERSROCKS?

Anyone have the pastebin for Ku Nenaveya?

Hair and beard that consist of strands of metal, unusually fine and flexible, but still unmistakably metallic.

A sense of crushing weight. Resting a hand on a bannister has the whole structure creaking and groaning, or they leave footsteps in stone.

>or they leave footsteps in stone.
The opposite might be cool too - mud and sand hardening beneath the Exalt's feet, and so on. More generally, bringing certain solidity with him everywhere he goes.

Being magnetic is also affiliated with Earth so picking some small bits of Earth like sand or dust as you walk around.

EX3 has her completely removed from Creation altogether, without the human-like piece in heaven. Also, in Glories, she left the moon on a comet; Gnosis is her vehicle for travel, not something to hang out with Luna.

not explained as well though. they just framed it wrong in their rendition of the fluff so the giraffecarp comes out of nowhere

damnit. i just accidentally hit f5 instead of 5 and lost everything i had typed up

I created a god dedicated to the martial art once but never really got a chance to use her.

What do you think the Sidereals would do if a Twilight Solar turned up in Yu-Shan, and decided to hold an audition for unemployed goddesses to join his harem of spirits?

Assume that it was organized with the assistance of the goddess of prostitution (since, presumably, the goddess of harems would be one of her subordinates) and the goddess of bureaucracy?

Feel satisfaction that the Usurpation was totally the right thing to do.

>What do you think the Sidereals would do if a Twilight Solar turned up in Yu-Shan, and decided to hold an audition for unemployed goddesses to join his harem of spirits?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I am stealing this idea.

So what are some good ideas for a martial arts master anyways?
They can't all be Pai Mei up on a mountaintop now can they?

They could be Pai Mei in a town.

As a (late) Valentine's Day gift I decided to show off a bit of my next project: Shards of a Compass: Creation Jam. An alternate history and setting for Creation where duels are fought not with blades on the battlefields, but with basketballs in the court.

docs.google.com/document/d/1JQpAu0XcrAdqQ-E7YnMhg50e4FMXXLuM276bm3Udu3Y/edit

They could be Pai Mei in a fishing hut.

Pai Mei in a volcano lair.

The doubling of speed bonus from Supernal Lash Method, does that doubled speed count as dice added by Charms?

Turboslut courtesan with a fan and a parasol. Turboslut courtesan with a sword-cane. Unarmed turboslut courtesan.

Loads of different options!

I'm never going to say no to this setting, just last week a b-ball ttrpg thread was up and it gave me this same idea
If it doesn't say it's non charm, it is

Several different gods would probably figure out some rule or regulation that allows them to interfere with the thing in an official capacity, then demand bribes in order to not do so.

You don't have to be a turboslut in order to use Courtesan style.

I mean it helps but still.

I need to know user : what was it about? Was it important? How much was lost to Oblivion?

considering martialarts exist for just about anything, your martialarts master can be just about anything.

sapphire veil. he said turboslut not 'amateur with delusions of talent and station' slut

Is there a list/chart anywhere of demons top to bottom yozi to it's 3cd to each of their 2cd to each 1cd?

What is the point of Stubborn Boar Defense? When is it worth the purchase?

youtube.com/watch?v=7OUHUnOAxaA

Tell me about your run-ins with elder Immaculates.

This is the closest thing I know of. Each Yozi has its own list of its component souls, their souls and the related 1CDs. IIRC it includes both canon and homebrew demons.

Daily reminder that Peleps Deled did nothing wrong. :^)

It would probably be an exaggeration to say that literally everyone disagrees with that, but the vast majority of people in both House Peleps and the Immaculate Order would disagree with that.

The point is that you stop worrying about things you already resisted? If Mara tries to get you to cheat on your wife and you barely manage to resist, it will be much easier in the future. Situational, obviously more useful to a socialite.

>the vast majority of people in both House Peleps and the Immaculate Order would disagree with that
But guess what.

They're wrong.

Stop posting on Veeky Forums, Deled.

Stay mad, Anathema. :^)

>a compassionate Solar with 21st century morality
>Immaculate religion, also practiced by Lookshy, being abiut the Realm taking over the world
This makes me irrationally annoyed.

Well immaculate religion IS a sideral trick. But the millennial solar is retardo, no contest.

Keep in mind that Lookshy considers themselves the legitimate successors to the Shogunate, not the Scarlet Empress’s regime. It's a very China and Taiwan situation.

Looks follows their own version of the Immaculate philosophy, derived from the Shogunate era religion and utterly divorced from the edicts of the Mouth of Peace. (Who, punny enough is a mouthpiece for the Sidereals)

How did we got from this...

...to this?

meanwhile the yellow anathema gives zero fucks abut other people's free will

What charms would help me win a game of Gateway without cheating?

A game of what

chess but different