Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Welcome to the Jurassic Park edition.

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2. Also Liadrin is best girl.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread:

Where was Deathwing on the power scale?

Stronger than The Lich King?
Stronger than Archimonde?

is it the cosmologyfag behind these weekday threads?

>"I want Sen'jin's vision of the Troll Tribes united under the Horde to come true"
>"lol okay but it happens when the Bitch Queen is being Garrosh 2.0"

What do you guys think of my theory for Warcraft cosmology? I came up with it from data collected from WoW itself.

Is it the autismfag behind this post?

I think it's shit, and you should probably kill yourself.

I have the better version here
no void shit, thanks

What's your problem? It's a highly evolved troll to lead the troll Horde.

What’s the dark beyond suppose to be?

Stronger than both tbqh, weaker than titans

Space.

Wouldn’t it be around Azeroth, as it’s part of the Material universe?

here's my take on it

Yes, but diagram guy either doesn't know that or chose to represent it in an obscure way.

Stay away from the voodoo

Say something nice about pandas, Veeky Forums.

Don't you have a capital to burn?

Their land was great and I wish the expansion dedicated to it wasn't tainted by RvB bullshit.

The point is to make a shitty chart based on the most arbitrary of standards that, such as how often words are capitalized. All to claim your diagram has backing from the ingame lore, but only as interpreted by you, when it's really just your outdated and contradicted headcanon about how you wished things worked.

In terms of raw destructive power, yes. He almost cracked the planet in half just by waking up. He could wash over whole areas and burn everything in them alive and took going back in time to use the superweapon he created to finally kill him, along with the other Aspects pouring the last of their own power into the Dragon Soul. In terms of organizational strength and ability to command an army though, absolutely not. Guy was a raving lunatic and was too crazy to accomplish his own goals.

Lorewalker Cho is cool and MoP had the most well told story of all the expansions.

At least they're better than American humans.

no idea why people don't like Kul Tirans

I'll say this once: stop shitposting this in every thread, we get that you mock autism of anti-Chronicles fag, but this is getting less amusing and more annoying.

You're good though.

He seemed to command his Black Dragons well enough. Brought his kids back to life to continue their crazy dragon experiments along with his wife.

Though most of the Hammer’s actions were due to Cho’gall.

Because they're nine foot tall humans for no reason all of a sudden?

Kill yourself, weekday poster.

Cho'gall was doing great.
It was Benedictus taking over that was the problem.

Maybe they’re all secret vrykul who just found the old ruins of Kul’trias and took on their culture as well as their own?

Good nutrition

>no reason

A healthy diet primarily composed of sea food.
Stormwindians are actually manlets because of malnutrition because Westfall never works properly.

The Twilight Father thing was just so they could tie him in to some book.

But everyone in that church has got to be evil.

And fat.

The males are strongfat.

The females are just fat.

>not realizing it was one Vyrkul Tyr's Isles that devolved into Kul Tiras over time

Nobody replied in the previous thread, so I'm reposting my theory
>I think there might be some truth to that, as stupid as it may sound. We learn in BfA that Bwonsamdi gets stronger when he gets more souls, and he's trying to get more of them by any means necessary. And what's more likely to provide him with a shitload of souls than a world war? So he pushed Sylvanas as the next warchief to start that war. He's definitely not a good character, he comes off as extremely sketchy and scheming in BfA. Perhaps he's gonna try and take over the world with an army of ghosts when he gets enough of them (he straight up tells you he needs one million of them, and that is from you alone).

Blizzard is all about making things different from one another. Like how Blackrock orcs were always black, Shattered hand look like BDSM freaks with missing hands.

If they're going to add new humans, they have to have some unique looking designs or it's just Stormwind Human 2: Electric Boogaloo. Reason why Gilneans are strictly worgen.

Bwonsamdi tricked a woman into sacrificing her daughter for immortality than tricked you into killing her, just for two more souls.

Him starting a world war to get more souls certainly sounds like the sort of thing he'd do.

Does that happen in BfA?

>Reason why Gilneans are strictly worgen.

There's quite a lot of regular Gilneans around really.

But the ones you interact with the most are either Worgen all the time or turn into one when rage mode activates.

Yeah, in Nazmir questing.

You come across a little ghostly Troll girl looking for her mother. Bwonsamdi encourages you to help her find "mada". You do, and discover she sacrificed said daughter in a deal with Bwonsamdi for eternal life. When you kill her for this, Bwonsamdi laughs at her thinking she'd be able to escape his grasp forever.

It's not like you interact with Worgen very much anyway. Bradensbrook was all regular Gilneans, of the four Gilnean characters who I can name and are in legion - Genn, Darius, Tess and Lorna - two are pure human and two are worgen, though Genn is usually in human form.

