Previous Thread:

Last time:
>Translation stuff galore, english still broken
>The return of kansaianon and misfits in osaka
>A few NPC pictures
>Shizune player running her own game, hopefully more details will be given

Baseline things! And stuff:
>mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata + Mononoke homebrew guide, FAQ, and a quick rules cheatsheet!
>pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

Expansion Weapons Pastebin (Incomplete) And Item Pastebin
>pastebin.com/5LPmW9by
>pastebin.com/HzRenMqf

A character sheet hosted on Google Sheets (for online play!)::
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U2usvvHVbKX1OdaaOVvEykud1vr7PW9cRQz8LlUqiIY/edit?usp=sharing

Kamigakari is a JTTRPG focused on episodic storytelling, with simple but tight mechanics. Its design goal is to start players spread out, getting involved with the episode's peculiarities, and eventually coming together to fight a big bad, A la tokusatsu shows, magical girl shows, and/or other such shows in that vein.

TL;DR, Its a Monster of the Week Format game with an emphasis in the fluff on high power shenanigans of just about every type.

Japanese schedules suck, so JTTRPGS are optimized toward quick and easy sessions.That said, they can be adapted for longer ones with little to no effort.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9RUTurB
screencapanon.imgur.com/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140vczBkQ-3Ir4vzlHy1mCcKyEp8JywEC__SpfFYdM18/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U2usvvHVbKX1OdaaOVvEykud1vr7PW9cRQz8LlUqiIY/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=tHXEXBsvTKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/jttrpg/ Discord - Look for games in #on-topic, not #general.
>discord.gg/9RUTurB

Storytime Imgur
>screencapanon.imgur.com/

Todays question

>If You had a mecha, what would it do? How would it fight? what weapons would you use? Would it transform in any way?

Alternatively, if you had a mecha, how would you summon it? Power rangers/voltron style with a bunch of combining parts? Big O style where the entire robot rises out of some impractical place? Perhaps like G-Gundam and its pod things? Maybe like gurren lagann, where a smaller mecha forms acts as the cockpit for the larger mecha?

Also, sorry to kansai user for not keeping thread up quite long enough for him to finish the last part of misfits in osaka.

I'll try and be a bit more proactive with the NPC pics this time, although i only have so many.

thats a fucking vanguard and i knew it was before google told me so. wtf is kamigakari?

I mean, thats just an image i was using to help accentuate the question of the day .

The loose description is at the bottom of the OP, but if you want more details i can get into that as well.

There are mecha's in this game though. There's a couple methods, but the one i know off the top of my head is to go legacy user and take titan armor.

What the game itself is though, is pretty open ended. Generally, the game is about godhunters, people that have the power to fight using supernatural abilities, fighting against chaotic being hellbent on the destruction of the world. Its very easy to insert anime ass tropes though, with mecha being one of the easier ones, thanks to cyborg armors and legacy user B's titan armor.

Once i've got a bit more time, i'd like to ask for some opinions on the translation project.

Namely, i need some help figuring out a couple things. Fixing the wording is fairly easy, but only if i know what its intended to be.

Dis nigga's straight up evil lookin

rolling

Apparently not.

To roll dice, its dice+4d6

Okay, i'm back. I'm gonna post the original translation, then what i've altered it too, then ask about the specific parts i need help with.

The original

>Since 16 years ago - Japan became the forefront of the mystery which is unknown and irregular. In recent years, , which seeks to reduce the world, has caused terrible one after another, but these are solved by the success of the , peace of the world is kept at the limit. Two threats that may destroy the equilibrium of fighting are starting to move around Japan. That threat is "a dramatic evolution of a supernatural existence that is hostile to human society" and "the rise of a huge enterprise trying to create enormous profits by using mystery".

>A fierce fight between enterprises over the terrible treasure - . Land God and its spirits who are deprived of and , and further captured as experimental materials. Blood family of heterotypes who decided to oppose humanity from a resentment of long time and entrusted to an evil organization... For such complicated reasons, many of the terrible incidents such as Aramitama and Kamigakari getting hands together by conspicuous interests, as the Kamigakari is not Aramitama but a fangs of mankind who was tormented by monsters, It is beginning to happen.

