Weaponized animals

What are examples of animals used of weapons through history you really like?

Would you accept practices of military breeding?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_ray#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peacock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Romans used to set pigs on fire and makes them run towards elephants.
Big beasts got panicked and stomped their own troupes.

Now this ancient skill is used by people on Sicily to set fire on cats and burn forests.

Anti-tank dogs.

Landmine dolphins

I don't know if there's any truth to them, but I like the various myths involving small animals with flaming rope or twine tied to them, used to set fires in cities. The mongols are said to have done this, and I think I heard of Samson or Hercules doing something like it.

Basically the stories go like this: Some badass protagonist (or army led by a badass) laid siege to a city, or otherwise didn't like its present occupants. So they gathered together thousands of small animals from the city (birds, cats. In the Mongol case this was by demanding them as tribute), attached ropes or string to each one, and set the ropes/string on fire. This panicked the animals and set them running toward their homes in the city. The resulting chaos and fires either burned the city down, or distracted the city's defenders long enough for the badass to overwhelm them.

have anyone tried using cats for anything useful?

You know that Americans wanted to do this in WWII?

Bat Bombs. Bats with timed incendiary explosives attached.

A lot of people wanted to do a lot of things in WW2. Here are a few

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_bomb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_ray#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon

I really fucking love war elephants as a concept.

Just something about big stompy terrifying force-multiplying superheavy prestige cavalry that's basically monsters equipped for war really appeals to me.

keeping mice and other assorted pest out of your storage is useful a plenty

I think my favorite was the Russian attempt to train dogs to run with explosives under tanks. Unfortunately (among other problems) they used their own equipment when training the dogs so in the battlefield they ran after the Russian's own tanks.

I know people do it with cats where i live... But the hippie in me is disturbed by that pic.

also don't forget this one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon
pigeon guided missile

That's got nothing on the chicken-warmed nuclear landmine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Peacock

>cats
>useful
We do not use cats. They use us.

When Hannibal crossed the Alps and attacked Rome, the legions he first fought had never seen an elephant. Most soldiers had probably never even heard of them.

That would have been terrifying. They'd have been seen as actual monsters.

And then there's this pretty lady.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev

Project Acoustic Kitty

Elephants are monsters, we just normalized them

Tactical petting

St Olga of Kiev.

Edgy

I just want to be some ancient indian psycho mahoud laughing like a possesed while my beast stomps on silly greeks. And a different silly greek pays me for doing that!

The artillery bear was all kinds of awesome

It real life weirder than fiction sometimes without any pictures they would say this story was an anime.

The Romans apparently used Molossus dogs (big-ass mastiffs) in combat.

polish guys outperforms ruskies.
Bear in military: polish.
Guinees record for mot alcohol in your blood (3 time the lethal dose): polish (and cause of death was not alcohol poisoning)

>killing vermin
>not useful
you dog fags really are a bunch of delusional ignorant derpfests

Some people never had vermin in their homes. I'm a cat person myself and I never really had mice or anything growing up. The kitties did catch a bat once though.

Granted, it's most likely not your fault if you have mouse problems. I know my gf has mice in her place, and even at 1 month old her cat takes care of them real well. That said, it can be unsettling to watch a cat torture an injured mouse to death.

Cheetahs tame pretty easily, and can be used as 'hunting cats.'

There's essentially no record of a Cheetah ever killing a human and they display little aggression beyond irritated growling so despite being pretty good at taking game, they're almost no danger to humans.

and they are generally really awesome