Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Free Chainaxes Edition

Old thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4248SpFlA7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would I be able to play HH reasonably well with a 1k point army? How limited would I be?

Zone Mortalis.

if you can drum up some interest, you could play a Victory is Vengeance campaign for even less points worth

>not playing 10 point games of one v one tacticals

>not 3 point 1-on-1 Tech thrall Mitralock boxing matches

>not 2 point militia levy arm wrestling matches

>not 1-on-1 free chainaxe ice carving competition

>take infinite chainaxes
>build armies of chainaxebots
>still 0 points

youtube.com/watch?v=4248SpFlA7Y

Is it too much to ask that people put effort into having HH models? Fuck.

What's the cheapest way to build up an Adsecularis horde? bonus points if they're all relatively uniform. Assume for argument's sake that I don't have a massive bits box to draw on

>MkVII with MkVI helmets and a little filed knee pads
>"A-ok!"
>MkIII Phobos
>"No way!"

First for Salamanders

Stop self promoting.

This shit is terrible

ravenwing or white scars

That's just asking loyalist or traitor

Is it too much to ask that people put some effort into their videos >.>

Glaives or Heavy Bolters?

Wow, I love watching narrated powerpoint slideshows...

Sounds like you're a perfect match for the Ultramarines!

about the SW colors: wish I still had them kinda but I plan on doing 5 man squads of each legion (since I probably will never meet somebody to play games with) but I think it was just a couple layers of Eshin Grey over white. Nothing fancy. I think the scratches were one of the lighter GW grays. When I get around to making more I'll put more effort into it.

-white base
-Eshin Grey
-Balthasar Gold
-Agrax wash on brass
-Nuln Oil recess shade

I was thinking about dabbling in Ordo Reductor for a long time. Not that I don't love my robbits, but sometimes I just want to level the area. I started making these Ordo Reductor Artillery Tanks a long time ago, but I never really got the divine inspiration to finish them until recently. I wanted something special - I mean, EVERYONE uses the SA or the LA vehicles. I decided that my ORATs would have turret mounts, so the gun could swivel the full 360° and retain its positioning. So, after a few days in CAD, I think I have a workable design that can be further customized with astra militarum decorative bitz. This particular turret is capable of mounting a basilisk Earthshaker cannon, is capable of spinning as needed, and slots nicely into the ORAT hull that I made. I can't wait to see it printed and finished.

Standard earthshaker cannon. I still have to make turrets for the Medusas that I have. That turret will be shorter and squatter. The Earthshaker Cannon has a 0.1" diameter hole in its side, where normally the support bars go in and hold it. Within each side of the turret is a rod also 0.1" in diameter, that the gun can slip into for elevation. The gun itself is 0.71" at its second widest point (the widest point being the holes extending out somewhat), so by leaving a 0.75" hole in front, the gun elevation should be able to reach from -5° (If I measured the angle right) to near vertical.

Fuck off, Kat, you're an unlikable prick with shit opinions and no friends.

id suggest using brass rod for the pin, even the originals are notorious for snapping.

oh and when playing your reductor be sure to have a servo skull nearby to confer interceptor to your turreted s10 ap2 death machines.

Youtube keeps putting this fucking australian in my Recomended and its pissing me off.

So you're making a proper "Ordo Reductor special" then, a custom tank that can field any ORAT weapons loadout? (or at least the good ones?)

What's that hull, muhreen arty tank?

I will take this into consideration. The sheer thickness of the construction, while making it expensive, should make it somewhat sturdier.

Yes, the main part of the hull (tracks, front plate, bottom plate) is a Legion Artillery Tank. However, the back plate and back block is actually from the old Forge World Hydra kit. I needed something with a central hole that was compatible with the Legion Artillery Tank fram. I sized up that hole for the Turret to rest within. But yes, the idea is to have a hull that can swap the turret / weapon based on the situation, as well as fire in any direction while retaining front armor positioning to the enemy.

>fire in any direction while retaining front armor positioning to the enemy.
neat

Are you doing all the options?
Some of the less-explored ones sound very cool, though the big bombard might look a little odd (iirc the official one is a gun big enough it needs a Russ as a chassis)

I was planning on making it for just the earthshaker and medusa, but I would keep options open if I saw other weapons that performed well, or would be interesting to field.

