G-Garruk is never coming back is he?

G-Garruk is never coming back is he?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwIPwi_FSVc
youtube.com/watch?v=KN0zxVkTH6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He will. Just probably not as a good guy

After that weird debacle with Liliana and the art, I don't really think so.
That or he's gonna come back as evil! now.

He already came back as evil. Do you mean more evil than his current wizard-hunting serial killer mode, somehow?

Does that really count as evil-evil?
I meant like Tezerret levels of evil.

Rapists don't get reprints.

He just got reprinted though. Like, the one that was so "controversial" and everything. In basically the closest thing WotC has to a hall of fame.

Excuse me honey, rapists are worse than murderers and only surpases by racists.

I'd rather get Elspeth back.

I'd rather get Urza back

we have failed at you. forgive us, Garry

Black aligned Elspeth when?

He's a toxic white male.

But user, we did

When she's completed.

I fucking hated that they made it into a joke for an unset. I had such high hopes for Dominaria, Urza's Lore is far way better than any of the planeswalkers, he deserves a good card

Wait what art?

Imagine we get both at Theros 2.0

Dack Fayden wants to steal Elspeth from Erebos

Garruk wants to HUNT A GOD

And wacky adventures happen

Urza is one of those cases where Wizards could never do it justice. He won't get printed in a standard set because he's already long dead and he'd be too powerful if they pulled some kind of time bullshit. Urza as a character works best as a pre-Mending asshole walker who has too much power and no sense of scale. I'd rather they not print him in a commander set as a commander planeswalker because he'd have to be toned down like Freyalise or Teferi. That only leaves room for Urza to appear as a weird promo card or joke set card.

There was one card that had controversial art, where garruk is standing over a helpless liliana, having beaten her down.
Natually, a depiction of wizards fighting in a game about wizards fighting is unnaccaptable, so like 3 people complained loud enough to get the art changed in the MTG online release of the card.
It was a bad portent of things to come, where a dude beating up a girl, when the girl totally deserved it but the dude was still explicitly not exactly in the right frame of mind, is 100% totally unacceptable and woman hating, and that wizards did listen to the vocal minority on this one.

And from that day froward MTG would become the cuckold tcg

>helpless
>bitch got a fireball on lock

I believe you're using the word cuckold wrong in this statement, but yes, because Wizards listened to a vocal minority they started to go down hill and it's only a matter of time before they realize pandering to minorities doesn't actually help with sales. Especially if said minorities don't even play said game

>Garruk wants to HUNT A GOD
I could honestly see this happening.

Cuckold has so many minor variations in meaning these days but the one I'm partial to is:
One who nurtures, supports, and defends a cause that is not their own even to their own detriment and at the expense of their integrity.

no, you don't understand, the toxicity of the patriarchy in showing the superiority of the male over the female, united with the too real rape culture imagery of the hand around the neck and the leg under the crotch is...just, I can't even...I'm literally shaking right now typing this; none should feel as triggered and threatened as I feel in front of that card for a game depicting other actions of cruelty, bloodletting and sadism.

Well, you do have a point so I have to give you that. And this is just stupid. Go false flag as a feminist on

Did you just assume my political gender?

Yes, I realized that I just responded to either bait or stale pasta. Yes, I'm 200.0% fucking dense, but god dammit third wave feminists piss me off. They want their cake (to be treated equally) and eat it too (while still have people treating them like princesses). Fucking disgusting.

Doesn't matter, you have a hole. That's all that counts for me.

>Tezerret
>even registering on the evil scale

it's a wotc tranny it has a dick.

This is the “rape”? Are men not allowed to win over females in Magic art now?

>has a hole
>bitches like a female
>Wants to be treated with respect, but still wants to be a whore
Sounds like a third wave feminist to me user.

Please tell me there is art of them actually fucking.

No. Just look at Ixalan Block art. Especially the pirates.

>threatening a woman (a fictional one at that with supernatural powers) with violence is morally wrong
>enacting violence on a man is empowering, though
If it were just Triumph of Ferocity, it might be a different story. But this is just fucking hypocrisy.

