Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Duelists:_Ancient_Millennium
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Duelist_Pack:_Legend_Duelist_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, I don't play yugioh.

>thins your deck by a whole 1/4
>AND, pot-of-greeds after that
How is this not in the shadow realm list?

My guess is you run the risk of milling your tutor targets, since some of them might be 2 ofs or 1 ofs. It's still a great card though

Banishing essential engine pieces can cripple or ruin certain decks. Also if you use it more than once not only do you ruin your deck but youre at risk of decking out.

And the biggest reason to not run it is this little asshole

I banish one light and one dank monster from my graveyard in order to special summon CHAOS, EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END, in attack position!
Now, my dragon, wipe the field clean!

Yes, obviously I'm running Necroface.

Probably only if I have no alternative.
10 cards is way to much. I may end ruining my deck with that

Well I can't read those moon runes, but just to be safe...

10/10

>thins
I think it would be difficult to set up the top 10 cards to be stuff you want to avoid

I don't know, could gravekeepers or a generic fiend deck handle losing 10 cards?

Gravekeepers definitely wouldnt give a shit, but theyre better off with card of demise usually anyways.

Did someone say MST?

Because of how stupidly easy it is to FTKO with multiple copies

Why the fuck is Exodia in the Limited list?

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

no good reason actually, the best exodia build would still only run 1 copy.

Ghost Ash in response, you just banished a fourth of your deck and discarded a card.

Such a stupid fucking card

Seems useless unless you're running a Grave Control deck, which probably isn't that viable in YGO.

Ugly loli

you forgot combo decks

Duelling Nexus has a similar problem where you can't actually name a card, so any card that requires the naming of a card to continue freezes the game

Just use Percypro

I last played YGO during Nekroz meta and got bored. Is it any better now?

>Atk Blue
>Def Eyes

Also, is CED actually used now? I heard he got unbanned. Got a 1st edition of him from when he was first released.

He got his effect changed

he got errata'd to make him horrible and he's getting unbanned next banlist most likely, if hes printed in the kaiba set

That was the height of YGO honestly, everything after that has been a bunch of tier 0 formats and bad cards.

I think there were tons of good cards, the problem became summoning a dozen things a turn, everything having a graveyard effect and "targeting" becoming a feature not a bug

>people unironically play this piece of shit TCG

Tbf that video is using ancient rules, the literal point of the game was to play the duels from the anime. Pot of Greed is banned for example, the only 2 cards the AI actually played

You still play a cardgame designed by people that made pot of greed. Imagine being so fucking stupid you think that pot of greed is balanced for any second. Imagine youre playing a card game where both designer and any sort of quality assurance/playtesting lets pot of greed pass. How come nobody conntected the dots 40 card minimum deck size and having a card that not only thins the deck by drawing 1 more, but 2 more. They could at least try to keep it in and balanced by making it cost some lifepoints

Because it's literally one of the oldest cards in the game in a game that's 15+ years old, or are you going to pretend shit like the power 9 don't exist in other card games?

>by making it cost some lifepoints
Mate, I'll burn 7999 lp and a card on the fucking spot if it'll let me dig 2 deeper.

the absolute state of mtg tards

Pot of Greed was fine at the time. Special summoning was relatively rare, getting a decent monster on the field took at least 2 turns, spells and traps werent as agressive, they usually either messed with stats or reacted to summons and other spells and traps, and most importantly of all there were very few cards like Pot of Greed, so 3 in a deck wasn't a problem, but now you could literally make a deck out of cards that just draw more cards.

No, its mainly the issue of konami printing good staples as secrets and either buying your $80 ashes or losing.

The first meta in the game never used anything above four stars, decks were literally the strongest monsters they could normal summon and three-ofs of the strongest spells and traps in the game at that point, nothing would live past a turn and you basically tried to chip each other down via scratch damage, if a monster lived past a turn you basically won unless your opponent lucksacked like a motherfucker.

If you're playing in meat space you're an idiot. Just be content to enjoy the game online. The more people playing online, the less buying cards, the quicker Konami will go digital and the harder it will be for them to justify any specific price for individual cards.they'll likely prevent players trading cards for money too so you'll trade cards for cards. Failing that just play for free on unofficial sites.
You've got to face that theres some cards you'll just never get irl

When’s the new Ancient Gear deck Millenium whatever being sold

I'll just get the Legendary Collection Kaiba Ash reprints.

Also does it have all of the Extra deck monsters in it because I really need a new Chaos Ancient Gear Giant my old one is worn as fuck

You ben watching some Rank10?

It's not out until the 23rd. Here's the card list
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Duelists:_Ancient_Millennium

Rata is shit

I’ve had an Ancient Gear deck for a while now and I need to replace some cards, plus I could use some extra deck building stuff

I don’t see an actual roster of what cards are in it

>Rata is shit
Don't you dare talk shit about my waifu

Those things have always existed and what make the game unique and interesting.

I don’t see a card list

Ancient gear is so bad.
I wish they'd just go back and remove the "cannot be special summoned" shit from AGG.
Currently the only way to get him out without tributing is through AG Catapult which requires you to have no monsters on the field.

