Imperial Guard Regiment creation thread

Let's make a regiment of Imperial Guard

>Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Been a while since I’ve been part of these kinds of threads

Ok. It looks like we are a Planetary Defense Force. Let's show those guardsmen that we are their equal!

>Recruitment Criteria d100

Rolled 74 (1d100)

Looks like we recruit from Gangers. But how do we recruit them?

>Nature of Recruitment 1d10

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Let's hope this works, I haven't tried using the built in rolling on this Eritrean cat's milk connoisseuring board before

Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited from all levels of society.

So I guess we just fill our ranks with gangers. Maybe prisons are bootcamps on our homeworld?

>Home World d100

Rolled 75 (1d100)

Maybe our homeworld is one giant Detroit where everyone is a ganger, and the IG shows up every year or so to round up a bunch of men in exchange for not virus bombing the place?

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Anything but hive world gangers. Let it be something interesting

Civilized World: Soft as clay before the firing of the kiln; war is their crucible

I am imagining a world developed much like our modern day earth but with Imperial tech

>Home World Predominant Terrain d100

Rolled 81 (1d100)

Probably not tough gangers to be from a civilized world.

Dead World: Able to make full use of the technology required to survive in such places.

Ok, we can make something of this

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

Rolled 17 (1d100)

Civilized but dead seems interesting. Maybe its a planetary ghost town?

>shrine world gangers
ayo hol up, this muthafukka be disrespecting the Emprah, I gon execute his heretical ass knowamsayin

Infantry Regiment

Sounds logical, give the PDF gangers basic training and call it a day

>Specialization (d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

How did our planet come to be dead? Was it XENOS?

Close Combat

This sounds better and better for each roll we make!

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Rolled 5 (1d10)

>close combat infantry gangers
Known for holding their lasguns sideways, this terrifying regiment is known for its ruthless urban warfare, fearing only the legendary', mysterious menace of so-called 'gentrification'
Rolling for loyalty

I like the idea of actually soft guys who pretend to be tough being drafted to the ig.

Adherent: Hold fast to the Creed and His will.

Nothing special about this

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 71 (1d100)

It does add a specifically religious bent to them though, which we could definitely use.

Special Vehicle

More stuff to make things out of

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 42 (1d100)

For the Emperor: Fervent belief in the Imperial cult and the righteous mission of the Imperium fuels this regiment.

>Regiment Friends (d100)

so long as you go maximum heavy infantry with meltagunner everything and autocannons forever mechanised forces. it's all groovy.

I'm fucking sick of every fucking guard depiction, even where they're the 'heroes' of the piece, being about light fucking infantry 'idiots with a cardboard jacket and a torch'

lets have a kasrkin assault force or its equivalent. full carapace for everyone.

>Special Vehicle

Rolled 56 (1d100)

I'm so down for dead world religious guard riding around in low riders.

It has a bumper sticker that says "The Emperor is my nigga".

Ecclesiarchy

>Enemies (d100)

>An Imperial world with Ray Gun Gothic aesthetic

Rolled 77 (1d100)

I-is this Fallout: Imperium? I really want a ray gun gothic guard regiment.

Daemon Prince/Daemon/other specific disciple of Chaos

That's the entire table folks. Now let's fluff this cool regiment out

Can you list the official choices as it’s hard to keep track in this thread.

Can someone please explain these threads to me? Everything is determined by dice rolling right? So what's the point of having a thread for it when other dice rolling engines exist and nobody can really give feedback since the Dice are determining things?

Civilized Death World suggests a previously decent Imperial world that has since suffered a giant WMD catastrophe, much like 's Fallout: Imperium.
Maybe the catastrophe could be an Inquisition Exterminatus after a Chaos incursion on the world? Gangers are the remains of the previously respectable middle class world, which retained its faith in the Imperial Cult in crude, fetishistic fashion as they regressed into gangster barbarism.

Sure:

>Planetary Defense Force
>recruit from Gangers
>Standard conscription
>Civilized World
>Dead World
>Infantry Regiment
>Close Combat
>Adherent: Hold fast to the Creed and His will.
>Special Vehicle
>For the Emperor
>Ecclesiarchy
>Daemon Prince/Daemon/other specific disciple of Chaos

Well, it makes it collaborative, and beyond that the rolls just give basic information. It's up to us to actually fluff it out and make it into something. The dice determine the basic rules information and the rest is left up to us to figure it out and make it fun. It's fun!

