General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
>Art Database
ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

MEGA-user, could you post direct links for LoN and MP so we can put them on the OP?

does he have a model and rules still? I don't see it on GWs site

He got a new model

What are you working on /aosg/?
I am working on my Dispossessed Warrior Icon Bearer.

What the fuck when did this happen? I must have really been out of the loop

>Dawi the Hutt

Did you ever call the cute receptionist user

During the end times in WHFB

Bro just check out the Mortarch kit.

It creates Mannfred, Arkhan and Neferata.

Leezards.
the red one was from me trying out a red color scheme and deciding I didn't like it as much as the teal

Or.

Boy I feel fucking stupid, I thought he was gone because his old model is labeled generic Vampire Lord
Who's better on the tabletop, Arkhan or Mannlet? Because I'm starting a skelly boy army

I don't really get how this event works. How many points do I need to bring to take part?
Also
>1 point per newly painted warscroll
I just bought two start collecting boxes. Should I declare at LGS how many unpainted shit I had when the event started or what?

Sadly no.
It turns out she has the same first name as my mom.

Which of these ideas sound cooler to theme a small army off of? Maybe that will help me decide. Fuckin goddamn picking an army in AoS is a trillion times harder than 40k.

>Hordes of iridescent painted metallic Pink, blue and brimstone horrors that have taken on magic from the Realm of metal, shimmering in every color
(tzeentch Daemons only themed army from the Realm of metal, all painted with colorshift metallics or other metallic shades w/ medium, bases with rivers of molten metal, less colorful/shiny as the Daemons grow weaker)

>Dark skinned flesh eating ghouls from the Realm of Shadow who ingest and impale themselves with 'magical' crystals that make their flesh and blood glow
(dark grey skin, glow in the dark paint for highlights and details, model bone detailing as crystal shards instead, bases black cracked earth with glow coming from below)

>Army of Fyreslayers from the Realm of Beasts, basically on a crusade to fight and kill the strongest monsters they can, sort of big game hunters on steroids.
(Pale skin, snow themed, lots of tattoos and trophies. Add hunting gryph hounds/hawks/etc for flavor. Paint weapons as cold iron/blue steel.)

Depends on what you want.
Arkhan is more of a wizard and Mannlet is more of a wound dealer.

How is that a bad thing. You don't call your mom by her first name anyway. I hope.

Wait, isn't your list idea just bonesplittaz but shorter and less green?

FEC sounds amazing. Go for it.

Depends on what you want to play I suppose. With the new battletome, there's three different legions, each headed by a different Mortarch.

Mannfred commands the Legion of Night, they can do ambushing really well

Arkhan commands the Legion of Sacrament, which is all about spell-casting.

You could just buy a few magnets so you can swap between all three whenever you like

Oh hell I guess it is. Still sounds cool though. Maybe they find that big beasties are attracted to ur-gold and hunt them down to get the gold out of them.

what size bases are you anons using for your gravesites?

Also painting Dispossessed warriors, and trying to redo my Grombrindal now that it's been a few years and I discovered shades and layering. And have a lot more variety of paints.

No, it's just the idea of it.
Kinda just weirds me out.

A 40mm base might work, something non intrusive and doesn't look like terrain.

Dude just go for it. Maybe you can get her into AoS and have someone to play with.

Be positive. I believe in you.

>being this much of a literal autist

What's going on? I want to know too

Cute pic, I'm putting it in my special folder.

Just kiss already, you fools.

progressing on my morghast

Steeds of Slaanesh for some Hellstriders.

I'm now layering the skin, I've done the first 2.

>these bases
Why not go oval? Models look amazing tho

The Warlock Aelf, Chadwick. The plan is to finish him before sleep.

Probably for use in 40k.

Anyone read this paragraph in Malign Portents about the great horned rat? What did they mean by arid desert tomb? And a rival?? Is it Settra?

>Army of Fyreslayers from the Realm of Beasts, basically on a crusade to fight and kill the strongest monsters they can, sort of big game hunters on steroids.
What the hell, user. I made up literally the same fluff for my dudes. I'm wearing my tinfoil hat from now on.

>Why not go oval?
Because I already have 20 seekers on that base, when oval wasn't a thing yet.
I want to keep consistency and I really don't want to rebase all of them.

Big morathi tits right in my face

you can lie to these fools but we know you're only using her name as an excuse not to try because you're afraid you will fail.

This is the second time I've copied someone's fluff accidentally. How the fuck is this happening.

It's okay, friend. Our Lodges can engage in friendly competitions of slaying and drinking.

>a rival??

Fucking Nagash you lemon

Just finished magnetizing the wings of my Bretonnian Lord on Griffon.
I have know idea how I'm gonna paint this guy yet, neither the Knight nor the Griffon.
I'm open to ideas if anybody has some, also I've never painted feathers before, so any tips would be awesome.

Also I'm worrying about my choice of colors for my Green Knight "Bretonnian Lord-counts as" in the background. I want to paint him Red-Yellow, but I know fear he might turn out looking like a Mcdonalds commercial

Fucking crisp, mate.

If I pick Fyreslayers, that is. But now I'm discouraged and want to come up with something different. At least my FEC idea is new, I'm just mad I can't use any ghosts in the army unless I gimp myself.

It's hard to be inventive with Fyreslayers since they're so iconic in and of themselves.

That's also alright. My Lodge only exists in my head. But one day I'll finish the SC box I bought a year ago.

hardmode: washes + multiple highlights on every feather

shitmode: drybrush

>iconic
Is that code for retarded?

