mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's Mathhammer Helper
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDCNczEx8P0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for pain

are they?

Will they ever sell the HQs from the Triumvirate of Ynnead on their own?

Bring a xenos fag is suffering.

The pain i feel even collecting Dark Eldar you mean.

I don't know why I even bother playing.

Never read any dark eldar stuff. Quick rundown on what this actually is from any kind anons?

I play Eldar so I do not agree.

What are the best Xeno Audio books that managed to escape the clutches of the Black Library and made it onto Audible?

The Imperium is nice to hear about, but making my way through the 40+ HH novels leaves a guy a little thirsty for something non-(Super)Human.

you codex is coming soon man, just holdout a little longer

Has anyone seen a guide or video tutorial for painting this guy?

I can help my friend with painting the body on this, but I'm not really sure myself how to break down doing the vortex thing

not if you're down with the clown.

GSC will probably be dead last, except maybe orks. And It'll be sup-par.

Khornates are red
Rubriks are blue
Slaaneshi are whores
but Papa loves you.

But will it be worse than death watch?

Custodes is awesome

Being a xenos fag is like being a cyclist.
Stay off the fucking freeway, wear your special helmet and mind the pedestrians.

I honestly don't expect them to make a GSC codex. GSC felt like a one-off army, like Grey Knights, Deathwatch and (probably) custodes.

Nothing is worse than deathwatch. I'll take solace in that.

Yes

Wouldn't go that far. Well... What army do you play?

But yeah would be nice to get even a faction focus right now. Constant barrage of Imperium/chaos releases over the last few months, then it comes xenos turn aaaaand.... Tumbleweed

I want to get excited about any of the next 3 releases. Feelsbadman

there usually always is a painting article in wd when the release drops

hopefully deathwatch will just get rolled into an Imperial agents book, like the GKs should have been

as someone who has GK (GK in 3rd/4th edition was the dark souls of tabletop) and DW, it hurts to hear that, but your not wrong.

Why the fuck are people bitching playing Xenos? Eldar are great, Tyranids are in a good place, they've acknowledged the Necrons need a big re-work to be effective.

I like it. Good work user

>GK in 3rd/4th edition was the dark souls of tabletop

You have my attention... Please elaborate?

What the fuck is that image.

Because with "Xenos" they mean Orks, they just don't wanna use up their pity quota straight away.

An imperial guard regiment whose gimmick is they're incredibly apathetic if not out right resentful of Astartes.

Too donut steel or not?

I'm hoping for Deathwatch to get removed as an independant army entirely, and I am saying this as a deathwatch player. They should be Inquisition, just with the deathwatch keyword, similar to how Tempestus Scions are not their own faction, but rather a subfaction of Imperial Guard with their own keyword.

Also, the random-ass restrictions on deathwatch units should be lifted. I want a deathwatch chaplain with a jumppack, damnit.

I think you mean Dark Eldar user

Agreed on the first two.

The third... acknowledgements are lovely but a codex is better.

And then you haven't mentioned the other 5 xenos factions I can think of.

I can wait without getting vocally upset, btw, but you asked why people were disappointed so there it is.

Big clown ass right in my face

Ahh gotcha.

New book coming out, overall good plastic model range, don't see any reason to whine.

Right but the books are coming out - the next 3 books are Xeno books.

Why do they resent the Astartes user

Where do you attach the holstered Serpentas on Dragoon walkers? I have 4 now and although they're monopose as all hell I like the models.

2 I've built with the pistols in hand, but I'd like the option to leave them off the others. Just stick it to the rider power packs, or on the little exhaust pipe hoods with the grip pointing towards the rider or something? Instructions don't seem to have a spot picked out.

Models are beautiful ill give you but their rules have always been trash and it might be nice to get a couple new minis like once every 6 years :/

Rules haven't always been trash, when the new book came out in 5th it was a very solid army. Admittedly they've not been competitive since. That said there were a few guys who managed to get some bigger wins with the list during 7th.

GK in 3rd and 4th edition (before they had their 5th edition Matt Ward codex), the only special weapons we had was incinerators and psycannons, and pretty much the ONLY choices for units was strike squads and terminators. You could take deamonhosts and inquisitors but honestly they sucked. Trying to fight orks (or really anything other than daemons) and its like playing Fire Emblem 'no man left behind' run. Seriously, get the old GK codex and you will see how terrible they were.