Sometimes we get a nice little regiment or chapter that we enjoy, other times we end up with something big enough that it gets art and writing and remembered afterwards. Either way, it's a little bit of structure to fluffing out a guard regiment, and makes it a community effort that can bring in some cool ideas.

guys

guys

What if the cars' promethium-infused hydraulics give it a jump attack

Maybe the reason it's a shrine world is because after some powerful deamon fucked it up, some saint killed it, and the regiment draws from the people that have been sent to resettle it

It's not a shrine world though

Between the exterminatus and the particular Daemon Prince, I'm getting really big 1950's preacher vibes from this whole thing. Maybe the exterminatus was caused by the Daemon Prince and now afterwards the gangers under the leadership of surviving priests and their own strange variant of the imperial cult have canonized that Daemon as the adversary role in their mythology.
Perhaps the Daemon in question still tries to destroy the regiment as well periodically. I figure the Exterminatus wasn't an optimal outcome for it, and ended up ruining a lot of it's plans.

Well now I feel dumb

This sounds both stupid and awesome, let's roll with it

I would honestly talking prefer if it was vraks style civil war as demons are simply out of the league of imperial guard.

They have to put chainsword treads on the underside of the cars, so they can shred what they land on.

>1950s preacher vibe
Wew, can we make this into the Scientology regiment?
They believe a bunch of really out there shit but the Imperium tolerates their mild heresy because they all have a hard-on for killing this one powerful daemon.

Also I would quite liberally interpret the close combat thing. Maybe the regiment is used to fights in urban/bunker setting and uses exclusively shotguns/smgs?

Come think of it, what if it’s a death world where the inhabitants are forced to live in bunkers and the pdf fights the nasty things that try to get in from underground? Like tunnel clearance.

Yeah, I was thinking of it more as a manipulator-style Daemon. Like the Daemon was the driving force behind the civil war, pitting both sides against each other until some saint (perhaps the founder of the gang's precursors?) managed to expose it, but not before the whole situation escalated to the point where an exterminatus or at least massive orbital bombardment was called. I want to say that it pretty much dissolved into a clusterfuck, and now however many generations down the line that particular Daemon is the Big Bad as far as these dudes are concerned. Sure the Emperor is infinite in his divine might, but he's also far away and dealing with other stuff, and this guy is the local Adversary.

I think a human cult leader is better because of all that humans aren’t allowed to see demons and shit jazz. Maybe the planet could be a death world because of extensive ABC weapon usage?

Yeah definitely. I think that because of the post-WMD-shitshow that is the planet, a lot of the acutal history and knowledge of what happened is super fractured. People know that there was a Daemon, but they don't know it was actually real, they think it's part of the myth behind it and attribute its actions to a historical figure that was either one of its pawns or one of its disguises. They've written a historical canon around stories and half-remembered myths they've managed to pull from the wreckage, and it shows.

I picture a lot of their history reading like scripture, talking about saintly miracles and shit. It's borderline heresy, but none of it is actually properly heretical, just really wonky and weird, to the point where it kind of confuses the more mainline Imperium as to what parts of it are fabricated explanations for historical events and which are the actual evidence of Daemonic interference or genuine miracles.

The planet used to be a near ecumenopolis everything that could be farmed or have an LA/Dallas style city built on it was. Then Papa Nurgle noticed how clean they kept everything, and how good they were at public hygiene and OOPS here's a Daemon come to spread some plague! Demon eventually gets driven off but by the time it's done there's maybe one survivor in 10,000.

There are Civilized areas, heavily walled off and guarded fortresses built out of the cores of the greatest of old cities. There's everywhere else, vast urban decay and decadent farmland littered with the remnants of the war where the gangers roam.

As the faithful were afforded some protection from the daemonic plague, the survivors tended towards the religious, and this continues, among city and ganger alike. (Though the Sanguina Maria iconography has been looked at skeptically by the ecclesiastarchy)

There's still enough pockets of plague and other Chaotic influences hiding in the dead cities that it hadn't been cleared for resettlement. And enough of civilization remained (the pre-plague population was in the trillions) that all the skills weren't lost.

The fact that gangers are spending all their time in these ruins is why they're so good at close combat, their entire life is one long MOUT. The conscription system is basically the civilized areas provide the leaders of the gangs with spare parts and fuel, if the leaders of the gangers press a suitable number of candidates into service.

