Your character was sent with colonists to settle a new place but all the good spots to set up a colony are densely...

Your character was sent with colonists to settle a new place but all the good spots to set up a colony are densely populated by nymph feyspeaker druids who refuse to let anyone else on the land and waters.

How does your character resolve this?

If my character is on a colonization mission, it would be specifically to sabotage it.

>How does your character resolve this?

The way any good colonizer resolves disputes with a land's native inhabitants: genocide.

I already killed the colonists and swiped their shit, so why should give a fuck about what the natives are doing?

Traveller:
A bunch of qt. Humaniti-branch waifus?
There is profit in that !
But if course my group can't let the Noble do what's right and so we will most likely help "those poor, underprivileged natives".

Heroquest:
Either find a better spot or leave, we must be near the center of some elven hallows and we will be genocided if we fuck up further.

Give them blankets as a symbol of good faith.

>disease goes poof

Go to bed Ryan.

>"Oi, there's hostile Xeno Psykers on my planet. Time to start a crusade, I suppose."

But will this count as xenocide or herbicide?

>Attempt to genocide Fae-related beings
>End up getting (quite literally) buttered because it's the Fucking Fae

Set up in one of the average spots? I'm not going to start a war with the fucking Fair Folk, least of all before we have a foothold in the new land. No, just make do and send word back to the King.

>ackshyually they don't want anyone on or near the mainland at all, and your mere arrival has sparked military action

Awesome

The Fae got BTFOed by men with steel tools, they can get BTFOed now.

he has a sneezing fit, because fucking allergies

roll to seduce

>Last character was a fae-pact warlock with a wide "strike zone"
debauchery. Lots and lots of debauchery.

Wholesome genocide, because the colony is more important than some fucking watery tarts.

>because it's the Fucking Fae
So fucking what?

Triggering a frenzied, god slaying wild hunt is not a very brilliant idea.

Break out the miniature Anti-Magic cages. Living Lanterns will sell well back overseas.

Not him, but care to elaborate? I think I've missed something

>What's wrong with getting fae on your ass
You've kidding, right? Or just come from a culture that never developed the concept of fae, so you don't even know what you are facing.

Well, if it's anything like the last time, I'm in for two hours of cringey, high-school drama level mad hatter impersonations.

Oh I see, you subscribe the the idea that fae=most powerful. Yeah no, I don't.

>miniature

Faggot, my culture spawned the very concept of lichdom, fae aint shit.

Rape

Why not use orbital bombardment?

Ready cold iron weapons and armor.
Seriously, did you think I'd be part of a colonization effort if there wasn't
1)Scouting and raiding done first so I understand, at at least a basic level, the culture I'm about to oppress/depose/replace
OR
2)fricking conquistadors with the backing of the Almighty?

Liberal use of napalm

> mah niggas

Introduce them to methamphetamine.

If the nymphs are lewd, there are no problems to begin with.

If the nymphs are not lewd, I'd strongly prioritize safer areas to set up a colony. Even if I have enough power to turn the average fairy into a crotch toy, it's hard to say the same for the colonists. They'd get fucked, they would be lucky if the only thing the fey (by the way, there might be a portal to the Feywild in places like these - have fun with THAT shit) did to them was make their lives the living-hellest of living hells, The venture wouldn't be profitable in the end. Fucking leave it alone.

>If the nymphs are lewd, there are no problems to begin with.
Wh-Why not?

What culture is it?

Consensual Anal Rape for the purpose of Procreation.

Leave and hope to high hell they don't think you're interesting

Burn the forest

You know how I know you are American who's grand-grandparents emigrated from Russia rather than actual Russian?

Isn't Keith Baker running a campaign like this?

No, I'm subscribing to the idea fae = getting your entire line cursed forever. Meaning not worth it

>people picking genocide
>Kill the fae
>The land instantly withers and dies
>now instead of a nice, lush verdant land you have fucking mordor

Have you people not seen how things worked out for Ireland?

