Storythread

Lent edition. Jesus walked out into the desert, and ate and drank nothing for 40 days and 40 nights. During this time the devil showed him visions, and after Jesus left the desert these were all written down in the Bible.

So - what's your writing process?

This is a thread for creative writing of Veeky Forums-related fiction, so epic campaign greentexts and other non-fiction go elsewhere. If you have Veeky Forums related stories to post, post them here, and hopefully some kind user will give you feedback (or at least acknowledge that someone did actually read it, which let's face it is what writefags really want).

What counts as Veeky Forums-related? Anything someone could plausibly use in a campaign (which means basically anything if you have enough imagination).

If you don't have a story ready then I and other anons will be posting pictures throughout the thread for you to test your writing skills on. This is, more or less, a world-building and character-building exercise: two vital skills for playing roleplaying games. If you don't have any pics to post, you could try posting an idea for a setting or a character, and maybe someone will be willing to write a story using it. It's also an exercise in writing though, where writefags can try out their material and gain inspiration, so if you just want to talk about world-building you may want to head over to the dedicated world-building threads.

Remember that writefags love to have feedback on their work. Writing takes a long time, especially stories that go over several posts, and it can be really depressing when no one even seems to read it (and the writer won't know you read it unless you leave a comment).

And since writing takes a long time remember to keep the thread bumped. Pics are good, feedback is better.

There is a discord for writers:
discord.gg/6AwKHGF

The previous thread can still be found in the archive here
Don't forget to check out past stories on our wiki page:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Storythread

>So - what's your writing process?
Procrastinate till I can trick myself into writing.

my writing process?

well I as my countryman Luis Fernando Veríssimo said "my muse is my deadline"

Bump

>Foolish mortals! In drawing the sword from its stone, you have unleashed I, D'endachre, from my ancient prison! Once I escape from this timeless catacomb, I shall undo the blasphemies of Coersu, and revive the primordial life-seas of the ancient world!

"Oh, for Trinium's sake, I don't want the stupid sword that badly. I'll just shove it back in this slot, right here, just like that..."

"Looks like it didn't work. Mr. Tentacle's still thrashing about."

"Who'd have fucking thought? I told you two we should've just killed the rats and moved on to the next town over!"

>Feh! I see that your species is just as dull and cowardly as ever. A God speaks to you and you bend down and squabble about yourselves, pretending as if I disappear every time you look away.

"Yeah yeah, Ms. Squidlegs. Look, if you wanna thank us for helping you out, you could, I dunno, let us just walk out of your humble abode here?"

"No, no, it's Tentacle. Mr. Tentacle. That's what you said, didn't you, Mr. Tentacle?"

"Shut up, and pick up a goddamn weapon. We're getting out of here and hitting the fucking road before anyone finds out you unleashed an evil octopus god."

>Kahkahkah! It took tens of hundreds of millions of your ancestors to seal the gods. my companions, away. Wearing armor forged from the strongest metals, weaving magic that altered existence, and still dying by the thousands as they marched onto our temples. And you believe that the likes of you, clad in rags and carrying weapons no more dangerous than a blunt knife, will escape my wrath unscathed?

"Why do you think I wanted the dumb sword in the first place? Whatever, guess I'll just take it since I can't work the damn magic lock. And who the fuck laughs like 'cawcawcaw?'"

"Birds do. And you've got to admit, that was a hearty, booming chuckle there. It was so powerful that the whole cave shook!"

"For the love of Seor, give me that dumb sword. You lost mine back in the ravine, and I saw it first anyway."

>Insolent vermin! I shall enjoy ripping the flesh from your bones as I tear your frames limb from limb. In my gracious charity I shall grant you three slow and painful deaths. Feel honored, as I shall not be so kind to your siblings.

"Sorry to break this to you, Squidlegs, but I'm an only child. An orphan, you hear? And if you think we're not getting outta here alive, then you got another thing coming."

"Tentacles. Mr. Tentacles! And what are you going to do, through your sword at him? He's huge, and so far away! You couldn't even chuck it half the distance."

