mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's MathHammerburger Helper:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous thread

1st for 2002 points in a 2000 points game.

40k is fun!

Do someone know in which codex this situation was?
>Ship receives SOS signal and warp travel to check it
>after it arrives to the source of this signal crew discover that it was them who send this (warp time travel)

>does that guy have a power sword?
>yeah
>well if you take it out that means you have 1996 pts which makes the game even!
>how many points does your army have?
>2000 but who cares about a few points of difference dude just roll for deployment

>repost

It's all about taking the right attitude to it. Trying to send obsec units out to score points, or plonk down otherwise units that are "good at holding objectives" to camp is a fools errand. What you need to do is strike hard, strike fast, strike unrelentingly and obsessively, then when you have control of the psychical space of the board and have sharply stripped down your opponent's options? You'll have complete control of the scenario.

Stygies is probably best pick there. Omnissiah's Hand is pretty useless given your Dominus will almost certainly get splattered be enemy melee before it does anything meaningful. Since you're going full shooty I'd give him Phosphoenix and Monitor Malevolus to turn him into a bit of a dakka machine and keep the Stratagems coming for a bit longer, since our units are addicted to the things.

However, they do 2/3 of the damage. Neutron Laser with Dominus reroll does 4.14 wounds to your average Russ/Predator/Whatever, quadlas predator with either a Lieutenant or Captain nearby does 6.04, and that's without adding CM rerolls, having both auras or how much better Killshot is than Dakka Doctrina in this situation. Costs 55 more points to get your standard "kill a tank a turn" from two laspreds rather than 3 Dunecrawlers.

Hell, if you add Killshot and both Reroll Ones auras each Predator will kill another Predator in one turn of fire, add a Chapter Master and it'll do 13 wounds to a Russ or 10.3 to a Dunecrawler. Las predators may be squishier, but they are HILARIOUSLY better at killing stuff.

Dakkadakka "Not a single point over!" Autists are the worst people in the entire community.

big celestine tits right in my face

Callidus tits >>>> celestine tits

>DANCE MAGIC DANCE

>Autistically screeching because they'll be a couple of points below their opponent (they assume)
>Solution is to be a couple points ahead
>This is what points limits are for
Just take out the power sword, my dudes.

You'll never see a pointsfag chip his list down to 1996pts because some dude has a highly elite army with fucky points costs, but you will see him complain when a list if a couple of points over.

I wonder why :^)

Post the oldest model you own.

This is question for the guys from the older threads. What's your problem with picture related winning the 40K bowl? He certainly earned it after 10K years of toil and blood.

Yes.

>I wonder why :^)

Because it's called a 'points limit' not a 'points minimum'.

Damn right!

I had this experience a couple of weeks ago. I was 2 points under playing against someone 3 or 4 points over. I said 'cool. You mind if I sub in a power sword to my death company?' 'WYSIWYG' (he wasn't) 'It's cool, I got a power sword DC right here'

He threw an absolute shit fit.

It's a points target. Ballpark and everyone without an ass stick will be fine.

>ws T8 3+
>Predator /w Twin Las and Las sponsons: 5.12 damage
>Defiler /w Twin Las and Battle Cannon: 1.15+1.94= 3.1 damage

Now, lets assume they have ExSorc buffing them with Prescience, his aura and Flickering Flames in case of Defiler. Same target, same weapons

>Predator: 7.54 damage
>Defiler: 1.8+3.85=5.65 damage

Pretty sizable increase, 50% for Predator and more for Defi, who actually does more than unbuffed Predator. especially against T7 targets. In addition, Sorcerer can also heal and guard tanks if needs be. Also, Defiler with same buffs and Daemonforge will do

>5.53+6.04=11.6 damage

More than tripling unbuffed damage. Absolutely brutal.

When there's some guy who is consistently 2 or 3 points over but never 2 or 3 points under, they're not ballparking it. They're trying to stuff as much good shit in as people will allow.

If I'm playing against someone and they're a couple points over, fine. If their next list is also a couple points, well I'll deal. Mine isn't, but that isn't going to decide the match. If it keeps going after that, I'll start to add power swords and shit to a perfectly balanced list. Not because I think it's going to matter. Because I'm sick of that shit.