Let me riddle you this:
You are going to burn your main source of income and resources for the colony to get rid of locals? And how you are even going to achieve that, assuming any other situation than severe drought

>You are going to burn your main source of income and resources for the colony to get rid of locals?
Yes
>? And how you are even going to achieve that, assuming any other situation than severe drought
Lotsa fire

Koschei is from Slavic folk tales, essentially being a stock character of fairy tales. His soul is kept separately, inside entire list of things, matryoshka-style.
That's literally all he has to do with lich and it takes to be American with Russian roots to even consider boasting about it - actuall Russians and other Slavs don't give two squats about it or use him in fantasy short stories, again, as a stock character.
Personally, I highly advise finding Olga Gromyko's "Poor, poor Koschei". Really good story poking fun out of all the stock characters and elements of East Slavic fairy tales without being mockery or parody.

I ask firmly, but politely, if we can live here. If they refuse then I ask for the exact boundaries of their territory and settle there, digging a channel for the river to come through.

... right...
You've been in a wood at least once in your life... right?

That's cool. My character belongs to an order of hag hunters who literally eat curses. They'd just be making it hurt more when I beat them with my iron cane.
This is basically a less innately malevolent version of the shit that I and several other party members are specc'd to fight

>How does your character resolve this?
Free slaves!

>nymph feyspeaker druids
This is something of a word salad.

Without knowing relative powerlevels of mortals and fey in the setting (which, as displayed by can vary sharply) a proper response is hard to determine.

So let's go with the last character I actually played and their setting. It's D&D. Character is a Tiefling Warlock with a Great Old One pact (Specifically, having ported the cthulhu mythos for that, serving Nyarlathotep). In setting the fey fill the "Dying elder race" sort of trope so I guess it makes sense that their servitors would be exceptionally touchy about territory.

If the party has been called in, chances are getting this colony up and running is mission-critical (or at least a huge boon) to resisting the attempts of devils to conquer and subvert known lands. Some of my friends are going to want to talk this out and try to explain the importance of our needs to the fey, but if they don't listen (as is liable) it's time to claim a beachhead by force. It's not an ideal solution: if the fey are really dedicated, holding the colony is going to be a constant effort, but at the same time I'm not amazingly concerned since there's a good chance their masters abandon them and puss out like every other time in history, and if it becomes an otherworldly entity pissing contest I'd bet on just about anything else in setting -- Gods, Planars, or Great Old Ones -- over Fey Lords.

Faggot, you wouldn't fuck up with anything native to the woods (especially if it's the marshy kind of woods) if you were Russian, so shut up, Amerimutt

I think OP is talking about feyspeaker druids from Pathfinder.

Ah. Despite being deep in D&D I never hopped to PF, so I wasn't familiar with "Feyspeaker" as a technical designation.

Born in em, saw them burn plenty of times

Everything is possible if you believe :)

Search for a shared enemy. If there isn't one, make one up. If that doesn't work, get butthurt and throw a tantrum.

I return to my mothership and tell the commanding officer that the planet requires orbital bombardment before colonising.

>pic
Damn fairies sure know how to party.

Selective carpet bombing

>So many "hur hur yu cudnt fight the fey yu dun even kno what fey is" fags

Okay then I guess everyone dies since fey are so tough and so scary that no one could ever stand a chance against them despite that happening in myth and fiction all the time and them specifically being laid out in the OP as pathshitter monsters

Seriously, feywank is the dumbest Shit

Peacefully remove them from the forest
morning stars to the skull count as peaceful right

>Selective
>carpet bombing

He asked explicitly about non-drought situation, thou

Use our anti-grav tech to float about an inch above the land and waters. Technically, we are respecting them by not being on the land and waters.

>despite that happening in myth and fiction all the time
... and paying SERIOUS price for this each and every time.
Which I guess you ignored, because you only focuse on the HFY part of the myths with fae.

Also, the fact it's some 3.PF bullshit only came out recently, so go fuck yourself.

Thatsthejoke.png

>Only came out recently
>gives a specific class and archetype in the OP
Okay feyfag, keep telling yourself that. Gotta protect your self esteem. Bet you run your players through fey realms just to curbstomp and humiliate them because " see guize fey are strong hehe bet you didn't know hehe that means my penis is big"

The fuck my character is doing in colonist group?
Also, who is so fucking dense to send colonist into area that's already taken and not just by some small group, but "densely populated"?

