Lucius is a mary sue confirmed

Lucius is a mary sue confirmed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find this bizarre. So what happens if he’s killed by a mindless entity, or a Null/Pariah?

Slaanesh would reincarnate him in the Warp. He already did that before.

Lucius's can only truly die if he is killed by someone whose heart is filled with nothing but mercy and compassion. That's the condition Slaanesh placed on Lucius's gift.

Slaanesh brings him back anyway.

>mercy and compassion
Waaait, didn't the Emperor cast out those emotions to kill Horus?

Yup, Slaanesh brings him back no matter what. Lucius: Pride and Fall has him resurrecting as a munitorum factory worker who built the landmine that Lucius tripped on.

Everybody's a Mary Sue in 40k fiction.

Necrons are null

...man, the options there is pretty limited in 40k. St Celestine seems the best option as far as I can tell (As she's humble and compassionate rather than a BURN THE HERETICS sort).

>Lucius's fluff for decades has been "if an enemy takes satisfaction in killing him, Lucius overwrites him
>H-HOW DARE A BEING WHO TAKES SATISFACTION IN KILLING LUCIUS TRIGGER HIS CURSE

Why would it not take effect? Is it the unjustified meme that necrons are automatically untouchable by Chaos?

There not being Chaos Necrons (currently...) in no way rules out that Chaos can harm, transform them, or drive them insane. Just like with Grey Knights (who are far more resistant than Necrons are); Chaos has even fewer options with them, but at least one canon GK has been convinced that Chaos will win and at least one canon GK been injected with doubt (as a result of the Changeling goading them into blowing up refugee ships).

They are not. They are not babby Culexus and have never been implied to be so.

>Waaait, didn't the Emperor cast out those emotions to kill Horus?

Very intriguing observation.

Warp can't interact with Necrons souls, peruod. Kill yourself, really.

Paging Mr Kenshiro, Mr Kenshiro to the you are already phone.

Nani!?

Dude is perfectly suited to killing Lucius. I bet the Big L even has tentacled vagina cocks in his armor so pressure points work fine.

>Chaos is a mary sue confirmed
Ftfy

Source: your ass.

Only one who could kill Lucius... Except he'd probably get cut in half.

The best person to kill Lucius would be one that never knew about it. Like servitor clerk 947JDF72E that accidentally the whole city by overloading the plasma generator on a misclick.

It's funny because the only reason this ability is so bullshit is that Lucius is terrible at his job. Tons of characters survive just fine in 40k over multiple millennia despite fighting constantly, but his super special ability is predicated on him constantly failing and dying. Lucius is just REALLY BAD at dueling.

How do Necrons get satisfaction?

He loses a duel in the HH books because he couldn't conceive the concept of punching someone during a sword fight. The dude is fucking terrible.

What if someone feels shame killing Lucius or regret?

Lucius is that one kid in fencing class who does nothing but watch action movie swordfights, then insist that he knows how to fight because of it. Then he gets his ass kicked every week, but he's the teacher's nephew or something so they can't just kick him out.

youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ

I like to think this is less about the pride thing and rather just a case of Slaanesh forcibly respawning Lucius inside the Phasing Sword to keep the curse going and telefragging him. I imagine PS' necrodermis reconstituting later with a wicked headache and no fucking clue what happened.

When has nu-saint celestine shown to be compassionate? Her fluff is pretty much no one knows who or what she is.

>takes satisfaction in killing him

So, does this mean that if you kill him and even feel relief that you won, you get possessed or does it have to be a kind of "fuck yea I did it" kind of feeling?

Her interactions with the inquisitor who keeps trying to find a good reason to kill her and comforting her when the pylon stuff fucked them both up (But celestine more, despite the fact she was the one comforting the less harmed one)

There's kind of a lesson in writing here: give a character an ability that lets them recover from a seeming-fatal loss, and you'll end having to write them as an eternal loser over and over to make the plot work.

It's the same issue with giving main characters a form of bullshit escape, all future encounters have to go out of their way to negate or exhaust this ability and the plot gets clogged with contrivance.

In Lucius's case, just how in Slaanesh's hell is one of the finest duellists in the EC, and one of Slaanesh's favourites no less, just so bad at his one schtick? All those continual losses are selves contrived, when Kharn (who also has a recover-from-death thing but much more balanced), Typhus and Ahriman don't seem to need any special power to survive 10,000 years.

>and one of Slaanesh's favourites no less
Slaanesh isn't a warrior god, he doesn't like Lucius because he is a good swordsman, if that was the only criteria Khorne would have claimed him, Slaanesh likes him because he is so fucking full of ego and is a traitorous bastard who betrayed his best friend

So in other words, Lucius is like Slaanesh's Karanak. That's fucking sad for a traitor Legionary.

