>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/21Whc22e

>Previously, on /5eg/
How do you handle inclement weather, /5eg/? Surely you don't just use the rough terrain rules, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15085445
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1Wnz4l5cl
artstation.com/eyardt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do you handle inclement weather, /5eg/?
Lowering visibility, causing high winds to make projectiles hard to keep on target, heavy rain to slow movement or make sneaking up behind someone easier from the sound breakup and the like are pretty normal in my games.

Has /5eg/ had any luck with running old D&D adventures for 5e? What have you had success/fun with?

Why do people defend wotc rereeleasing DMG content as UA?

>defend
Literally everyone says that this UA fucking blows.

As a backdrop for character death.

No PC dies on a sunny day.

Everyone on Veeky Forums but if you look at any other site people are sucking Mearls off saying how useful it is.

Nice strawman.

Because places like Reddit can't EVER shit on companies for putting out shitty product. And because Mearls makes sure to virtue signal whenever possible so he's an "ally."

>players travelling in wild
>weather is heavy fog, everything counts as heavily obscured
>wolves attack
>run in, attack, run away
>attack in groups so pack tactics gets rid of their disadvantage
>keen senses mean that they can tell where the players are and have a good chance to find hiding players
>decent Stealth so they can hide too
>players don't know how many wolves there are, can't place AoEs effectively, have to ready actions, casters actually have to stick to martials for safety, players actually need strategy
Weather can turn a run of the mill encounter into something your players will love if you're creative.

Friendly reminder that these are the same people that C&M quote when they say "nobody really cared about Revised Ranger" and "people really want Lore Wizard" and "most people want Fighters to be simple (read: have no options)."
They are the cancer that keep the game tangled up in poor game design.

In the video game community we call these people.
Casuals.

It's actually a little disappointing that, in order to have as much sway as these faggots, you'd have to create a social media platform that attracts the lowest common denominator and end up reflecting the same stupid fucking opinions.

There's a >50% chance Mearls will be accused of sexual harassment at some stage, a year after that things will go back to normal.

Enjoy the increase in player count for the time being.

Rate my character /5eg/ in pic related. I'll be willing to post more character art for her if you anons want.

strawpoll.me/15085445

Hey guys, here's a strawpoll. Vote on your opinion of this month's UA, Into the Wild.

Kill yourself.

Which non-druid class would best fit a character fascinated by decay and decomposition?

Can I get some feedback on how to make my character better instead of being told to kill myself please.

>100% hate
Never change /5eg/

How would you build a strength based bard? Sword and board seems the way to go, considering war caster and the fact you are probably in melee range more often then not, but at that point you could ignore DEX completely and pick heavily armoured

You start by returning to /pfg/ where you belong and never coming back here again, dipshit.

As if it's deserving of any better

Grave Cleric?

Satan, I actually hate some of the players that have entered the scene and soiled my hobby in the meantime. For all the shit that 4e garnered for being way too gamist, even it didn't accomplish that lofty feat.

We're looking at a Dumb Apocalypse on DnD that makes me yearn for the days where there were too many books and not enough time to read them all. I'm sitting across from tables at people who legitimately think it's better to adhere to a moron nerd's philosophy on sword'n'sorcery fantasy than it is to have fun with the game you're playing. I'm watching what happened to Marvel comics happen to my one fucking interest in this bleak and obnoxious world, and I'm watching it happen while Into The Fucking Wild is dropped in my lap like an uninvited shitheap in a scatplay whorehouse I didn't know I was actually in.

This is unacceptable.

Necromancy Wizard

/pfg/ doesn't exist anymore user so I can't refer to it.

where’s the didn’t read it option

Probably don't care

*return

Mearls is such shit. If Crawford comes forward and says that he was actually the person that wrote this, then 5e is dead.

>(And here's why it's a good thing)

>in this bleak and obnoxious world
kek
Here’s a (You), it’s the only consolation I can offer

How to into Necromancy without being evil?

Was debating either this or Death Cleric originally.

The same way you do anything else without being evil

I'm playing one now.