Glory boys swoop in with their guns, ammo and supplies of clean socks, they just cut the head of the enemy and leave without 9 years of toe-rot. hardtack and having the daily dilemma of sleep by the fire and being seen by the guerrilla restance or sleeping in the dark with a spiderticks.

True but 5th is a while ago dont you think :P

I wonder if these things will have other wargear, maybe a miniature version of lance+shield, or a big flamer to clear the path for the Knights. I hope this comes out soon because it looks great.

Was the other user right? Is GSC battleforce a trap if you want to run GSC with no IG units? I'm trying to work out how should I build the first box and what should I get next but I'm quite confused

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [32 PL, 730/1000]

HQ
Magus [4 PL, 73pts]
Patriarch [8 PL, 174pts]: 2x Familiar, Warlord
Primus [4 PL, 76pts]: Bonesword

Troops
Acolyte Hybrids [5 PL, 173pts]: Cult Icon
2x Acolyte Hybrid (Hand Flamer): 2x Hand Flamer
Acolyte Hybrid (Heavy Weapon): Hand Flamer, Heavy Rock Cutter
Acolyte Hybrid (Heavy Weapon): Hand Flamer, Heavy Rock Drill
Acolyte Leader: Bonesword, Hand Flamer

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 107pts]: Cult Icon, 7x Neophyte Hybrid (Shotgun)
Neophyte Hybrid (Heavy Weapon): Seismic Cannon
Neophyte Hybrid (Heavy Weapon): Mining Laser
Neophyte Leader: Power Pick, Web Pistol

Heavy Support
Goliath Rockgrinder [6 PL, 127pts]: Heavy Mining Laser, Heavy Stubber

Yah I pretty much agree, while not a DW player I loved the concept when Thorpe introduced them in Inquisitor but much like the GK they lost a lot of their flavour when they tried to make an army of them. It's an unfortunate habit of GW to shine a spotlight on an idea that works better in the dark

Don't forget that you were limited to nemesis halberds with swords available to sergeants, and their stats were progressive depending on the unit using them. And your assault cannons were Heavy 3 and no rending.

Sure but to state they've never had a moment in the sun is unfair. I'm an avid DE player, have been since 5th. Do I want more? Sure, but I'm not going to to whine about it.

>Deathwatch officers have nigh-unlimited authority over local powers and request the most forbidden, or arcane wargear, including the legendary spears of the Adeptus Custodes
>But no jump packs

>buy deathwatch overkill
>get the two most worthless armies in the game
Somehow, I thought this was a good idea.

Next 3 books are xenos books, yep

That was announced on 26th January with absolutely no news or rumours or hype train since. Compare that to the most recent release schedules for Custodes and Tsons, who went from announcement to in stores within a month and a constant hype train inbetween, and it's disappointment for xenosfags again.

To me it's starting to seem like GW were caught on the backfoot with all the annoyed xenos players, so they mocked up 3 codex covers real quick and put them out to tide us over, bumping us up the queue past space wolves and deathwatch, and now the rules writers are furiously coming up with something Warhammer Community can showcase.

>If we get subpar codices because we forced GW to rush them I will laugh until I cry

Honestly all i want is a ruleset that gives us a fair chance and maybe 1 or 2 new minis and or an updated sprue for some character models maybe a new archon with more options or something i dont know.

Yup, but at least back then force weapons didnt suck. If you dealt a wound with a force weapon, you could make a psychic test and if you passed you instantly killed the model. Still everything else about the codex was hot garbage but I still have my GK army. In fact most of my GK army (including my GK termies) are still pewter (including stern).

Yeah, it had Extremely arbitrary restrictions on wargear.

They also announced them at a con which generally a further out advancement (see Kharadon Overlords, Death Guard, etc). Learning the when and how of GW's announcements should save you some pain.

Great models though.

Ahhh so dark souls in terms of difficulty playing as them, gotcha. Thanks for the write up!

That'd make me pretty mad I gotta admit

Yeah, but only the Grand Master had a force weapon. Regular GK didn't even have power weapon lance, just +2 str.

>so they mocked up 3 codex covers real quick and put them out to tide us over, bumping us up the queue

Not likely, these schedules are made months in advance as they have to stock up books for the release, xenofags were just put after the AoS event with no ill intent, honestly DG waited months from announcement to release so Im not sure why you are complaining about GW giving out info on upcoming books, just be patient.

At least you'll get interesting stratagems and rules instead of the crappy and mild shit some armies got, there's still hope for your armies as opposed to an army that got a subpar codex like Grey Knights.