Is it a viable list for 1000pts casual games? I want to get two DI boxes, sell a book and DG halves and have some fun on budget

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [57 PL, 1000pts]

HQ
Primaris Captain [6 PL, 95pts]: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Power sword
Primaris Lieutenant [5 PL, 74pts]: Power sword

Troops
3x Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Elites
Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Fast Attack
Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

Heavy Support
Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
4x Hellblaster
Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Predator [9 PL, 192pts]: Storm bolter, Twin lascannon, Two Lascannons

Notice the pointsfag grasping as straws trying to justify his autism

Whoops, forgot to include enemy armor into last equation

>3.7 5.22=9 damage

Yeah, that's more like it! Still, tripling Defy's damage is pretty good, although you'd have to spend a CP to have ExSorc know the spell.

>Pointsfag is the autist
>You can't just drop a couple points or you'll be unoptimized

Dark Eldar codex next.

He isn't an Imperial Guardsman therefore I can't relate to him so fuck marines, abadoobadoo and ADB.
Guardsmen best and forever!

Imperial Guardsmen?

So why won't you knock your points down to meet an opponent's if they have fucky points costs :^))))))))))

a) If it's easy for me, and my opponent is actually playing a fucky list I might, if he's not an autist
b) I wouldn't for you, because we're playing x000 points, not x000 points + a couple of points so you don't have to face the injustice of being under a couple of points.

yes

I hope hellions will be good finally. They're too cool of a model not to be good.

They're already decent in index.

>Want to buy from Forgeworld
>Dont want to as its "Expensive"
>Despite the fact I spend about 80-100 dollars, the price of the item I want next week on some Plastic GW kit
>Rinse and Repeat
HELP

>I wouldn't for you
Oh no

maybe make your lists better so you dont have wasted points

I have 104 points left over in a 1500pts BA list. Suggestions/thoughts?

Every argument you make about my list can be thrown right back at you, points autist.

Why limit yourself to 104pts why not 110?

tarantulas

Another Librarian probably

'Anyone want a 1506 pts game?'
'Nah, I only brought my 1006 and 1502 pts lists today.'

Primo bait my dude :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Won't your opponents so autistic that they won't par down their lists to 1396 points?

Gr8 b8 m8 8/8

I have a 1496 pt list. drop the power sword from your guy and I will play against you. WYSIWYG only tho.

>all this whining about a couple points
>they haven't discovered the greatness of power

36 points of fuck you!

We all agree that you are a dull cunt.

I do have some older ones but they are old preslotta minis that we are using in our DnD game so not in reach.

Out of curiosity, I did some PL/points checks. The conventional wisdom is that PL is based around some mythical middle ground, but it isn't. It's usually balanced quite high up.

For instance, a Death Company squad with jump packs and all thunder hammers comes out to an exact 1:20 ratio. DC squads with box loadouts are going to be less than 1:14.

Even if your dudes have few or no upgrades, and standard configurations, you're still at the mercy of wonky PL scaling. Sniper scouts go up to 1:27.5, although they probably still suck.

TL;DR go primaris or go home with PL.

>$100 for a unit of 3
>You need at least 6-9 for them to even have an impact
>happy merchant.jpg

>Playing 2000pts game vs friend
>Friends don't know my Army well enough to count points
>Accidentily just include an extra transport which is 100+ pts
>No one has noticed yet in 4 games

Why be that kind of faggot, to friends no less

I bet you still lose.

Because just because someone put in hard work doesn't deserve to win. Failbaddon fucked up for 10k years trying to do things other people did in a lot less. The fact that it's incompetent so he had to put in more hard work to compensate doesn't make him more qualified to win, the opposite.

Very nice, user! Your dudes look great.

Not defending this, but I'll never understand why drop pods are worth 85 points.

You're a retard.

>His drop pods only costs 85 points
sad invasion organism.jpr

>leviathan siege claw's special rule: "reroll failed wound rolls against infantry"
>doesn't get the rule that lets it reroll hit rolls of 1 for having 2 close combat weapons
>doesn't get the ironclad launchers rule for mortal wounds on the charge
Melee leviathan is fun a shit but why does a 300 point model need support just so its 4 attacks can actually hit? do they want everyone to just cheese it up with guns?

mad ptsfag is mad

Seems like it'd just be easier for you to play a list where you can satisfy your points autism and get perfect points totals instead of expecting everyone to cater to your arbitrary points limits.