7th level Valor Bard. V. Human for Heavily Armored. At 4th, I took Tough since I'm going to be up close. I'm thinking about a 2 level dip into Paladin for Dueling and Smites. (which is thematic for my character)

18, 12, 16, 14, 10, 19 (rolled stats, +1 to CON and CHA; +1 from Heavily Armored)

I wouldn't say you can excuse raising the dead the same way you can excuse punching someone.

You need a DM that creates a world in which Necromancy isn't considered the desecration of the dead and I've yet to meet one.

If you prefer dead skeleton and prevent your party being dead without a proper funeral, make grave.

Thing is, unlike Comics or videogames, noone can tell me how to run my game. No book ever stopped me from having chainmail bikinis and burly men in my games and my players enjoy it since we've been playing together for a long time now. Mike can tweet about me being fired from the hobby all he wants - I've been playing D&D since before he even joined WotC and I got introduced to it by my dad who was actively playing when he was still shitting his pants.

>I can houserule it, so it's not broken.

You adorable fucking idiot.

>How to into Necromancy without being evil?
Lazy bait.

I don't need to houserule SJW influence, I just need to run my setting the way I do.

Stat her /5eg/

"Everyone has to play a transsexual furry, a strong independent fully armoured womyn, or a beta soyboy" isn't yet a codified rule. Until then, take your 1d4chan memes elsewhere.

Still gonna keep saying it, you should play a Glamor Bard with an improvised weapon that is just a mic.

Stand Out Spells
>Vicious Mockery
>Thunderclap
>Prestidigitation (So you can fix & change your hair color)
>Charm Person
>Disguise Self
>Suggestion
>Enthrall
>Shatter
>Hallucinary Terrain (Make a stage to sing on)
>Seeming (Your party is now your groupies)
>Dissonant Whispers
>Otto's Irresistible dance
>Unearthly Chorus (UA but good spell)
>Magnificent Mansion (A literal house of your dreams filled with servants who will sing for you and with you!)
>Psychic Scream

In fact multiclass into Fiend Warlock and get eldritch blast, so you can have your magic microphone shoot beams from it like Scorching Ray!

Stop posting this and go do this now!

Thats not adorable user. This is however.

Is your ban over again, Shadfag?

Just voted. Fuck this entire fucking system if this is all they have.

Multiclass into Celestial Warlock my bad, not Fiend unless you're going for the Madoka style type thing.

Ban?

>thinking shadbase did anything wrong

lol

What would you think of Arin Hanson, Chris O'Neil, or whatever Markiplier's name is, if you knew what they did before they got popular?

People are overreacting way too hard to this.

I may or may not use point buy, DM is still unsure. In case of point buy i was thinking
>Valor bard
>Vuman, cos and cha
>heavily armoured
>final stats: 16, 10, 14, 10, 8, 16
Then i'll probably go for +2 strength at 4.
Dipping paladin seems a good idea i'll probably go for the great weapon fighting style though, also, in your opinion, how important is charisma? Especially considering i could avoid DC based spell in favour of buffs, but i haven't really looked that deep into the bard list

welcome to 4chins

I agree. While this UA wasn't the best, it's still a fine addition to the game.

Well, it's your casting modifier. CON isn't that important if you have another meaty martial to tank some hits and you take Tough (which is equivalent to +4 to your CON in HP)

I'm planning on 20 CHA, 20 STR and maybe 18 CON, though I might go for more feats.

You forgot Healing Word & Mass Healing Word (if you chose Divine Soul Sorcerer instead of the Celestial Warlock).

This is basically a holy singing bard with some solid support and occasional damaging spells through the warlock and magical secrets so something like

>Glamor Bard 18/2 Celestial Warlock
>Glamor Bard 14/Divine Soul 6
Not sure how optimal that is, but seems fun?

Necromancy Wizard
Grave Domain Cleric
Death Domain Cleric
Nature Domain Cleric
Warlock of the Undying
Warlock of the Great Old One
Warlock of the Archfey (think of hags)
Way of the Long Death Monk
Zealot Barbarian (of a death god)

Mostly because people want to get the point across that it's shit that has no right to be a UA. It's just pure laziness on behalf of the devs. No one is really so up in arms about it that they would burn their books and flee the country, but it's valid to say that you hate the UA because it's laughably bad. There's literally no reason for this UA to exist, and its existance means that they wasted time on this instead of doing something people have been asking for, like another look at mass combat, or finishing up Mystic/Artificer/Revised Beastmaster.