It provided an excuse to hear Jim Cummings do his best 'chinaman' impression.

Has the troll woman been immortal for a while, or did she recently sacrifice her kid for immortality?

Now he's stuck on it like with Havi.

It's not really shown, you find the mada in a coffin in the temple.

It could have been hundreds of years ago or just yesterday. He's a patient deity.

...thinking it over it was probably fairly in the past, at the least pre-cataclysm. The girl mentions the priests treating her nice and giving her a new dress. The only "priests" left are one weirdo hunting blood trolls to pay off his debt.

Grimdark

What would be so special about this troll woman that Bwonsamdi would want her soul and the kids. If the priests were in on it, they obviously green lit the idea for her to sacrifice her daughter for only her to gain immortality.

>Tyr's Fall
>Tirisfal
>Kul Tiras
Fuck, it makes sense. Likely named by Drust, which seems to be closer to Vrykul in looks.

>Warcraft Lore
>Implying everything isn't CORRUPTION

They've managed to do what no other race has done in azeroth. Maintain the neutrality of their people while also fighting for both sides. Pandaren are nothing more than mercenaries who fight for the highest bidder

I miss my Destruction Warlock bursting into flames when powered up.

And Celestine of the Harvest, though I have never seen her in person, and only as a world quest giver.

He just likes to make deals and troll people.

t. Lorelet

Based Pandas.

Don't think that makes him some hidden evil, just an asshole.

Though I wouldn't mind if we do have to kill him to stop his evil plot, only for Vol'jin to absorb his power ala Drakkari and become the Avatar of Death. Bringing him back to life to lead the Horde again.

A sound theory. Blizzard isn't going to blow their load on the void lords yet, took them 14 years to give us sargeras. They'll create a bunch of side villains to keep things interesting, and as far as I know they haven't actually taken this angle yet (a madman trying to take over the world with a spirit army).

Of course if this happens you can prepare for sylvanas to save the day, she kind of specializes in recycling lost souls

>Just realized that Bwonsamdi is both figuratively and literally a Troll God

In Shadows of the Horde Bwonsamdi lets Tyrathan live on Vol'jin's request, but mentions no one escapes him forever.

Bwonsamdi will grant you a reprieve but he is NOT going to tolerate immortality. He'll wait thousands of years for your soul, but he'll have it.

>a madman trying to take over the world with a spirit army
Technically the Thunder King. And if you swap spirits for the undead, then the Lich King.

Everyone has an army trying to destroy or take over the world. Burning Legion, Twilight Hammer, Iron Horde, Illidari, Scourge.

I don't think he's trying to take over the world, but I think he's in the middle of a scheme to net himself a whole new Empire of Death worshipers to pay him homage. He's already got the Zandalari in his debt and a contract with the Horde champion. If he's still got plans for Vol'jin, that's another influential Horde figure in his pocket. Sylvanas desperately needs a sponsor who's strong in Death magic, and who better than Bwonsamdi?

And if Thrall's the one to bring Vol'jin's urn to the Death loa, a Thrall who no longer has the Doomhammer or the Elements and would only retain the inherent Shamanistic connection to spirits, then that's another influential Horde figure Bwonsamdi can encourage to try out some good old fashion Death magic. And maybe bring back Vol'jin in exchange.

Now that warcraft has gone full anime with ridiculous power levels and all that, how much longer do we have to wait for tyrande to become an avatar of elune and nuke the living Fucking out of someone with moonbeams shot from her eyes?

>Tyrathan
Yes, but specifically talking about "spirit" armies here. Of which we've got one and a half already.

That'll be expansion 11.

Oh, and if Bwonsamdi's ritual grants him the souls of everyone you kill, and he gains power depending on those souls sent to him, what happens when you go kill G'huun in his name?
Until Bwonsamdi starts eating gods and becomes the dominant Death God in the land, backing the Horde to keep the balance of power between the factions.

If this bwonsamdi guy is really planning something, then sylvanas is the only one who can stop him since she has no soul. Alternatively, he might be the only one who can find a way to fix her soul, or replace it with a new one

>Night Elves
>Being allowed to do anything but die so humans can save them

Funny joke user.

Pandaria was a good time to be a destrolock. So much mobility. So much FIRE. Eat your imp and keep going forever. Plus, we got the first class quest in like forever, which felt oh so very good.

Sylvanas has a soul. Where it goes when she dies is what has her so terrified. And guess what? It's entirely within Bwonsamdi's power to help her out with that.

If she cares to sign a contract.

>You got what you wanted
>But you lost what you had

I thought frostmourne destroyed her soul, amd that's why she has nothing but limbo waiting for her in death?