I think reading comprehension isn't your strong point, Anonymous.

Aren't power swords 4 points? what

It's hard to follow along at home, but this guy is upset people won't bump points from their lists because his screwy faction makes it hard to get even points totals. And then calls everyone else points fags when they ask him to stay in the points limit and not drop shit from their armies.

>buy one
>recast it
Millenials are fucking retarded.

Reading comprehension really isn't your thing, buddy. Consider going back to school.

>Implying anyone not underage is bothering to recast it.

t. shill

Yeah thats a pretty solid core, especially if you went dark angels for plasma stratagem on the hellblasters and the free reroll 1s on your objective campers.

>Making an observation about the relative cost/balance of recasting
>shill
You do you, buddy. I don't care. But millennials are one of the people who do recasting.

I was under the assumption that millenials are not underage

I don't even know what a millennial is anymore. I've started to just translate it as 'younger than me'.

Why did gw nerf chaos spawns so hard?

>Failbaddon fucked up for 10k years trying to do things other people did in a lot less. The fact that it's incompetent so he had to put in more hard work to compensate doesn't make him more qualified to win, the opposite.

Nice headcanon you got there. Open the CSM codex and start reading please.

Chances are a good deal of them are older than you.

>you can get 9 models for less than 3 burger dollar per model with recasting
>it takes less than 10 minuts per model
user wut?

I just see people call pretty much any and everyone "millenial" that its lost its meaning

It's your fault if you can't build a list of exactly 1500 points.

Anyone who was born in mid 1980 up to 2000. If they were born post-2000 they're iGen or Gen Z.

Yeah, meleeviathan sucks, but that’s sorta always been the case. Even in HH gunning was better, but gun+melee was best. At least now all shooting versions are great, melta is the secret monster hiding among them. Literally can and has singelhandedly fried a baneblade.

Though all guns are great

Chaos spawn are pretty good? They're dangerous enough that fire has to be dedicated to them, tough enough that basic weapons have a hard time bringing them down, and cheap enough that it doesn't matter if they die.

>Literally can and has singelhandedly fried a baneblade
I never understood why Forgeworld make this shit. How the fuck can a small dreadnought-based melta weapon do the same damage as a fucking Titan weapon is beyond me.

Its pretty funny seeing the "damn kids" thing still exist today, since blaming the youth for everything and anything has been a staple of societies since like Greek Antiquity -at least-

That's Gen Y. The way I've heard it is anyone who grows up in the new millenium, that is ~1995-2005+.

Now I want someone to hold me and whisper in my ear that iGen isn't a thing.

Millenials are Gen Y, nigga.

Uh.. they only have a 5+ save and toughness 5. They're pretty frikin squishy.

Also why did they remove all the bonuses, like fearless and the bonus attacks. Also why is it so SLOW. Hell only bonus is that it got an extra wound so maybe it won't instantly liquidate when it gets bapped.

>40k is fun!
That's a controversial opinion around here

I want to paint them with a neutral scheme like black or very dark silver so I can swap between chapters freely I guess

When is the next codex revealed? I want it to be Tau.

NO BUY MORE BATTLETOMES

You're fucking retarded and I wish your book wasn't announced already

It's jealousy, it's just a standard reaction when people realise they're becoming older and the future doesn't belong to them anymore....it belongs to these juvenile 'others' with their weird "memes" and loud music.

Oh very nice, well theres a dark angel successor chapter called "guardians of the covenant" who wear silver/black armor so it works out for you either way

Well I wouldn’t exactly call it small friend. Back in HH it was made by the legions (iirc it was one of the things made by the Primarchs, Ferrus or pert or someone) as a mobile firebase, to test out how deadly dreadnoughts could be. They then took a dread, gave it some inserts and extra plating, then doubled the deadliness of its guns and sent it to breach literally anything

>They're dangerous enough that fire has to be dedicated to them
What are they dangerous to?