>In addition, in various parts of Japan, the number of incomprehensible events such as "various existences suddenly harbouring , causing Aramitama and causing supernormal cases" is increasing more. For this reason, "super-existent organization hostile to human society" and "huge enterprise trying to create huge profits by utilizing mystery" are successively used for the supernatural existence, fragments, sacred treasure and blood group, eventually to take away the spirit And influx. Supernormal cases in Japan are getting confused. The chiefs of the organizations that have witnessed these current situations are muttering as they respond quickly. "The world itself is guided by some kind of force and moving toward chaos" and one.

Fixed

>Since 16 years ago, Japan became the focal point of the irregular and unknown. In recent years , which seek to reduce the world to nothing, have caused terrible one after another, but these are resolved by the success of , and the peace is kept, for now. Two threats that may destroy the equilibrium of the stalemate between aramitama, godhunters, and mononoke are starting to move around Japan. Those threats are "the dramatic evolution of a supernatural existence that is hostile to human society" and "the rise of a huge enterprise trying to create enormous profits by using the supernatural"

>A fierce fight between enterprises over the treasures - . Mononoke and their kin who are deprived of and , and further captured as experimental materials. Descendants of Mononoke and Godhunters who decided to oppose humanity from a long held grudge and joined evil organizations. For such complicated reasons, many of the terrible incidents such as Aramitama and Godhunters joining hands for dubious ends, as these Godhunters are not Aramitama but the fangs of mankind who were tormented by others, have begun to happen increasingly often

>In addition, in various parts of Japan, the number of incomprehensible events such as various existences suddenly harbouring , causing further Aramitama and supernatural incidents, is increasing drastically. For this reason, "supernatural existence hostile to human society" and "huge enterprise trying to create huge profits by utilizing the supernatural" are successively used for the supernatural existence, fragments, sacred treasure and blood group, eventually to take away the spirit And influx. Supernatural cases in Japan are getting more and more chaotic, and the chiefs of the organizations that have witnessed these current situations are muttering as they react "The world itself is guided toward chaos"

now then, i have 2 issues. One is the "Fangs of mankind" part at the end of paragraph 2. It works grammatically, but it sounds awkward. I was wondering if anyone had something else that gives the same basic principle.

The second is the second line in the third paragraph, which is notably not translated properly. This is because i can't figure out what its even trying to say, or what blood groups are. Any ideas?

Google Translate doesn't like sentences that are too long, I think. Here's that second-to-last sentence tried again.

>For that reason, "X" and "Y" flowed in succession with the aim of capturing supernatural beings, fragments, sacred treasures and bloodsmen, eventually the spirit.

The "Fangs of Mankind" sentence I re-checked and got this:
>For such complicated reasons, there are fearsome incidents such as aramitama and camouflage hand-crafting due to agreement of interests, as a result of the abuse of monkeys who are fangs of mankind instead of Aramitama, It is the first time for me.
Google Translate also gives me this for that:
>From such a complex of reasons, Kamigakari is peeled fangs in human beings rather than Aramitama, toward the Ensa to abused Mononoke we human society, by the coincidence of interests, occur numerous Aramitama and Kamigakari is a terrible accident, such as join hands It's the first time.

I think it's saying something like "For the first time Godhunters and Aramitama are allying against human groups that are abusing Mononoke.", maybe.

The gist of the sentence is more that there are some godhunters, due to grudges, trauma's, or whatever that are willing to aid aramitama. The intent is pretty clear, i was just wondering if anyone had something that sounded less awkward. "Fangs of humanity" is sorta chuuni.

What i realized my problem was though, is that i don't know what "Super existence" is in terms of this. Is this intended to be the aramitama? or the awakened?

Translation B2 of that phrase makes it look like that bit is "Godhunters are sinking their fangs into humanity instead of Aramitama", instead of "Godhunters are the fangs of mankind".

If Bloodsmen are the non-human non-cyborg playable races, then supernatural beings/existence would be an umbrella term for everything else, including mononoke, Aramitama, etc. Then again, Bloodsmen could refer to species of mononoke or something.

>Translation B2 of that phrase makes it look like that bit is "Godhunters are sinking their fangs into humanity instead of Aramitama", instead of "Godhunters are the fangs of mankind".

I'd agree, but the sentences before that give context into that specific sentence, so i think the first translation makes more sense.

As for the bloodmen and supernatural existence, i think these are just terms kamigakari user parsed down to "Awakened" in his initial translation, so i'll try plugging those in and seeing if it makes more sense

Well, it almost worked. Until i realized supernatural existence and blood group appear in the same sentence.

