Ideas

hello Veeky Forums. i'm making a roleplay thing set in a Post-Nuclear Texas and Louisiana. and i need ideas.
here's some ideas i've come up with so far
>Dallas was nuked to kingdom come and is the source of (most) of the ambient radiation across Texas.
>Piano/Plano is a town for Mutants.
>El Paso was Renamed Elpas and Avoided Nuclear Destruction. but fell to chaos and anarchy.
>the nukes fell in 2024
>the apocalypse is refered to as "The Great Mistake"
got ideas, Veeky Forums?
Pic Unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

texasalmanac.com/topics/environment/wildlife
youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4thFauwxY
youtube.com/watch?v=VKgQj9b0b2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

texasalmanac.com/topics/environment/wildlife

Seems like Texas has more than it's fair share of interesting wild life.

With the absence of humanity I bet they can take over alot of territory in but one generation (assuming they can survive the low radiation outside the urban areas).

I bet coyotes aren't too picky to eat human meat if on offer.

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4thFauwxY
and
youtube.com/watch?v=VKgQj9b0b2w

Because what's a wasteland without giant insects?!

Also also:
What style are we going with?
Cause you can have Mutant Frogboys (that's cowboys but with giant bullfrogs), if we're taking alot of liberty.

>what style
what do you mean?

Like in the movies.
Rednecks and shenanigans
Swamp folks and mystery
Full on western
Something else entirely

Like that.

a bit of all of those
but mostly western

So were gonna need Indians (preferably with actual mystical mutant powers), whores (who are of course animal girls from the local government genetic research facility),
And merchants (who may or may not have a connection to aliens who are may or may not considering whether to abandon-us/destroy-us-and-take-the-planet/offer-aid)

i'm going to do the whores part but they wont be animal girls they'll be regular humans
indians might have superpowers
and merchants are gonna be a thing but probably not ayy lmaos

You don't like ayy lmaos?

Winds coming off the gulf whipping up fallout dust and spreading it across the land. Maybe have the oil fields survive but they're controlled by rival mad Max style car and biker gangs that use their better mobility to raid surviving settlments

Perhaps the offshore rigs are falling apart in the distance, and some seaside settlements are trying to got boats out there to take those rare and valuable resources before they're lost to the radioactive waves. Perhaps their man or wind powered boats aren't able to get out that far they lack fuel to use more advanced shops. Or perhaps that they're rusted from disuse and need to be seriously repaired.

Further inland, the ranch owners were killed in the chaos, and now there's new robber barons vying for control on horseback. Rails and trains might have been dismantled/picked apart due to steel of that grade being extremely rare and valuable. The Texas grid has fallen into disrepair which could present a long term goal for enterprising parties

Nuke San Antonio or Houston.

San Antonio is "Air Force City, USA" for reason. Houston is the center for fuel refining for the US.

Dallas is big and populated but strategically useless.

As a side note, nuke Abilene too. Dyess is where the bombers fly out of. Take out Del Rio and you hit pilot training as well.

Do you know Texas? One thing about it, it has every type of geography except permanent snow capped mountains.

Vast desert, vast swamp land, vast plains, vast aried tangle brush forests. In a post apocalyptic setting one thing that would break down are all the levees and dams. There are no natural lakes in Texas (except a swamp near Brownsville) and so those would likely return to being rivers and extremely dangerous flood basins

Up in the panhandle there are a lot of stoopid people in a town called Dumas. It’s so bad when they made the town name they forgot the B and the second S.

It’s does however have the best Taco Bell in the panhandle. If you want some fun, send them to the red lantern inn. You byob and pay them to pour it for you.

Texas has one of the richest collection of birds in the world.

Primarily because Texas is a major path for bird migrations.

Historically the area between Texas and Liousianna is the most racist place in the country. Atrocities that would have been called war crimes.

"Bloody" Vidor, TX is the worst. I'd include that sort of dangerous racist shit especially in that region.

Preacher Comics always made it seem like all the worst shit in Texas leaked in from Louisiana.

Since we're on Louisiana, New Orleans is damn fun. Hope that doesnt change in your RPG

Conservative politicians flee to Juarez and enslave Mexican locals. They live like kings on plantations selling anti-radiation drugs mixed with meth.

You might want to look at Gamma World or Deadlands Hell on Earth for some inspiration.

Also nuke Waco
Because fuck Waco
The only good thing anybody in Waco ever did was invent Dr Pepper

OP here.
these are all good ideas
and no. i'm not nuking Waco unless there's like millitary bases there or something that need to be nuked

Ok just burn it down instead

why does it need to be destroyed at all. user?