Bruh do it. There's very little actually decently themes Fyreslayer armies out there. Most of them are shit.

Is Nighthaunt still a viable/competitive army? Does it get anything from the new Nagash book, or is the standard GHB2017 Allegiance still the best option?

Anyone? I'm quite confused

>be me
>be the kind of autist that does 2 layers and three different steps of highlights on his nids carapace's
Hardmode it is then.
What kind of colors would look really cool? I'd like to avoid the typical "Brown-Grey-White" natural look, in favor of something a bit more fantastical. You know, since aos is so high fantasy and all. And I want my brets to fit in better

Let’s see your grave sites skelebros!

This is something I threw together in like 5 minutes, and I’m probably using the wrong base

There is no way to use the wrong base. Gravesite is just a point on the table

There is no base, there is no model. It is just a point of reference you measure 9" out from in a circle.

Getting there. Just metals and base to go really.

With no knives it would be a fuckin great model for blood bowl

Hah, true. The Kairic Acolytes are a really nice kit.

You still need something to mark the spot to measure from. Better a nice decorative marker than a stray dice.

Unless it's an awkward fit in the middle of a terrain piece.

How many fucks are you giving about removing moldlines? I'm trying to be super precise when cleaning models like chariots and knights but God help me - removing moldlines from chaos warrior's capes is a horror

In my youth, I didnt give a fuck. I have lived to regret my errant ways.

I really don't care enough. I only remove them if they're really fucking blatant.
When you've been building Cadians (fucking notorious for this shit) for over a decade you just stop caring.

I use my mold line removing tool all the time. It's ultimately always worth it.

>How many fucks are you giving about removing moldlines?

All the fucks. Always. If I'm paying silly money for GW models I want them to look the absolute best they can.

B-but chaos warriors have those stupid thicc moldlines in places that are nearly impossible to remove. It feels like they look even worse if you try to remove them with a hobby knife

i feel you
i've gave up after a while.

This desu.

Alot of fucks
Mold lines are a pleb filter, whenever I see someones army with loads of them I kniw they will be a faggot

been a while since I build mine, but did remove the moldines before or after assembly? Cause I don't remember having problems at all

>Fucking crisp, mate.
Thanks

>I'm open to ideas if anybody has some, also I've never painted feathers before, so any tips would be awesome.
I suggest you to follow the Duncan tutorial on the Lord of Change, just changing the colours.

Soon

Sooner™

Alright, I reckon AoS Kroot can go one of two ways. Either I end up running swarms of the fuckers using Wanderers as an outflanking army of skirmishers that die in droves, or I run a much smaller force of them as elite wood-monsters with a focus on gunning down their next meals that are masters of re-positioning through warren-like tunnels.

What'd'ya think?

Howd you paint those? Did you pick out each scale? Looks too clean for drybrushing

The brown skin girls were cute. Now you just have Jinder Mahal

pic

Hey, that's pretty good

Its like a phoenix temple gladiator

converted my first plague monk censer bearer lads

They don't really look like they fit in AoS, why not just buy the awesome Wanderer models that already exist.
Support the model line and maybe GW will support them in turn.hopefully

It's drybrush, but with the wash at the end.

It's Eshin Grey > Administratum Grey in Drybrush > White in Drybrush > Nuln Oil

If you do the wash at the end, it merges all the colours and looks cleaner

And the skin? looks like the GW daemonette recipe ?

If you have the skillz

The skin is Rakarth Flesh > Daemonette Hide Wash (I have my recipe for it) > Pallid Wych Flesh

On my graveyard markers, gonna spray and paint them in the morning

LoN is much better than basic nighthaunt, the ability to bring back spirit hosts with necromancers and the graveyards is too good.

I'm truly surprised how soft the old GW plastic is. GW is a shitty company but their material technology is so much better than 10 years ago

Looking good guys. That really makes me want to make some of my own.

do it, use all those spare bits and make something fun

It's amazing how far I have advance in my painting skill after 2 years.
Left is my first model and right is one of my more recent ones.

The left one doesn't look bad, just needs a bit more shading depth. You could just agrax the entire thing, though don't swamp the model, then drybrush it lightly with stormhost silver (or any bright silver) and it's improve it a lot.

I haven't really noticed any difference, myself. Are you talking about the Finecast resin?

Better yet; buy blood warriors and remove the khornate shit and boom you have dynamically posed chaos warriors.

The paint job is honestly too THICC I think.
I plan on keeping it as a memento of where I started.

Which allegiance is best for nighthaunt? Night for the ambushing? Sacrament for summoning ease?

No, I mean plastic models. They feel three times softer than modern GW models like blood warriors
Oh I have 3 already - I'm gonna use them as exalted heroes. Also I actually like blockish non-dynamic warriors desu

I have some goblins left over from when they axed WHFB while I was in the middle of building a goblin army.

Are forest goblins any good? I've heard they're their own army now, Spiderfang or something.
Not including normal goblins or night goblins, I have an arachnarok spider, two or thee boxes of spider riders, and a goblin warboss on a giant spider. Is that enough for a decent army?

The old - like, 2000-2010-ish - era plastic was a lot softer and paler than the mix they use right now. It made it easier to get rid of mould lines, but detail on the newer figures is sharper.

I have mostly just played around with Grand host of Nagash, my pure nighthaunt army turned into soup for all the extras. I take two necromancers to keep my spirit hosts at full strength.

That sounds like you have about enough to start a 1000 point army. A good start!
The question of whether or not it's a decent army is another...

What do you take for your battleline? Skeletons painted like ghosts? You mind sharing your lists and junk? I'm trying to rig together a low point list currently.