EDH General

Mini announcement Edition

Previously: >Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Unofficial and new, but has GOAT search interface and updates on time.
scryfall.com

>Thread Question
What Planeswalker do you hope are at the helm of C18?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/products/Commander-2018
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/doran-and-the-big-butts/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshiba-kill-u/
youtu.be/zN-8I54Xb0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting the list for Dominaria for reference:
>Urza
>Karn
>Venser
>Embereck
>Masrath
>Tessebik
>Jaya Ballard
>Bo Levar
>Freyalise
>Kristina,
>Teferi
>Tevesh Szat
>Lord Windgrace
>Dyfed
>Jeska
>Serra
>Liliana Vess

What's a good "what the fuck am I casting" type of commander? I want to stumble into combos and wincons, and not necessarily have a set gameplan that I immediately go for every game.

Serra.

arjun my man

WHEN ARE WE GETTING ALLY COLOR PAIRS

Melee izzet paragon maybe

Etali

Ghave. You have to actively try to avoid putting in combos.

It's possible that the 4 planeswalker decks will be ally colored minus Selesnya because they were in C17.

Which planeswalkers would you guys like to see for Azorius, Gruul, Dimir and Rakdos respectively?

Maelstrom Wanderer

>rakdos
fucking anything that's good
>dimir
i would like something like ashiok but other than that idk
>gruul
big ramp, fight, or gib creatures randomly like signal the clans
>azorius
fuckyou.walker

isn't venser Dead dead after new phyrexia? and aren't a bunch of those no longer walkers after time spiral?

But they were Walkers at one point or another, and in commander, they can be printed at any age.

anything temur

Oh, thought you were talking about Dominaria the set.

Do tokens generated off the Scarab God have a Mana cost?

>Jeska
My want knows no bounds for a RB Jeska Walker

They could straight-up do an Azor planeswalker for UW.

How the fuck does Toshi Umezawa win? You can't really goldfish him because of all the kill spells

>Azorious
Tessebik
>Rakdos
Tibalt
>Dimir
Ashiok or Dakkon Blackblade
>Gruul
Dormi Rade

does buying this for $20 make me a faggot?

>magic.wizards.com/en/products/Commander-2018
>august
we got fucking jipped last year its like waiting 2 years for a product

Yes
retard

>$20

I've been looking for ANY copy of them to go for sale for like a year. I felt like $20 was worth it.

yeah last year was pretty shit minus some cards. Overall base decks and commanders were shit submanders range from fun to kinda fun

Yes, mana cost is a copyable value. Works the same way as a normal Clone does.

>>Dakkon Blackblade planeswalker

Oh man, if they got RKF to do the art.

yeah, well, at least I can call people a retard and it be socially acceptable now

>Play aggro
>Kill MAYBE 2 people before you lose
>*runs removal in your path*

>Play tron
>Gets the job done but boring as all hell to pilot
>Extremely vulnerable to Grave Pact effects
I just want to win through something that isn't an infinite combo or miscellaneous cheese.

>tron
you mean voltron?

I hope they bring back a ton of old artists for Dominaria. RKF, Tedin, Drew Tucker, Ron Spencer... A man can dream.

Voltron/Auratron
You know what I mean faggot.

Play big stompy, it's like aggro but better in every way.

>uses shorthand for the wrong archetype
>gets mad

How does Teeg fare in 4+ player pods? I have a bunch of white cards from an old Alesha deck that would fit well in a deck with him at the helm

Meanwhile in glorious EuroPoor

>glorious EuroPoor

Add to that Daria, Taysir, and Ravidel at least.

Never, they're doing themes not colors now.

>no Parcher
You are forgetting the Planeswalker so insane that Urza decided he didn't want him on the whole Nine Titans team

I've somewhat hit a wall with cuts for a Doran deck I'm working on. Would appreciate some thoughts on it.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/doran-and-the-big-butts/

This list is from the wikia, so maybe they are walkers who aren't originally from Dominaria?

Is there a way to play Progenitus that isn't just goodstuff?

NIGGA
MAGIC HAS BEEN RIDING THE ALLIED COLOR PAIR DICK SINCE FOREVER.
Enemy color pairs haven't yet reached parity.
At least print print BFZ style duals in enemy colors, wotc. jesus.

Tron has nothing to do with voltron. Stop being mad to others about your own ineptitude

Elaborate.

Separate user, this is a deck that I want to make.
I want to do something with Surrak, another user had some spicy Yasova Emerge thing going on, but you're likely to suggest some expensive commander that I don't want to waste money on.

If you wanna do crazy shit and not know what's going to happen, play my main man Yidris.

This is the one bit of magic slang that I've never understood.
Voltron is obvious, even if I think the nickname is a bit misguided.
But Tron, what the fuck is that even? It involves the Urza lands... maybe? It's terrible slang, it seems so reasonably just a shorthand of Voltron, 'Tron, etc.

