mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's Mathhammer Helper:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/604055223/mortian-battle-tank
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Scale_Model_Kits_for_40K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for remembering the very first model you ever painted.

kys

first for plastic sisters

First for the Greater Good.

Never forget

4th for can we please just have a civil thread free of shitposting?

>Sponson weapons become free for Land Raiders

Y/N?

Post current projects

>yes, I know there's a casting ridge along the gun on the Basilisk. I will take care of it.

Nth for buy tank accessories kits for your vehicles

Always remember

What would be a good replacement for a Leman Russ? I mean from a non GW vehicle

nids are beating chaos.

from the thumbnail I thought that thing was covered in chicken nuggets

i added a bit of height to my Custodes by putting greenstuff in between waist and legs.

Custodes should be fucking monstrously tall.

I don't have any issues with that

I guess we can't, then.

kickstarter.com/projects/604055223/mortian-battle-tank

Oh shit, those would look great on my Tau Armored Company

KV-2

that thread was lame, since it was pretty obviously just three guys masturbating in all caps to each other.

This is a good idea. I applaud your thinking.

>robe hovers over the foot
looks kind of terrible

easy to do with the robes, and hip plates hiding the join. itll be harder for Allarus and original Custodes.

Is that stormcast eternal bit behind his head?

the best tank ever the Tiger obvious.

Nice but fuck kickstarters not falling for that crap again. Also I want it now not in 6 million years

Suggestions for scale? Since 40k are not exactly on any proper scale

nice i am in the screencap

Post guardsmen and play nice.

thinking about getting some guard but still trying to figure out what flavor. other than that painting a falcon.

Hard to tell, here's a guide: dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Scale_Model_Kits_for_40K

>tiger
>best
I’m not sure how this meme is still alive.
Also it is for my GSC so the KV-2 suggestion could work. It is derpy enough. Now to figure out a scale

>gsc and kv-2

b-brother?

I bought two years ago, still haven't assembled them. Great quality casting though, better than FW in fact.
Not sure why they went out of production in the first place, or why he didn't use profits from the first production run to fund the second?

yep from the Liberators.

Im using my Custodes in 30k, so Lightning stuff makes sense fluffwise.

Do you think they'll ever release a new Vostroyan model?

I’m going for a Soviet/ISIS style

god damnit me too

>put models on bed when transferring them between containers
>extremely tired so pass out on bed without removing models
>wake up
>models totally obliterated, limbs torn off, paint scraped off everywhere

So this is my current list. I want to expand it to 1500pts - buying more bikes or guard would be cheap but too lazy. How should I round out my banana list on budget then?
For now it seems like 3 best options are
- AdMech (their SC box has nearly 500pts)
- IG (guess that Russ support might be handy)
- Primaris from the Dark Imperium box (nearly 800pts so it's an ultra budget option that makes me ready for 2000pts but I'm not sure if they will cover banana band's weaknesses).
Which one will do the trick better?

Battalion Detachment +3CP [57 PL, 1130pts]

HQ
Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Auric Aquilis, Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia, Radiant Mantle, Warlord
2x Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 164pts]: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Troops
3x Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 171pts]
- 1x Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
- 2x Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

Elites
Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 125pts]: Storm Shield, Vexilla Magnifica

Ah. That'd be Last Chancers or Tanith 1st & Only.

>user doesn´t understand anonymous imageboards

sorry for your loss

Revolutionaries doomed to fail and idiots with bombs is way to fun to ignore

The fuck?
Why were you moving shit if you were so exhausted you passed out

>just falls asleep on top of things without noticing

If true, you should have a doctor check that out.

Plus their trucks literally look like the fucking soviet robot from pacific rim

fine, I was trying to be generous, but it was pretty obviously one guy samefagging.

Games workshop is over 3 miles from my house. I walk there.

lol I've done something like that once before too
>cleaning shelf that holds models
>transfer them on top of a box, put on bed
>forget about them, turn light off in room, jump in bed
>mfw the sound of my feet smashing the box full of models

I'd say x2 admech if possible, a brigade of vanguard/rangers plus those dune crawlers would be fucking nasty and exactly what you'd need

Will a single SC box be enough for now? I want to stick with 1500pts for a long while and it seems that Skitarii SC is just enough to round out the shit I already have

The bed is the zone of danger and adventure, no matter how appealing a flat surface it appears.

yep. gets you 2, 5 man squads of rangers and a dunecrawler with neutron. if you have the points spare on the way to 1500 grab as many arquebus (arquebuses? arquebusi?) as you can for those ranger squads. unfortuantly for the 500 point gap you wanna fill you might wont be able to give your dominus his optimal gear for shooting.

Guess I can get some free point by dropping blades and daggers on my custodes. How should I build bip-bop bois and their crawler anyway? I have never play against AdMech so I have no idea how do they work desu

It would be really nice if they did a named Vostroyan named character similar to the new Sly Marbo.
Are those your khaki storm troopers? They’re 10/10.