Yeah, I don't see why people are so passionate about it. It's disappointing and adds nothing of value to the game, but it doesn't take anything away, either. Meh.

Exceptt it didn't add anything, it just reinstated shit that was already there.

It's the disappointment I think. Everyone wanted something good and interesting and instead we got something very dull.

It's, at worst, a slightly boring Unearthed Arcana. I hardly believe it's the worst thing they've ever put out, and I enjoyed the sample areas. If I were to ever DM, dealing with wilderness travel is one of those things I KNOW I'd struggle with. I think it did a good job evoking a sense of flavor of the area that lends itself naturally to building an environment. It reminds me of the regional effects certain Monsters in the MM have, actually (like the Mummy Lord and the Kraken). I enjoyed it on that aspect.

Most of yall are just being over dramatic.

I'm going to put a sudoku puzzle in a One Shot adventure, however instead of numbers I'll put symbols.

I do not know if anyone in the party knows how to solve sudokus, so, should I put a easy one or a medium?

>finishing up Mystic/Artificer/Revised Ranger

Hey, I wanna see all that stuff too, but I also think it'll be ready when it's ready. Maybe they didn't post any of that because they don't have a version of it they're happy with? Seems likely to me.

What i meant was, should i pump charisma asap or can i focus on feats/strength first? Because in case of point buy, i'll have probably less space for feats if i want to get to 20 cha, 20 str, and i was considering something like 18 cha-20 str+ some feats (or the opposite in case charisma ends up being way more important than i think it is)

Easy one, definitely. Better to have an easy puzzle then spend a few hours where your party sits around drooling on themselves.

you know, on this subject, a friend of mine who likes 4e is always talking about how 4e let him make a necromancer that was more designed around being a spirit medium.

It's unfortunate we have nothing like that in 5th.

>it doesn't take anything away
It takes away a UA slot that could have been more useful. "How to pronounce Drizzt" would have been more useful than this.
More importantly, UA is how the playerbase helps shape the advancement of the game. Lazy shit like this that we already know is a slap in the face that at best says "we aren't working on anything else" and at worst says "we don't give a shit what you think about our current projects." Considering the stance they have on lore wiz, it's probably the latter.

If point-buy, 18 cha/str will be enough if you want feats like Shield Master (expertise in Athletics = almost constant advantage for allies). If you roll well enough, go to 20 in each.

With CHA, the big question is what kind of spells you're going to be using. Damage? Buffs? If you're using Save spells, 20 CHA. If you're going for damage, 18 is enough. Buffs? 18 again.

I will tell you this, though. Take Healing Word.

Be a lonely, horrifically ugly, but gifted child who just want friends to play with.
Skeletons can't frown at you or call you names, in fact they sort of look like they're smiling just like real friends.

I disliked it, only on the bases that there is more important material that could be released when this is something in the DMG already or better yet is done really well with a homebrew that expanded on the crafting system and environment at the same time.

>homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1Wnz4l5cl

Now it's not enough for me to hate it, because how can you hate free content and someone might find some use for it at the end of the day (Which is good!), but I feel that it's not that great of an addition.

>power word heal is the only exclusive spell in 5th edition
Why did WotC think this was okay?

That's some damn nice art, who's the artist?

what?

Guys I've finally decided to DM, considering that there no one to play in my vecinity, where I can learn to DM (besides the guide you fuckwits)?
What are some modules easy for a new DM?

Why is this allowed?

Exclusive to who? Bard?
They also get vicious mockery, compulsion and dissonant whispers.

>where I can learn to DM
What's there to learn?
>What are some modules easy for a new DM?
Curse of Strahd. Don't listen to fags saying "Phandelver", you need a trial by fire, not some softball.

>Wizards of the Coast

I’m just glad that the core and XGE basically give me enough to run with just fine so UAs are barely on my radar.