You can have an admech vindicator or a twin-linked meltamobile, that's probably not to be sniffed at

Thanks, that's helpful.

no worries, like I said, dead simple. I'm not the best painter by any stretch but honestly this felt too easy. I didn't want them to look hyper clean but when I get some new ones hopefully when FW corrects the "laser sight" issue I plan on getting a bit more detailed with weathering/highlights

>The loudest voices that called for the censure
of the XV'h Legion for straying from the path
of sanity and law were those of the Primarchs
Leman Russ of the Space Wolves, Corvus
Corax of the Raven Guard and Mortarion
of the Death Guard. All three had at various
times come face-to-face with the all but
unimaginable horrors that could result from
the ultimate misuse of psychic power

What was Corvus' problem?

>All three had at varioustimes come face-to-face with the all butunimaginable horrors that could result fromthe ultimate misuse of psychic power
Maybe he saw Magnus step out of the shower once.

>skip through video
>looks like armor autism
I dwell in the ivory towers of the archival studies cabal. I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. 12 page manuscripts posted to modeling companies to inform them their Panzer IV H model had an incorrectly molded idler wheel on the driver side track. People who spend 6 years studying and collating all 80,000 documents pertaining to a single engagement during a battle. Trains, just trains in general.

Armor autism is for little bitches because there's no right answer. If you apply autism to, say, an idler wheel, you can prove that you are objectively correct about German machining and everyone else is wrong AND THEN TELL THEM
EVERY DAY
CONTINUOUSLY
Whereas if you insist that only space wolves used square shoulderpad rivets you can't prove anyone wrong. You can't ask space wolf veterans about it. You can't scan the quality guidelines for the forge world in question. 9 times out of 10 armor autism is just an opinion and nobody cares about your opinion. I deal with elderly engineers and architectural experts on a near-daily basis and these armor babies don't have what it takes to step into an autism that requires serious study through poorly cataloged storehouses to achieve dominance.

I've never wanted to hug an user so badly for putting exactly my thoughts into words before.

The Emperor asks each Primarch for a sword. How does each respond?

>Lion El'Jonson: (lies) I don't have a sword
>Fulgrim: I have crafted for you a sword shaped in the very vision of my emperor-crafted penis
>Perturabo: Nobody has ever asked me for a sword so I have none
>Jaghatai Khan: (unintelligible)
>Leman Russ: Please use me as a sword master
>Rogal Dorn: Instead of a sword I have established a fortified position
>Konrad Curze: I have foreseen this eventuality and deliberately hidden all swords
>Sanguinius: Here is my sword father
>Ferrus Manus: Here take m....(dies)
>Angron: If only I had a sword at Nuceria REEEEEE
>Roboute Guilliman: 10,000,000 swords that all commit heresy are inbound to your position
>Mortarion: pulls out disgustingly dirty sword the emperor promptly ignores

>Horus: Why do you need a sword when I'm here?! WHY WHY destroys your imperium
>Lorgar: A sword? The greatest sword is faith. Faith that you denied me. All I ever wanted was faith and you denied me. Have I not spilt enough blood for you father? Have I not earned the same greatness as my brothers? These transgressions that you dare point at me are not my own doing but a result from the barbaric nature you forced upon me. You ask me for a sword when I could give you paradise. You ask me to give you the instruments to kill when this was never what I wanted. I am not like Russ or Curze, I crave more to life than the simple a…(cont.)
>Vulkan: I have destroyed all of my swords for being too powerful, idk why I bother making things anymore
>Corax: teleports behind emperor here my liege, take this sword I dub DARKBLADE SOULSTEALER. Linkin Park will play directly from the guard
>Alpharius: Okay, wait no.

>Jaghatai Khan: gives Emperor sword; Emperor never thanks him for it or seeks him out; might not even know he got it.

>Perturabo: gives him a Chinese Wonder shovel.