Sounds like stupid idea created by complete retard to either have shitty mass combat and/or "genocide" or by someone who doesn't exactly grasp how to pull colonist actions.

>>gives a specific class and archetype in the OP
Ever occured to you that not everyone is familiar with D&D, not to mention 3.PF? Or you are too dense for that?

Guess it's the latter, considering all you can come up with now is "feyfag". Because apparently not everyone being in your boat is your sworn enemy and secretly has a fetish about fae.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. It's clearly a specific class for a specific system, so sperging out about all fey from all mythology when that's clearly not the case from the getgo is retarded.

>It's clearly a specific class for a specific system
If you KNOW that. Seriously, it's like you are too fucking stupid to realise not everyone plays Pathfinder or is familiar with it's content. Judging by this very thread, even people playing D&D didn't realise this is something from their own fucking system.
So I'm sorry I didn't memorise classes of a game that I never played in my life. Next time, specify game, instead living in the delusion that D&D is some sort of universal standard that everyone knows and plays

Simple. We build gigantic towers on the small pieces of land that the nymphs do not give a damn about. Then we start constructing bridges and platforms on the trees. After that we spend the rest of our lives pulling off pranks on the nymphs.

Daily reminder Pathfinder was released almost 10 years ago and its haydays ended somewhere around '14. So I also fail to grasp how not knowing some obscure class from that fucking mess of a game is "ignorance". But sure as hell assuming everyone is a PF fag is a sign of ignorance

Skycities

Your move bitches.
Then probably negotiate for a spot to grow my Telvanni tower, live there for a few months/years, be known as the harmless guy on the edge of town who sells potions and once i've learned all the magic I can, enslave all of the bastards who dare make demands of a Telvanni.

I'm not expecting you to know chapter and verse here, just to realize that "nymph feyspeaker druid" sounds a hell of a lot more like system jargon for something specific than something from folklore.

That's not even mentioning that generally characters in RPGs can and do fight the fey and win fairly often. Not pyhrric victories, not "at great cost", just flat out defeating them, so even if we are talking mythological fey they still may be taken down unless you're the sort who runs fey as "actually no you lose, look how much stronger these npcs are than you" encounters

There's only one possible conclusion here

>Convince Nymph to sign dodgy contract that I swear says I won't ruin their land or water
>Contract actually says they're selling me the land & water and only says I don't have the right to pollute when I don't own it, which is never (lol)
>Now I own the land. Move in.
>Start polluting
>Nymphs get pissy
>Nymphs take me to court. I win because courts are rigged in my favor
>Nymphs get pissier
>Nymphs attack me
>Justified Genocide
>I giggle as I take natures bounty and make it my own

>Expecting the fey to abide by mortal contracts made in bad faith

interbreeding

There, your bait answer OP, happy now?

"Contract made in bad faith" is one of the most long and glorious fey traditions. One of the few weapons that both fey and mortals regularly wield against each other.

>Implying humanity learns from mistakes the first time
We're pretty slow on the uptake sometimes.

Assuming that negotiations fail and the nymphs have a class system with the druids at the top, I'd start by working my way into the good graces of the nymph nobility. I don't expect them to have the same sense of value as us big folk, but they're nobles for the Gods' sakes, there has to be something they want. No matter where you go and who you meet, you can always expect the better ones to be greedier than the common lot.
Spices to add to their diet of dew and starlight? Miniature jewelry made from a 1/100 iron-silver mixture to give those decedent fools a bit of a thrill? Exotic races to use as slaves or concubines? Once I have leverage on the nobility, then they can bring their own political clout to bear on the druids. Who knows, maybe that sacred grove was actually historically located a couple of kilometers to the East, or that public land suddenly needs to be sold off to one of my new friends.
Hiring mercenaries, arming colonists, all of that costs money. Why eliminate the competition when I can make them into a new market?

Pic related

Also, if you had read the post, you'd know that the expectation was that they /would not/ abide by a contract made in poor faith, and thus would give cassus belli to kill them all.