Jesus you must be a big fat fucker

could sisters of silence work with sisters of battle in cannon and in game?

Oh wow that takes me back, I remember hot gluing my daemonettes and passing out from exhaustion leading me to roll over on them

>in cannon

not very well, no

>cannon
stop

Don't loose your heads

Can Renegade Knights use Rotate Ion Shield Strategem?

2 boxes gets you enough special weapons for your Skitarii, enough bodies for a battalion, and the ability to reroll 1s for the crab tank invulns.

Never drop blades or daggers on your Custodes, worst case scenario take the admech in a patrol detachment so you can just take the minimum necessary (give the vanguard a pair of snipers and the dune crawler the neutron laser with dual stubbers)

>bending wraithlord fingers
this is the pain I chose

rangers* not vanguard my bad

Do they have any of the keywords listed on said strat?

no

>mfw at first glance 40k looks like a hellish anti-human future but upon further reflection it's probably pro-human, putting values and human emotions and endeavours at the forefront, even the superhumans have human flaws and the enemy is very much driven by human vices and all this is probably preferable to the current path of transhumanist abandonment of all human, ending up as machines feeling no pain with no sense of time, immortal and unfeeling with nothing to grant us meaning which is the path we're on now

I'm not, but I move around a whole bunch when I am asleep.

>Never drop blades
Huh, I thought that spears are better and you should only run a one blade/shield per unit

Don't play AdMech or Necrons then and you should have loads of fun

It’s sentimentalism mixed with dark comedy and the Catholic Church, emphasizing the good yet flawed nature of humanity is inevitable. I’m sad that BL gets to write so much lore because far too much of it loses the founding themes for generic sci-fi stuff.

Have a shitty wip shot.

in lore or fluff then why wouldn't they work well?

>trying to find Eldar painting videos
>barely any videos
>everyone using those fucking airbrushes on videos i find
great fucking help, paint with brushes or fuck off you lazy cunts

I'm Lovin' It

Fucking awful, be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not lovin' it.

thin your paints friend

I hate this. I'm pretty new to the hobby, painting World Eaters, every video is either an airbrush or 10 years old with a shit paintjob.

Putty is not a good paint thinner.

that's because the narrative of the whole HH is basically taken from dante's inferno though.

40k is more of a greatest hits of pop culture, literature and historical references.
If you are somewhat educated enough to recognize them you can appreciate the humor in a lot of things, if you aren't then you take everything at face value and will probably have a bad time.
I feel like I lost touch with the new generation of writers though.
Since a good ten years or so barely anything new the put out made much sense to me. I think they take themselves to seriously these days, while lacking the understanding for what made 40k interesting in the beginning.
Which in my opinion would be the kind of punk attitude that went into RT. That is all gone in favor for more mainstream appeal in line with the shit a marketing department would approve.

It reminded me of this

I'm amazed you've managed this decent a paintjob with unthinned paints and I assume no washes.
also what the FUCK is that colour scheme.
>this is bait

>super up close on a grunt painted yellow
>only reply THICCC
I dunno guys, I think it’d look fine for tabletop. If anything, needs better highlighting

it's not melting marine tier and is okay for tabletop but i can still see there's a little bit too much of the paint.
It's not bad but could be better

Fair. Thin ur paints user

I must admit, the unthinned paint gives him an almost cel-shaded appearance, and that in itself is actually kinda cool.

>and I assume no washes.
Buddy, I'll take everything else you say but if you can't see the washes on that mini, that's your own problem.

for 500 and under like this could work for your purposes though only if you care about cp.
otherwise just build them like said.
507pnt will get you 3 squads of rangers with 2 arquebus each, a dominus with all the fixings and a dunecrawler. if you still want cp find another 47 spare points for a enginseer.

This is objectively true_

>58008043
GW should stick to guideline official lore and let artists (as well as fans) create stories with somewhat plausible deniability. Give 2000AD or Heavy Metal a license to do some side stories. Obsession over canon and creep towards pseudo-realism, and internal-consistency diminishing the punk-montage origins, is symptomatic of how autistic nostalgia has become mainstream and corporatised.

Why don't you do the interior of your tanks, user? Are you just a bitch?

What's your favorite arc for a 40k character, folks? Mine is probably how Lorgar ended up vindicated for his fanaticism by the Imperial Creed shaping the Imperium and being rewarded by being made into a Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided. It's pretty fitting for his character.

I am on an editing kick, putting up articles on 1d4chan about 2nd edition. I am learning the game as I go so any vets would be appreciated; there are quite a lot of amusing oddities about the game. For one thing, "The Gate" (the granddaddy to Gate of Infinity) didn't simply teleport a single squad/model; rather, you placed down two portals, each within 18" of the casting Psyker, and any infantry model (friend OR foe, so be careful) that moved into one could emerge from the other at no movement cost.

I'm also putting up stub pages for army specific tactics, starting with Guard. Any particular items folks would be curious about?

Lol no