"My sword! Oh, dear Seor, that was MY fucking sword!"

>Perhaps I shall keep you alive, after all. In your infinite stupidity you have discarded the only weapon that could possibly harm me, and for that I should show you my gratitude, and I will be in need of jesters to entertain me for the rest of time.

"Trinium fuckin' dammit. I was sure I could throw it further! Can I get a do-over? Pass me another sword here, I can't let it end like this."

"You've got your knives there. With how light they are, maybe you can throw 'em further than three feet. It'll be good practice, jester's throw knives around don't they?"

"I wonder if a fall from this height would kill me. If it doesn't, maybe I could go find the sword. Water looks fairly shallow, and I should be fine as long as I find a deep spot."

>Ungrateful bottomfeeder! I offer you a chance to serve the great god D'endachre, and you choose to fall to your death instead? Bah, no matter. I would have likely tired of you in particular after the second or third decade I permitted you to live.

"You watchin' this? Look, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna throw this thing straight into Squidlegs' fuckin' mouth, and then we're gonna hightail it outta here. I'm telling you, I'm gonna do it on the first try."

"Technically second, if you count the sword. And which one of Mr. Tentacle's mouths are you aiming for? The big one, or the slightly less big one inside?"

>Kahkahkah! Truly, you are a unique specimen among your kind.

"Fuck! Fucking Trinium fucking fuck! I've got salt water in my fucking wounds here!"

"I've heard that's supposed to be good for that sorta thing. But really, how'd you do that? How do you fuck up throwing a knife so badly you end up cutting open the back of your thigh? I was standing right here and even I don't believe it."

>Kahkahkah!

"Ow, fucking oww! Could you stop cawcawcawing over there? You're making the ground move and it really isn't helping with the open wound and all."

"Hey, pass me one of your knives. I betcha I could hit him right in the eyeball. I can't do any worse than you, really."

>Congratulations. You succeeded. Truthfully, I was doubtful any of your species could still succeed in anything, after the dismal performance you've shown me today.

"That was a fluke. You got fuckin' lucky. I coulda done that I didn't have so much salt water on my palms earlier."

"You're always all mouth. Pass me another knife. If I hit this one, then you're gonna shut up for the rest of the day."

>Sincerely, I must congratulate you, my jester. However, if you wish to not render our agreement null and void, then you should consider not vexing me any further.

"Beginner's luck. Bet you can't do it a third time."

"Beginner's luck Khamal's fat ass! And a third time? Mr. Tentacle's saying he'll kill me if I do that again, and I tell you I don't want to see what sort of death an ancient squid god can come up with."

"So, you're scared because you don't think your luck's gonna hold out, huh?"

"Pass me another knife. And if you mouth off again, this is going straight into that thigh."

>I SHALL REND THE BLOOD FROM YOUR VEINS AND FILL YOUR BODY WITH FLAMING OIL IN ITS PLACE I SHALL PULL YOUR ORGANS THROUGH YOUR ORIFICES STRETCH THEM UNTIL THEY ARE TAUGHT AND ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO FEAST ON YOUR INNARDS I SHALL SKEWER YOUR EYEBALLS AND ALLOW FISH TO LAY THEIR EGGS INSIDE I SHALL CUT OFF YOUR DI–

"Holy fucking Trinity damn Soer ass Kahmal crap what the whoreshit was that fucking light?"

"I didn't mean it Mr. Tentacle! I swear, I didn't mean anything by it! I will be your obedient, loyal servant from now until the end of existence! Please, spare me! Please, give me back my sight!"

"Hey."

"Oh, jeez, do you here that? I think we're in the other place now. I'm hearing voices, I can't feel my leg, and I think we died with that light."

"The other place? Where's the wine and the women, then? All the books and the priests and the paintings and things said there'd be wine, women, and anything anyone would ever want!"

"Hey."

"No, no, the other, other place. Or maybe we're in a different other place. I don't know. All I know is we're dead."

"The other, other place? Oh no, no, no! I can't go to the other, other place! I've been a good person! I've gone to the temples and shrines as often as I could be bothered! I never drank as much as you did. And it's not like anyone got hurt with what happened in Reanol, anyway. There's no way I'm going to the other, other place!"