Yup, violence against women is outlawed by Cucks of the Coast. Don't bother critically thinking or looking for answers for yourself, just absorb the Veeky Forums groupthink because all other opinions are SJW and must be purged.

Who are you quoting?

This.
Hell, even the heroes in older sets were more evil than the current villains.

>SJW and must be purged.

correct

Garruk is manly and wizards are threatened by men, so no he isn’t coming back.

Why is WoTC not asking Veeky Forums to build their stories . . ..

I already know a /ourguy/ runs one of my lgs's. Caught him posting here once on his phone.

Greentext doesn't always have to be a quote?
Is this your first day on Veeky Forums?

1. Mercy kill
2. Non human woman
3 . Non violent.

Only Veeky Forums thinks that the Triumph of Ferocity art is what's stopping Garruk from coming back. He was the face of a goddamn core set years after that whole mess. The real reason he's been out of focus for a while is that they made his whole character into "grimderp most dangerous game hunter" which sort of sounds cool on paper but hasn't been all that exciting otherwise. He'll probably show up eventually as a minor antagonist or, if he's lucky, to get some development that makes him more than "rrr kill planeswalkers".

Veeky Forums just likes to make his absence into a meme so they can whine about SJWs.

Another note, if you push Garruk that means "not xenophobe" Nissa has to go (make them both fight each other or whatever).
And we all know which has the favour of the majority.
It's not the big guy

Hopefully fucking never. Putting on the mask would mean she loses all her memories and her personality.

>Urza's Lore is far way better than any of the planeswalkers, he deserves a good card
You know how I know you haven't read the Weatherlight Saga?

Urza barely showed up in the Weatherlight Saga until Apocalypse. Most of his story is told over the Artifacts Cycle.

He's too problematic.
Maybe if he accepts to get chemically castrated.

lol
Get out newfag.

Most people consider The Thran and the Artifacts Cycle to be part of the Weatherlight Saga.

And, let's be honest, both The Thran and The Brother's War are just really poorly-written NTR fapfics.

I'll accept that if Liliana gets fired into the nearest sun.

But then who's Jace going to spill spaghetti over?

That elf lady from Ravnica, maybe?

Pia Nalaar.

Vraska.

I agreed with you up until you tried to jsutify why he hasn't shown up. The reason he hasn't is because until ~ Khans/Origins/BFZ magic's story moved at a glacial pace and we're currently not in an arc that involves him yet. I don't know for how long we'll be on Bolas.

> thread on teegee asking about how to to portray white blue pairing as a villain
> few weeks later mtg release story article about white blue sphinx that is a villain
> implying they already don't

at this point in the story he's probably been gone for a year at minimum, jace in ixalan alone is months. his character is probably irredeemable without some timeshift shenanigans cuz he'd be like the PW grimreaper by now

I just want him to be fucking Full Green.

I hate Green being represented by Elves.

It's less that the lore for Urza is better than the lore for the "standard" planeswalkers, and more that the "eldritch immortal entities who take the role of gods in the setting, but who were once mortal" lore for Oldwalkers was much better than the "color coded, relatable, self-insert protagonist" lore for Nuwalkers. Giving Nuwalker card stats to an Oldwalker (which there were powerful enchantment cards representing attracting the mere attention of... pic related) would not do justice to any Oldwalker.

By Aka6, it's okay in my opinion.

I wasn't the biggest fan of that picture, but Aka6 is always a favorite of mine.

It's kind of weird, for story purposes, to put the PLAYERS in the role of the alien inhuman deities who are too powerful to be allowed to interact with most events. Not that much more is done with the players-as-planeswalkers conceit nowadays anyway, but still.

Can you post 1 other example?

I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about. I never meant to imply Garruk would come back and he would not be a villain anymore. Is that what you're saying? Obviously he's still going to be Michael Myers when he comes back.

He was never a good guy, so I don't see a problem.

