/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding

Divines edition

Previous thread: Where we talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them.
>You don't gotta like MGE, you don't gotta not like MGE, just don't be one of those stop liking what I don't like guys

Home of the as of yet un-named Veeky Forums Monstergirl RPG.
It's work-in-progress "rulebook" can be found here:
>piratepad.net/E41GY9rQQr

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Newer and Updated Monster Girl RPG handbook.
>i.4cdn.org/tg/1518143769411.pdf

Dungeon World Angel Class done by user.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

A fair portion of posters are supportive of the god or gods. But, can we really trust them if their messengers are so often left to their lewd fates?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk
youtube.com/watch?v=Q65sat9Bvt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want fluffy angel discussion!

Are bigger wings better? Or are smaller wings cuter?

>size

You are smalltime. What about fluffiness, downiness, feathercount, connections? Back, shoulder, wrist, hip, etc. Color and stiffness.

How we stop angels from falling to corruption?

Get them before the demon mana does

>How we stop angels from falling to corruption?

You kill the demon Lord and purge the corruption, Next question

I'd argue for keeping her alive and trying to find solutions to the problems of hardcore corruption and imminent extinction.

I mean, odds are the next demon lord will just make the monsters grimdark and fucking lethal again instead of cute and fuggable.

So she can stay alive a little longer than her husband, Traitors die first.

Ah yes, kill the demon lord's main squeeze that she is deeply in love with. Nothing bad has EVER happened to people that messed with love.

>Ah yes, kill the demon lord's main squeeze that she is deeply in love with. Nothing bad has EVER happened to people that messed with love.

Then at least she will stop gaining power. And then what declare total war against humanity? kill me? go ahead then she will just show her true face

Hips. So they can winglock you.

You get your mind out of that gutter and back to the grindstone, son of Man.

I really like this image user(and not in a sexual way)

You're permitted a portrait of the likeness of your favorite angel to decorate your barracks with. Staring at it longer than 3 minutes/day will result in an inquisition questioning regarding your possibly immoral motives.

In a modern setting, which variety of monstergirl would do the most shitposting

Faggot cats of course.

>MGE
Ugh

When you say it like that, it sounds like angels just kind of turn up in heaven completely randomized. I'm picturing goth angels with vulture or raven like wings that halfheartedly shepherd the dead to where they need to be or overzealous archangels with wings reminiscent of raptors.

>ask god for an angel
>a dark angel drops into your lap

This kills the paladin

>It turns out she's not actually a dark angel, just going through a goth phase
>She dyes her hair and wings black, only wears black clothing
>"Well like, I already know what heaven's like, and if that's as good as it gets life down here must be like, nothing but suffering. Your souls are all black, so I thought I'd like, respect that."
>Nobody can hear her whenever she's praying over the boy band music

I think there’s potential for a faction of chuunibiyo fallen angels and risen demons.

This is what she really listens .youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk

And I think you can take your Otaku Gang back to Shadowrun, so I guess we're one for one.

There are no better girls than Valkyrie.

user I think you prayed to the wrong god, have you tried turning flipping the cross 180 degrees?

>kill me? go ahead then she will just show her true face
I dont think many people are gonna judge poorly on a woman avenging her husband.

Pretty much just a human.

>Slay dark angel
>Thank God for the challenge

Night Gaunts

>Implying it's love
Kill off the power source and you will hamstring the beast.

DL has so far at least CLAIMED a "no kill" rule. Justified or not, trying to make her break it to win some points in an obscure moral debate against coexistance is at least a little diabolical, though really it seems like what a mid-series villian would try and fail to do to a hero with a similar rule (ultimately getting treated to a "You'd be surprised what you can live through" scenario).

Though as far as the Demon Lord herself... given how she reacted to the Tentacle Forest scratching her husband, I doubt she'd take the moral high road or a proportional response.

>guardian angels watch over the common people from afar or in disguise and offer good luck. They are ordered to stay away and not to meddle with mortal lives too much and racking up too many sins will make them turn their gaze from you. Often grow too attached to mortals they take a shine to and wind up trained to become valkyries

>regular angels are messengers that facilitate communication with earthbound angels from higher ranked angels but can be seen offering blessings and their feathers to the faithful. Usually not prone to violence but are unafraid to smite a bitch or two. Act rather haughty around harpy postal service members for reasons no one can pin down.

>valkyries only really concern themselves with heroes or those with the potential to become heroes, usually looking after and ensuring they reach the greatness meant for them by acting as mentors, caretakers and comrades in arms. Are also the first responders to most demonic incursions.