"Shut the fuck up and get the fuck up, we're leaving this fucking hole."

"Wait. You're alive? How're you alive! We thought you were dead! What happened to Squidlegs? Did you see that light?! We thought we were dead!"

"You're alive! You found the sword! We're not in the other, other place, right? Where'd Mr. Tent go?"

"Turns out the fall didn't kill me. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. So I swam around a bit, then I found the sword. Luckily it hadn't fallen into one of the few shallow areas, so it only took me a couple of minutes. I picked it up and started hearing some weird voices, then the sword started glowing, and for some reason I knew to point it at D'endachre or whatever. Then a beam of light shot out of it, and now he's nothing more than seafood."

"You know, you've gotta work on your storytelling. That was super boring to listen to, and I can't imagine how many times I'd have fallen asleep if I had to read it."

"I thought it was okay. Maybe passable at best. I'm just glad to be alive!"

"I ain't a fancy palace bard or something. And it was better than how you're going to tell this crap later, anyway. You're gonna add in like fifty different, pointless things, and you're gonna take out all the parts that made you look bad. But it ain't gonna matter because you can't pay for a night with a lady like that with some dumb story."

"Shut it. And help me up, would you? It's hard to me to stand with my leg like this."

"I'll be able to stand on my own, it's not like I stabbed myself or something. Oh, pass me that sword, I'll hold it for you. Frees up your hands that way."

"Couldn't you, I don't know, help that idiot up yourself then? Whatever, you can look at it."

"How the fuck do you trip over nothing? Absolutely fucking nothing! And you dropped the fucking sword, too! That god-slaying light-shooting sword, fucking gone."

"It ain't my fault! Sometimes your head forgets to tell your feet how to walk, and you just sort of stumble on the air! It happens!"

"I wonder if I'll hit one of the shallow bits this time."
"So, how'd it go?"

"Did you find the sword?"

"I jumped in right where we saw it fall. Couldn't even see or feel the bottom of that hole. Just fucking great."

"What do we do now?"

"We can go back, right? There's fried god bits if we need food, and the cave's not super deep, anyway. Maybe two or three days to get out, with your injury."

"Can we take an easier job next time? I wonder if the rat job's still gonna be open when we get back."

"I can explain Father - no, Sir! Maxwell collapsed on our way here, and I was worried that we wouldn't make it so I had...him...ride...me?" Each word had Gwyn feel just a bit more uncertain about what she was saying, and by the time she was finished, she was worried that she might have dug her own grave. "This is my responsibility!"

Her father's face didn't move at all. "Didn't think you had it in you, Gwyndlin." Her heart sank even further as he so casually said that.

"Please! If you must get mad at someone, let it be me!"

"You like this man, right?" Helpless, Gwyn weakly nodded. "And you like my daughter, right?"

Max, having been at attention the whole time, shouted out, "She is a very reliable partner, sir! I wouldn't ask for a better partner! You should be proud to have someone like her under your command!"

It felt like forever, the massive centaur staring at the two partners, gauging their reactions as they stared right at him. While the knight's eyes looked steadfast, his response was a bit naive. The mare's response was just as steady, but her twitching indicated more of her fear. Her eyes constantly darted around, her hands looking for something to defend herself with.

"Seems I should've prepared a better crown for you." From out of nowhere he embraced his daughter. As Gwyn groaned out of embarrassment, Max could only applaud. "Sir Maxwell!" The applauding stopped as he got back to standing at attention. "I hope you're prepared to support someone as much of a handful as my little princess!"

"With my life, sir."

"Good answer!" With that, Gwyn's father grabbed Max and pulled him in as well. "I take pride in having raised her like I have, so I expect you to respect her as you respect me!"

"Father!" Gwyn finally found her words. The old horse cackled.

"Alright, I have to make some final arrangements, so stay a bit! Enjoy the festivities! And Maxwell, keep my daughter out of trouble will you?" He finally left the couple, laughing loudly.

"Your father's...a very open-minded person, isn't he?"