Just to add to this, by the way, the idea that Garruk would eventually start hunting planeswalkers was for all intents and purposes part of his original lore anyway. In the planeswalkers' debut articles, the one for Garruk had him lamenting that baloths and beasts and whatnot were just too easy to hunt now. He needed to hunt something more.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew that that meant he'd start hunting planeswalkers. Now, me, I was hoping he wouldn't pick up Black so that we could actually have a mono-green villain for the first time in Magic's history, but the point is, Garruk was pretty clearly planned from the start to be a bad guy.

The difference is simply that people didn't complain about or The internet's ire is a very random thing, and the fact that wizards published both those cards after proves that they don't actually care about the female violence thing, they'll just bend over as soon as somebody gives out about it. It's all lip service.

So Garruk starts to hunt one of the main cast, then they mention Bolas, and bam! New ally.

There are some slight sexual undertones in how Garruk's leg is placed between Liliana's. So there's a kernel of merit to it, but the whole Triumph of Ferocity thing was way overblown.

That's because ORIGINALLY, the conceit was Wizard vs Wizard. IF you read some of the old fiction (or watch some of the HILARIOUSLY TERRIBLE commercials from the 90's) non-walker wizards drew mana from their memories and those memories' connections to the land, just like how players play and tap lands, and they could and did move between planes... it's just that walkers could move between planes instantly with but a thought and were immortal.

youtube.com/watch?v=pwIPwi_FSVc

youtube.com/watch?v=KN0zxVkTH6A

It's not the same, he doesn't have his knee between her legs with her back against a surface.

Garruk, Duh

No, he's gone forever. I wish he could come back. I'd love to have a cool green planeswalker.

I want my beast-summoning, society-hating, axe-wielding badass back, even if he has to stay tainted by Liliana's "vague evil" spell.

>We get a colorshifted Deicide
wtf im excited for Theros 2 now

The Jacetice League already have the "dad" body type slot taken by Gideon.

Before that we already had our boy Dovin Baan

>penetration occurs

>cmc of invoke prejudice

That would be contrived as fuck. No, he should hunt Dack Fayden or something, I dunno.

What I want is to get a mono-green villain, preferably a planeswalker. Every other color has had at least one major villain, but never green. The closest you get is friggin' Freyalise, and she barely qualifies since she mostly just sticks to Llanowar.

I've been meaning to ask though:
Garruk (in his current state) vs. Nissa (present one of course)
Who would essentially come out on top?
inb4 controversy again

>Not a dual card with Green side exile target enchantment and B side exile target creature
>Iconoclasm // Blasphemy

I thought he just meant like planeswalkers that do him wrong and such?
I don't want Garruk to be evil!

Garruk would fuck her shit up, but the writers at WotC would asspull stuff to make Nissa win.

Nissa isn't a pushover though, she's fought many strong enemies, Eldrazi included.

That was with having them bound to the plane and connecting with Jace and Chandra mentally to amp up Chandra's firepower to kill em iirc.
1v1 she dies, like Apollo vs Drago.

nissa is only really powerful on planes with strong and clear leylines, like zendikar. she was barely competent on Innistrad, and Amonkhet basically caused her illness.

in a vacuum, Garruk would beat her handily. on zendikar, Nissa would probably win.

this. walkers have access to more mana and spells thanks to the their ability to draw on multiple planes

Haven't read The Thran, but I've read the other four Artifact book so. The Brothers War is indeed not amazing; it was more a 200 page prologue to Planeswalker like how book 4 was a 200 page epilogue to book 3. But those are two solid books basically dedicated to Urza.

That said, he doesn't need a card. He's too powerful, too dead, and any one card won't aptly represent every version of Urza. Pre-Walker Urza and first 2000 years Urza are different monsters than Fused With Mutani or Bring Everyone Together Urza, which is different than Broken Urza or Invasion Obsessed Urza. These different Urzas aren't one time events, but trends that last hundreds of years and maybe as many pages of text.

“Sparks”?

You know I assumed that was an unreleased set code name but I now realize it's not.

Have you not read anything by Ken Troop?