Isekai

Why would inhabitants of another world kidnap children from our world?

They need children to drive the industry of their world after the used up all of theirs.
Only through educational song that implore children to LOOK can they be defeated.

They need niche jobs filled that only people of small stature could. On the home planet there are few, and human children are perfect size. In order to keep them under control they then effectively stop them from aging so they forever have the mental capacity of an x year old with undeveloped muscle.

Because humans are delicious.

Interdimensional ottomans raise children from other worlds to work in their interdimensional bureacracy, managing local governance on particular worlds where their origins make them impartial middle men in managing regional arguments.

Also: Chimney sweeps.

Their realm runs on sexual energy, and by their logic if they kidnap the offspring the adults will be forced to crank out more.

The gods are bored douche bags who think it would be funny to see what happens.

I don't think kids have a lot of meat.

I can tell you're not a gourmet.

If people from one fantasy world get transported to a different, completely unrelated fantasy world, is it still isekai?

I'm more of a gourmand.

Reverse Isekai is a thing. See The Devil is a Part-Timer, re:Creators and the marebito from Kamigakari.

>implying steaks and not organs
>gourmand

It shows.
t. Reptilian

I'm not talking a fantasy creature to the real world, I'm talking strictly fantasy to fantasy.

Like, if a Shadowrunner somehow ended up in the Forgotten Realms or whatever.

God damn it that was a good show.

I'm pretty sure it's still isekai. I think I've seen a few examples of that, but it's more common to crappy Chinese web novels than crappy Japanese light novels.

I'd actually say it was kind of a crappy show elevated to good by production quality and writing.

Look back at some of the stuff they pulled straight-faced and you might end up laughing out loud. Still, you gave a shit about some of the characters and you genuinely wanted to see where it was going.

The fucking fairies did it

so, i always had an idea for a fey-realm. everything is based on the number 7. flowers have petals in the multiple of 7, tree leaves have 7 points, gemstones are septa-hedral, etc. The fey do not reproduce naturally. the original fey were lost demons and, over time, lost most of their evil nature due mainly to the peace of the realm they ended up in. They did, however, realize that they could kidnap children from villages that existed next to natural portals. they would basically torture these kids and harnessed the nature of the realm to split them into 7 forms based loosely on the 7 sins. this allowed them to populate the realm with higher-beings, but they also suffer from not being able to reproduce. basically, all of the major types of fey end up in one of these 7 categories. Nymphs are of lust, leprachauns are of greed, etc. While not necessarially evil, they are the "natural" personification of the sin.

>adventure hook is to stop a family's child from being turned into fey.

I think he meant quantity.

It suffered from the same problem The X Files did, in that after a bunch of interesting stand-alone episodes loosely connected by a couple of potential ongoing plotlines, they chose the most boring possible plotline to make the main one and then never again deviated from it. What I wouldn't have given for the rest of the show to be as good as its first season.

The prophecy states that only a 'Child of Earth' may defeat the Great Evil

Where do you want them to kidnap children from? From their own world? Please.

Because they want best girl.

Exotic slaves are the most valuable slaves, and what's more exotic than someone from an entirely different universe?

Sex.

Plenty of tasty cartilage, and babyfat.