New player joins the game

>new player joins the game
>GM approved of his character
>player seems like an ok guy
>have a look at his sheet
>pretty solid character overall, no problems
>except
>character is of a nonstandard race that's already established as the campaign's primary antagonists
>nobody in the party has any good in-character reason not to kill the guy on sight
>nobody wants to interrupt the game to start drama (IRL or in-game) about this
>everyone just awkwardly goes along with this character being one of the good guys for no reason
>I know I should've brought it up earlier but by now it's too late to start complaining

This feels so fucking bad. The guy isn't even a player but every time he interacts with anyone at all and doesn't get killed on the spot because lol he's a PC fuck immersion, a little part of my soul dies.

How do I even handle this? If I start complaining about this shit now after going along with it for multiple sessions I just make myself the asshole.

You are the asshole, OP.

What race? If possible just disguise him. When I was younger there was a book I read which had evil ratfolk, then a rebel rat group sprung up who dipped their tails in a glowing dye to denote that they're part of the group that DOESN'T eat babies. Maybe he could wear a red ribbon or other marker of "he's not evil guys I swear" until he eventually betrays you.

No, he isn't. He has a small issue with immersion in his game, and instead of shitting up the game with it, he complains on a taiwanese crab fucking board.

OP did nothing wrong.

Well, if you want to be underhanded
"Wait a minute, I just realized, isn't this guy (evil race)? Why haven't we been getting harassed by literally every person who sees us?"

No, he's still a whining bitch, the only difference is he's killing a thread instead of shitting up his game.

If you've never complained about a game before, you've clearly never played a game.

Fuck, complaining about your game is like 50% of Veeky Forums at any given time. Pretty usual thing around these parts.

Oh, I complain alright, I just don't start an entirely new thread because of MUH IMMERSIONS

You are an insufferable cunt

>Fuck, complaining about your game is like 50% of Veeky Forums at any given time.
Maybe in the good ol' days, now it's like 70% shitposting, 25% generals, and maybe 5% legitimate threads (which then fall off the catalog in less than 50 posts because the OP didn't give the trolls enough ammo for (you)'s).

As far as I can tell, this thread is just business as usual.

>Not wanting to be immersed in your game
Dip out, pretzel gamer

>How do I even handle this?
Treat him as the exception to the rule, justify it by saying something to the effect of "the sins of a country has nothing to do with its citizens," and move along unless he gives you a reason to believe that he's going to turn traitor.

If that's not enough, just murder him in his sleep and accept everyone at the table treating you as THAT GUY for the rest of the campaign.

>spends his time sperging out over people actually talking about their games and shitting up threads he doesn't like
>accuses others of autism when they call him out

Veeky Forums would unironically be a better place without your kind

Apart from my character, my whole party consists of half-orcs and tieflings, and I'm always dropping snide remarks about their heritage whenever I feel like the group is being particularly incongruous.
Nothing like a little casual racism to get the noggin' joggin'.

Really all you need is to call out the player once in-character and have him state in no uncertain terms why/that he is a good guy and even if your autism is still getting at you, just accept whatever excuse he gives you in-character and move on.
I wouldn't be surprised if your DM just doesn't want to bog down the campaign/bully a specific player with phoned-in "le ebul racists" or whatever, and he'd be right to save you all the hassle.
>pic somewhat related

>Evil races
Maybe you shouldn't be playing in shit settings?

Stay in school, maybe you'll learn to read eventually.

So if the race isn't evil why are complaining about one of them being good?

Stay awake during your history lessons, Timmy.

Good or evil don't matter when you're a member of the enemy race.

>nisei don't real

Unless a bunch of them are put into a unit, thrown into Europe, and then become one of the most highly decorated ones.

Most of it depends on the temperament of your group. If you think that starting to point this out in-character might cause unnecessary issues then I say do what said. If you phrase it as something that just happened to occur to you rather than an outright accusation of the other guy being in the wrong, you'll look much less the asshole.

Best case scenario they go "Oh shit you're right, I didn't think about that" and then figure out some solution retroactive or otherwise. It might still be an incredibly half-assed solution, but I guess it's better than ignoring the elephant in the room.

Worst case you'll just get some "lol we don't kill him because reasons" or just general unwillingness to deal with it after the fact. In which case you're probably just going to have to grin and bear it.

Metagaming is bad, kill his character.