Any 1k sons players here that tried the bow enlightened? They look pretty good, especially when combined with a shaman and prescience. How are they as an anti-tank? Is their lack of decent AP too crippling to fit that role?

I've been running 9 since the book came out. I run a powerball of them, a shaman, and Ahriman on a disc. Get them auto wounding on a 4+ and they'll get through a tank. A word of advice, don't forget that even with bows, they're actually pretty good at chaff clearing in combat and they don't care about being in combat.

You can easily make your money back however

if im playing a 1000 points game, what's the general rule/etiquette concerning detachments?

I'd like to field a battalion, spearhead and vanguard but I've been told fielding multiple detachments is scummy behavior, can I get a confirm?

Inquisition armies:
GENERAL
New box of cheap horde geq troops - imperial fanatics. Basically 40k empire flagellants
Inquisitorial storm troopers: tempestus keyword units

Inquisitorial retinue: 3-5 models in the style of the court of the archon with each type giving a different expertise bonus to the unit (warrior acolyte- +1ws) to encourage mixed retinue. 1 per inquisitor

Inquisitors: as customizable as they were in daemonhunters/witch hunters

ORDO SPECIFIC ELITES AND TROOPS

Deathwatch
Grey knights
Sisters

People don't realize that 3 attacks each at S4 is pretty good

In the DoW series the guard grew resentful of Astartes for killing their guys and a group of guards from a blood quest audiobook

Talk to your opponent, not us.

I'm gonna take your word for it on those because you're actually being calm and citing things rationally too lol.

If that's how it's played out in similar situations in the past then I guess there's some recency bias going on with everyone looking at custards and Tsons and thinking it'll happen like that again. That coupled with being nearly back of the queue and nobody likes being back of any queue.

Like I say I'm okay with waiting, especially because I have no time for hobby right now until I've moved house, but I can still tap into the xenos player mindset of disappointment and you did ask what the average xenos player's problem was.

Manlet marines only get 1 attack at S4, lol

>youtube.com/watch?v=uDCNczEx8P0

Its only really scummy if you're going "soup" aka battalion of guardsmen spearhead of admech and outrider of Ravenguard

where other armies (including space marines) would have at minimum 50 models on the field in a 1500pt, a GK player would have about 2 dozen models, and that was it. That was your whole army. a squad of 5 gk terminators, maybe 3 strike squads of 5, Brother Captain Stern or an inquisitor for HQ, and MAYBE a razorback, and that was your entire army for 1.5k.

While ork an tyranid players wouldn't have less than 80 models on the field in a 1.5k point army,

It was brutal and extremely difficult to win against anything that wasn't daemons.

i'm fixing to play my first game, don't wanna surprise my opponent with 5cp 1000 points shenanigans if it's way too WAACy (aiming for competitive but not WAAC)

3 detachments is perfectly fine for a 2000 points game, but might be a bit too much for a 1000. You should discuss with your opponent though.

nah it'll be a pure singular Astra Militarum, thanks for the heads up

I figured something along those lines, thanks

what do you guys think of the CAAC/first death guard list?

HQ (247)
-Lord of Contagion
-Manreaper
-Warlord Trait: Arch-Contaminator
-Nurgle’s Gift
-Teleport Strike
-Cataphractii Armour
-Relic: The Suppurating Plate

Malignant Plaguecaster
-Bolt Pistol
-Corrupted Staff
-Blight Grenades
-Krak Grenades
-Relic: The Pandemic Staff
-Psychic Powers:
-Smite
-Miasma of Pestilence
-Putrescent Vitality

Troops (374)
Plague Marines [7]
-Bolt Gun, Plague Knife (4)
-Icon of Despair
-Plasma Gun, Plague Knife (2)
-Champion: Plasma Gun, Plaguesword, Power Fist

Poxwalkers
-15 man unit
Poxwalkers
-15 man unit

Elite (70)
Noxious Blightbringer
-Plasma Pistol
-Blight Grenades
-Cursed Bell

Fast Attack (158)
-Foetid Bloat-Drone
-Plaguespitter (2)
-Plague Probe
-Gnashing Maw

Heavy Support(150)
-Plagueburst Crawler
-Plague Mortar
-Plaguespitter (2)
-Heavy Slugger

