Are you going to watch /ourguy/'s new anime?

Are you going to watch /ourguy/'s new anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

ga.sbcr.jp/sp/goblin_slayer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ga.sbcr.jp/sp/goblin_slayer/

Yes. I'm going to make gifs of every single memorable moment in the series and use it for reactions on Veeky Forums.
Not because i like it to any special degree, but specifically because there are anons who hate it to such and extreme one.
It'll be like Kobayashi's Dragon Maid all over again, complete with Stat Me threads.

I know you're right, and I already hate it.

Fuck yeah I will.

Why does this manga generate such butthurt?

Meh.

I got my comfy fairies anime and Dungeon Meshi is probably gonna be announced within a year or so, so there's already good stuff for me to watch.

It's dumb.
It's popular.

It's the Pathfinder of mangas.

Just as with many, many, many things, it's not the manga itself that's hated, it's the obnoxious fanwank and faggotry hypefest around it that is. The subject only gets flak by association with its rabid fanboys.

>complete with Stat Me threads
Excellent

Because half of us see it as a clever comedy, while others take it seriously, while still others see it as a failed attempt at being clever.
The premise is that the world generally runs on Final Fantasy logic. Complete with sexy anime babes.
Goblin Slayer, however, runs on Dark Souls logic.
Since the two coexist, there's bound to be some conflict, which happens to be that Goblin Slayer can break the "rules" of Final Fantasy Logic by being an Action-RPG character. Thus he's more gritty, yet also more dynamic and innovative.
Then there's just this ridiculous amount of Edge, and the 5e character sheet makes a cameo appearance, and I'm also pretty sure GS is a parody of the autist's Ranger character from the Mangaka's 5e campaign.

No.
I will DL the BD's because they'll uncensor the rape scenes, but even then they'll just upload it on that ecchi streaming site that takes anime ecchi and compiles it for fapping purposes.

>Dungeon Meshi is probably gonna be announced within a year or so
Quit playing games with my heart, user.

does it still got all the rape?
thats like 70% why i read it

I don't see why not. It's popular, it got several awards, it combines two popular themes...
Also, I forgot that another mango I love is getting anime too.

Didn't a studio purchase the rights to it a while back?

>autism
>fantasy
>babes

what's not to like?

But we already have superior autistic MC.

no, goblin slayer is trash and should have been aborted

Wh-What about 'excuse me, goblin slayer' threads?

>those terribly designed swords
>4 pointless dirks
>that ceremonial african throwing clusterfuck
>spare helmet as exactly poorly designed as his first one which he KNOWS is poorly designed he's just too poor and autistic to replace it
>eggs

Are you kidding? With all the gratuitous rape and violence against overly sexualized women tumblr, kotaku, polygon, and all those other hyper-SJW pandering clickbait websites are going to be having a fucking shitfit over this show! It's going to be amazing!

This, the series doesn't know what tone it wants. It wants to be berserk, but it also wants cute waifu's. Waifu's who are all traumatized by RAPE. rape they recieved when daring to challenge goblins incorrectly after being assigned their job as a wood level adventurer by THE ADVENTURERS GUILD as a total beginners adventure.

it doesn't know what kind of logic it wants to run on, and it could be a great comedy except for THE SUPREME EDGE

>>eggs
They're important.

Girls who he saved from the goblins must eat all of them.

The logic is two gods are playing a game and one wants it to be grimdark while the other wants a typical anime so it ends up having parts of both.

"Not knowing what tone it wants" is completely deliberate. It knows exactly what tone it wants, it wants a gross disharmony between two completely different tones while jerking the reader back and forth between the two.

is this actually stated in the LN? Like there's overgods fucking with everyone ala Rance?

subverting tropes and expectations for it's own sake is shit tho, that's how ASOIAF is written and look at the clusterfuck that's turned into.

