Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This has been the worst boxed deal in the history of boced deals, maybe ever Edition
Previous Thread: Latest news
warhammer-community.com/2018/02/16/glub-glubgw-homepage-post-3/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed)

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

I like the idea of sky dorfs but I hate how every flying unit looks
Guess I'll stick to my regular ground dorfs

this one is also really shit unless you want to go full surtha ek

SOON

I kinda get it for Kharadrons because that sphere thing seems to act like a balloon. The "floaty" quality works for them.
Might get one of these at some point, I was thinking of getting some Endrinriggers and a gunhauler anyways.

But that's an ally box to buff your army - not a start collecting box to start playing at your LGS

Why is no one talking about the new video? Undead fish pirates right?

BEYOND YOUR C O M P R E H E N S I O N

We talked about this in last 2 threads mate

>Undead fish pirates right?

HAH. No.

Atlantian Aelves.

>SOON
except^
face, tits and body

We talked about it.

Rumour guy says is Sea Elves, and they look like bad-ass Atlantidean Spartans, or something like that.

Old rumour had them like Cthulhu Elves.

There isn't much more to be said.

Well shoot I guess I didnt scroll down far enough then.

>FROM THE BLACKNESS THEY CAME

I support this movement

Sea elves rumors in previous thread

>Mathlann followers
Doubt.jpg

And hair. Morathi found feminism.
or chemo

Copied from the previous thread... not me

>Is a complete new line like kharadrons
>Underwater aesthetic mix greek atlanteans and eldar corsair.
>They have been hiding in underwater cities and have control over some sea fauna, water and mist.
>I cannot be more specific but the apparently reason for being hiding is that they hides something in secret.
>Beautiful models, same size that blood bowl elven union and some models have great potential for conversions into custom exodites.

>This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans.

>The new aelf range are Mathlann followers, some legacy models could join them - for example scourge privateers.
>Atlantean aesthetic, some are very similar to Kairic Acolytes with Spite-Revenants face, anothers looks a lot more eldar - Mistweaver Saih are part of the range.

>before and after mind virus

>Mathlann

Is that or is that not just the elf name for manaan?

I mean they're both sea/storm gods with very similar names.

>bad-ass
I really wish this rumors isn't truth

>The new aelf range are Mathlann followers

That's interesting, if true. It doesn't surprise me to see Khaine brought back given how important and well-known he was, but mentioning the lesser Elven gods is pretty cool. Makes me wonder if the whole pantheon might be reintroduced.

yup, he was
The problem with this rumor is that I doubt GW would use any god from WHFB in AoS
It would be more believable if they have created a new brand not-Mathlann for them

I don't like the swirly orrery on the hurricanum

Any ideas on what I can replace it with while still being thematic?

I'm thinking some kind of observatory

>The problem with this rumor is that I doubt GW would use any god from WHFB in AoS
>Daughters of KHAINE
>Age of SIGMAR

Welp, I like the pirate aelfs idea, but more with the Cthulhu aesthetic, but a grecoroman one can be cool to

>pirate aelfs
GW would not invent a new pirate aelf army when they literally already have scourge privateers.

Either SP are being expanded on or there's a distinct aesthetic

You know what I mean smartass
Are you going to list Chaos God next?

No cthulhu aesthetics in Sea elves.

I present to you

>>Daughters of KHAINE
The whole faction focused around Morathi, not the Khaine.

This box was a great fuckin deal actually

How would you make Shyish bases?

So far I’m thinking of using a basic Greyish Brown with dead grass, bones and gravestones but it seems a tad simple doesn’t it?

Yeah, but as a "Start Collecting" package? It kind of sucked. Should have been a Farseer on foot, 10 Dire Avengers, and a Fire Prism.

>GW will not use any god from WHFB in AoS
>GW used at least two non-chaos already
>B-but faction focus!

What's the point in Mathlann if he wasn't a god since ET?

It worked quite well but you had to use other detachment than the patrol one. In 40k there are no battleline units so SC boxes don't have to be as specific as the AoS ones

>seems a tad simple doesn’t it

Just coz you have realms of fire, death, metal etc doesn't mean they're all extreme user.

The realm of fire isn't just one big volcano and the realm of metal isn't just one big chunk of ore.

already discontinued start collecting only remain store stock

new is

>The realm of fire isn't just one big volcano and the realm of metal isn't just one big chunk of ore.
Except they are, at least on art

Oh I agree, and if I had still been playing Warhammer Fantasy Battles I wouldn’t even be thinking about this.

But with the realms being more extreme and fantastical than the world that was it seems kind of a waste to just have my bases be so natural.

You could do something like a "ritual zone," glowy runes, standing stones, charms and such. Keep the blasted appearance though, that's very Death.

>smooth white/light grey marble floor
>small streams of souls flowing on the surface and the sides of the bases
>occasional pile of black/dark grey sand with one of two grains of dust in a shinier purple colour

22 armies of aelves!

>I doubt GW would use any god from WHFB in AoS
even fucking nechoho became canon again in AoS, user.

