Diversification vs holding a few

what's the argument of diversifying versus picking 3 or 4 holds.

i've got my funds spread across about 12 coins. thinking about putting it all in on 4.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbjPiYE-F4Y&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump. someone give me advice plzz

big diversification is for people who dont know where to invest, simple as that

my 2 cents:

Diversifying means for me 80% in a few strong hodls (atm I have 2) and 20% for gamnbling with low cap coins and daytrading.

Crypto diversifying = having most in an asset that could probably go x2 but pretty sure wont go down and the rest in stuff that can go to pluto but also back to zero.

I'm 100% on board with you. look up buyandhold100crypto, this guy is making great returns. He put $10 in the top 100 coins. This market is full of a bunch of pump and dumps, so diversification is great protection against that and provides great returns.

youtube.com/watch?v=wbjPiYE-F4Y&

Warren Buffet on diversification

TL:DW: If you are not a professional traderm, then no more than 6

I have most of my holdings in just a few coins, but then small seeds in others.

$53k of my $78k are in Raiblocks and Monero.

Is it even possible to diversify here? I feel there are 2 sectors, BTC and alts. You can make other divisions, privacy coins, blockchain solutions... but they don't really behave like a sector.

>dat pic
Sided.exe has stopped working

I do the following
ETH for trading, storing value, moving money around and cashing-out.
XMR for storing value long term and hiding funds from potential taxation (no laws regarding crypto in my country yet)
Main trading crypto, usually something with a lot of volume and volatility ( at this moment it’s PRL)
2 safe bets - low risk, steady gains,’.
2-3 risky bets - low mc shitcoins, usually only on ED, sometimes not even on coinmarketcap.

I believe this is the best way to manage my 10 btc stack, but it takes like 5 hours everyday to do it.

No point in diversifying if you don't have at least 10k on the main coins

to clarify i only have alts. just a lot of em imo. problem with consolidation is it's riskier. i might just be looking for a push to consolidate since i'm being a pussy.

cool vid. definitely can keep that in mind

yeah this is the conclusion i came to. if i consolidate now i can make enough possibly to give back to the smaller ones that can ten x

still building my stack

Diversifying is a slow but sure progress.

That old senile fool needs to wash his hands before touching the gates of heaven.

i'm think of putting it all in on ada, icx, qsp, and not taking out of my enj stack of which i put in a healthy amount already.

Problem with diversification is that 95% of alts will react to btc pumps and dumps.
So yeah in an alt bull market it's good to have a few so you're nearly sure to have some really good gains on 1 or 2, but if bitcoin goes to new high you'll have loss on all of them.

i came in around december 2017 so i haven't experienced in extremities the way bitcoin effects the market. wouldn't that also mean that if i had 3 or 4 strongly invested alts (non btc, eth, ltc) that they would have a drastic draw back too? what usually happens during these bull/bear btc pump and dumps.

>Problem with diversification is that 95% of alts will react to btc pumps and dumps.
That's because 98% of the market relies on Bitcoin for fiat. There are many ways to make tons of cash on an altcoin bear market.

How does this change? How does Eth or anything else for that matter become a viable second pillar that stops alts being at the whim of BTC?

>have exactly 6
Am I gonna make it?

This is correct but remember that all Makiposters are evil.

I’ve been going for about 9 months now, 40% btc 20% eth 40% big alt spread (like 15 alts lol). Total folio of 60k.

I don’t really want to keep this many alts, but I just feel the potential reward is worth holding them. I’ve been taking profits each ATH, which is how I built my btc.

I don’t know what to doooo

For you.

1duyh

help user

oops wrong thread

I just put 80% or so into coins that will have a product and TA shows a confirmed 10x in the long term. I put the rest into an altcoin. I’m thinking about adding another slot for coins under 300 mil market cap to sell off when it gets high and put it into another coin in accumulation phases. I’ve gotten burned on FOMO and the best position to be in is the accumulation phase. Like you can go into stellar right now, but you aren’t making gains like those who got stellar pre 10 cents (month ago). It’s better to seek out those that are low and yet to take off instead of fomo for a 2x

>TA shows a confirmed 10x in the long term
What are you talking about?

Just posting here to say I love this pic. Grade A shoop lmao