Generally the gangers aren't pressing their own though. The constant raiding back and forth is, to the cities a positive side effect. It causes some discipline problems when they're first enlisted, but nothing a good Commisar can't fix.

I like that but how could it be incorporated to their gang nature? I don’t know the definitions of imperial gang, but maybe the factions of the planet could be ”gangs” in the sense of metro 2033 factions and each platoon is drawn from their own bunker. I could imagine there being fierce competition between the platoons, because of which platoons from nearby ”gangs” don’t tend to get deployed together.

I like that idea also, but maybe the recruitment should be so that imperial guard directly recruits from the gangs?

PS maybe not a nurgle demon but a plague of some sort that still infects the planet? Like a zombie virus and the gangs are used to clearing out the zombies that still remain?

With church allies I feel it would be a crime if we didn't dram some Italian mafia parallels with the gangers being highly organised and embedded into upper and lower society.

You could have both. They'll recruit and have conscripts. The reason I thought there'd have to be some deal going on was because of the abandoned ecumenopolis idea. There's going to be a lot of space to hide in, so direct conscription is probably not going to be effective.

"This is how business gets done here. You wanna send out draft cards? Knock on doors maybe? There's about a trillion doors out there. How do you like your odds?"

Zombies, cultists, humans who became willing carriers, Acolytes of Nurgle, all good. Maybe have it that the discovery of an acolyte is the only thing that can cause the gangers to make an automatic truce no matter what the circumstances.

I like this too, at the same time:

"Sir, the honorable citizens of the Imperium who manage these last bastions of order would have nothing to do with the lawless gangers. They are entirely legitimate and above board. The suggestion that they are part of any organized criminal enterprise is absurd, and slanderous. I will hear no more about this."

OFFICIALLY, the lawless gangers live outside the city.

I really like that. Although I’d imagine that the gangers rather find the guard rather than the other way around. Maybe use the guard as sort of a punishement for gangers who break the gang rules? Also I like the idea that they’re mostly deployed to chaos infested hellholes where they can use their expertise in tunnels/bunkers/urban warfare to root out heretics. I’d imagine them to use large numbers of special weapons like meltaguns and flamers for that purpose.

I still would like to discuss more about the style of the settlements. I personally don’t like the style of fallout shelters that are open to everybody, so I would prefer sewers and bunkers style settlements which one can only leave inside a vehicle of somesort. Hmmm brings in mind c&c and mad max. Also this would bring out interesting gangwar scenarious about who has access to water and air. Kind of like more ragtag krieg.

So Space Mexico?

I'm going to take a different approach.

The planet is an old mining colony. The people live in biodomes on the surface attached to a huge tunnel network.

The domes are nice places to live with strict rules. Minor infractions will get you exiled into the tunnels.

The upper tunnels are ruled by gangs and the lower tunnels are infested with demons.

Joining the PDF and fighting the demons is the only way to be allowed back into the domes.

Close combat inf would be ideal in tunnels and the special v gicle could let them bore through walls.

Did I forget anything

Gangers could be former space pirates. They could have making and selling narco sticks. An acolyte manipulated the drugs so the user became psychers and bam open a portal into hell.

This is there penitence. To fight and die for HIM.

I don’t like this idea.

Oh shit hold up this doesn't like the thing, I'm very concerned

Since its civilized and dead, does that mean people live in isolated bubble cities? With each city being like a judge dredd city

WE WUZ SAINTS AN SHIT

>Like a zombie virus
What are Poxwalkers

Friendly reminder that this "word search" is in fact a brainwashing device devised by the foul traitor legions

You seem like a dim witted guardsman, maybe the ogryn one might be easier for you. Don't try to peek at your comrades sheets now.

Quite frankly, I would be astounded if even the most brilliant of Bon'eads were able to solve that conundrum

aww cmon dont hate on the ogryns
after all, blessed is the mind too small for heresy

> special vehicle.
We need either long distance support, cause we're close combat, or close support for the same reason.

Our regiment makes extensive use of environmentally sealed chimeras with multi meltas. Effective at defending against demonic
plagues, destroys plague carriers and the structures they hide. For places or vehicles cannot go we enter on foot with chainsword, frag grenade and las pistol, to ensure the enemy cannot escape our grip.

I would personally prefer a wheeled hellhound for madmax vibes.

A sentinel with a chainsaw arm

*Armored sentinel

Gotta have that sealed environment