Is Link an artificer?

is Link an artificer?

Fighter/Bard. This has been discussed to death.

Is Ganon a dorf?

/thread

He doesn't create/maintain his own equipment so no artificer. Bard/fighter fits perfectly.

how can he not be an artificer if he solves literally every problem with devices including the ocarina

Why not ranger?
How would he be in 5e?

Pretty much any class can use magic items they find in dungeons. The core of the Artificer is making those items yourself.

I always model dwarves on him.
The fools i play with think I am original and shit. HAhahahaaa....

>Fighter with magic sword
>Hur dur how do I swing it, I am not an artificer
Also, see UMD or magic items in general

Link's magic is frequently music reliant, and also tends to be less nature themed than most Ranger spell lists.

>sword
he has tons of magic shit besides swords
also, the only reason you can use a computer is because computers are made for retards to use

>uses bow as well as he uses swords
>has as much mana as he has HP

>Pretty much any class can use magic items they find in dungeons. The core of the Artificer is making those items yourself.
even if the character relies on those magic items at all times? if your evocations skill is 10x stronger than your swordsman skill are you still a swordsman?

True, but he also has an affinity for animals and BotW plays up his survival skills. I would say fighter core with a few bard and ranger levels, the exact build depending on which version of Link we're talking about.

You are if you still prefer to practice swordsmanship. It may not be your best feature, but it is what you are.

>facetious

okay, so then:
>Grappling Hook/Hookshot
how do I use rope with a grappling hook without being a ranger?
>Boomerang
how do I use a boomerang without being from the outback?
>Bomb
how do I light a fuse and throw a bomb without being an artificer?
>Bow
how do I shoot a bow without being an elf?
>Lanturn
(see bomb)
>Hammer
how do I swing a hammer without being a dwarf?
>Flute
how do I use the Perform(Wind) skill without being a bard?
>Net
how do I use a net without being a 10 year-old?
>Fire/Ice Rod
how do I use a wand without being Harry Potter?
>Shovel
how do I dig without being a necromancer?
>Flippers
how do I swim without being a mermaid?
>Tunics
how do I put on clothes without my mother?

You're not paying attention to the point you are implying with (): If you are not part of the speciality, arbitrary class associated with the class specific item, presumably, then all attempts fail. This is not true in D&D (in any addition) or any other famous/reasonably known RPGs out there.

Having a horse and survival skills doesn't make you a ranger, it makes you competent.

He's a Bard who cheated on his character sheet. Valor+Lore traits with high stats in every field.

You could say the same about his music considering he relies on magical instruments to do anything special. Knowing how to play an ocarina doesn't make you a bard.

Link isn't a fighter or a bard or a ranger because he's not a D&D character. But if you wanted to *represent* him in D&D then any of those classes, in some combination, could probably come out feeling like some version of Link.

On a side note, he might actually qualify for a few Artificer levels in Spirit Tracks where he's a certified engineer.

just because the use of those items aren't involved in the game mechanic it doesn't mean you don't need skill to use them. you just have to press a button to swing a sword, play an ocarina or shoot a bow but it doesn't mean it is easy and skill isn't necessary.

You weren't talking about skills earlier, but class abilities. Which argument are you having with yourself?

with myself? read is objectively wrong

I see. Then:

>Class abilities are class specific.
>Skills are not class specific.
Which do you think has more of an effect on a character?

inb4 both equally

>be a bard
>have more points on weapons than on your instrument
>outfight a fighter
>still a bard

BotW Link is definitely more of a Ranger

>default outfit is a comfy tunic, no chain shirt
>more emphasis on archery, up to the final boss battle
>stealth and survival used a lot, you often stalk and hunt your enemies
>no musical skills this time
>taming animals, with horse as companion

>be a ranger
>put equal points in Climb, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Local, Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform (Wind), Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, and Use Magic Device
>outfit a fighter
>still a ranger

Why do people keep calling him a bard when anyone can take perform and he doesn't do anything a bard does? Playing the Ocarine, Windwaker and somesuch is just that. Playing them. 90% of Links use wands or medallions to cast magic, which you can put down to him just using an enchanted medallion that casts meteor swarm or something. The only spells he ever casts are those bestowed to him by the fairy queens or the dead champions, while Zelda, Ganondorf, the Witches and a shitton of other people are canonical wizards or sorcerers that learned to cast spells in some way. The OOT ones are just bestowed by plot, so he just gains the ability to cast those three spells and nothing else. The BotW ones aren't even cast by him, the ghosts of the champions are following him and do it for him.

What he does canonically have is ridiculous resiliance, ludicrious competency in anything he does, high aptitude with any weapon he touches and fancy as fuck sword skills. So he needs to be an amazing warrior that can take hits and use magic devices, so any class that can do that will do.

He's also pretty damn sneaky, I guess.

trips of truth

The only class I remember having a built in horse is like, Paladin.

It's dependent on what Link we're talking about here. The Link from Oot+MM would definitely be a bard/fighter given how reliant Link is on his ocarina in those games, WW Link obviously has music knowledge based on how he uses the Wind Waker, and maybe Skyward Sword if you count the use of the harp (though granted he only gets the harp like halfway through SS so maybe not).

Warblade/Eternal Champion with a racial that lets him take UMD and Perform as class skill

he's an elf ranger without track

No, he's a Factotum.

Because those people are superifical idiots who think "guy who plays and instrument and shit happens = bard", conveniently omitting the fact every magic link has done with instruments is thanks to the instrument itself, not because its an ability he has.

>i have to shove everything from any piece of media into a class
>everything from every piece of media needs to have an alignment
>someone made one of these retarded threads and i just had to go in and post a reply complaining about it
Autism. Autism for everyone.

This thread was on page 9 less than 10 minutes ago. You fucks are keeping it alive.

But he uses Cutting Words, or Inspire Courage or casts spells from different schools, be's obviously a bard.

that's because this is an interesting topic, unlike 95% of tg

oh shit the no fun police has arrived

Only a few Links have been particularly sneaky, with BotW Link taking the cake.
But that's why I agree with another user that each Link should be statted separately. They are fundamentally similar, but they are different.

cerca 2012 Veeky Forums

He's a fighter with a fuckton of magic items. That's it. That's all he's ever been.