>Alpharius: "I already gave you a sword. but it wasn't mine and I'm not telling you who it belonged to

>>Angron: If only I had a sword at Nuceria REEEEEE
kek

RENEGADE CULT FORCE – 1015 Points

HQ
Force Commander Elexus Cortavion
Plasma Pistol (Master Crafted) + Carapace Armour + Power Sword + Plasma Pistol + Melta Bombs + Digital Laser + Cyber Familiar + Planetary Overlord = 115 Points

Rogue Psyker
Elsa Khun (Alpha Class) + 60 Points

Abhuman Helots + Tainted Flesh = 70 Points
(+1 Toughness, 1- Initiative, Fear, Feel No Pain 6+, Rending)

TROOP
Inducted Levy Squad
50 Mutants + Discipline Collars + CCWs + Custodian with Hand Flamer + 120 Points

Inducted Levy Squad
50 Mutants + Discipline Collars + CCWs + Custodian with Hand Flamer + 120 Points

Militia Fire Support Squad + 6 Mortar Teams + 120 Points

Militia Fire Support Squad + 6 Missile Launchers + 150 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
10 Mutant Spawns + 260 Points
IRON WARRIOR ALLIES – 982 Points

Dreg-Keeper Relachron Varl
Iron Warrior Legion Siege Breaker Consul + Terminator Armour + Chain Fist + Combi-Melta + 3 x Phosphex Bombs + 167 Points

20 Legion Tactical Marines + Nuncio-Vox + Legion Vexilla + Power Fist + 260 Points

Xiphon Pattern Interceptor + Ground Tracking Augeries + Chaff Launcher + Armoured Cockpit + 225 Points

2 x Legion Medusas + 2 Heavy Bolters + 330 Points

Working on my first proper Heresy Force. Idea is of a rather pissed off Iron Warrior commander who's in charge of the actual military cannon fodder and trench diggers. Any thoughts on how to improve it?

Any wolfsbane spoilers? Particulary about Horus vs Russ fight and Erlking?

Russ a bitch. Not really a spoiler tho.

Russ while fighting Horus sees a vision of the End Times/Wolf Time. He witnesses dark warlord holding a dread sword covered with daemonic faces striking down the Emperor (now in his corpse form) from his throne

Is this Abaddon reference?

Doesn't matter. Implying GW will ever have the balls to follow through with it

What about fight itself? How Russ holding up against Satan-Horus? What Russ achieve with his suicidal attack on Vengeful spirit?

Hey Macca or Cat, stop whoring your boring shit here. Thanks.

Has anyone here actually run a leviathan talon of three? The fact that it exists makes me want to try it one day.

Upvoted.

They fight a bit, Russ bitches about having to fight with the super-spear, he hits horus and de-chaosifies him temporarily, both ramble for a bit, then Russ runs away going "Yeah, I totally could have taken him, easily, but he not worth it, bro." to the other space wolves while Horus now has bad dreams sometimes.

So he achieved nothing at all? Sad.

Fucking BL with stupid ''Yeah, I totally could have taken him, easily, but he not worth it, bro". What's the point?

Classic BL plot, russ is too retarded to live

Not Russ. It is authors who really retarded.

So Russ now not only has the blood of Prospero on his hands, but that of Sanguinius and The Emperor for not finishing Horus...

Great guy.

>BL

>the 2nd primarch storms across the battlefield, the rangdan corruption clear on his flesh
>russ, the 6th primarch, sees that the 2nd is lost to the imperium, and knows what he must do
>he charges forwards, striking so suddenly the 2nd doesn't see him until it's too late
>pinning the 2nd down, his sword at the lost one's throat, russ prepares to do his duty
>"now, 2nd primarch, I hope you know we're all very disappointed with you" he says
>his task completed, russ sheaths his sword, gets up, and walks away

Can you quote some interesting moments from the fight?

>implying Russ could have actually taken Horus and isn't just making up a lame excuse for his failure

Are you guys serious? We already have a novel that show us the aftermath of their fight. Russ was broken in both mind and body..

In last Horus Heresy books all loyal primarchs, who was absent on Terra during the siege in old lore, now get new reasonable roles. Corax led guerilla war, Vulkan guarding Emperor on the throne, Guilliman push through blockade and Lion destroy traitors home worlds. Only Russ still gets nothing. BL authors shit on him and make Russ retarded. Wtf?

