mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's Mathhammer Helper
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Faggots.

Veeky Forums is that way, my friend. Personally I can't say I fancy them.

2nd for new Guard HQ models

Halt the patrol! This engineer believes he's spotted WIP posts of your dudes! Quick, post pics or get blasted to bits!

Claiming washfu's

How many people here have actually tried Power Level games? What was it like?

Sent my letter of recommendation to FW, what do you think? Did I suck enough dick fo have them listen?

Hey guys! I’m thrilled that you’ve set out some beta rules, and am even happier you’re opening up to the community for response- great move! I love the Custodian army I got for the Horus Heresy and now 40k, and so I got right to work (or I guess play) at hammering out a few Mardi Gras games to try out the rules. In every case, the army was fully custodes; faction keyword army-wide . Played three games (all 2,000 points) and then a few smaller test scenarios.

>Data-sheet: Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought
>Number of games used: 2
>Point values: keep the same
>Achillus Dreadspear-
For melee, I think it needs a little help, in both games it struggled to hit heavier targets (battle tanks and monstrous creatures and the like) and should be in line to something like a grand master in nemesis dreadknight or a relic Contemptor Dreadnought (namely that ghastly chainfist it’s got). I’d do one of the following;
-give the Spear AP-4
-deal d3 mortal wounds from the ‘impaling lunge’ special rule.

Overall I think the achillus is a little underpowered, could maybe use a hand.

>Data-sheet: Contemptor-Exemplar Dreadnought
>Number of games used: 3
>Point Values: Keep the same
>Las-Pulsar:
perfect. Literally exactly what I was hoping for, whole profile worked out great; fried his fair share of enemies.
>Lastrum Storm bolter:
perfect as well. Will be badass on aquilon, and in both him and the achillus it gave some great anti-infantry firepower.
Overall I think the exemplar is awesome and needs no changes.

fuck you guy

Best loadout for salamander contemptor? Chainfist multi melta/twin Las?

>1d4chan

Phat daemon ass right in my face

nuln is the one you always fall back to, but you know deep down in your heart that Agrax is the one

Looks like shit tbho

P2, forgot it won’t carry over the Highlighted main points I did in the email to get straight to key ideas. Damn.

>Data-sheet: Caladius Grav-Tank
>Number of games used: 3
>Armor save:
needs the armor save increased to 2+, just a touch too susceptible to enemy fire as is.
>Special Rules:
needs Power of the Machine Spirit. Badly, I think.
>Iliastus Accelerator Cannon:
needs a small bump to damage output, either by increasing to damage 3 or giving a special rule like it had in 30k; maybe ignores cover for rapid tracking or keeping d3 damage but getting +1 damage against monsters and vehicles to represent heliothermic detonation.
>Lastrum Bolt cannon:
it’s alright, not great but not terrible. Nice against Skitarii and Toughness 3 soldiers, as well as chipping off some wounds on bigger targets. If anything, maybe give it damage 2?

As is I think the caladius is underwhelming as a main battle tank of the custodes arsenal, for 300 points it ought to be able to deal a little more damage each turn.

>Data-sheet: Coronus Grav-Carrier
>Number of games used: 2
Armor save: needs the armor save increased to 2+, just a touch too susceptible to enemy fire as is.
>Special Rules:
needs Power of the Machine Spirit. Super needs it, I think it’s required to be viable at all.
>Arachnus Las-Blaze:
needs better damage, possibly by changing heavy mode to Strength 8, AP -4 but getting a rule for exoshock that does something like ‘after saves but before damage rolls, roll a d6- on a 4+ target takes d3 mortal wounds’; not insane but gives a nice bump when taking out heavy targets. For the beam mode, I think 2d6 shots would help it, as is there’s no reason (I’ve found) to use the fire mode.

Agrax Earthshade.

>you will never have models with these helms
Why live?

Carroburg Crimson

Maybe, but you should have waited and lied about the number of games you've played, or played more games. They'll be likely to disregard such a small sample size as a kneejerk reaction.

The only TRUE answer is my old pots of Badab Black I bought up the second they announced the change.

P3, the end

As is I think the coronus is very bad, just like it’s land raider brother the transport part isn’t much useful and so by just judging it as a battle tank with side abilities it’s falling short. But with a better arsenal and filled with a squad of Wardens, I think it’ll be great.

Overall I think they need some bumps to be really solid, but the games I played weren’t swigning widely one way or the other. 8th tends to favor hordes and so the added anti-infantry provided here (as my second game against Cadians and Admech showed) is really helpful, but the heavy weapons and smaller abilities tended to fall short, I think.