It just makes it look incompetent in my opinion and too grim to be a proper farce, if GS failed more it might work a bit better for me.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Yeah, ones called fantasy and I forget what the other one is called but I think its logic or reason or some shit. The reason goblins keep fucking shit up so hard despite being tiny goblins is basically because the grimdark guy is buffing them to make fantasy mad when her characters keep getting fucked up. In turn fantasy keeps shitting up the game by bringing in more typical anime shit, like I'm fairly sure in the LN the hero who defeats the demon king is actually a Japanese school girl who was transported from her world to the game world. This never really comes up because Goblin Slayer only cares about killing goblins. His goblin autism is in fact so strong that he can disregard the dice rolls of the gods when fighting goblins.

Say what you want about the LN, but it's pretty obvious that the manga artist's just an unironic edgelord who like anime tiddies, and that's all there is to it.
Just look at his F/GO manga in the latest TM Ace. He took a rather tongue-in-check event about a tryhard edgelord and an autistic nurse and added some good old rape.
They're just a horny nerd who's played too much Dark Souls.

So there's a metaplot?

I haven't read the LN because I dont read moon runes but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come up much. The gods are definitely playing a game with dice and everything but I'm not sure if anyone knows that and even if they did Goblin Slayer doesnt care because its not about goblins.

>This, the series doesn't know what tone it wants.
This. It's trying so hard to be a subversion of a generic JRPG fantasy setting, but falls apart at the halfway point leaving behind a confused mess. The end result is the everyone seems like complete morons, because they can't react reasonably to what's happing or the setting would fall apart.

I understand there's supposed to be some grand justification for it, but it's still really frustrating.

People DO realize the entire shtick of goblin slayer, right?

it's a DnD game (hence the guild contracts being 5e sheets) and goblin slayer is some plebs character who's only character development is "hates goblins" but they decide to roll with it and end up making a great campaign anyways.
it's literally a bad game turned good story turned into an anime.

>Goblin slayer is somebody who doesn't know how to roleplay's PC

how did I not realize this until now

I dont know man he seems pretty in character.

Doesn't know how to write a character but roleplays it well anyways*

whoever goblin slayers player is, he's a trooper, would DM for any time.

>It'll be like Kobayashi's Dragon Maid all over again, complete with Stat Me threads.
naw, the threads will probably end up like this

That manga is trash and so are you

I'm pretty sure we even had Cultisch-chan edit of that one katana-beats-sword scene

More like
>Player realized how shit DM's setting is
>Snacks at his house are good tho

And it's shit

It comes up from time to time in interludes where we see either some tidbits from gods or about the Main Heroine that battles demons and other monsters while Goblin Slayers is doing his thing.

Like that time a dark elf is using goblins to attack the town and GS with his group are trying to kill him - heroine during this time fights hecatoncheires. Also when MH and GS accidentally meet in the forest she steps on one of his traps before he could warn her and his trap fails - it just doesn't work.

It's more like a D&D campaign but every time GS or goblins are involved DM gets out GURPS with all the combat supplements and smiles as a maniac.

This. Just watching all the butthurt will be the most entertaining part of the show.

None of that makes it good.

watching goblins get brutalized could potentially be good, but they'll probably cheap out on the animation

I mean, it's a pretty terrible manga, but I'm not irrationally angry about it or anything, the show will probably be a goldmine for memes.

More like
>they play old-school D&D with an old-school GM
>All the players make Beginner's JRPG characters.
>All except that one guy who has played with that DM before. He makes a regular old-school D&D character
>GM gives them a basic quest and tells them to wait for the regular to join because they clearly have no idea what they're doing
>they get party wiped by a low-level dungeon because it's old-school D&D they're playing

is oldschool DnD that lethal ?
because i find that level one adventurer with the 5e die fucking easily

>tfw nearly getting killed by wolves outside a tavern at level 1
>tfw getting ambushed by troglodytes, cave crabs by the water and a gelatinous cube at level 2
Actually a little surprised no ones died yet.

Laius is best girl

>you have somewhere between 1d4 and 1d10 hitpoints (+ Constitution modifier of +/- 4 ) maximum
>common low-level monsters do somewhere between 1d4 and 1d10 damage (and either full damage or double damage on crits)
>you die at 0 HP
I'd imagine you can do the math.