The joke is that that's basically what the Europeans did to the American Natives, 'cuz I'm guessing that you didn't know, you twat

We take the less good spots and trade with the fae to our mutual advantage. What kind of retarded question is this, now we have trade and commerce already. Deus vulting retards need not reply.

This desu

All according to the plan

Seduce the fluid druids and colonize their wombs.

>Equip Jets with crop sprayer.
>Fill with AO and Micropowdered Iron.
>Spray forest.
>Purge with Iron tipped bullets.

>Plan A: Diplomacy
If I’ve been sent to colonize this area, we presumably know very little about it. It would be rash to assume that I could violently force them off their land, besides the negative consequences of making an enemy of the fey. So, I’d try and negotiate with them. Is there something I could do to get land from them? A trade agreement? Respect for their relgion/tradition? A quest? There’s a hook to be had somewhere.

>Plan B: Return Later
If I’ve been sent to colonize this area, I must have the backing of a reasonably rich, well-developed country. So, they should be able to provide military support for the inevitable violence that breaks out when the settlement is established. But it would be pure folly to build a fort and have it burned down first. So, I’d return to wherever I was sent from and lay out the situation. The must’ve had some idea that the land would be inhabited by these sort before, so they probably have an idea of what is to be done.

>Plan C: Direct Action
If there is no support forthcoming from the government, then the colony is doomed to fail. I don’t know why I would try and establish this thing if the government isn’t supporting me (is it a corporation of some sort, maybe?), but the best plan would be to go guerrilla. The native population probably isn’t monolith; there are internal divisions and feuds I can take advantage of. I don’t need long-term conquest yet. I just need to establish a strong foothold (a few forts, maybe?). Do like Cortez, basically. Though, I don’t have the technological advantage, so I’d have to make up for it in other area. That’s where the other members of the party come in. We’re likely much higher level than any of the natives, what with all we’ve done, so holding and establishing a foothold should be easy enough.

Of course, this all depends. There isn’t really enough information to give a good answer.

>So, I’d return to wherever I was sent from and lay out the situation.
This would be an alright plan, but if we're assuming similar tech levels to when Earthfolk colonized the Americas, it'd be months just to get back to Not!Europe - not to mention you'll be running out of supplies when you get there anyway.

It'll be basically the same problem as an interstellar colonization mission would be, assuming FTL is possible but not particularly fast. The Homeland can't help much beyond just sending you packages of new dudes to help you set up. Otherwise, you're on your own.

> I don’t know why I would try and establish this thing if the government isn’t supporting me
Because it's that or being burned for being a heretic, usually. Or the 1500's equivalent of Sovereign Citizens; people who hate the government, usually to an irrational degree, and are willing to move out innawoods to escape it. And usually a small population of people who just love exploring and going new places, but mostly the first two.

>similar tech levels to when Earthfolk colonized the Americas
I didn’t see than anywhere, but okay. It affects the plan to return. If the problem is that only the best spots are taken, then establishing a sub-optimal stronghold is still a decent first-step. Work to keep the natives off my back for a few years, build up a reasonable, sustaining city. The honest-to-god best plan would be to do basically what actually happened and colonized-and-civilize some useful, resource rich islands off the coast to act as a strong home-base and administrative center before moving onto the mainland, but I doubt anything like that exists; either way, though.

It could be, as I suggest, a corportation of some sort. This land was probably claimed by someone at some point, but I have a Royal Charter to establish a monopoly in the area, if only I could enforce it.

I go back from where I came and inform my superiors of the situation?
That is assuming they weren't stupid enough to knowingly send me on a "colonizing" mission to a location they already know is densely populated and already has its resources fully claimed.

My party accidently started a huge forest fire the other day

Give them some blankets as a token of goodwill.

The imperium won't mind, chaos tainted land is worthless anyways.

Blankets infected with Hepatitis A?

>Dark Heresy
"Orders are orders, and we are supposed to make sure the colony isn't too Warp-touched. This seems kind of daemonic to me. Better we lose the timber than risk anyone higher up than us getting involved."

>Pathfinder
>"Is it because I'm a Dhampir, is that it? You think you're better just because you're 'more alive?' That's it, I'm laying down as many Inflicts and Harms as it takes for you to-"
>immediately dragged away by the Paladin