Where's the full image of this?

it's the same idea as voltron, just with lands instead of slapping enchantments on one creatures
it's dumb

Urzatron, kind of like Voltron but different.

I only have a derpy screen shot but here you go

Yidris is just a more cancerous Maelstrom Wanderer

That'll do, thanks fren

Here ya go

This is hysterically wrong

Voltron decks aren't really a thing outside of EDH, so Urzatron decks which have been a thing for a long time and show up regularly in all eternal formats got naming priority.

Four colors is daunting, but I've wanted to make an Ixalan block pirate+merfolk team-up. It's just I compromised on temur colors because it felt easier and stayed on-flavor, but there isn't really a coherent through-line.

Anyone?

Teferi, Freyalise and Windgrace are no longer walkers. Urza, Szat, and Bo Levar are dead, and Dyfed has been dead for thousands of fucking years. Whoever wrote this list must have just been trawling the wiki for walkers from Dominaria without ever knowing who they were.

It's not that bad. My meta doesn't run any super fast pain or fetch lands so manabases don't get too pricey. I'm using the default mana base from the Yidris precon and I usually get him out turn 3.

>What is bogles

>What Planeswalker do you hope are at the helm of C18?
why do we assume they're planeswalker commanders?

neat thanks

i play arjun a lot and yes. that is what you are asking for. you stumble into combos and then when somebody tries to stop the combo you stumble into something to protect it.

>why do we assume they're planeswalker commanders?
That much has been released

>Call on powerful planeswalkers and deploy their signature strategies to make sure you're the last player standing.

What are some good noncreature spells to mill your own deck?

boo. i'm not a fan of any of the planeswalker commanders. i've never bought a precon before though, so i guess i can't complain. hopefully there will be some cards in the 99 i give a shit about.

Mesmeric orb

Who is a commander that fucks over creature-heavy decks? My group is largely stompy and I want to play my goofy single-digit creature count decks without getting completely destroyed

Mogis can become a huge pain real fast. Run damage doublers, cards like Painful Quandary, and Heartless Hidetsugu.

German announcement says nothing about planeswalker commanders

please let that mean they aren't happening
PLEASE

The English announcement doesn't either, at least not explicitly. But it seems to heavily imply it.

I don't have an issue with more PW commanders but I'd prefer if they were a complete 5-card cycle, which won't happen with only 4 decks.

>Arjun with a Leyline down and loadsa mana
Just let Jesus take the wheel my man

>in a rough spot, probably going to lose in the next turn cycle
>topdeck Wheel of Sun and Moon
>Helm of Obedience on my field
Fucking magical feeling.

Do you think this card is viable in omnath?

No. They don't trigger Omnath unless you have a sac outlet

>>Not having a sac outlet at all times in angry Omnath

It's like you WANT to lose to wrath

I was saying how this card was dope to use to Ascend if you needed it in a deck, and my friend was convinced it was bad because
>if you had the lands to do this you'd have Ascended already

I mean you're playing Omnath so I already assumed you wanted to lose.

Freyalise is dead.

ashling + 99 mountains

>When blue players get salty about losing to good ol gruul

Seems legit, you should either Ascend on cracking it (and keep the tokens until they die naturally) if not before, or have a good outlet, but the latter is something you already want.

Pls help

I want to be a samurai hitman

He wins the same way most mono black decks win
Big black Mana
X spells
Geth
rise of the dark realms
Eldrazi
Combo
Or pic related
How he gets there is a little different which is why I love playing him

Massacre Wurm, Rise of the Dark Realms?

More like make someone else lose to all the bolts going off, namely the person who dared to wrath in the first place

You got a list I can use as a jumping-off point?

Yea. Ghave combos with almost anything. put in ANY kind of sacrifice outlet and you can probably do an infinite combo.

You remove Omnath before wrathing, obviously. That's why the sac outlets are so important to have.

How does one build this big mamajamma? I just want the broad strokes

Oh man I can attest to this.

>build Ghave, mainly as "crap out Saprolings and swing with Craterhoof" with a side of sacrifice for counters
>trip over no less than 4 infinite combos over the course of an evening

Ghave is a machine.

Sorry but I just started building it myself
This is the starting point I started from the list I run is a lot different now
The important thing is to have a decent amount of instants at least this list has 40ish of the playable ones in one place
I think I cut about 15 of them but some of those cuts will be meta/ playstyle dependent
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshiba-kill-u/

Land Ramp
Extra drops
Draw power
Doubling Season & Friends
Furnace of Rath & Friends
Sac outlets to dissuade people from one-two punching omnath off the board followed by your board.

Regular gruul ramp + sac outlets
If you play 75% or casual put pic related in
Also there's a storm(???) list around somewhere I think moxnix played one let me grab that
youtu.be/zN-8I54Xb0w

Thanks kind dudes. One last question
If a card puts 2 or more lands on the battlefield at the same time, does landfall triggers each time?

>If a card puts 2 or more lands on the battlefield at the same time, does landfall triggers each time?
yes.