Guy Haley is stupid fuck who don't read Thrpe's Weregeld.

This is why nobody should take /hh/ seriously. Hysterical idiots and their lying trolls.

I dunno, I can't be too critical of him not reading Thorpe's stuff. I wish I hadn't.

Authors are the same fanboys who biased against SW.

The only book of he/his I've read was Deliverance Lost and I thought it was pretty average by HH standards.

In old lore they were delayed by warpstorms. But now everyone can go to Terra but only 2 Legions did.
Not counting Fists because they always been there.

I wonder if Alexis "big bollocks" Polux will make it back to Terra. There's no reason why not, if the Blood Angels can make it from Macragge to Terra in time.
>pertuarbo lands on Terra
>suddenly an involuntary shiver goes through him
>he looks up, sees a figure at the top of the wall
>"remember me?"

so why was papa sang the best primarch?

Why not? Though I'd say Khan is da best.

Litterally worst primarch.
‘Father might do worse. He might forgive you.’
He struck home. Curze’s mask of contempt fell. The unease returned. The reptilian eyes widened as they saw destiny enter a state of flux. In the storm of emotions that passed in micro-tremors over the Night Haunter, Sanguinius saw anger and doubt. He saw horror again at the thought that the universe really was not as Curze had known it to be, for so long, and so absolutely. And Sanguinius saw what he was looking for. He saw the rarest of all things in Curze’s eyes. He saw hope.
That was what he needed. That was confirmation.
He pushed Curze into the stasis coffin. The Night Haunter fell back and lay prone, helpless.
‘He might forgive you. I don’t. You cannot have that redemption. I won’t let you. Rest certain in your destiny. You will have it. I am not taking you to Father.’
‘You can’t kill me either. I die at the hand of Father’s assassin.’
‘I’m not going to kill you. I am going to jettison your coffin into the void. The assassin will find you when the time comes. It may be millennia, Konrad.’
The hope vanished forever from Curze’s eyes, replaced by a different form of horror.
‘You claim destiny can’t be altered.So be it. Yours will be as you say.’
He stepped back and depressed a pad on the side of the coffin, generating the stasis field. It froze Curze in mid-scream.
He moved to the vault door. He did not open it immediately. Before he saw Azkaellon, before he looked upon any of his sons, he thought about his fate and hope.
He would meet Horus on the Vengeful Spirit. He accepted the inalterability of his fate to that point. But he had learned that destiny could change. Perhaps there was still a choice to come, only it was not his.
Horus was not Curze. What he had been was too magnificent to be lost utterly. Sanguinius would summon it again. He had passed through the Delphos and triumphed. He would save Horus.

Why Solar Auxilia don't have any anti armour troop choice?
Like heavy weapon squads or special weapon squads.

Rapiers

>Has vindicators with a transport capacity as dedicated transports,
>Has the ability to take 18 leman russ battletanks in a standard FOC,
>Has Valdors as heavy support choices,
>Has access to wide mix of powerful artillery and antitank gun platforms through rapiers and artillery,
>Can take Hq choices that launch artillery strikes.
>Moans he doesn't have dedicated antitank as troops.
Solar Auxilia players everyone.

>Want to have Armoured Breakthrough force
>Play Fists
>Currently painting 4 Sicarans and 4 Predators

Why did I do this to myself

The only mistake there was putting Curse in the stasis coffin before throwing him out an airlock

lot of loyalty for a traitor Primarch

working on an AL list with Pimarch's chosen. Using Calth as a base, so some things are pretty set in stone.

>HQ
Alpharius

Command squad
Cat. Armour
power fists
Proteus
Augury Web

Centurion
Saboteur

Damocles Command Rhino

>Troops
Tac. Vet squad
5 marines
Nuncio vox
vexilia
heavy bolter
missile launcher
lightning claw
power dagger
venom spheres

Tac. Vet squad
5 marines
Nuncio vox
vexilia
heavy bolter
missile launcher
lightning claw
power dagger
venom spheres

Tac. Vet squad
5 marines
Nuncio vox
vexilia
heavy bolter
missile launcher
lightning claw
power dagger
venom spheres

>Elites
Mortis Contemptor
kheres assault cannon

Lernean Terminators
5 termies
C.beamer
venom sphere harness
Dreadclaw

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would put someone in a stasis field before throwing him out of an airlock?

