Cthulhu shot biggie

Ok I'm writing a Call of Cthulhu campaign that takes place in New York in the late 1990s. Each borough has its own theme with Brooklyn being Hip-hop/rap.

My idea for a quest is basically the Hip-hop industry is a front for gathering sexual energy by Tsathoggua as well as instigating the east coast/west coast beef, Biggie was fed up and conspiring with 2Pac to out him. Soon they were both murdered by Tsathoggua.

Is this a good idea for a campaign or am i just being retarded

I unironically think this is a great idea.

Good campaign idea? No. This is a GREAT campaign idea.

"WTF, D&D" ran this with Kurt Cobain, Easy-E and Lisa Lopes from TLC. (as usual, if an idea is good it's been done before)

Just by virtue of juxtaposing Lovecraft with 90's nostalgia this is a stellar idea if you're planning a fun, non-serious game but if that isn't the case I'd avoid it.

I unironically think this is a great idea.

I knew a little bit about the WTF, D&D thing but have deliberately not looked at it. Im planning it to be kind of serious since there are things in the 1990s which i do find just terrifying. Think of stuff like "labyrinth" or "Secret of NIMH" for the tone. Its scary but works out in the end.

>Im planning it to be kind of serious since there are things in the 1990s which i do find just terrifying.
You could totally do a serious Call of Cthulhu campaign set in the 90s, and you could even have it follow the rap industry, but if that was the plan I would personally avoid including real pop culture figures. "Cthulhu killed Tupac" is inherently funny no matter how you spin it and it kind of undermines your tone if you aren't trying to make things more tongue-in-cheek.

>Lovecraft in NYC
>not basing it on Horror at Red Hook

That would be a bit predictable wouldn't it?

This is an excellent idea, please let us know how it went.

Writefag needed over here, a decent one would be preferable, otherwise I'd do it

nigger sympathizers will be the first to go

Yes user, I also dont like shub-niggurath

Buddy if you're planning on axing everybody into classic 90's gangsta rap then you're gonna make white folks the minority, because that's just about every suburban white kid from the 80's and 90's.

This is actually amazing.

>Them whiteys that just moved in the apartment next door look weird
>Like, y'know how dope fiends look? Kinda like that, but there's something fishy 'bout them that I can't quite tell
>And they're an entire family that all look like dope fiends. Did they feed their kids crack or something?
>They came from this hood called Innsmouth or something

Yes.

Fucking do it. No balls, you won't!

First post best post. Make sure all your players are either heavily involved in the 90s rap scene or completely alien to it. No compromise, no middle ground. I love this idea so fucking much.

Underrated post.

Imagine taking a trip out to Shaolin to get mystical advice from the Wu.

Also, make sure the great New York radio DJs from the era are a big part of the game.

This is a great idea, OP.

>otherworldly horrors appear
>shiiiet