Gwyn's tension snapped at that point - Not only was she practically on the tips of her hooves the entire conversation, worried about what her father would say, but now Max was being...well, a dolt. "You mean you haven't noticed it the entire time?" Max's response was of innocent confusion. "You're telling me that you have no idea what's going on?"

Max's expression remained where it was. "But I already promised that I'd stay by your side no matter what." He grabbed Gwyn's hand. "We've fought alongside each other for over a year now, so I know you're brave. If something's bothering you, please say what's on your mind."

Gwyn immediately pulled Max into her arms. "You'll understand if it's like this, right?"

"Gwyn?"

"Don't tell me you're stupid..."

"But Gwyn, I promised I'd be with you. That...also meant after the war." Max started getting red as he confessed. "I... Well, I know it isn't professional to think like that during a war, but I do want you to know that you've become very dear to me. I know I don't have much to offer you and what we do is a very dangerous occupation, but I mean every word I said." The centaur's grip got a whole lot tighter all of a sudden. "G-Gwyn?"

Gwyn shouted, "Max, you can be such an idiot! Do you have any idea how long I've been worrying about this?" The moment she lets go, she lowered her forelegs so she could stare at the knight head-on. "Please say it to me, and don't try to hide it behind duty or anything."

Maxwell grabbed her shoulders. "Centaur Gwyndlin of Lecrowne... You are a very wonderful woman, a brave leader, and a trustworthy ambassador for your people. I couldn't have asked for a better partner, and..." Their foreheads touch. "I want you to stay by my side, now and forever. I...well, I love you."

Their lips finally touch to the cheers of the other centaurs, seemingly rallied by Gwyn's father.

"Listen, Max..." The couple began walking, the air around them practically gone. "There's a certain custom as to why not anyone's allowed to ride a centaur. When a certain stallion really wants to show that he...well, has possession of a certain mate, he'd mount her. Usually, they'd just...engage in the act right there, but for us it'd be a bit.."

"It's okay. I'm touched you'd trust yourself to me like that," Max said. "But I don't want to be on top of you or leading you. I want to be right here, right beside you. Shoulder to shoulder."

"Max!"

"I promised to be your partner." He grabbed her hand. "So, let's show your home what kind of partners we are. How's that sound?"

Gwyn let go and instead seated herself. "Rather than that..." She pat her backside for Max. "I want to show them this way. That way nobody gets any weird ideas."

"Is...that alright with you, Gwyn?"

"I'd never let anyone else do this." With the consent given, Max took to his place upon Gwyn's lower back, his hands wrapped around her waist as she stood up. "Thanks for...well, everything, I guess. Even going along with this silly idea."

"I'm curious though, why me?"

Whatever she was going to say was shut up by the sudden question. Truth be told, that knight should have asked such a question far sooner, but it wasn't like there was ever a wrong time to ask it. Gwyn at least thought as much. "Well, to be honest, I think I've always been looking at you even since the beginning. You've never once looked at us as weird, you've never complained about working alongside our kind even when I complained about it, and...well, there was Little Flow."

Max remembered the situation well. "Ah? So when I rescued you and hid in the forest...?"

"I think you being there for me the whole time just convinced me that you were dedicated to being by my side and...well, I fell for you there." Their hands nestled together on her waist. "These hands protected me through everything. I love them and you."

Bump

Bump

Those two would declare their relationship before everyone at the feast, and Gwyn's father would approve of them. Though surprised, the elder council would not oppose these two. Some years later, they would finally give birth to their first child - a centaur.

This would be the first step towards the building of Lecrowne's Legacy.

>>
"So~... That'd mean that your great-great-great..." A young girl asks while riding atop a massively built male centaur. She's been listening to his story the whole time. The two of them are on a very long road, one they've been on for what felt like days.

"Yes, I can trace my lineage to Lords Maxwell and Gwyndlin," the Centaur proudly boasts. "My family holds the honor of founding this city and for being one of the first places to support human and demihuman equality because of that."

"Then that means..." She suggestively asks, hands tracing his torso. "When we get married, that means I'll be marrying into money too?"

