Interesting Powers

Post ideas for powers that you think are intricate and different.

Mr. Perfect

The user has the ability to create a clone/illusion of themselves while rendering themselves completely ignored by everyone else. While in this state, the user can read the thoughts and opinions of what other people think of them, or more so the clone. The clone cannot act on its own, only react by the opinon of others and the command of the user.

Example: Trying to seduce someone? Create a clone and go "invisible" to see what they think of you. Cute/Handsome/Beautiful are positive thoughts the user can see. The user then gives the order to the clone to enact on those opinions and become what exactly the target wants. If the user sees Ugly/Unattractive/Unseemly negative thoughts of the user, then the user has to find what the target deems attractive first for things to go in their favor. If not, the seducing will end up as unneedling desperate or predatory.

An example for combat situations is pretty self explanatory. The clone acts as a distraction on standby waiting for specific orders from the user while the user stalks in their ignores state. If they see that the target fears them, they can order the clone to act upon is as feared aggressor or to keep the situation at a standstill as a cold hostage taker. If they see the user as defenseless, they can command the clone to enact upon it as a cowar running away or someone pleading for their life. If the clone is destroyed, the user suffers mental damage in the form of small jolts to the brain.

Thoughts on this?

There was a comic once about an orc with the power (not sure if born or thought) to detect the point of structural instability in ANYTHING.

Allowing him to:
>Down a shack with a single hammer smash.
>Make another orc's cock fall off.
>Kill a huge monster from the inside.

That was cool, think the comic was called orc stain.

Not having that I think knowing the exact atomic composition of any material you can feel with your hand will practically be a superpower and ensure that you are rich forever.

But what I would really like is the ability to tap into the subconscious,
be really nice to see what I've been hiding from myself, maybe even remember grade 12 math again.

Did that orc know karate?

His world didn't have Karate....does have Samurai Rabbits though for some reason

I've had an idea in my head for a while about a king power. It doesn't give the user any abilities but they can appoint other people to positions in their court which would then give them abilities.

That could go somewhere if it has a cost or condition to it. Is there a situation to it?
Are they random abilities or thematic to the King?

As an example one could a point their pet rat to the position of spymaster. As a result the rat would gain increased intelligence and the ability to command other rats as his spy's giving you a spy network of rodents. If you appointed your rat to the position of knight instead he would grow to a far larger size and gain natural armor strength and a sense of honour which centers around protecting you.

So basically each position would in court would have its own purpose and those appointed to that position would gain abilities to help them in that purpose but thematic to their own personality and ability. There would also be only one person per position at a time and I imagine that being appointed to a position would form some kind of intimate bond between king and subject

>would form some kind of intimate bond between king and subject
What kind of intimate bond?

The king can force the subject to obey a command but it takes effort. The subject is essentially trading a portion of free will for powers. On the other hand if a subject can kill the king they become the king and now have control of the previous kings court. So if everyone trusts each other and has the same goals its fine but there's vulnerability on either side of the equation that can be taken advantage of if someone decides to be an asshole.

So in a Worm setting, this would be a Trump and Master classification by giving out specific powers tied to the user's trauma/way of thinking with embedded control in a target that appears as trust or allegiance.

How many positions are in a king's court?

No idea. I'm thinking spymaster, knight, jester, wizard. Are there any positions that would fit?

Queen
>telepathic link to King and empowered; can give commands to those empowered

Heir
>can give lesser powers to three other beings

Advisor
>relays all information to the King thats out of the King's perspective in a large diameter

>King
>Queen
>Knight
>Knave

Bishop and sheriff could work as positions

I think it'd make sense if there were a large number of positions but a user could only appoint so many people at one time as the user becomes more skilled they gain the ability to appoint more people until eventually at the upper limit of the power they have filled all the court positions.

The power to fill.

If there's a hole that's familiar to something filling it, the power can work on it. Its projected as a "shadow" or phatasmal projection of the real thing but lacks most things minus its core and substance.

>There's a locked door with a keyhole? Fill it and open the door.
>Someone's mouth is open? Assume a food or liquid they may have eaten and fill it.
>Have you fired a gun like pic related? Fill it and shoot, but it probably won't work like real bullets.
>Have you ever dicked someone in all their holes? At once? Fill them for a weird kind of pleasure.

I'm also thinking of the idea of overloading a hole, as in jamming guns aimed at the user or preparing a closet filled with needles, taking all of the needles out, throwing a person in the closet for interrogation, fill the room with your power, etc.

Maybe they can have a large selection of positions but can only have 3 or 4 people appointed at a time as a limit. If not that, they can have as many people appointed as they want at the cost of their health or sanity.

I like the first idea I also think that appointments should be permanent you can't just take away somone s position because you want more useful powers at the moment nothing short of death is removing someone from a position so both parties better be sure about each other before anyone is appointed

I always wanted to put together a 1e Mutants and Masterminds with Danger Teleportation and Nemesis. DT just lets the DM teleport you to the nearest dangerous situation and Nemesis gives you a power set that helps you with the immediate threat. So basically I’m a guy constantly tossed into bad situations with entirely new superpowers without any information on what happened.

Then the appointment has to be really personal. Imagine it was an emergency scenario and you had to appoint the nearest Joe Shmoe as your Heir in hopes of bringing out more useful powers. Turns out they're the exact opposite of you and turns on you with their own power.

Oh, is it a permanent power at the appointed's command or can the King turn it off and on?

With DT could you tell what the sitiation was before teleporting there? It would be cool if your power knew what the situation was before you even knew yourself as your transformed for the moment. Maybe calling yourself Corresponder or First Response.

I'd say definitely appointed I suppose the king could actively command you not to use it but once its been bestowed the powers yours

How do I turn anime-esque powers bearable for western play?

In most cases anime superpowers aren't that complex its just the ridiculous degree of precision and bullshittery the japs let their characters get away with that makes them complicated

It's actually more an issue that they go to autistic levels of detail with a lot of their powers. It's like a whole nation of munchkins and 3.5 Spellcaster players.