>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Warhammer/Fantasy/Roleplay/2nd edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa

>Last time on /5eg/
What's the strangest plane/demiplane that you've visited?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpg.rem.uz/Warhammer/Fantasy/Roleplay/2nd edition/
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What's the strangest plane/demiplane that you've visited?
This one.

Just for clarification, I can stow my shield as a free action to two-hand a weapon and then it takes an action/bonus action to re-equip it, right?

Stowing a shield takes an action

What are some essential feats for wizard?

>Keen Mind
>Warcaster

Is warcaster even worth it just to be able to carry a shield?

So what's wrong with the new UA?

Read it m8

Fey Teleportation

Is there anything really wrong (besides min-maxing) with being something suboptimal like a lizardfolk wizard, a gnome barbarian, or a Goliath rogue?

Other than it singling you out as a special snowflake that likes to play against type, not really

If you need the action economy it's better to drop it.

Shields, while useful in skirmishes and a necessity in most full battles, are a luxury for professional adventurers; it takes time to get one off your back and wear it without magic, it gets in the way if you need to move over terrain where you need your hands or tight spaces, if it's dark and you're not a mage or one of the lucky races you need a hand for that torch, et cetera.

No, as long as your story for how that character came to be doesn't break tone for the group and is technically possible in the setting.

It seems like you’re either generic half orc barbarian 481964 or a special snowflake really.
Coolio

How do you all feel about a caster-less/all-martial campaign?

can whoever makes the next thread not be too fucking retarded to fix the trove link

Oh fuck, sorry.

Regardless, people should be able to find it if they're not retarded. There's no need to be mean

Resilient for con saves and +1 con.

I dunno, it seems fine to me

>rpg.rem.uz/Warhammer/Fantasy/Roleplay/2nd edition/
God you're a faggot

I recently did a all martial oneshot and it was pretty hard to scale the encounters. (They were to hard) Just a heads up.

>TMW your setting is generic as fuck but you love it anyhow
>TMW one of your players comes up with a fabulous idea for a setting that has a clear tone and themes throughout.
Fuck me anons.
How do you make a clear tone throughout your setting? I'm trying for LOTR noblebright, where there's many terrible things and people in the world but heroes (the party) that manage to carry the day and inspire the people. How should I go about doing that?

Besides being useless shit that should be in the DM manual, nothing it's also not the mystic v4, but what can you do, psionic are hated by wizard so we'll have the finished class next year i guess

My current party lacks any full casters. Not technically completely caster-less, but severely lacking in magic. It makes things interesting because we have to get creative with how we solve issues.

We're in the worst timeline.
6th edition when?

I don't think it's a edition specific problem. Witch assumes that you use all resources you can get and in a world of magical monsters magic is an available resource. To be fair it was a oneshot and they did not have any good equip.

reposting Fabio

Sorry autocorrect, *an edition and *wotc

Rolled 14, 19, 3, 19, 6, 4 = 65 (6d20)

ROLLING FOR MY GIRTHY WIZARD.
I WILL FLEX UPON THEE WITH KNOWLEDGE.

Rolled 12, 18, 10, 12, 14, 16 = 82 (6d20)

FILTHY WIZARD YOU SHALL FACE MY BARBARIAN RAGE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comanche class when?

Sarcasm, friend. Getting another edition means we risk getting another 4th ed, or another 3rd with all of it's homebrew nonsense that players would keep shoving in my face.
I'm in a comfy spot right now, I don't plan on giving it up.

Why are we doing this already?

I wouldn't mind another 4e that learnt from its mistakes.

Because it's fun, user.
Not all threads have to be acoustic sperging about wizards being OP.

I'm planning a dungeon that will be a massive crashed airship above a submarine sinkhole. At the bottom of the sinkhole there's going to be some Titanic monster that swatted the airship out of the sky. My question is what are some interesting monsters that could be used as the final bosses for this dungeon.

It's not Mystic v4 / More battle master manuevers / more metamagic

shitposting aside, it's just useless extra crunch for something that's already covered in the DMG

>acoustic
are people doing this on purpose now?

That's fair. After posting that I thought about how 6th ed might have a section for making your own classes/races. So I think that's the only thing that'd really worry me.
Or having another Seeker, which I've never played but I've been told was terrible.

Kraken

Well the obvious answer is a Kraken.

How do you play

Is it in thread or do you make character

>5e Trove
>rpg.rem.uz/Warhammer/Fantasy/Roleplay/2nd edition/
>Pastebin is for Warhammer Fantasy general

Can we please stop this, I need actual links

Do you think you could role play a barbarian that's a sumo wrestler?

All
WARLOCK
SORCERER
RANGER
DRUID
MONK
ROASTIES
GET OUT

Is there a point in both GWM and PAM on the same character?

no

yes, because GWM applies to the 1d4 bonus action attack

Fat damage

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

But GWM already gives a bonus attack.

I need a good D&D podcast/roll 20 show for my works outs.

Preferably one without face cam

I refuse

The Adventure Zone

Only if you kill something

1 vs 1 me then against my Level 20 Lore Wizard then

the polearm master attack is far more reliable. you take great weapon master for the -5/+10

Daga kotowaru

Alright, so. Mearls just did a piece on Dwarves for D&D Beyond, and started talking about how they're developing the powers gained from their servitude under the Mind Flayers further. That they are incorporating psionics into machinery...

I think Mystics and new psionic items will be in Tome of Foes.

Prety sure that's just talking about duergars

>That they are incorporating psionics into machinery...
So, Psionic Artificers then?

