Horizon State - HST

I'd like to preface this by saying thank you to whoever the absolute legend here is who recommended Raiblocks on December 1st, thank you for driving my portfolio above 400K for the first time ever

Now, I'd like to give back.

If there's one thing I've heard non-stop for the last month, it's "2018 will be the year of coins with real-world applications", and you can see it in stuff like POWR which has gone up astronomically since it's ICO price of 6 cents.

Now, what better real-world application for blockchain technology than the very foundation of western civilization - voting

Enter, Horizon State. Horizon State (HST) is a blockchain-based platform designed to provide transparency to voting at all levels, from a small local council vote to a large scale federal election. This supports the very fundamental ideas behind cryptocurrency, that decentralization and transparency are of the utmost importance.

You might be thinking, why would any government want to implement this? Well, with current voting methods, elections are estimated to cost taxpayers anywhere from $7 to $25 per vote. With HST, an election on the same scale would cost just 50c per person. That's a massive benefit to both governments and taxpayers.

The team behind Horizon State already have a working voting platform in the form of MiVote (mivote.org.au/), developed by the same people behind HST

Not to mention they're already partnered with the United Nations - the first blockchain-based startup to have a UN partnership (medium.com/horizonstate/united-nations-igo-joins-forces-with-horizon-state-to-accelerate-sdg-innovation-38bd9f8f54d0).

What do you think a blockchain-based voting system that's partnered with the United Nations should be worth? Because right now, it's currently sitting at rank 271 with a $40M USD market cap. A coin like this should be AT LEAST in the top 100, if not the top 20.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decision-token/
medium.com/horizonstate/horizon-state-token-mechanics-104af1dd26bd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pajeet state

Been in since 80c. Sad I didn't see it sooner but I'm still riding easy.

Why would corrupt governments ever want transparent voting be a thing?

Not on coinmarket cap? What exchanges?

It's on coinmarketcap as "decision token" coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decision-token/

Can buy it on ED, Kucoin and Cryptopia

HST is a legit good idea, but what I'm worried about is the team and the product
>no github
>no wallet
>no product to test around
>tons of stuff from the roadmap still missing and no communication about progress

But these can be ignored. The worrying thing is:
>a vote will always use the same amount of fiat - if the token is priced at say 100$, they'll make it so that 1$ is always the price of a vote, so a vote will only cost 0.01 tokens
So I don't see if pouring money at this will make us initial investors rich at all, besides the possible hype rise of the price. The token seems almost worthless, it's the company that's worth something

also ignore the no wallet part, I just remembered it's an erc20 token and I have mine in my wallet

Basically the only real bad thing is the token valuation

Check out Propy (PRO) if you like cryptos with real use cases, it is the first one to work with real estate!

medium.com/horizonstate/horizon-state-token-mechanics-104af1dd26bd

I don't understand what you mean, the tokens used for voting will be purchased from the market for whatever the current price is. I get what you're saying though, but regardless of the fiat price, an increase in adoption of the token's usage would result in a higher buying pressure besides the normal speculative buying pressure. And it'll still have an overall positive effect on the price, since HST plans on limiting the rate at which the tokens can be sold back to the market, as well as burning 8% of all tokens used in voting.

This.

>Token Sale ended
>30 OCTOBER
>$893,520
>OF
>$61,200,000 (1%)

*breathes in*

KEK

ENJOY HODLING THOSE BAGS FOREVER DUMB PAJEETS

>You might be thinking, why would any government want to implement this? Well, with current voting methods, elections are estimated to cost taxpayers anywhere from $7 to $25 per vote. With HST, an election on the same scale would cost just 50c per person

Regardless of whether corrupt governments would implement it or not, it's use isn't limited to corrupt governments, it's designed to be used by any government at any level (local, state, or federal), as well as any private institution.

>ICO raised 900K
>Current market cap: 40M
>He thinks a >40x gain from ICO price is "bagholding"

Yes but if they guarantee a set fiat price for the vote they'll be selling the same tokens for a fraction of the market price. That makes the market price crumble.

Oh, damn. It's even worse than I thought.

Been hodling. There are obviously some questionable things around HST but desu I don't really care, expecting some nice gains this month. I'm here for money what about you user

You’re all stupid. This shit was shilled all over biz at .20c

This will never be used. Ever.
Noble idea, but it's a dead end

>it's another pajeet doesn't understand marketcap vs roi

TOKENS WERE 0.00029 ETH
THATS ONLY A 5X ROI IN 3 MONTHS
YOU WOULD HAVE MADE MORE INVESTING IN ANY OTHER SHITCOIN

DUMB PAJEET

This is another one of the applications the Enigma Protocol can be used for.

What? How does that make sense?

If a local govt needs 4000 votes worth of HST, each vote costs 50 cents and HST is worth $1 per token:

The local govt would pay $2000 and get 2000 HST. Each 0.5 HST would represent 1 vote. After the vote, 8% are burned and the remainder are sold back to the market at the current market price.

How does this translate to "selling the same tokens for a fraction of the market price" in your mind?

For any federal election, you're right, but it's not unreasonable to think it'd be used on a smaller scale. Local/state elections, private institutions, etc.

What he's saying is if a vote is 50 cents and a token is $100 they only need 20 tokens for your 4000 person village. Ergo not as much demand as if each vote is 1 token

Hahaha holy shit that's terrible. Good luck to all Veeky Forums bagholders. Who am I kidding I don't care it's only pajeets.

Oh, well to be fair, there's admittedly virtually zero chance of this hitting $100 per token unless they get some seriously huge adoption which would counteract that. I was thinking with the frame of reference of around $7 to $10 per token

"Bagholding" literally up 7x on HST because I'm not autistic like you

>literally up 7x
>it's another larping pajeet since the most anyone could possibly be up since presale is 5x

*breaths in*

KEK

AT LEAST PUT IN A BIT OF EFFORT RANJEET

Why do you only do the Kekistani LARP in HST threads? Do you have a HST copypasta folder some where? What a dumb nigger

I agree.

However.

We are at that point in the market cycle where you really need to switch your brain off. Anything with a gimmick like voting on the blockchain should be bought low with a small part of your stack and then dumped immediately when you get the 2x-5x. Just make sure you get the fuck out in time.