We should be getting the same stuff as the OCG
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Duelist_Pack:_Legend_Duelist_2

GX archetypes are just really bad in general. The best Ancient Gear support came from the Arc-V era.

Nothing there.

It's a shame because I really love the style of AG.

I think they’ve saved it. Denying opponents the ability to use effects on your monsters can be really strong

It isn’t there for me. Maybe it’s my browser.

Sorry, AG Frame and Spell Gear can also summon him, I meant "The only reasonably viable way".

Summoning many things on 1 turn was not a thing. One of the first jokes in YuGiOh Abridged plays off the fact that previously summoning several monsters in a turn was against the rules.
Graveyard effects were almost entirely limited to zombies, because oiginally a card was considered dead in the graveyard, thats why it's a graveyard. Every archetype these days has cards that activate from the grave, especially traps, it is wildly out of control.
And finally, yes wording issues have always been a problem, and they will continue to be. But since Konami made a distinction between cards that explicity say they "target" something in comparison to a card that does the same thing but doesnt say "target"- well it's just been downhill since. Logically there should be no difference, it's just an example of RAW being interpreted and setting a precedent with little thought for how it impacts the game. No That some cards specifically protect themselves from targeting while others protect themselves from any kind of destruction which is retarded. Oh and since we're talking about destruction, "destruction" is distinct from "sent to the graveyard" too. Theres numerous examples of weird wording resulting in a tangled mess of interactions that needs to be smoothed out sooner or later instead of pretending it was intentional, when we know it wasn't. An example of them recognising a mistake and fixing it was removing the difference between "banished" and "removed from play"

>summoning many things on turn 1 was not a thing.
Pendulum summoning

Yes, that is an example of a point at which the game took a turn for the worse

>what is Black Lotus

How? Pendulum Summoning has always been restricted to Pendulum decks, and only a few have ever been meta.

It was more indicative of priorities changing towards a far faster paced game involving a lot more special summoning

I recall Ultimate Offering, a Continuous Trap card that allowed you to conduct an additional normal summon for 500 LP. You could use it as many times per turn as you had LP and monsters to normal summon.
That was a well-balanced card.
It played well with the key limiter of Yugioh, it was slow, being a trap, and had a small, but non-negligible side cost to prevent you from going full-retard with it.

I believe it was in the very first sets of the game as well.

I hate using Card Trooper why do I keep putting him in decks

>That was a well-balanced card.
I hope this is sarcastic, I really, really do.

shes cute for an intended bad drawing

This a really cute card, gotta fire up pro one of these days and make a jank deck with it.

7 "Crystal Beast" monsters
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Ultimate Crystal God" monster, "Rainbow Dragon", or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" you control that is Level 10 (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your GY; this card gains ATK equal to the banished monster's ATK until the end of this turn. (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this Fusion Summoned card; shuffle all cards on the field into the Deck.

The new AG, Restrict and Chazz stuff also looks like fun jank to dick around with.

So Synchros?

Synchros were effectively fusion without Pulmerisation

So Gladiator Beasts?

Be a shame if I jhst destroyed if with an effect.

If you're playing ygo and get mad whenver your goose gets cooked you have no business playing it, and unlike your whiny ass I have years of experience playing janky trash against tryharding metababs who have no idea why their decks are meta.

Man, playing trading card games that aren't just based around a few dozen booster packs is sad.

What the fuck did they do to fusions? Do they all no longer require named materials?

Depends on the Fusion.

Made them actually usable.

Don't worry, there's plenty of nigh-impossible to summon jank out there.

"VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon" + "Armed Dragon LV7"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control and/or from your GY, after you have Special Summoned the above cards this Duel. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Your opponent cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with the same name as a banished card. Once per opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card from your Deck or Extra Deck; banish all cards your opponent controls and in their GY

Then there's also semi-easy to summon boys like this one.

3 "Ancient Gear" monsters
If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. If this card was Fusion Summoned using 2 or more "Ancient Gear Golem" and/or "Ancient Gear Golem - Ultimate Pound" as Fusion Materials, it can attack up to that number of times during each Battle Phase. If this face-up Fusion Summoned card in its owner's control leaves the field because of an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem" from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Or cute boys like this thing.

It gets summoned by this thing to make sure it eats something.

It doesn't have the destruction protection?

It's really cheap to make and a destruction protection won't really stop it from getting blown up, just abuse the fact that you can resummon it with whatever after it dies once, sitting on something is a bad idea in modern ygo.

There's a lot of Fusions that just need 1 specific material and 1 other card.

I really liked the whole Crowley theme, they were some pretty nice design.

Too bad the TCG changed the names.

I'm used to the TCG arbitrarily fucking with the names for cheap jokes or out of the fear of nonexistent soccer moms. God, fuck Tewart and Julia, people playing MtG might hate MaRo but MaRo is a fucking saint compared to those two fuckups.

>Implying Konami is that smart.
>Implying it won't be a SCR in the packs.
>Implying Konami will reprint it at all until the 2018 tins.

The packs are 6 Ultras and 4 Secrets

I just don't like how they removed all the references to Jewish mysticism from a lot of cards.

They basically murdered Shaddolls, Qliphorts and Infernoids' names in the translation.

I play a boi and get more bois