WELP. Guess who's fucking retarded. I decided to go CTRL+F "Blood" in the main book, and the word "Bloodline" came up pretty fucking often.

okay, translation try 2

>Since 16 years ago, Japan became the focal point of the irregular and unknown. In recent years , which seek to reduce the world to nothing, have caused terrible one after another, but these are solved by the success of , and the peace of the world is kept. Two threats that may destroy the equilibrium of the stalemate between aramitama, godhunters, and mononoke are starting to move around Japan. Those threats are the dramatic evolution of an Awakened that is hostile to human society and the rise of a huge enterprise trying to create enormous profits by using the supernatural.

>A fierce fight between enterprises over the treasures - . Mononoke and their kin who are deprived of and , and further captured as experimental materials. Descendants of Mononoke and Godhunters who decided to oppose humanity from a long held grudge and joined evil organizations. For such complicated reasons, many of the terrible incidents such as Aramitama and Godhunters joining hands for dubious ends, as they are not Aramitama but humans who were tormented by others, have begun to happen increasingly often.

>In addition, in various parts of Japan, the number of strange events, such as various existences suddenly harbouring as the source of further Aramitama and supernatural incidents, is increasing drastically. For this reason, Awakened organizations hostile to human society and huge enterprise's trying to create profits by utilizing the supernatural are successfully using the Awakened, Shards, Regalia, and Bloodlines to eventually to take control of both spirit and leylines. Supernatural cases in Japan are getting more and more chaotic, and the chiefs of the organizations that have witnessed these current situations are muttering as they react "The world itself is guided by some kind of force and moving toward chaos".

Does seem about accurate to you? if so, i'm gonna move on to the cyborg stuff, which is luckily a lot easier to parse.

Hey, it's the motorcycle man

It is indeed the motorcycle man.

I'm very curious about the mecha rules. Can someone give me a capsule overview?

>mfw people use the shit i posted

You see, I had this concept for a Legacy User B Cyborg what would use the Titan Armor, and I didn't invest at all into weapons, so he ended up using fists, but then I realized my mistake, and gave him a gun, switching from DC A to Legion A.

Of course, that campaign blew up some time later. Rest in peace, Unit 4, Sieg Murasame.

Frankly speaking, the rules aren't for mecha's specifically, but for anything where people need to be taller than buildings.

However, Legacy user B's titan armor, innately, puts you at a size of 4, whilst adding one talent to it puts you at the maximum of 5. The average character is 2, and increasing size by even 1 is a task unto itself without using a couple specific options. The reason people use this for mecha is due to the description on the armor itself, which involves "An armor so big that donning it is like stepping into a cockpit".

The rest of the mecha stuff has to do with cyborgs, since their armors are like miniature versions of the titan armor, albeit without added talents. Their racial stuff also meshes more with the idea.

The game plays fast and loose with fluff, letting you extrapolate your own story from what it lays down, rather than hard locking you into specific fluff like many western systems have a tendency of doing.

>so he ended up using fists, but then I realized my mistake,

Yeah, unless you invest into the unarmed route never thought i'd say that your damage will be basically nothing. It's even harder when you don't have god hand to work with, like my first character.

>mfw people use the shit i posted

I mean. I asked for it to use in an OP. And i did. Even put a question to it.

So thanks for the pic. i was pretty stumped on the question part till i saw that image in my folder

Dis crazy lookin nigga looks like he'd be a shitty bully side character, not a dragon carrier self-styled kamen hero.

Yeah, he looks far different than how I'd imagined.

Gonna be honest, i think he should transform before hitting the scene.

Building off of , I imagined it as something akin to Brave Exkaiser, where the mecha hops into the bigger mecha.

If I tried it now, I'd consider something like uhhh, yeah, probably something Kamen Rider-like, and I'll take Dragon Carrier A for added fun.

so, like, a masked hero that gets huge? Or a kamen-rider mecha type thing where they sorta summon it and it appears at their convenience?

Hmmm, what I was thinking is that the Titan Armor materializes around him during battle, with the Crystal Transformation being like Kabuto's Cast Off/Change Beetle. Do you think it needs more hot blood or merchandising in there?

>Do you think it needs more hot blood or merchandising in there?

That, and more yelling about justice. Lets get full on into fourze territory with it.

I've noticed an error on the sheet given in the OP; PD, MD, Initiative and HP (underneath the Sub Stats Block) Are being calculated incorrectly. Not only does MD use Agility's block for some reason, but none of these four take into account stats increased by level, and if you add the stats in without a parenthesis, you will get an inflated number.