>In 40k there are no battleline units

There are (or at least were; I dropped 8th like a hot turd) Troops choices, which you have to take to field a legal army.

Can you even imagine the Chaos/SC asshurt

No, you don't have to. Some detachment require troops units but there are also non-troop detachments like vanguard, spearhead and outrider detachment

>daughters of khaine
>300 leagues under the seaelf
>scourge privateers
>darkblades
>darkling covens
>order serpentis
>order draconis
>eldritch council
>lion rangers
>phoenix temple
>swifthawk agents
>wanderers
>sylvaneth

we're halfway there already

Shyish includes all heavens and hells, so you can make basically anything you want
Do you want to make the bases with cotton because they are fighting in the AoS equivalent of the stereotypical Christian heaven? Go for it

>sylvaneth
>aelves

doesn't even have the keyword.
sad.

well consider me hyped!

>>Underwater aesthetic mix greek atlanteans and eldar corsair.
Lolwut?
Eldar corsairs aren't different from CW Eldar

Sorry for the most likely silly question, but do the battalions’ units count toward the minimum/maximum number of leaders and battlelines of an army?
If the battalion includes 2 battleline units, for example, do I need to add three more units for the minimum or just one?

They do count against the restrictions. They are part of the army nevertheless.

So you need to add only one battleline in your example.

maybe he means the "wing" backpacks

>maybe he means the "wing" backpacks
Not quite different from Hawks

probably meant to say elven corsairs

Thanks. I asked because I’m more used to play 40k and there the formations are basically an army by itself, so you need additional HQ etc

yeah but you can't say "cw aethitics" if you mean "hawk backbacks"

right, or this

how does he walk on a beach with that blade for a foot?

Stop killing seers, you assholes

No it's not.

driftwood!

I'm okay with it, as long as one is the Cult of Slaanesh

I don't get how the scenery piece has moulded detail of fish swimming around it.

>hung tribe
they chose them on purpose, didn't they?

>people are actually voting Skull, and it's winning

maybe they can open "portals" to the sea floor to invade land or stuff

online polls always deliver the lowest common denominator, i.e. the least imaginative available option.

they swim in magic
ain't gonna explain shit

Will this actually be Death’s year, after all?

skull =/= death

as everyone knows skulls are a universal symbol of life and fertility

If I might take a step back from the in character fun to make an argument instead as a player of Age of Sigmar, one who hopes to see the dynamic of this game evolve in complexity and interest going forward, I would strongly argue that all players, regardless of personal alliance of choice, log their points in favor of the outcome that most advances Nagash's grand vision for the realms. The reason for this is simple - to date Age of Sigmar's narrative has been entirely one dimensional, a binary conflict between Order and Chaos. Dread Solstice offers the first real opportunity to break from that single axis into a multidimensional conflict.

A victory for Nagash in Dread Solstice is a victory for Age of Sigmar in general as a game worth playing and a setting worth investing in emotionally. Any other result would just be a perpetuation of a two years stagnant status quo.

At least as far as my local store manager put it it’s “Will you try to hide the obvious to further the secret plans of the great Necromancer?”

>ok guys, here's the campaign: you've got strange stuff going on and people trying to understand what they mean; what do you do?
>ghill da siirs :DDD

Fuck off it is totally death.

The portents are side affects of nagash's great work.

It benefits nagash that people don't interfere with his shit.

Hence killing the seers = ignoring the portents and those who read them = good for nagash

I don't think the will be a faction "winning" in Malign Portents.
Just consequences.

They did it last time and we hated it.
And they know we hated it.

>Skull first option

Well I guess whatever happens is gonna be death related. I just want dead for seers

>yfw all the Harbingers are banned the rest of the campaign because they got purged.

What do you expect of new aelves Veeky Forums? What you want to see in this "no scourge privateers" faction?

That's just a Chaos cavalry discount box, user. A good buy if you wanted to add knights or chariots to an existing army.

Good coz they're rubbish anyhow

ooooh wht fucking blue is that user?

>drake
>last
dumb warmbloods

From a white basecoat I started with Gauss Blaster Green, blended it with Sybarite Green and closer to the bottom blended in Kabalite Green and the very bottom was lined with Incubi Darkness.

Gave the shields a thinned down Coelia Greenshade wash to tie the colours together and the re-highlighted the edges of the holes with Gauss Blaster Green.

You could probably do it in reverse from a black basecoat but the end result would most likely be more muted.

>very similar to Kairic Acolytes with Spite-Revenants face

That sounds a whole lot less visually interesting to me that some kind of visual extension of the Corsairs and their spiky lizard armour.

rumor say 'some' not 'all'

you'll see...

KILL HIM, HE'S PROPHESISING!

has there been a new faction so far where the dudes don't all look the same?

I don't know, only that the rumor say.

>Atlantean aesthetic, some are very similar to Kairic Acolytes with Spite-Revenants face, anothers looks a lot more eldar - Mistweaver Saih are part of the range

> anothers looks a lot more eldar

eldar?

Like this thing.

40k, Space Elves.

Maybe he misspelled eldar for elves

Soon