>where valkyries guide heroes and angels act as messengers, Archangels are purpose built for warfare against the enemies of the Chief God and offer their aid when hordes of the corrupt threaten a country of the true faith. Kind of intense even by angel standards and don’t abide even the thought of sin in their presence. Carry ever burning swords that are anathema to the corrupt.

>principalities are seldom seen as they guide the course of nations in the Chief God’s favor, appearing in times of mundane crisis or to bless a country with a miracle. They were said to be a more common sight before the current Demon Lord. They guide lower ranked angels in their duties and enforce the will of angels much higher on the celestial hierarchy

Getting to the higher spheres as I go.

>I dont think many people are gonna judge poorly on a woman avenging her husband.

I would have already won once the traitor was dead and once her power starts to drain I'll still be a martyr.

Counter point

No you'd be a retard that'd trigger a violent retribution and the defeat of whatever remaining bastions of humanity there is now that a demon army being personally led by their god would be coming to destroy it.

That'd or shed just use necromancy on him.

I mean, if you are strong enough to take out her husband, presumably you are strong enough to take out her, right? Too bad they are both effectively invincible in canon

It would be better to die a quick death than a slow one. Also If she can't regen her powers then her power will slowly fade after every battle with a hero.

>That'd or shed just use necromancy on him.

I ain't no dumbo user, that's why you have to destroy enough of the body so that it can't be brought back

>Harpy mail service
I love that idea so much. Along with the WW1 style Harpy Air Force that all wear scarves and those cloth hats.
If any of you are a drawfag, or know drawfags, please get them to draw a member of the harpy air or mail force, it's too adorable a concept to not be realised.

>not centaurs

Do you even pony express

>wonderland

NOT. EVEN. ONCE.

Yes I must agree, twice is the way. Thrice was the best idea I ever had. Really.

what about the Sandworm transcontinental?
or the Mermaid shipping route?

Harpy Airlines?

Are monstergirl sandworms allergic to water like sandworm sandworms?

Then you are already mad!

You're thrice as mad for not going half as much as me, which would already be twice more than you went for once.

You're batshit insane!

If once I wasn’t it must have been twice that made me go thrice as far, for time’s the charm that kept me from an egg after my chicken.

Not when you're poaching the over-easy. You weren't born a gourmand. You've never been hungry. You don't know what it's like to fry, and grill, just to survive!

Ah! But the egg was hungry. Had a great fall and cracked overall but the smile was sunny side up its face. No kingsmen, no horses, not the barest bit of scramble was needed. Only me, and since the eggs been addicted it sealed up tight. Not even a mallet could break this yolk, not the biggest. To say the chicken came before the egg is really semantics. A question of relative distance that cracked me up.

>ask god for an angel
>a dark angel drops into your lap
>she's lazy as fuck
>keeps waving her ass at you whenever you're trying to work
>explain to her that your job is important, without corruption surveys people could get hurt
>she doesn't care
>drag her around with you anyway
>ignore her constant bullshit
THANKS GOD

so I was thinking about the monsterification effect, should it be limited to certain monsters?
or is it random effect by the corruption?
like say, vampires, succubus and the like can transofrm women into the lesser being of their respective types?
or a Lescatie scenario where women transform into random monsters (possibly determined by their personalities or something)?

Both seems reasonable.
If someone is corrupted directly by a single specific monster, it makes sense for them to turn into something similar. But for "background" corruption, exposure to corrupted food, etc. then it should be random but guided by their personality.

>Valkyrie
>Literally just your typical angel
>Wears prominent symbols of Christianity
>Absolutely nothing about her has any resemblance or influence of Norse mythology or old Scandinavian aethetics

What is this bullshit? What is this perversion of artistic freedom?

Welcome to the flaming garbage heap that is MGE

If you think you can fix them then go nuts. That's what this thread is for.

I thought this thread was for ignoring MGE entirely.

>Literally just your typical angel
ex-fucking-cuse me?

I thought it was adapting while toning down the magical realm

>You don't gotta like MGE, you don't gotta not like MGE
Why is it that the OP image is always from MGE then?

because it's a monster girl thread and there's an OP sniper?

Because these threads are a fucking farce.

>always
wat

Personally I think MGE has plenty of good ideas, it's just that they're mired by a tonne of really bad ideas. "How can we fix X" has been a fairly productive source of discussion and ideas so far.

Because OP keeps rushing to make the threads first and gets upset if others don't like MGE

99% of angels should be exterminated.
1% shall be kept as cocksleeves.

Because it isn’t always. And irregardles, MGE is monstergirls.