Mearls can try to burn it all down as much as he likes, we’ve already evacuated the most important stuff. WOTC is only hurting itself.

I'll go middle of the road, and suggest you pick up Lucky, then Warcaster, then pump CHA. The value of Lucky I don't think can be understated for just about anyone (particularly if you need something to land, or would like to undo that monster that just crit you for OMG damage).

War Caster opens up a lot for melee casters (and is downright essential for Valor Bards).

Whether or not you pump CHA depends entirely on if you're the party face for not (bards often are). If you plan on focusing on buff spells, then its probably not as necessary, but its still a good idea.

>healing word
Is the only healing spell i consider worth taking, and i'll probably be buffer/secondary melee with smites anyways so it also fits the theme.
Shield mastery is out because i wanted to use a greatsword, maybe i'll pick GWM, but that depends on how long we will actually play, because i have the feeling it's gonna end after 2-3 sessions

I'm gonna play mi first run of curse of strahd in sunday so, that's a no, I have an idea for a homebrew but I don't want to do an unpolished job and I want more practice, any other cool modules, I'll take your advice and rule out phandelver

Did I stutter?
Variant Tieflings get Vicious Mockery and Warlocks can get Compulsion and Dissonant Whispers.

artstation.com/eyardt

Because they aren't called Clerics of the Coast

By that logic no one gets any unique spells since a bard can just magical secrets them.

Phandelver is actually good, it’s just that it does so much of the work for you that it’s babby’s first module and you won’t learn much from the experience, while CoS is the kind of module that will put you through your paces and really teach you how to DM properly.

If you’re willing to wait a few months Goodman Games is coming out with a licensed 5e conversion of In Search of the Unknown and Keep on the Borderlands. Don’t know when, but it is coming. They’re both excellent classic modules.

Btw: One of the players has Master Degree in Math.

Why does it trigger you so hard Technically it's not even perfectly exclusive because you can Wish to cast it (albeit with the stress penalty).

That's why I said that Power World Heal was the only exclusive spell. Try and keep up.

What about the other modules are they shit?
is there any good DM channels on youtube?

You're not casting it with Wish, though, you're just mimicking its effects.

I've encountered a few shitters who complain that D&D should be pick up and play like a video game.
"A good game should teach you how to play it without reading rules"

Speaking as someone who also has a degree in Math, don't assume it translates into doing actual math stuff on the fly.

Why do you think that's not okay?

Okay, but what actually IS it?
A game development company?
Well, those guys are doomed to fail so I’m not much worried about them.
Just the basic nature of P&P gaming means that their desires won’t amount to much, and they’ll leave before long obviously.

Here's my FUN RATING chart:

>Barbarian
B, makes you feel like a by Alpha Chad, even though you're actually totally useless to your party.

>Bard
F-, doesn't matter what D&D edition we're talking about, all Bards can die in a fire.

>Cleric
E, the quintessential un-fun class. I only liked them a bit in 3.5E.

>Drud
Moon Druid is A- initially, then it goes to C. The other druid no one cares about is always C.

>Fighter
D. Boredom incarnate. I only had fun playing some of them in AD&D.

>Monk
C+. I don't know how Monks were in the 4th edition but I guess it's understandable they finally won't be OP class for once. The Ninja subclass is cringe material.

>Paladin
B+, made the Paladin class a bit more varied, but I liked some of the older version features more.

>Ranger
C-. I've always thought rangers were the most boring, cliche class possible. 5th edition at least makes them fun to play the first 10 levels (almost B+ tier). Then it falls of bigly.

>Rogue
E. Pointless waste of time class in 5th edition.

>Sorceror
A-. Probably the most consistently fun class in all of D&D.

>Warlock
E as in "this class shouldn't Exist". It's not boring from a gameplay perspective but from a roleplay perspective it is heavily focused on the cringe inducing aspect.

>Wizard
A. Only edition where I feel Wizards are better than Sorcerers.

You cannot bully this post.

It's a forum

>Okay, but what actually IS it?
A (once) influental gaming forum, powerful enough to bully developers and gaming companies into following their politics.