>There's kind of a lesson in writing here: give a character an ability that lets them recover from a seeming-fatal loss, and you'll end having to write them as an eternal loser over and over to make the plot work.

It's why no one in the Xmen gets his ass kicked more than Wolverine.

>Pride and Fall has him resurrecting as a munitorum factory worker who built the landmine that Lucius tripped on.

This was literally a Veeky Forums meme and it got canonized?

Guess what. He once stepped on a landmine and became the factory taking pride in his work half a galaxy away.
Geedubya's writers have the spiky chaos double dildo loged firmly in their asses and they are dead set on ramming the other end into you.

what if he died of 'natural' causes? (trips and falls into a volcano or something)

>giant rectangular factory-shaped Lucius wandering around, poking and whipping people and screaming "DUEL ME"
I love it

Wolverine is well justified by the fact that as far as combat abilities go he's decidedly low tier among his kind. Lucius is allegedly in the running for "greatest duelist" but all of his significant kills were actually just him losing and Slaanesh throwing the switch from "lose" to "win"

>became the factory
Are you implying Lucius spend time as a building?

BY THE GLORY OF SLAANESH, I AM REBORN

Or he really enjoys being stabbed.

The one thing the Lord of Excess doesn't have an excess of is fucks to give.

Reminder that any intellectual property of 40k exists solely for lining the pockets of Games Workshop and not to make sense or to have any kind of literary substance.

Lesson is: game designers lurk Veeky Forums.

Hell, OP might be a designer that wanted to see what this paragraph would have risen among we neckbeards.

I'm pretty sure that equates to being a terrible duelist.

It's either that, or I forgot to type the word "worker"
I'll let you pick.

So, which of the primarchs or first founding chapter masters has the best chance at putting him down forever?

unironically Angron, Khorne wouldn't let anything happen to his little buddy.

>alpharius kills lucius
>lucius reincarnates into alpharius
>he starts to gloat
>but wait
>his mask falls off
>he's actually alpharius

Any Demon Primarch, no question. The joke ends when it's about the most prized fucktoy.
Quite possibly any other primarch, because ooga booga Chaosgod magic and Emprah Science.
Of the first founding chapter masters none, because giant spiked chaos dildo.

Lucius is cursed by slaanesh not blessed.

His justification is that someone of pure empathy can finally lay him to rest is also probably bullshit, because slaanesh enjoys fucking with people literally and emotionally.

One of things the gods seem to have as an unwritten rule is that you cant just wave your hand and directly fuck with / massacre the imperium wholesale. There always needs to be a bit of corruption or "in" before they get involved. Otherwise they would have arguably just meddled directly so long ago.

However slaanesh is really pushing the boundaries on this unwritten rule because even the weakest of excuses is used to mess with mortals and reincarnate Lucius. Probably so slaanesh gets to enjoy the feelings of the reincarnation every time.

One thing I don't understand is how Lucius can even remotely be happy to find himself reincarnated alone in the middle of the enemies forces every so often. Sure his plot armour will ultimately allow him to defeat any foe, but it must be an agonisingly slow and boring process for him.

Khorne has a sword that can end the universe in one blow. He just doesn't use it and waits for the end of the universe because loliunno.
There are no rules, just wank.

If anything, the implication of all these shenaingans is that Lucius is much, much better at escaping from the heart of enemy territory and beating off hordes of enemy guards, than he is at challenging people in one-on-one combat in an environment of his choosing.

He's basically a John Rambo type character, who is in deep denial and wants to pretend he's a bishounen swordsmaster. And that's funnier than anything I could've thought up.

God that sounds so lame.

I appreciate GW actually have a solidly creepy concept in Lucius. But it's execution is, as you say, utter wank.

Do all the gods have doomsday weapons? I guess nurgle will ultimately make the under plague and tzeentchs plan probably ends with the universe destroying itself.

I almost feel sorry for him at this point. Its like slaanesh has type cast him because he was a duellist yet, khorne is secretly fucking with him and perpetually forcing him to butcher the rank and file of various enemy forces for the laughs.

Im pretty sure at this point Lucius is addicted to dying and being reborn.

To be fair, knowing that if you die your opponent dies instead and you don't probably encourages reckless/full retard behavior. Victory is basically certain so you can just fuck with people without consequence and self preservation takes a back seat to Slaaneshi arrogance and thrill seeking.

It says nothing about him interacting with his soul

Same way as anyone else

Yeah, it can be very slight. Easiest way to survive (Slaanesh will still reincarnate him) is to intend to capture him and feel disappointment.

>yfw Lucius is mercy killed by the Emperor

YES

But surely the point of this is that he becomes only more skilled opponents and so keeps getting stronger, but this would just make him some shitty pleb with no way off world.