For people using the updated sheet [CURRENTLY], alter the formulas in PD, MD, Initiative and HP to these respectively. These should go in the cells where the numbers are displayed.
=iferror(ROUNDUP((A15+A18)/2), "--")
=iferror(ROUNDUP((E15+E18)/2), "--")
=iferror (ROUNDUP(C15+C18+5), "--")
=iferror(ROUNDUP(A15+A18+G15+G18+M2*3), "--")

Below I have also attached an updated sheet that applies these fixes.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140vczBkQ-3Ir4vzlHy1mCcKyEp8JywEC__SpfFYdM18/edit?usp=sharing

Also, the database I (think) is excluding racial talents from the base pool; the racial talents should be in a separate pool for the sake of the first two talents you get, but also should be part of the general pool.

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140vczBkQ-3Ir4vzlHy1mCcKyEp8JywEC__SpfFYdM18/edit?usp=sharing

well fuck user, Nice work there. I'll make sure it gets into the next OP.

Okay, i finally got the chance to rescan page 33. Images will be coming up shortly. If there's anything else that needs rescanned, nows the time.

Why part of the base pool?
Also here is the sheet I posted a thread or two ago with all the racial talents and class talents in it which doesn't have those errrors: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U2usvvHVbKX1OdaaOVvEykud1vr7PW9cRQz8LlUqiIY/edit#gid=0

uuuuh.

Well, now i'm confused which one to put in the OP

Fixed the errors posted, OP sheet is fixed

Missed that when I added the Level/Stat Modifiers box

"[Standby to launch J-Kaiser. Prepare the catapult, ASAP!]"
"There's no time for that!" The boy, hurriedly putting on a red jacket, yelled back at the speaker, stopping at the entrance of the catapult. "This is Yuudai. I'm making a manual launch!"
The operator, realizing what would happen, yelled into her mic. "You do not have permission to-" Even without her word, he ran as fast as his legs could carry him, through the tunnel, legs bending for a leap through the air. Falling on her chair, she sighed. "That kid won't ever learn, will he...?"
As he sailed through the air, Yuudai then yelled, "Chaaaange KAISEEER!" The shape of a mechanical frame formed lines around his body, then materialized, encasing him within a near-invincible metal body of red and white with gold accents, a being known as the J-Kaiser! With the thrusters, Yuudai managed to fling himself further on, to the city of Neo Tokyo, which needed his help, at this time.

Tomoe had been in better conditions before. Against the ever-so-infamously recurring Managarmr, right now, she was not so alright, barely able to block each blow of his onslaught.
"iT'S TIme to eNd thIS!" Breaking her guard with a clean sweep of its arm, Managarmr then kicked Tomoe into a wall, which she crumpled against, a ragdoll for him to play with as he so desired.
As Managarmr ran towards Tomoe, however, a sword dug itself a home between the two's gruesome reunion, and then a familiar V-shaped crest.
"Impossible! That symbol..." Managarmr looked up, disbelief apparent as to what came next.
Inbetween painful efforts to move her body, Tomoe gave a sigh of relief and a thumbs-up to the incoming hero.
"Yes! It is the calling card of justice itself! The embodiment of a justice unstoppable... is I, J-Kaiser!" Landing right beside the two, Yuudai quickly put back on the crest, and pulled the sword out, with the extensive experience of having done so multiple times. "Managarmr, you have caused too much destruction to occur in our fair city, and I'll not let you run unscathed... If at all!"
Raising the sword to the sky, he declared once more, "CHANGE! KAI! SEEEEER!" Crystals burst from the armor plating, before disintegrating, revealing the sleeker body underneath, and Yuudai smirking. "This is! The Great J-Kaiser! Let's do this, Managarmr!"

You have my attention

The problem that arose for me at least was that, since Racials were excluded from the pool, when putting them into the sheet past the initial two racials nothing would show up. Regular talents would, common talents would, but not racial ones.

Would it be easier if the Talents were parsed correctly as they were obtained?

For example, The first two talents would be your automatic style talents, the second two would be your chosen style talents, and the next two your racial talents? the next 3 would simply be normal talents, then again at 5 you have a slot for a talent, potentially a high talent, and a slot for a racial one?