"Quick! I need a turn to throw this fireball! Stand in front of - oh, we're all dead. Never mind."
"lol why you using sticks on ropes ahead of you - wait, why am I dead?"
"I've got an idea! All we need to do is dig our way in and why are we balls deep in angry elementals?"

This. Maybe people will stop making so damn many "muh thicc gobbo" threads.

You talk like wanting to eviscerate something and wanting to put your dick inside of it are mutually exclusive concepts. In either order.

I'm going to watch it just for the rape scenes.

>are you going to watch anime?

No

This sounds pretty cool imo

I like both types of manga so thats fine by me

Maybe. I enjoyed the manga. The edge reminds me of my Record of Lodoss War sessions.

Because it’s everything everyone hates about weeb shit in a single manga.

It’s also garbage artwork. Like, Kights if Sidonia is terrible but Tsutomu Nihei‘s art is incredible.

For the same reason something like rick and morty generates butthurt; the fans are obnoxious shitheads

Goblin slayer is explicitly the DMPC. The party got nearly wiped and got a bunch of new random rare races joining as they are led around by the nose following the DMPC solve every problem by knowing what was going to happen next.

>Golden Kamuy getting animated
Oh shit, when?

I will, but only because of Goblin Slayer autism.

oh god why is it getting adapted
what's with shitty edgy manga getting adaptations recently

Not really. He actually regularly wrecks the DM's dungeons to the point where the other players need to explicitly deny him the use of various tactics and force him to actually explore the dungeons.

It started out as a fairly popular parody/anti-fic Web Novel that was then picked up and published as a Light Novel. The Light Novels got a manga adaption and are now getting an anime.

>recently

Being an unenjoyable mess does on purpose does not stop it from being an unenjoyable mess

this shit and made in abyss

old school D&D is deadly because you're not supposed to be fighting all the time. you need to play smart and try to negotiate with dungeon denizens to the best of your ability. otherwise, set up some kind of trap or bullshit to crush them and avoid direct hand to hand combat.

>Implying they won't use it as a cover or hijack to post "muh thicc gobbo"
I wish I had your optimism, all that will happen is a shitstorm of memes thrown back and forth by both sides. It will only get worse from here my friend.

My >recently is more towards the fact that edgy, violent shit has always had a market in chinese cartoons. It's arguably what helped them first make a splash overseas.

>he doesn't know about Fergus
This isn't the mangaka's fault.

Oh man I can't wait. I love this dude. I'm looking forward to the assblasted Gobfags.

Probably because you are retarded. They pretty much stated that in the damn manga.

Sucks to be Fergus

Please confirm. I might finally get my wife to see it if it's animated.

Yes. I love autistic protagonists

How did Polygon react to Dragon Maids?

ASoIaF was written as an honest subversion for the first three books before it became the generic fantasy wankfest the other books turned into.

There are so many things wrong with this math, but the conclusion is correct.

Yes.

Sure

It's impossible for it to be worse than hero academia anyways.

when?
also the will take away the gore and rapes.
It will be boring.

>anime about an obsessive murderhobo
Sounds good

jseus christ his weapons are all so blocky and shitty.

pointless dirks

His weapons are cheap and break. The entire premise is he's this edgy action hero-esque improviser who is prepared for things like tunnels restricting movement or getting hit from behind in the head unlike regular fantasy protags.

Probably.

I find everything amusing enough

I think the eggs are blinding powder or something. it's that ninja trick with the hollowed out eggshell

>he doesn't make goblins the most dangerous foes in his games

What kinda faggot are you? Goblins are explicitly vicious conniving little fuckers

As long as Re:Monster never gets an anime.

Why is cowtit cowgirl the poster heroine?

REMINDER: Big Tit priest enjoyed goblin cock to a point she is now unable to face them without MAJOR SPLOOSH.

I agree.
Cuz she is MC girl and rly kinda one thing that keeps him from worshiping dark gods of hate and murder.