A gruff snort. "Is that really why you're following me?"

The girl giggles. "Worried my heart isn't yours? Oh, you big sweetie!" If the centaur wasn't blushing before, he definitely was by the time she grabbed him with everything she had. "Oh, don't worry! My heart's been yours since the moment you saved me!"

"If only I could believe that..."

At last did something appear on the horizon. Past the last hill was a large gate, attended by two statues of a man and a centaur. The man's statue was rather heavily armored, the centaur's was lithe, nimble.

"Well, this is Lecrowne."

The girl points. "And those are...?"

"Yes. Lords Maxwell and Gwyndlin."

The girl takes a few seconds to look over the statues. "I can see where you got your strapping looks from." Again he reddens. "Aw~! Look at you!"

"Let's...just get in already. I have plenty of family who want to see you already." The couple trotted their way into the gate, watched over by Max and Gwyn, as it has always been.

>>END

> (/pol/ loses Internet, continues to shitpost in a journal)

Was great I really enjoyed it.

> (even Fae get served)

Pretty good. I've seen that image floating around awhile. Good to see it got a story.

> (Behind Blue Eyes)
Pretty short. Not much else to say like a glimpse caught on the edge of sight.

> (Chapter 1 of Alien Novel)

Not bad man. Except you said it might be a story of conflict. The captain making jokes with the alien is fine and all and him making jokes back but perhaps you should have had the officer completely Veto the tea leaves on the basis for pure bureaucratic conduct. Not to make him and ass but rather showing how insect hives follow rules to the T which can Lead to some potential plot points.

>(Blackwings, non black wings, does it matter? Afterall They're all finger licking good)
Pretty nice. Little bit of exposition and easy dialogue. Good stuff man.

>("mage didn't spec into stealth")

Remonds me of a transcript of a tabletop session. Not bad though.

>(Justice is blind, and also Batman)

I don't really like the character image. Looks way too derivative of batman with clean cut outfit except for the Cape and the giant hook is just lopsided to the design. Cybernetics are pretty cool though.

Story itself was alright pretty rough content wise. Why was there fecal matter in their blood stream? How? Did he inject it?

> (Row Row Row your victim)

Edgy, then funny, I liked it.

> (Horror Short)

Descriptions are nice but I don't know. Is it supposed to be a horror?

> (Gwyn,horse story)

I think this is continued this thread so I'll comment later.

N&N chronicles Still busy with
Peipers Pipers, Willey to after N&N

I died about two hundred thousand years ago. I was repairing a space station when a small piece of space debris struck the side of the station, releasing my safety cord and sending me on an uncomfortably slow drift across the cold void of space. My death was one of panic and desperation, something I still vividly remember. Thrashing, swinging and endless screaming where none could hear my silent fear of the unknown. Still, it was mercifully fast when I died of a cardiac arrest caused by a shock merely 36 hours after I began my slow ascension into eternity. Yet when my vitals seized and the comforting white noise that my heart monitor gave turned into an ear piercing silence, I still could move and perceive. I was dead, my flesh rotting and my the blood in my veins slowly turning into dust I still remained aware. What were my muscles crumbled to dirt and my hair was eaten away by the leaks of radiation and heat whenever I passed a sun. At this point I had noticed that I had picked up speed, flying through the cosmos at a blinding speed, through the dark space between the stars and across the endless expanse that separates galaxies. I have seen and forgotten more worlds than any human before or after m. I no longer feared fading into the lull of death nor did I become mad from my immortality. My senses were occupied, my mind running at full speed and in this infinite universe the little action there is is still infinite in the grander scale of things. I have held fledgling planets in my palm as they formed their core, dove through dying suns and kick started life on verdant worlds.

I could recite what many couldn't even imagine. Colors unseen and noises so beautiful it would kill a man from joy. I never questioned why, I never questioned who or what and I don't see it as important anymore. Whatever the reason I have become what I am, I travel through the endless cold to find more things, see new dimensions and become wiser. But with all the time in the universe and every place to explore, I still navigate very primitively. I cannot fathom how far from Earth I have traveled nor can I see my way back to where I started. A melancholy thought that. To return to see humanity after so long if it even remains there. Perhaps I was a prelude to our fate or these are merely the dreams of a dying man. I care not, for there is more to see, more to experience, more to unfold.