These are just early thoughts but come with quite a bit of deliberation, I’ll play more throughout the week and send another message if anything comes up as too weak or strong. It’s awesome you’re doing this, thanks for reading and thanks for the rules!

>Nuln oil
Your waifu is shit

Whats stopping me from emailing FW with fake feedback on the cuckstodes? I want them to increase the points decrease their invulns.

play DE

The Lion's awakening when?

It's basically the same as AoS as a whole: your experience with it will depend heavily on the restraint of all participants. Because it is very much open to heavy abuse.

Drakenhof Nightshade.

If it's done properly, it's a cooler game because everyone gets to use all the toys. You aren't min-maxing because there's no point (beyond squad sizes), you're just maxing.

What's stopping you from just coming out of the closet and having sex with men?

I like to live life the exciting way.

Nothing. But that doesn't mean they'll take it serious, or see it as a motivation to keep doing open beta rules.

>ultramarines are so patrician and great :DDD

Surprisingly underrated wash. I use this on basically everything, from wounds and innards to robes and certain armor colors. It's boss.

What armor colors does it work well with?

Requesting wash tier list please.

My Emperor's Children and GSC love it

claimed

(you)

fuck, this isn't even my (you)!

>not just mixing regular paints with water and thinner

Dark mettalics, primarily on "dirty" silvers/irons. Gives it a grimier look without fucking up the color.

Don't have a good spot in fridge for a picture. But here's my Archerfish I finished bashing together.

if your into cutards gold. also shit like red can work.

Not a single Reikland Fleshshade? You guys sicken me.

Been using this with my nid and GSC project I started last month

this was supposed to be a no plebs allowed thread

Oh nice, are any armies especially busted with access to all of the toys? I imagine Nids get a huge boost

>tier
S-Rank
Agrax Earthshade
Druchi Violet
Reikland Fleshade
Bloodletter

High Tier
Biel-Tan Green
Nuln Oil
Drakenhof Nightshade
Athonian Camoshade
Carrourg Crimson

Mid Tier
Coelia Greenshade
Seraphim Sepia
Gulliman Blue
Waywatcher Green

Trash Tier
Feugan Orange
Casandora Yellow
Lamenters Yellow

Meme Tier
Gloss Shades

I might give it a try might add some nice flair to the iron areas on my models.

When the fuck did Lion go from no wings sanguinius to Jesus el’christ?

Then leave

Ah, the joys of models that were only released in box sets they don't sell anymore.

How should I model some chosen?

not when i bought shit tonnes of pots before the change over.

>Fresh thread
>Already this washed up

I'm a bit down right now. Ever since 8th dropped my current T'au army has been nigh unusable and has been shit ever since Codexes began to drop. I keep losing game after game after game, the fundamentals of 8e and how the index is going, I don't know if it's me being shit, the index being shit, or the game being so bland and different.

My units all feel so fucking flimsy, from a whole unit of 10 firewarriors getting mowed down, to devilfish getting blasted instantly T1, to my hammerheads and riptides eating shit at the hands of my opponents lascannons, plasmas, or primarchs every game since they can zip across the whole board in what seems like 1 turn and land that charge.

Every time I inflict major damage to my opponent it feels like they have some super invuln save that negates it, and every time they attack me I sit, sigh, and roll either a 6+ or nothing as my unit eats shit.

Then I watch my opponent reroll all their misses and I sit idly as my 1's and 2's and 3's sit there uselessly.

Anyone else feel this way?

Me too thanks

Drakenhof in a ring around the tip of a weapon then Druchi Violet further back with a small amount of Seraphin Sepia makes nice burn marks for weapons.

How many anchor units do a drop pod and a unit inside require? 1 or 2?

I felt this way playing against tau in every other edition.

Now you know how every else felt playing Tau literally since they started.

No such thing as too much wash.

mah nigga

Revenge is sweet, ain't it?

Tastes like weeaboo tears.

I have to stop making these.

Taken Too Soon Tier -Badab Black, Devlan Mud
Use on Everything Tier - Agrax Earthshade, Reikland Fleshshade
Very Good, if limited in Scope Tier - Druchii Violet, Carroburg Crimson, Seraphim Sepia
Just Use 3rd Party Equivalent Tier - Nuln Oil
Extremely Limted, but Exceptional Results Tier - Drakenhof Nightshade, Colia Greenshade
Wait, They Sell This? Tier - Fuegan Orange, Cassandora Yellow
Why are there 3 different green shades Tier - Athonian Camoshade, Biel Tan Green
Just use a Gloss Varnish Tier - All Gloss Shades.
Drink your Paintwater Tier - Watered down regular paints as shades.
SUPER SECRET GOD TIER - Making your own shades with clear mediums.