If its not soup its not WAAC

Yeah and if you've got nothing else to do with it you can pop double fight and possibly veterans. I've used them to charge predators and done significant damage in combat. 56 attacks that hit on 2s, re-roll 1s and wound on 4s (maybe 3s if I've got flickering flames floating around) isn't a joke.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, I want information as well. DE are my first love (what got me into the hobby) however you can kind of track their announcement windows and find some patterns. Also its probably worth noting that a lot of it comes from the 'I want it now!' mentality that we all get when we get news about something we like.

big calgar buttcheeks on my face

>5cp

You get +3CP for being battleforged so it would be 8CP. Honestly detachment ammounts isnt what makes a game 'not fun', what makes it is if you bring an army meant to stomp while the other guy didnt and just gets stomped, no one has fun in that so talk to your opponent as to what is and isnt cheesy in his eyes.

Post the list and we'll tell you if its too min-maxed or whatever.

interesting, thanks user, i'll go for 3 detachments and if its a problem i'll break it down further

also is it common to send lists to each other? or do people say "interested in a 1000 points game" and then show up in the dark of what the opponent is bringing?

The "These are the next three codexes" and then 2 weeks of nothing in the preorders hurt my soul.
I've got a unit I don't wanna finish building, because I don't know if I'll want the weapons I want currently, in 3 weeks time.

>hordes
we've got new necromunda minis for that and more on the way... granted not for dirt chap though. might be interesting to see if the upcoming weapon packs will fit with some of the WHFB empire minis though (or whatever they're called in AoS)
the rest sounds cool although Sisters are already established as their own thing and should remain so, not sure if duplication across the codices is a good idea or not

>these schedules are made months in advance as they have to stock up books for the release

I know what you're saying, but my point is that there's been no release yet, and no teasers, and no faction focus etc. All we've seen are 3 covers, whereas in other examples of recent releases we've seen much more content by now. So, for all we know, these 3 could well have broken GW's release schedule in reaction to the xenos players bawwing so hard, and now the rules team are in overdrive to push them to production.

Crackpot theory maybe, and I agree with you that it's not likely, but it's a possibility!

P.s. not complaining, I can't play 40k at the moment so the delay in my codex(es) is ironically welcome for me

>You get +3CP for being battleforged so it would be 8CP.

shit I must've missed that in the rulebook, in that case I probably won't detachment spam, i just wanted to scrounge CP as much as possible

That is the kind of thing you gotta get the feel for in your group. But i would announce if i was running any LOWs but otherwise i keep my list unknown

I just tell them that Im brining a certain army that is focused on a certain aspect, like mechanized black templars or something. Generic enough that they can put tailor their lists a bit but not so much that they are going to counter my shit or be surprised by it all, I'll show them my list if they ask though.

Those colours remind me of a picture you'd see printed on some pogs

Typically you should normally just have a Take All Comers ready with you when you show up, most people tend to abuse list building if they know what they're up against

It is product of the most psychopathic individuals who have lived for hundreds of millennia and have created biomechanical monstrosities so vile and twisted that they'd make that guy from Human Centipede vomit in horror. A Talos Pain engine is quite literally that: a biological machine run by a brain that can't even remember what it used to be and powered by the tangibly collected pain and agony of its victims.

excellent, much thanks anons, pretty excited to start

Welcome to the Guard son, try not to die.

Was it ridiculously easy to win against daemons? Or just kinda average?

Nice. Good post, thanks friend

What are the green bottles though...

>whereas in other examples of recent releases we've seen much more content by now.

Not really, GWs schedule gives the content during the week that the preorder goes live, anything before that has been leaked stuff like WD pictures. Seriously, nothing about the xenos books is out of the ordinary in GWs current schedule, the wait seems longer because of the AoS even that has taken up the whole month.

>play a few more games testing custodes today
>also try out theoretical (but fully logical) rules for aquilon at 88ppm
The spear continued to disappoint as friend from HH gunned it down and when it did get in, failed to deal adequate damage.

On the flip side, if aquilon have rules anything like I tested they’ll be fun as fuck. Storm (heavy) bolter and a S10 AP-4 D3 powerfist on an allarus frame is a really good thing for custodians, it deals very well with both hordes and heavy tanks. Each of them hits almost as hard as a Dreadnought. I lost to chaos soup by objectives and beat guard/Admech soup by kill points, both very fun games

Do you math guys think 88ppm is too little?

Drugs

aye sir

This injured guy wouldn't really fit on Celestine's base right?

Its a shame but I just suddenly thought the image of him reaching out to her would be really good.