As more time passes and the more I experience, my fear of forgetting grows. All that I have done and seen gone because I simply forgot to remember them. I stop to rest for a moment on a planet with a civilization not unlike humanity so long ago. I sit and ponder atop their highest building, looking down on the bustle and hustle below. Their forms are unlike mine, soft and amorphous, yet they act eerily similar to how I knew people once acted. They scuffle, they laugh, they lust after one another and after wealth and power. I remained here for a few thousand years more, carving my memories to mountains, only to have them wiped away by erosion and the meddling of these beings.

While once sitting atop the highest mountain of this world, it suddenly sunk beneath me. Leaving me to float once more in the vacuum of space, the entire planet compressed itself into a tiny sphere, no larger than my fist. It emanated a greenish hue from within it's smooth exterior. I reach out to it, only to have a flash of the countless lost memories I had. In that instant, the sphere cracked upon as small butterflies spewed from within. In the patterns of their wings, I could see memories, dreams and ideas of the planet's once living inhabitants. Among them was one of a darker hue, with my own memories, larger than others. The butterflies surrounded me for a moment before spreading their wings one last time and speeding through the universe in every direction. Seeds of a new world? Souls of the civilization? Whatever it was, it was a beautiful spectacle.The largest of the butterflies, my own memories, clung to my spacesuit, choosing to remain with me. As I begin to travel to another star once more, I spot a lonely gray speck in the distance. The last of his kind, of those amorphous creatures. It was panicking in desperation, thrashing and cursing it's fate, much like I had done so long ago. I observed it for some hours, before gently catching the creature in my arms. It was confused and scared, which then gave away to sadness and anger as it realized it's predicament. Perhaps instinctively, I held out my arm and extended my index finger, upon which the butterfly perched. Still confused, it extended it's appendage to touch the butterfly. Nothing happened, yet I knew something had changed. I grabbed the still flailing creature and flew it across the stars, showing it things I had seen and learning things with it. After a period, it departed to find it's own experiences in the universe as I separated to my own ways.

Throughout this time, this mysterious event happened more, sometimes with me as in the center and as a guide to the new explorer of the infinite and sometimes merely as an observer as some other being mentored the new immortal. I suspect that I too had this happen to me, but have forgotten who brought me to this existence. In any case, the universe became livelier. I would fly past other explorers, join dozens, hundreds or even thousands of them in galactic caravans, where we would trade our memories. The secrets of the expansive cosmos became clearer and mundane questions begun to be subsided by eldritch thoughts of the nature of the universe itself, of impossible mathematical equations and spiritual questions none could answer. We collected, experience and learned until the heat death of the universe. We observed as what once was became nothing or something that was barely more than nothing. Then we watched the nothing become something and see it become nothing again, over and over and over. These new universes would become explored the instant they were born, their secrets revealed and questions answered. I grew tired. We all did. No longer was observing interesting and nothing new could be experienced. I fell to apathy, as did others. Countless species finally seized to exist as the last remnants of their life finally snuffed itself out as their apathy took over. Many infinities later, only a handful of us remain, reliving the desperation of our death, the regret of not having done all, but now our silent screams were of having done all. Finally, my own will gave in as I drifted away from my broken body for the final time and for good this time.

At this point Rod kicks me to the side, telling me to wake up so we can get to the old moonshiner's cottage in the woods. And thus, I am happy to explore the world once more from the very start.

Bump

You are the reason I am like this.

You are the reason I am nothing.

I had brought you to be a sign of things beyond our world, and I was repaid with oblivion. My atoms were scattered across infinite space. My very consciousness blasted to pieces. Everything was taken from me.

It was because of you.

Assembling myself was agonizing. At any second, for any reason, everything I built myself into could fall apart. I could not possibly understand just how I could put myself together. This...thing, this is not me. I cannot feel. I cannot see. I only exist as a shadow, an incomplete image of what I was.

