Ready Player One Discussion

So there I was, watching the newest Ready Player One trailer, having a good time with it... Then suddenly I caught something in the background, and I might have had a bit of a spit take. This isn't who I think it is, is it? Because if they could get Spartans, Tracer, The Iron Giant, and RX-78 into a movie together, getting a Primarch cameo or two in there doesn't seem like that large of a stretch.

Die

>reddit player one

You do know it's just going to be big bang theory the movie right?

and here we have some gigantically butthurt fags crying that their furry trap tabletop isn't accepted in their FLGS anymore.

Have you died yet?

it's got liberals absolutely SHAKING, I don't know how they did it. Seriously, the SJWs are going mental about this film

Despite BBT’s laundry list of sins, AFAIK blatant corporate whordom is not one of them. I also don’t recall anyone in the show bearing themselves off over the philosophical aspect of beating off.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not even political I just like to hear about people getting upset for silly reasons.

Honestly, most I've heard about my uni is people thinking it's just soulless pandering to 'Do you remember X?'

It’s not. It’s a shill trying to get faggots riled up and go watch it as a form of political protest. “The movie (((THEY))) don’t want you to see!”

Are you aware, sir, that in the whole world outside, liberals are not a leftist and progressive political force?

Nobody? Nobody at all? All we have is shrieking autistic fit and captain reaper wannabe edgelord ?

>Digital world where you can (presumably) choose anything you want as an avatar
>Everyone just plays a video game character

For what purpose? I'd expect to see OC everywhere

Because then you couldn't have a billion references to make people go 'I recognise that, I feel smart'.

have you even seen VRchat?

What? Why are they doing all that? What was wrong with how the book was? Why add all that stuff?

I've seen Second Life, and there's a whole market economy for custom shit.

If anything, I’d expect three thousand or so purposefully awful Shrek avitars.

>What was wrong with how the book was?
A fucking lot

Haha yes, sure, but what I meant was, that should be enough. They don't need to add all this other junk that makes no sense and doesn't fit in.
Unless they will actually replace the classic games etc. with like super mario galaxy and call of duty.
...will they?

Wait, I just saw the trailer too. Jesus fucking Christ. How why it would not be difficult to just make a movie straight from the book. I mean why do this
God damn I didn't even like the book so much but I am mad

...yo make it more contemporaty relevant?

You're not the sharpest bulb are you?

But why
It's not as if the book was written during the 80s. And it sold well enough.

Just headcannon it as people not having the skill/dedication to make the art assets needed for that.

With a popular character there's already more than enough people that commissioned good artists to make fanart. With OCs you need to fork over cash yourself or dedicate the time become an artist.

Mods aren't doing their jobs

This film is pure cancer. Both it and the book are built on stupid nostalgia with very little substance, plot, or anything but vapid memes. I hope the movie crashes and burns for being such uninspired pandering trash.

It's a film about a white male gamer doing great things. This is unacceptable, because gamers are dead and male nerd power fantasies are problematic.

Why? Ernest Clone is one of them, a fedora tipping liberal.

E X E R C I S E B I K E

It's an uninspired ripoff of Snow Crash

That could be anything. "big dude with wings" is not a very distinctive silhouette.

>sick sumerian meme, hiro

Suits don't care. They think adding tracer and modern pop culture will make it sell more.

It's gonna be shit on top of shit, considering the original book was crap.

Custom avatars are kind of a thing, particularly with the bigger streamers. The issue is they need to be modeled/textured/rigged and like 99% of people don't have a fucking clue how to do that. And rigging for motion trackers looks like it's own brand of technical Hell.

Yeah, it looks pandering.
Yeah, the book was nothing special, and the Audible being read by Hwil Hwheaton didn't help things either.
You guys are missing the point.
Steven Spielberg is currently going hog wild with projects like he's got some sort of vengeance against Lucas, Disney, Star Wars, and everything else.
Steven Spielberg is putting EFFORT into this film. Steven Spielberg putting effort into anything is always usually interesting. Hell, Crystal Skull sucked because he STOPPED putting effort into it, and let Lucas have his way.
I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until after I see it.

> Because if they could get Spartans, Tracer, The Iron Giant, and RX-78 into a movie

So the movie is just one giant game industry advertisement? A bit like Evolution was the longest head and shoulders ad ever?

I'd honestly rather have snowcrash than this bullshit. at-least snowcrash was weird with Hawaiian assassins stabbing people with glass knives and data scrolls that turned you into a vegetable.

evolution was hilarious. they hammered the product placement into your braincase.

>Thats... Corax
no, it's not.