No, she's still got a soul. What awaited her wasn't limbo, but an endless darkness full of terrible -things- that tortured her soul. My guesses either being a Void dominated section of the Shadowlands, or the Void itself, based on the description.

And Sylvanas would likely prove quite pliable in the hands of someone who could spare her that fate. Which is my guess as to why Bwonsamdi would want her. She's exactly the kind of person who'd take the bait.

Oh, I guess that's just as bad then. Either way can hardly blame her for not wanting to go through that. That doesn't excuse all the bullshit she's done since then but still.

>defend your country from an apocalyptic horde
>die a hero
>get brought back out of spite and turned into a monster
>the people you died to protect reject you and want you dead again
>basically no one on the planet wants you to exist or is thankful for what you did

She's actually quite a tragic character

Why doesn't she have a warlock buddy just capture her soul? Is she retarded lmao?

It's pretty bad, and we don't fully understand the mechanics of why it happens. Do all undead go to that dark place, or only the shitty ones. We know Arthas went there.
Bwonsamdi dislikes undeath because it keeps souls from him, but I can think of a deal that might satisfy both him and Sylvanas. Binding the Forsaken as a whole to him. That could be the kind of deal he offers. She gets to keep on existing so long as she keeps giving him the souls of each and every single one of her Forsaken, every undead they raise whether it kills itself instantly or not, and every being they ever kill.

So if she's condemned to the void upon death, and alleria has just begun mastering the void....dawwwwww alleria is gonna save her little sister from eternal damnation

Farming in Halfhill was comfy.

Please, Tyrande is most likely going to need to learn how to use Light, because Elune was actually Eonar all along, and Elunaria is one of the smaller planet-like things orbiting Azeroth.

Frostmourne traps souls of the slain inside itself.
But to raise undead, you need to put their soul back in their bodies, especially if you want them intelligent.
After all, Arthas made Sylvanas as a Banshee first, and only later she repossessed her dead body.

But Elune is just a Naaru.

No, no, according to Khadgar Elune is like, a SUPER NAARU. Which is different, I'm sure.

And yet Trolls are allowed to wield priest powers because of their very explicitly Wild God deities...

>Light of Elune is silver instead of gold
>Night Elf Priest had racial spell that dealt Arcane damage
>Moon related spells of Druids (which is related to Elune) deal Arcane damage
>White Lady (Azeroth's moon associated with Elune) is visible from Elunaria, planet-like thing where Elune hides
>Legion does not find Eonar's hiding place until it's at Azeroth's doors
I would doubt that this time a Naaru is involved.

You mean a Prime Naruu?

They didn't know there was a shorter way. Also, by going through the Great Sea, orcs managed to save Darkspear and later tauren, who would be wiped out by centaurs if Thrall landed on other side of Kalimdor. They would also end up right in elven lands, instead of relatively empty Barrens.

Think they would be in Desolace, and get killed by centaurs.

Velen straight up told the Elves that Moon Twat is a naaru. Shit, even the whole cyclical moon shtick fits in perfectly with the Naaru life-cycle.

And to add more arguments:
>One of Pillars of Creation is known as Tear of Elune
>It's a creation of titans
>It has no clear Moon powers, but it has clear Life powers, and is clearly related to Emerald Dream, and can be infused with power of Nightmare to spread it further
>No, no, according to Khadgar Elune is like, a SUPER NAARU. Which is different, I'm sure.
It's because Tear of Elune could be used to enable communication with Light's Heart

If I'm remembering correctly, I think he thought she might be a "Light God" who created the Naaru.

I liked the theory going around when Chronicle first came out that she was Azeroth's world soul, but that seems less and less likely.

Xe'ra is a Prime Naaru.
To talk with her, help of O'ros was required, as he was the last known member of Xe'ra's line.
Theory is that Elune made Naaru, but I myself don't subscribe to Elune even existing.

Velen gave this as a theory, but that's hardly believable, as Night Elven priestly arts is different from Church of Light that happened due to Naaru communing with some dudes from Lordaeron, back in time when Empire of Strom was still a thing.

then how did the High Elves discover light magic unconnected to Elune?

The same way that humanity discovered them. Those sensitive or naturally attuned to the Light began to receive visions from the Naaru.

Cracking the planet was more a result of being a shitty houseguest in Deepholm. Slamming the door on his way out sorta broke the world.

(Which makes no sense since the Elemental Planes were created long after Azeroth first existed.)

The Tear of Elune lets you talk to X'era's core and mentions some legend or something that Elune created X'era.

And the Moons have some ties to the Titans as well.

Speculation:
The symbol of the Church of the Light is the ancient human interpretation of a Naaru's form.