How many points is this?
Why are you running a single landraider with no other armour?
Why do your vets have Hbs and Missiles?
Why a C-Beam gun?

Thanks for the critique. In order:
>2500 points
>Costcutting, both in points and bongbucks
>Both of those weapons come with suspensor webs, so can be used as assault weapons when needed
>The plan for the Lerneans is to drop them on an objective, fight off anything that might be holding it, then use the C.beam to harass the enemy if they choose not to counter-attack

Be prepared for your opponents to have 3-4 units that can kill that Proteus turn 1.
>>Costcutting, both in points and bongbucks
Fair enough. personally id suggest more men instead of the land raider. Alphas can actually be very effective as infantry heavy.
>>Both of those weapons come with suspensor webs, so can be used as assault weapons when needed
Stick to one or the other per unit.
Hbs are useless against med=ium armour, frag missiles are meh against everything.
>>The plan for the Lerneans is to drop them on an objective, fight off anything that might be holding it, then use the C.beam to harass the enemy if they choose not to counter-attack
Unless what they are harassing is the other side of the board stick to literally any other weapons

If you already have the list, play a few games, if you're planning purchases look into getting 2 copies of calth instead of some of the fancy toys.

Cool, you make some good points.
The main reason for the Proteus is to double down with the Damocles and Alpharius to dominate the enemy reserve rolls.
I'll try to shuffle the loadouts to specialise my squads, rather than as generalists
>Unless what they are harassing is the other side of the board
That was kind of the idea; it's an expensive unit, and the shock assault alone might not earn their points back if they get ignored.

What do you think about coming soon™ Solar Auxilia transport?

Fucking beautiful response user

It is litterally just a rhino

Sounds like a Rhino with a multilaser. Apt filename.

Honestly looks like a better rhino for the cost. Multilaser is a step up from a stormbolter even with the 1 less BS (Though I can't recall what Explorator Adaption does off the top of my head).

>IA use 20 man units
>this thing is supposed to have been on the way to being the standard transport for the Army
>can't carry a proper unit only elitefags
>but elite units already have better options--for example the one (1) viable militia build literally gets rhinos already, which this is functionally, and SA get a demo cannon in a dracosan
This makes no sense from rules or fluff.

It's basically a slightly up-gunned rhino, with all that implies. Old Faithful still has its uses, same as always.

I assume in the fluff the aurox is smaller and cheaper, since it only has to be big enough to carry 10 regular dudes, not 10 space marines.

Sometimes you want a cheap alternative. The Dracosan, while by all means a impressive vehicle, is basically a superheavy tank with some tech stripped out to make room for a infantry squad. That is expensive. Better get a easy-to-build alternative that your factories can shit out by the truckload., even if that means reorganizing your infantry.

>I can't recall what Explorator Adaption does off the top of my head).
It's common for Solar Auxilia vehicles. It gives 6++ against blast and template, give reroll of failed dangerous terrain tests, and count as void hardened.

I can see some use in carrying Flamer or Storm Sections alongside a Dracosan filled with Lasrifle Section to an objective.
I mean, obviously a second Dracosan, this one with a demolisher, would be better, but at 35pts vs ~170pts one needs to consider the price difference.

>Love tanks
>Absolutely hate painting vehicles
I feel you man

>>Costcutting, both in points and bongbucks
The issue with only one or two vehicles is that it is the only real target for enemy anti-tank weapons, meaning every single lascannon, deredeo, and kraken missile is going for those two vehicles and they will die very very quickly. At 2500 points I would suggest a minimum of 12-16 hull points worth of heavy (AV 13 front at least) vehicles. There are some exceptions for example AV 15 vehicles with someone who can repair hull points might still be pretty hard to take down. Any less and your vehicles will just be a giant target. If you aren't taking many heavy vehicles I would suggest taking none at all since then at least the enemy AT will be largely wasted.