Then again, that brings up conflict where-in style acquisition, the human racial talent to swap it for a regular one, and maybe something else i'm forgetting wouldn't fit the general format

I dunno if i've posted this chick yet. After this, i'll get to the 4 from page 33

Here's a thing for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHXEXBsvTKg

>The game plays fast and loose with fluff, letting you extrapolate your own story from what it lays down, rather than hard locking you into specific fluff like many western systems have a tendency of doing.
Interesting! This sounds just like Battle Century G, a system I really love. Think I'll check out Kamigakari.

How generic is Kamigakari anyway? Could it handle a Call of Cthulhu setting for example?

Easily, actually. There's a book specifically for eldritch bullshit.

We just haven't gotten there yet because the original translator disappeared on us and we're still taking baby steps into what hasn't been done yet. Fluff of the second expansion, currently. Also a neat rule about round robin GMing and remuneration for the current GM's character to keep them up to pace.

Sorry, didn't address the generic part.

As of yet, very. Unfortunately, all we have is the bog standard core setting and one expansions worth of properly translated world setting and GM stuff. As a result, the setting is comparatively sparse on details on its more unique machinations.

However, we are working on that, albeit slowly.

Hot as fuck in that gif but disgusting in the close up full video

Okay, first one

Well... no, the issue is really just that racial talents aren't being picked up past the initial two. It seems to not pick up on your ability to purchase Racials like other talents; adding them to the general pool... *should* correct this?

Oh. Well, yeah, someone should fix that then

And the last of the portraits i have on hand right now.

This motherfucker looks like the god damn kingpin

And as a bonus, i cropped out the pic of cordelia selling shit while her bodyguards watch.

I love this pic, just because she's got guns, knives, and shit and randomly there's some crap that looks like a cheap toy just sticking out, completely contrasting her smug as fuck demeanor.

How'd that potato-headed fuck Edward end up with such a hot daughter?

Recessive gene's or Mrs. blackeagle is a total babe.

I'd bet on either.

Thats something interesting to think on, actually. we need info or a pic for Mrs. Blackeagle

I'm gonna bump here on the off-chance that kansai user wants to round out his storytime

So, if I wanted to make a character who was competent in both magic and physical attacks, what would be the best and/or easiest way to do this?

You could do some combination of Elder Mage and Arc Slayer, with the Magus race.

I take it you'd rely on methods other than natural PD to get damage for the physical side, using Physical Enhancement to use Conjure instead of Accuracy?

Cordelia's profile mentions that she hired a teenage Japanese Godhunter into her bodyguard unit and calls him her ninja. How many times a day do you think she does or says something unintentionally racist while trying to be a good boss for him?

I wrote that shit really late, and only realized that I wrote anything this morning. I think I might really, really, need help.

Fang and claw met its equal with sword and steel, their clash ringing about the area. Neither Yuudai nor Managarmr relented in their assault on the other.

Meanwhile, in HQ, the operators stared in disbelief at the displays on their screens.
"Managarmr's Spirit Energy is rising... What's happening?!"
"J-Kaiser's Spirit Reactor output is rapidly dropping!"
"Great J-Kaiser might not be able to take it on!"

J-Kaiser's, whose movements were always wild and without abandon, now acted deliberately, dodging instead of parrying, seemingly avoiding contact with Managarmr, like the plague-infested dog it was.
"yOU CAtcH On qUIck, bOY," Managarmr snarled, both combatants stepping away from the other.
"It's pretty smart of you. Kaiser Sword's blade is fueled with my own Spirit Energy. Tomoe seemed pretty worn out from just fighting you, so it had to be something you were doing." He turns the sword, such that the now-dull gem in the center of the guard was shown. "Good thing I figured it out in time!"
"shAME yOU wEre tOo lATE!" Black rings, outlined in red, bursted out from Managarmr, then closed back into him, marking him all over his body. At that moment, he charged at the currently off-guard Yuudai.
The impact he braced for never came, and Yuudai instead saw Tomoe, doing quite well, kick Managarmr away, and into a wall. "Don't count me out so quickly!"
"Tomoe!" The disparity between a normal human and the J-Kaiser became apparent, as Tomoe looked up to him, and gave a thumbs-up, despite her obvious wounds.
"Thought I was out for the count?" On her hand burned forth the symbol of a flame shaped like a hand- her Spirit Crest. She chuckled at her comrade's surprise, yet she seemed... wilder, now. "C'mon, let's take this guy down... Together."
"Ah, right! If we combine our attacks..."

Pretty often, i'd say.

Well, i'm still listening if you got more.