Rabbitfolk Thread

do you think rabbitfolk make the best rogues

theres literally medieval art consisting on this

But why? What do those pictures have to do with the rest of the book?

>But why? What do those pictures have to do with the rest of the book?
Medieval monks drew lots of shit on the margins of the books they copied just for fun. The rabbits mugging knights and taking their shit is an artistic representation. Rabbits eating the monks' crops = no crops for monks to eat. Same reason there are giant slugs wrecking shit in other margins.

>nothing personal, man-thing

So what’s the neat thing you guys are drawn to Rabbitfolk about?

How easy would they be to use in a generic DND setting?

No, they make the best waifus.

Real rabbits are cute and soft. There's also been depictions of them in Redwall and things like that, but they aren't quite so common to have some strongly established type. They could be peaceful farmers, or posh tinkerers, or a number of other things.

Personally I'd just replace gnomes with them, or anything else. Gnomes just are in an awkward spot no matter how you slice it.

I like the 4e Gnomes for their goal of trying to get back to their home dimension. It’s a good way to send the PCs to some strange places. What similar service do the Rabbitfolk offer to the story?

No, but they make an acceptable stew!

They'd make better monks. Because monks are only good at running away.

I heard somewhere that rabbits fighting knights in manuscript illuminations was supposedly a rebuke against the sin of cowardice. After all, only a truly cowardly knight could be threatened by a rabbit.

I like their strong social nature, their swiftness despite being an "earthy" race, and the ease with which they can be used for heroic or villainous roles.

Rabbitfolk can be peaceful, good-hearted farmers ala halflings. Or, they could be blood magic/diabolism/necromancy-using would-be conquerors who will spend lives like currency to get what they want, ala the Shin'hare.

Nah. Rabbitfolk should look like this.

Anyone got that Starfinder homebrew for rabbit people that was in the last thread?

that looks more of a chimp not much rabbit to it

Dude looks so resigned at this point. Shit must happen on a regular basis.

Technically is a rabbit piranha hybrid.

>wererabbit
It doesn't even need those added sharp teeth, rodent style teeth are already vicious and would be terrifying if sized up

tbf, Vizzerdrix and friends were actually erratad to have the rabbit creature type too.

>Personally I'd just replace gnomes with them, or anything else
I'd certainly agree with them in the role of the d&d gnome, which imo should be more directly replaced with classic/mushroom-people gnomes

Interestingly enough some of the earlier illustrations of hobbits were rabbit-people based on people's misinterpretation of the descriptions.