Lastrum Bolts are weird, standard footstodes bolters are D2
I also hate too much randomness, rolling for shots and damage values on everything gets annoying

your tactics must be shit or you are not bringing an army that works well with each other. Tau have been one of the stronger index armies. I have played 4 games with my tau army this edition and won 3 of them (and only barely lost my 4th game).

Two, each is a unit in your army

I remember that feeling, I felt it every time I used my army agaisnt Tau even though I lost at deployment. I kept playing because Im not a disgusting fuck that only plays armies because they win and I will keep playing them now that they got a codex and are still beyond mediocre, so my advice is to ask yourself if you truly love your army or not.

I hope your codex arrives soon so I can see the absolute ass pain it will cause to Taufags.

I also have a lot of purple flairs in my army so I may jist be biased but I really like the effect. Just be care of pooling as stains with it look REALLY obvious in a way Agrax or Nuln Oil can't.

>user posts a thoughtful list of suggestions to help balance the custodian rules as forgeworld is literally open to and asking for ideas right now
>1 reply
>random autist says to claim washfus
>over 20 replies
never change /40kg/

against crons?

cry sum moar blueberry

Oh I am planning on using is sparingly as it is just to add some small look, plus purple will look well with my main color, gonna do some testing though just to see how much would be needed.

>Very Good, if limited in Scope Tier - Druchii Violet, Carroburg Crimson, Seraphim Sepia

What do you guys like to use Seraphim on anyways?

I read it, he already sent it.
What do you want me to do? Tell him to delete his emails?

>not painting you models with your own blood
Do you even Khorne?

Not a wash, but one of the best paints GW has ever released. Literally "good looking blood for retards who can't paint" the paint.

>your tactics must be shit or you are not bringing an army that works well with each other. Tau have been one of the stronger index armies. I have played 4 games with my tau army this edition and won 3 of them (and only barely lost my 4th game).

Tau are INCHES above necrons as the scond worst army in the game right now. They had like six seconds of being mediocre when no codex existed and that was only with commander spam. They are currently abysmal with half of their book needing to drop in price by a third or more. A full unit of 3 broadsides is almost 800 points.

>word bearers aren't a shit

It's probably worth mentioning that the plasma ejector is overcosted and would never be taken by players.

I use it mostly for terrain and basing.

Does anyone have that one green-text from rogue trader where they use tanks to fire at an enemy ship from their cargo hold

against space wolves, chaos daemons (khorne and slaanesh) and space marines. lost to a primaris player who brought a lot of hellblasters that ate through my mechs. But otherwise I tabled space wolves and both chaos armies.

Since Coelia was claimed while I was out, no one claimed my #2.

> Gulliman Blue
But its a glaze

The codex was announced and is in the next 3. Life will be better soon. Be glad you aren't Orks LIKE SOME PEOPLE.

>A full unit of 3 broadsides is almost 800 points.

Who's the smug cunt now taufag? Go buy 5 more Riptides to spam.

Anyone got that page where the Chaos Marines hear about the god emperor for the first time?

Planning on putting together an outrider detachment for marine QRF shenanigans. Idea is that the heaviest armor would be landspeeders and stormtalons, maybe a stormraven to drop a distraction dread. Question is, with how garbage drop pods are now, how bad is a list basically built around them going to do?

Weird, I didn’t notice it was D1, thought it was D2. Wow lol that fucking sucks, I stayed with basic lastrum but hit damn is that ass

I’m totes buying s relic Contemptor or EC Contemptor to convert into stodes now, what should I use to make the las pulsar? Maybe volkite, c-beam, or just lascannon?

Why would you lie to me like this user?

>I know you are, but what am I?

I play orks. Your words can't possibly hurt me, my codex will be the last and I will be viable until that day because BOYZ ARE THE BEST TROOP IN THE GAME MOTHERFUCKER.

Claim your Paintfu, while everyone takes those cheating sluts!

>necrons
>worst army in the game

Top kek, must be neat being so bad at 40k that you think this.

I love this so much.

>Top kek, must be neat being so bad at 40k that you think this.

Point and laugh at this idiot that doesn't think Necrons are the games worst army