It is because of you.

I cannot remember what I was anymore. I cannot remember what you took from me. I cannot remember, but I know you are why I am like this. I will find you. You give back what you stole. And once you have put me back together, I will destroy you, just like you destroyed me.

And it will all be because of you.

Page 10 bump

In other news Disney has stated it will be making more mature films using its older IPs such as a new Schinlder's List in the works by Disney titled as Donald's Doctrine with Donald Duck as Oskar Schinlder, Goofey as Itzhak Stern and Pluto the dog as one of the many German Shepherds used throughout the film. Guest appearance of Mickey Mouse as Adolf Hitler with the the swastika replaced with Mickeys Silhouette head and the Aushwitz concentration camp being reffered to as "Disney Land: Aushwitz"

Critics have described the trailer as "Larger than life". People all wait in anticipation to Donald's Doctrine along with the new Disney reboots of Kramer Vs. Kramer titled as Mouse Vs. Mouse and Lord of The Flies retitled as Lord of the Ducks.

>Nothing about the now-unified singular Comic Books Cinematic Universe with the black Red Skull and new Joker who embodies right-wing extremist American politics
For shame

>new Joker who embodies right-wing extremist American politics
But user the joker is supposed to be anti establishment and contradict himself to be unpredictable. Otherwise howbwouod teenagers Identify with him?

Bump

BUMP!

Bump with pics

Fuck didnt post full pic

An M37 Variant Triplex Pattern Lasgun. Its battery holds 60 charges, its accuracy is 98.765% when properly placated, and when fired, it goes "fyooom~". The mark on its side is no Aquila, as standard Imperial manufacture dictates, but instead the crest of the magos who created such a masterpiece when he was in service to a Rogue Trader dynasty.

I have repaired this gun over 500 times, and it has come in and out of the possession of over 16 guardsmen. Put together, this lasgun has seen about 3000 tours of duty across this subsector of space. Every time it comes back to me, and every time I see a new scratch or another dent on it. Normally, I would be infuriated to no end that they damaged this precious weapon a little bit more, but sometimes, I see the mark and the lasgun just...tells me that it wants to keep it. It wants to remind its owners that this gun is a survivor.

This gun holds many memories to me. I remember the awe I felt when I first was entrusted with its repair. I remember the countless nights I spent communing with the machine spirits, learning every eccentricity it has. I remember them all, from how much I need to pull the trigger to make it fire accurately while minimizing recoil to how hot the barrel can become when fired nonstop for 20 seconds. I remember it all because I think of this gun as my favorite - I can never understand why, but when I hold it in my hands, when my mechadendrite probes and tests it, it all just feels...right for us. I can understand it, it can trust me.

Someday, I wish I can finally keep that gun, make sure that it can never leave my hands again. Every time I see it leave me, it feels like something is missing from my being. I constantly worry about how the guardsmen are treating it and if it will ever return to my hands. I can only pray to the Machine God that I can see it again, and pray again that I may keep it beside me.

But what would make me happiest would be to find someone who values this gun as much as I do.

Love this one. Good straightforward description of gun admiration and sequencing regarding is always a neat little slice of narrative in my eyes.

He was running late and he knew it. Probably too late already, but even so he came charging down the front steps with his shoes barely laced and tie askew. Didn’t take a moment’s thought before he was off again, running full-tilt down the pavement with his suit coat flapping around him and his briefcase banging against his hip.

He saw the bus idling at the stop, and thought that he might have a chance after all. Then tyres screamed, and the car hit him. Bones crumpled as he bent over the bonnet, the flesh of his side ripping open and blood spraying into the air. It didn’t hurt.

He slammed to the tarmac, warm stickiness soaking into his suit. The colour drained out of the world.

Next there was light, and cold, flat ground beneath his feet. Arms dragging him along and dropping him into a chair. He looked up, squinting into the too-bright sunlight. The world stretched out beyond him, the horizon curling upwards behind the sun and then over his head, a long loop.

A voice behind him asked; “What’s the last thing you remember?”

Vump