I’ll repost an angel idea I had in an earlier thread.

>some mortals are very important to the Gods schemes.
>to insure nothing happens to them in their youth they will send down a guardian angel to be born in human form to be a companion to the human, a younger or older sister, or a childhood friend.
>they will slowly lose memories of heaven as they age, but will be prodigies by human standards.
>they will regain their powers and memories at puberty, or some inciting incident.

Holy hell that angel entry. Stuff like that makes me think that maybe the demon lord isn’t all that bad.

t.demon

Pathetic angel abortion.

I was setting you up with a "mother of all omelettes" joke in the "bat-shit insane" post.

It’s kind of a bad sign that literal agents of god can be corrupted desu

That was the entire point that corruption is so overpowered

It's her fault for teaching everyone to be a prude.

I never played rising man. I just went with “a-mallet”.

Eh, doesn’t make it overpowered. Angels =/= god, and angels that can’t fall is beyond shit taste.

>Eh, doesn’t make it overpowered. Angels =/= god, and angels that can’t fall is beyond shit taste.

But if you can't stop or reverse corruption that's even worse.

I don’t agree with that. Actions should have consequences. Maybe divine intervention or a macguffin could do something, but if the angel starts spreading her legs she should have to deal.

>I don’t agree with that. Actions should have consequences. Maybe divine intervention or a macguffin could do something, but if the angel starts spreading her legs she should have to deal.

I have no problem with this but she shouldn't just instantly fall just for being around or fighting corruption. Corruption should not be some omnipotent force with no way to fight or resist it

Well /mge/, or /mgr/, or /mgw/. If you one's gonna be making a lamia character, you better have her theme song or Leitmotif be this:

>youtube.com/watch?v=Q65sat9Bvt4

Pick one to be in a date and or relationship with. Pick one and only one.

I choose none

Stupid. Fucking.Cat.

The problem isn't that angels who misbehave fall (just ask the Grigori how well that went), it's that angels who get touched by succubus develop terminal soul-cancer, period. There is no grace, purification, or salvation for those who would desire to stay true to the path, only delay before their minds are overwhelmed and down they go on some dolt,

If we're remaking a setting based on but not totally beholden to the MGE, it's generally going to be more satisfying to leave things a little more uncertain. Where a good and true angel can report back to the heavens and wash that shit off, but those that are too proud and overestimate their ability to resist, or are too weak and succumb easily, won't do so before it's too late.

Actions should have consequences... and corruption should prey on faults and foibles in thinking beings, not just be lewd radiation poisoning.

No one asked your opinion you holier-than-thou moralfag Sir Lance-alotta-who-gives-a-fuck.

You explained better than I could have user, well done.

Remember where you are, this is Order territory

>Lilim is an option
If you're going to fall, might as well go all the way.

Order territory doesn't last long. Y'know, because they're chumps who lose every major battle and their best champions have a 100% defection rate.

>this is Order territory

Again, no one cares paladin fags, your territories are soon gonna turn into Demon Realms one way or another.

May as well go with best one then.

It does not help that if you read the MGE-related world stories, people within the Order; even ranking officials and members have rather shitty lives and are even mistreated.
'
There's one woman of the Order who grew up with an abusive mother who even poked out her eye as a child for heaven's sake. A little girl who while is a genius and potential prodigy, never got a proper and genuine childhood or proper relatable friends who're of her age because of how the adults around her utilized more as a mere asset than a fun loving girl.

Really it's pretty much understandable why there are people who willingly give them selves to monster girls. Said type of people were mistreated, misunderstood, abused and not loved and cared for even. Where as a monster girl offers genuine feel of love, care and compassion.

Something said type of people and other pro-mamono people have lacked because of their upbringing and rather shitty and sub-par livelihoods.

But now back on topic, Different angels for different missions and the higher the priority of the mission the higher the rank the Angel that appears. The higher ranked ones should be as mysterious as they enigmatic

If you didn't care you wouldn't be here.

It's a good thing we are world building from cannon then.

Also another idea occurred to me. Should fallen Order heroes be allowed to become Angels and continue their duty even after they have fallen

>It's a good thing we are world building from cannon then.

So the Order are minor antagonists then and the party is all level 1-2 fighters who bully low level monster girls and basically have to run or lose if they encounter a mid-level or higher ones? Or it could a one-off survival ERP campaign where you see how long your doomed crusade lasts before you get Lewd-Ended.

I think it would be for the best to leave afterlife procedures largely a mystery. I also think it would be for the best if angels and mortals remained divorced.

That said, I could go for the occasional Saint-class celestial being.