Map Thread

All interesting maps and map-related things.

East and West EU gets me every time.

I really liked this one because, while it is basically Earth, it changes the NA's shape enough to be unique while still being recognizable.

But it's happening in real life right now.

Someday I will play Ace Combat probably when it's supported properly on RPCS3 and I will understand what these countries are and how they relate to one another.

East and West are getting reversed? What a fucked world we live in.

I don't know if this is actually supposed to be a fan-made interpretation of the GITS map or if it's just stealing names from Stand Alone Complex.

The Western nations are adopting Eastern values and vice versa.

This one has been around forever, and I'm not sure if this was the final version of this map or not.

(You)
These two maps approached the physical appearance of maps pretty interestingly, and the artists had interesting ways of adding textures and complexity to maps that could've been very generic.

Whereas this map, while I find it pretty, suffers a bit too much from space-filling to feel realistic. You could charitably interpret it as simplifying broadly similar regions, but it feels a little too fake for me to use it as a template or model.

Different perspective and scale here from most fantasy maps and city maps.

This map was devoid of all details, but I liked the textures and the compass rose.

I forget what city this map is for, but I think it was for a 3.5e derivative setting. It's very much a fantasy city, considering the cliffs that cradle the inhabited areas and the way there aren't any habitations outside the bay.

I love the hand-drawn look to this. It suggests details without actually being detailed, and makes good use of color to differentiate buildings and regions compared to

Just a comparison between the map as simple lineart and the map with color added.

The first of a few star maps that I've collected. There aren't that many, compared to fantasy world maps.

This was just so old-fashioned and complex that I had to save it.

These are both small excerpts of a bigger map that some fa/tg/uy made.

This isn't really a map, so much as it is some inspiration on how to draw a fantasy Bronze-age city plan.

The progenitor.

Note the stylistic similarities between this map and the maps produced for The Lands of Ice and Fire poster set.

map27.jpg was too big for Veeky Forums but it was just another version of That is very pulpy.

Its from a pulpy book series. But i love these maps.

Game map from Dominions 4. When I played, I didn't notice any differences between the regions, which disappointed me.

A dungeon map for a location from a D&D adventure. There aren't enough like theses.

Yeah, they're really good. They're full of life and energy.

The first of several historical world maps. I like them for the borders and the artistic elements.

>The Great Union of Asian
Who wrote this?

4e Neverwinter, i.e. the worst edition of Neverwinter.

It's Engrish from Mahouka, the battle harem anime that devolves into incest romance. It's supposed to be "The Great Asian Union" apparently.

Another user's map from Veeky Forums.

Earthdawn is Shadowrun, apparently, but in the distant past.

This is from some Japanese videogame, maybe Fatal Frame?

This starmap was associated with a Sins of the Solar Empire "mod" that never got released and just had a lot of concept art, I believe.

There's something about this map that always pissed me off, but people seem to like it so I archived it.

River autists, eat your hearts out.

The first concept map of the Pillars of Eternity setting, from the Kickstarter post.

I wish this were higher res, but it was interesting and distinct enough that I archived it anyway.

Heres a blank map of mars with oceans if anyone wants to make use of it.

Higher sea level

Blank venus

That doesn't look anything like Mundus Magicus though.

Next few images are just ideas for map icons drawn by various people.

This one is very useful because it provides examples for lots of different types of terrain.

Why don't the wildlings just build ships and go around the wall? Maybe take over an island on Skagos or Bear Island or something.

Good question. Maybe they worship the trees too much?

There's a reason the Night's Watch has a navy at Eastwatch. Between war galleys and log rafts, who has a better chance?

And apparently the Frozen Shore has no trees, it's just Inuit glaciers.