>Mfw level 20 open hand monk

>Anything ever beating a level 20 wizard

Time stop son

If you have access to the Green Flame/Booming blade cantrip you could get warcaster. You won't get an opportunity attack from a creature entering your space, but if you have a greatsword you can damage mobs like they're nothing, and that always feels good.

He's talking about Duergar.

Mystic will be in either its own book or in Dark Sun Companions Guide

>he wins on initiative
>he runs up and stunning strike chains you
>he quivering palms you

Contingency a spell for "whenever a mouthbreathing martial gets within 5ft of me"

What are some possible conditions for a contract with a Fiend?

You're not trying hard enough buddy

>He's mastered the art of nose-breathing

Level? Setting? Which Fiend? Is this for a Warlock or someone wanting to literally deal with the devil?

Hope they tone down Mystics. They’re worse than Wizards at the moments.
I was previously in an All-Wizard party as a Fighter until one of them discovered Mystics. Now I’m in an All-Mystic party as a Rogue

somebody just end my wretched existence, please

N-NANI?!

Yeah it's for a Warlock. Think we'll start around 3-5 and won't get further than 10-15. Semi-low magic setting, forgotten realms.

but time stop sucks

I'm annoyed no Artificer rework. It wad supposed to be out before end of 2017 and we're in 2018.

I just want to port over my character but the 5e artificer is too weak in every aspect. It can't work as a caster, it can't work as a martial, it sucks as a gish.

>as a rogue
>That's a nice brain you got there, sure would be a shame if someone shoved a knife through it.

oof, mystics just get too much. I think the easy fix would be to cut the starting disciplines in half. I played a level 3 mystic and I think I had 4 disciplines? It was too much.

FR realms is ridiculously high magic.
Your DM would know that if you read the fucking book.

>I just want to port over my character but the 5e artificer is too weak in every aspect. It can't work as a caster, it can't work as a martial, it sucks as a gish.

The Gunsmith is pretty good, the huge range and a flying mount were pretty OP when I played it. I play on maptools though, most battlemats don't have 500 feet of gridspace.

Gunsmith is fine as a semimartial, same damage progression as rogue sneak attack without the sneak attack requirement. The problem with the class is that it doesn't feel like an artificer.

This. Also telekinesis should not be second level.

I'm almost more inclined to believe he doesn't know what low/high magic means. One player asked once, he said "low magic" even though we've seen tons of magic at that point.

>1 attack with weapon that requires you use both actio and bonus action and basically no other class features
I've played it, it's shit.

Has anyone tried the Gunsmith class from Critical Role?

Seemed to have more robustness by having it be a specialization of ranged fighter

>More powerful BM fighter that occasionally breaks to "balance it"
Mercer has no idea how to design for 5e.

It's overpowered and the "balancing" factor is easy to work around
>"I don't wanna risk misfiring on this shot so I'm gonna spend a grit point to gain advantage on this attack."
>"Oh, that's a 2. My gun would misfire but I'm gonna spend a luck."

I'll admit I haven't actually looked at the rules for it lol

Thoughts on giving a mid to high level party access to an airship, for lack of a better word?

Been thinking of having my party discover a crashed Githyanki skiff the party Wizard Tinker can possibly repair to fly again. I have planned to have the Githyanki become more active in a plot involving the Drow cultists they've been investigating.

do it. a high level party with a wizard can already go wherever the hell they want, anyways.

Yes yes 100x yes.
Any time I play a campaign I secretly hope the DM will give us an airship and we can have a mobile base, but it never happens.

Yes give them the advantage some of their opponents will sorely lack, zeppelins.

attack with weapon that requires you use both actio and bonus action and basically no other class features
>I've played it, it's shit.
yeah, the BA reload thing was a pain. Hard to get in a Magic Weapon spell (which is mandatory, unless your DM gives you a magic thundercannon, which never appears in any random loots tables)

BUT- having my Mecha Giant Eagle was pretty rad. 80 foot fly speed, and its smart enough to take it's own actions. Its huge action economy cheese, my mount was regularly taking a readied action to flee if attacked.

>Divination Wizard rolls a 2 on portent
>Challenges barbarian in the party to arm wrestle
>Whips out his 2 and gives it to the barbarian
>Barbarian, who already had trust issues with the wizard in character, expresses disdain for him and claims he's a disgusting cheater
>Wizard whines OOC that he didn't use magic I just foresaw him losing
>Barb says OOC that his character doesn't fucking care, the weak wizard should never have been able to win and his Barb will suspect him of magic bullshit

It made wonder how the fuck Portent actually works in the game. The description phrases it like you've just foreseen the future, and don't actually change anything. But how does that work with "impossibilities" like the big guy barb losing to weak as shit wizard?

I've thought of playing a small race artificer that uses a Giant Spider/Scorpion automaton as sort of a mobile throne or move assist, Doc Ock style or the villain from Wild Wild Wests spider legs

Partner scales like shit and is basically your only class feature.

Overpowered, but balance isn't really important in 5e anyways

100% absolutely
A: Airships are super fun
B: Wizards can cast fly on the whole party by that point anyways, so it's not like it's super overpowered or anything, it's just much more convenient and cool
C: It's not like they can fly it inside a dungeon or anything, if your parties already explored most of the land it just makes travel much less monotonous

I'm just sorta tired of them always bartering for horses they use for one trip then decide to teleport home, leaving them to starve or go feral and get eaten by the wild predators because the Wizard is so stingy with their spell slots and won't cast fly regularly

Gonna start minor minionmancing by grabbing tiny servant. What little buddies do I animate?

>Wizard is so stingy with their spell slots and won't cast fly regularly

He can literally rest as soon as he gets back to town though