Urban fantasy setting

>urban fantasy setting
>all myths are true

>main setting is new orleans or some place in louisiana
>creole witchcraft/caribbean mythology is real

wish there was a game like this

Sounds cool to me, just the idea carries a lot of interesting metaphysical implications. It's always nice to leave options open, rather than just pick one mythology to be correct or to obsessively go through literally all human mythology to try and pick out a specific combination of parts to be 'true'.

The Secret World is the hypest shit and you can get out my face

If you’re going to have a fantasy setting with elves and dwarves, people will ask why do these two exist when gnomes and dragons are considered peasant fairy tales.

It’s fiction user, it could be and have anything.

"Even the lesser known cryptids and folklore" all myths?

Or "vaccines cause autism the world is flat the clintons are reptilian jew pedophiles" all myths?

>Or "vaccines cause autism the world is flat the clintons are reptilian jew pedophiles" all myths?

I'm interested in that timeline

>Not having some be true to the degree where the players aren't sure what is true and what isn't.
That shit is interesting.

The Dresden Files and The Secret World are hype as shit, get fucked you contrarian shitheel.

>dimensional portal hopping
>literally everything exists
All the settings is the same as no setting at all.

STFU with that post-modernist crap

That timeline is the current one

Very permissive, just make up whatever settings have often trouble establishing their own character. Of course that is irrelevant if you just want a lolrandom romp.

>He unironically thinks vaccines cause autism.
Maybe you're on to something. You must be the most vaccinated neckbeard in the thread.

>implying that we're being ruled by human beings
if only you knew how bad things really are

>lazy two line greentext thread
can you please castrate yourself?

I'm sure that the scary jewish lizard people are out to get you, but luckily you've armed yourself with knowledge from an anonymous random on a Cantonese butt-wiping bulletin board.

>all myths are reflective of a truth, no one of them complete in itself

Creepypastas are kind of modern myths. So, Slenderman, Wendego, Skinwalkers and the rake are all fair game then? That actually sounds kinda fun.

If we go by the 'belief has power angle'
I'd imagine they would be considered the annoying newcomers to the scene.

>guns don't kill people

It would be pretty hard to hide things like battles from the slavic folklore where heroes fight monsters for days or even weeks, causing a lot of collateral damage and making rivers run red with monster, and their own, blood.
Or those frigging flying witch-monster-whatever crossovers that make fighter jets flying over your head seem like the chirping of crickets (you could hear their approach at least a day in advance when they are in battle mode).

Why would you need to hide them?

All myths are true =/= all myths are accurate.

Unknown Armies?

Because "Urban" needs cities and it's pretty hard to have cities when a hero or a monster could level a whole city block (or at least a commieblock) with one swing. Basically each hero or powerful monster is an atomic bomb tier problem. The resulting setting would look nothing like what is normally ascribed to urban fantasy.

>clintons are reptilian jew pedophiles
>myth
pick one

I always wondered if this was an ironic thing and you guys just hate them, or if r/the_donald actually believes this.

hate, list of convenient "suicide by 2 bullets to the back of the head" and murder muggings with nothing stolen for assorted reporters and political staffers, the email leaks, the fact that their circle of closest supporters have artwork mimicking Dahmer's photos, receiving massive donations from the Saud royal family through their "totally a charity" organization, etc. the clintons are borderline cartoonishly evil, given an excellent facelift by the media corporations that lick their feet.

No, none of that shit, I mean them being jewish lizard people.

visit full/fringe/ if you want that explained

So the answer is yes, you believe that we are ruled by jewish lizards because some dude on eightchan told you.

>Not having a setting where every single conspiracy theory is correct
sucks to be you OP

>campfire setting
>all stories are true

ITT: OP has shit taste.f

>All those defenders of throwing everything into the kitchensink.
Just make a new setting. Not everything has to go in a single one.

There's a difference between all conspiracy theories that were in Deus Ex being true and all conspiracy theories being true in the Deus Ex universe.

A kitchensink can be good if it isn't too serious of a game.